Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:46 am

Post by Yamahako »

Unvote
Go ahead and move your vote Ecto - I have no real reason to keep voting you.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:52 am

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

unvote, vote adele

go go go =)
i swear im not mafia
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 am

Post by scotmany12 »

All of these quotes will come from Yamahoko.
I wasn't advocating omg's lynch at any point
Oh really...
I'm 100% sure I'd like him to be lynched over Adele at this juncture.
I consider that advocating. Along with this
I still think OMG might be right lynch
This, however, is what gets me.
1 - no reason for the doc to claim when he did, if he was the real doc - however plenty of reasons for scum to claim doc in that situation (defense, people afraid to vote, make the real doc claim)

2 - risk of leaving him alive could be greater than risk of killing him. If he isn't killed durring the night, we are left with the same dillema today (and every day he's alive) potentially leading us to kill more townies, or leading to the death of more townies.

3 - he COULD be mafia, meaning we want to kill him anyway - just assuming he's a townie at this point is dangerous.

4 - a player so bad he claims doc on day one when he's not under any serious pressure wouldn't necessarily be effective in that role anyway - meaning we have little to lose by offing a "power role"
You not only said he had no reason to claim, which he actually did since he was on the copping blcok, plus you said it would be a greater risk in leaving him alive. How is that? If we kill him today, then we might kill off our doctor, which is never good. If he survives the night, then we might have to think about lynching him, but not now.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Patrick »

Yamahako wrote:I am unequivocally not the doc. If someone is the doc, in no way should you counter claim omg.
X
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Yamahako »

scotmany12 wrote: You not only said he had no reason to claim, which he actually did since he was on the copping blcok, plus you said it would be a greater risk in leaving him alive. How is that? If we kill him today, then we might kill off our doctor, which is never good. If he survives the night, then we might have to think about lynching him, but not now.
If we spend every day debating whether or not omg is scum, then we are giving mafia a huge edge this game. I said it MAY be a greater risk to keep him alive, and asked people to comment on that. If we kill him today we MIGHT kill off our doctor (we might also kill a scum), it isn't necessarily
never
good to kill off the doctor. It definitely isn't something you
usually
want to do. But he is neither confirmed, nor acting how a typical doctor townie would act.

Saying I'd rather one person be lynched over another doesn't mean that I'm advocating a lynch of that person - it means just what I said - I find Adele less scummy than OMG (at the time, right now I think omg is just a bad townie).

It's been my experience (and as I said many experienced people on this site, like Glork, seem to agree with me) that its best to lynch claimed docs on day 1.

There's no such thing as a chopping block in this game, there are no hammers, all that exists is a leader board and an unknown deadline. There are ways to explain why you don't think you're the right lynch that aren't sensationalism, insults, ultimatums, and unnecessary claims.

The one good thing about this turn of events is that there is a lot of dicussion and a lot of things we can pin on people later. How fast my bandwagon loaded up should be telling later in the game.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Patrick »

Yamahako wrote:If we spend every day debating whether or not omg is scum, then we are giving mafia a huge edge this game.
True. Which is why we absolutely would need a real doc counterclaiming if OMG is scum. Then we could lynch scum, and go into day 2 with 10 players, most likely only one scum left.
Yamahako wrote:But he is neither confirmed, nor acting how a typical doctor townie would act.
If a doc goes uncounterclaimed in a mini, they are generally thought of as near confirmed. Most minis have a doctor, unless it's an open setup that is specifically without a doc. I don't like your second point either. In Ogre Village mafia, he was the doctor, and acted pretty similarly to this. He annoyed ppl, did stupid things and was in trouble early. Are you suggesting we punish bad play here?
Yamahako wrote:It's been my experience (and as I said many experienced people on this site, like Glork, seem to agree with me) that its best to lynch claimed docs on day 1.
I disagree. I don't think there is any kind of common consensus of lynching claimed docs on day 1. I will hopefully get onto Glork this evening, and ask him if he has a policy of doing that, my feeling is he doesn't.
Riverwind23
Riverwind23
Goon
Riverwind23
Goon
Goon
Location: Yeah it was a tragedy! Could you repeat the question?

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Riverwind23 »

If you think we should lynch a claimed doc on day 1 then why don't you vote omg?
Ectomancer: can't find a reason to vote for him.

Yamahako:omg's vote on him was OMGUS, and others simply followed.

Adele:other than the plan that everyone keeps bringing up, i detect no scummy behavior.

Also
FoS:scotmany

he repeatedly defends omg, and he voted for Yamahako after omg did.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:'my names yamahako and i think we should lynch the cop day 1 durrrrrrr'
never survied a game! weee :P
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote, vote Pablito
Your jumping around so much, plus the vote swapping and behavior I listed in my last post is what is motivating this vote.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Patrick »

You should skim pablito's other games.
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Pink Princess »

A Vote Count

for your convenience

HemisphereDancer: 1 (
Jack
)
omg_im_innocent_wtf: 1 (
Riverwind
)
Adele: 1 (
omg_im_innocent_wtf
)
pablito: 1 (
Ectomancer
)
Yamahoko : 2 (
scotmany, Kenji
)
Ectomancer : 3 (
Patrick, pablito, Adele
)

Not voting:
Hemisphere Dancer, Shamrock, Yamahoko
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Yamahako »

In a reread his point was more about Masons (where I played in a stupid manner) you can check out [url"click here"]http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=450[/url] and read his posts on that page (and mine to see some bad play by me).
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:27 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I could care less if omg voted for yamahako or not River. The reason I am voting for him is that he thinks that our best move is getting rid of someone who could be our doctor. You can say that I am defending omg, and that is fine, I kind of am. I still don't trust him fully though. If he survives the night, then I believe we have to look into him, not now though. The sole reason for me voting for yamahako is that he is willing to risk killing off our doctor.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Yamahako »

bah :-(
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Jack »

Unvote, Vote:scotmany12

I feel that is a weak point. Yamahako was willing to risk killing off a
claimed
doctor. And it isn't a horrible play to do so, it's just not the best option. That's not a good "sole reason" to vote someone, but it is a very easy reason to vote someone.
Riverwind23
Riverwind23
Goon
Riverwind23
Goon
Goon
Location: Yeah it was a tragedy! Could you repeat the question?

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Riverwind23 »

@scot do you have any other reasons for voting Yamahako? I still can't see why he is a problem.

Omg's huge outburst(while making me read a whole page of the same argument) convinced me that he is indeed a problem. The screaming HEY IM A FREAKIN DOC DON'T YOU DARE VOTE ME!! thing really looks to be a scum tell. knowing that omg is an experianced player on this and other sites, he should know not to make such noob mistakes.(actually once i did the same thing he is doning now on my first game. what i did was idiotic, almost got me lynched, then i got shot to death by the mafia :). )
never survied a game! weee :P
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Patrick »

Hmm. Maybe there is something in a riverwind lynch afterall. How is screaming "OMG I'M THE FREAKING DOC!" a scumtell?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:50 am

Post by pablito »

Ectomancer wrote:
unvote, vote Pablito
Your jumping around so much, plus the vote swapping and behavior I listed in my last post is what is motivating this vote.
Sure, I've never done the vote-swapping thing, but I tend to hop around. I'll take that as OMGUS. Typical reaction.
Sup, later.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:54 am

Post by scotmany12 »

No river, I don't really have another reason for voting Yamahako. I simply believe that someone who wants to risk killing a doctor is a big problem. omg is either doctor or scum in my mind(I haven't ruled him out being scum yet). In fact, this may just be another way for him to save himself. He said his survival is the most important to him, and he might have made up the claim to save himself. I still don't trust him, but I won't risk killing off a doctor. I guess Yamahako has a problem that I also saw in omg. He cares for himself, and not for the better of the town. That is why I am voting for him.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Yamahako »

scotmany12 wrote: I guess Yamahako has a problem that I also saw in omg. He cares for himself, and not for the better of the town. That is why I am voting for him.
If you are referring to my vote on ectomancer - think of it like this:

I know I'm town, I know what my role is, I am 100% certain that if I'm lynched then we will lose a townie.

I don't know ectomancer's role, he's likely a townie, but I can't be 100% certain of that. My voting for him means I'm acting in the best interest of the town from my perspective voting for someone unconfirmed in order to try and save someone confirmed. It's not about what's good for me... townies dying is bad for the town.

Everyone should be playing like this - unless of course you happen to be a tracker, or someone who can tell what role someone has and you KNOW the other person is a role that will help the town. Then you can take the bullet for the other person and be acting in the towns best interest.

In this game, not voting to keep yourself alive is almost like voting for yourself - which is a no-no in other games. (Notice I said almost...) People can only work with the information that they know to be true, everything else is conjecture and speculation. Just as most people think that voting the claimed doc is a no-no, but it doesn't seem that bad to me - it doesn't mean I'm scum it just means I have a different perspective on the situation. It could certainly be the WRONG position, and I'm willing to accept that.

Actually, if I were scum I'd love for OMG to stay alive. Creating that kind of confusion is the best thing that Mafia can do. If at any point OMG became a liability I could just off him as mafia, but each night he survives will cause the town to question him even more. Especially if he's as easy to read (as to who he would protect) as he seems.

That being said, I don't think he's dangerous to keep alive at this point, I just wouldn't advise trusting him. I'm still suspicious of Kenji (actually I should be voting him
Vote Kenji
)
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Kenji »

"I know I'm town, I know what my role is, I am 100% certain that if I'm lynched then we will lose a townie. "

Claim then.

Yamahoka, please keep posting stuff like this "and as I said many experienced people on this site, like Glork, seem to agree with me" which is oh-so scummy it is untrue.

scotmany12 is pinging my scumdar something rotten at the moment.
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Kenji »

and when I said claim, I mean claim as near to the role pm as you want to without getting modkilled.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Jack »

Kenji wrote:"I know I'm town, I know what my role is, I am 100% certain that if I'm lynched then we will lose a townie. "

Claim then.
Yes, this is brilliant, let's get as many power roles out as we can. He said "townie" right there btw.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:34 am

Post by pablito »

What the hell, what's with all this selfishness. I don't get it.

Nonetheless, I still like my vote. Ecto just seems to be very opportunistic, doesn't seem to be consistent and he's not really reacting well to being the top vote getter.
Sup, later.
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Kenji »

Jack, I know he said townie, I still want him to claim from the role pm though.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Yamahako »

Kenji wrote:"I know I'm town, I know what my role is, I am 100% certain that if I'm lynched then we will lose a townie. "

Claim then.

Yamahoka, please keep posting stuff like this "and as I said many experienced people on this site, like Glork, seem to agree with me" which is oh-so scummy it is untrue.

scotmany12 is pinging my scumdar something rotten at the moment.
wow.. fishing for power roles are we? I'm so happy with my vote!!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”