Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Ectomancer wrote:I dont get the feeling omg is bluffing his claim, but if he is actually vanilla trying to protect our doctor by misleading scum, that still makes him not scum (added to other reasons I dont think he is scum). I guess it goes back to that hypothetical question asked earlier about would you sacrifice yourself to save the doctor.

Yamahako, that vote looked very opportunistic to me, especially since we know the day has to be getting short. Until I was assured otherwise, I thought it had actually ended with Arafax's 9:30 post. It especially didnt look good when your focus has been on Kenji, and then the omg seemed to come from out of the blue from you.

unvote Adele, Vote Yamahako
I explained why I switched my vote. It wasn't opportunistic - its simply that would rather have seen OMG die than adele at this point, and I don't think leaving a persons death up to random chance (were the night to end) is the right play. At this point I'm definitly leading the votes (at 3) so that's not a problem.

However the last too votes on me don't seem indicitive of my actions, as I've been rather transparant about all of my moves here and I feel they are fairly town oriented. Freaking out like OMG seems more like a scum action than me (however it could also be a newbie action, so I'm willing to forgive it).
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Jack »

Yamahako, both scum and actual doctor will only claim as a last resort. The real doc will get killed, and the scum will get counterclaimed or lynched. If he's scum we'll figure it out. Meanwhile, it's better to try and make a lynch and have the mafia kill him.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by pablito »

Agree with Jack. But disagree with "last resort". This is 101 mph. There is no last resort, because we don't know when "last" can occur.
Sup, later.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Yamahako »

My opinion is that, this early in the game, its never good for the doc to counterclaim as it only gives the mafia what they want anyway. Its been my experience (and many other players seem to take the same stance) that you should lynch all Day 1 doc claims. That being said I think OMG is more likely a noob than mafia - thus my dillema and my questions.

And yeah, there isn't a last resort. A townie should be providing alternatives as long as they are in the lead and not making wierd ultimatums like "5 mins to unvote." There isn't a claim or die in this game (I was just thinking about it actually as I will likely be the first death), there's just try to explain why someone is less town than you.

Since most of the people paying attention right now seem to think OMG is not a liability right now, I'll go back to
voting Kenji
Since no lynch day one is one of my personal favorite scum tells.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

Jack wrote:
Unvote,Vote:Hemisphere Dancer

I prefer this to reverwind.

omg, I think claiming was a bad move, especially considering that the mod basically told us the game wasn't ending for at least 8 hours or so.
4 - a player so bad he claims doc on day one when he's not under any serious pressure wouldn't necessarily be effective in that role anyway - meaning we have little to lose by offing a "power role"
jack your wrong. the mod told us nothing. there is 2 mods in this game. if i modded a game like that i would definitely say something like that then spring a surprise ending. days go for about 3-4 real days i heard which means lynch could have come at any time.

yamahako - you are a clown. you obviously have absolutely no clue how to play this game. you cant even read between the lines when i am using every second post to tell you that im a power role. you are either an opportunistic scum that just revealed himself or the absolute worst town player i have ever played with. honestly wtf were you thinking voting for me. then not unvoting me? anyone with that little understanding of the game needs to die for towns sake either way. i feel like every game im in on this site there is at least 2-3 players just like this that completely wreck it by having zero fundamental understanding of mafia and make a stupid vote which cant be countered due to the circumstances.

facts:

1. i was under serious pressure. i was leading the votecount and at least one opportunist had jumped on the bandwagon. another jumps on and its gg to me. plus day ends at any time, i could have died rite then.
2. i am claiming now because it means the mafia have 2 choices. either they take a potshot to hit the cop, whom i am also going to be trying to protect tonite based on the same information (and i have a pretty good idea who it is imo)... or they waste a night and kill me, meaning the cop is guaranteed a peek tonight.
3. lynching me is so stupid its unbelievable. ill let others elaborate because i really cbf at this point.
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Yamahako wrote:My opinion is that, this early in the game, its never good for the doc to counterclaim as it only gives the mafia what they want anyway. Its been my experience (and many other players seem to take the same stance) that you should lynch all Day 1 doc claims. That being said I think OMG is more likely a noob than mafia - thus my dillema and my questions.
rofl you are calling me a noob. i am 50 times the player you will ever be. you paid no attention to this game and screwed town completely. this is the worst gameplay idea i have ever seen in my life.

you are a useless townie or a terrible scum, either way hopefully you are a dead man walking.

confirm vote yamahako
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:52 pm

scotmany12 wrote:I'm going to sleep now. Also, why do I get the feeling that you dislike me omg.
lol not at all.

as much as i enjoy getting caught up in the game sometimes everything i say has metagame reasons behind it, ive never actually grown any "out of game" dislike for anyone in a game of mafia, at the end of the day its just a game for fun. surprised you said that too... i was voting with you until pablito messed up
i swear im not mafia
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Yamahako »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:yamahako - you are a clown. you obviously have absolutely no clue how to play this game. you cant even read between the lines when i am using every second post to tell you that im a power role. you are either an opportunistic scum that just revealed himself or the absolute worst town player i have ever played with. honestly wtf were you thinking voting for me. then not unvoting me? anyone with that little understanding of the game needs to die for towns sake either way. i feel like every game im in on this site there is at least 2-3 players just like this that completely wreck it by having zero fundamental understanding of mafia and make a stupid vote which cant be countered due to the circumstances.

facts:

1. i was under serious pressure. i was leading the votecount and at least one opportunist had jumped on the bandwagon. another jumps on and its gg to me. plus day ends at any time, i could have died rite then.
2. i am claiming now because it means the mafia have 2 choices. either they take a potshot to hit the cop, whom i am also going to be trying to protect tonite based on the same information (and i have a pretty good idea who it is imo)... or they waste a night and kill me, meaning the cop is guaranteed a peek tonight.
3. lynching me is so stupid its unbelievable. ill let others elaborate because i really cbf at this point.
lol, thanks its been a long day at work - and I needed a good laugh.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:02 pm

Post by Yamahako »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
Yamahako wrote:My opinion is that, this early in the game, its never good for the doc to counterclaim as it only gives the mafia what they want anyway. Its been my experience (and many other players seem to take the same stance) that you should lynch all Day 1 doc claims. That being said I think OMG is more likely a noob than mafia - thus my dillema and my questions.
rofl you are calling me a noob. i am 50 times the player you will ever be. you paid no attention to this game and screwed town completely. this is the worst gameplay idea i have ever seen in my life.

you are a useless townie or a terrible scum, either way hopefully you are a dead man walking.

confirm vote yamahako
and they just keep coming!!!!

night everyone its unlikely I'll check back before tomorrow morning - I get to go home now!
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 pm

lol ya this game is comedy for sure. honestly tho you say things that stupid what do you expect? regardless of your role....

'my names yamahako and i think we should lynch the cop day 1 durrrrrrr'
i swear im not mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:43 am

Post by Patrick »

I didn't so much mind Yamahako's original vote on OMG. I really don't like post 185 though. I thought he was justified in claiming doc at that time, since we don't know when deadline might hit. Sure it's bad to have a doc outed, but it's significantly worse to lynch the doc day 1, as we did last time. This way as he points out, the cop will get at least one investigation. The recommendation that we lynch him even after he claims is suspect. If nobody counterclaims, I'm pretty sure he's the doctor. If he isn't then the real doc needs to claim now. End of story.
Yamahako wrote:1 - no reason for the doc to claim when he did, if he was the real doc - however plenty of reasons for scum to claim doc in that situation (defense, people afraid to vote, make the real doc claim)
Yes there was a reason for a real doc to claim in that situation as pointed out above.
Yamahako wrote:2 - risk of leaving him alive could be greater than risk of killing him. If he isn't killed durring the night, we are left with the same dillema today (and every day he's alive) potentially leading us to kill more townies, or leading to the death of more townies.
No reason to assume he's not the doc unless there's a counterclaim. If he's the doc then I'm not going to complain if scum want to leave him alive.
Yamahako wrote:3 - he COULD be mafia, meaning we want to kill him anyway - just assuming he's a townie at this point is dangerous.
Same as the last point.
Yamahako wrote:4 - a player so bad he claims doc on day one when he's not under any serious pressure wouldn't necessarily be effective in that role anyway - meaning we have little to lose by offing a "power role"
This pings the scumdar I have to say. I just really don't like this justification. What do you mean by saying he wasn;t under serious pressure? He was in a situation where he would be lynched if the deadline came, and deadline could now come at anytime. I call that real pressure. Also, we're not here to lynch ppl who play badly. We aren't about to lynch a doc just to teach him a lesson. My win condition says lynch scum, maybe yours says lynch annoying ppl? :lol:
Yamahako wrote:Freaking out like OMG seems more like a scum action than me (however it could also be a newbie action, so I'm willing to forgive it).
I also disagree with this. It sounded like a genuine reaction. Obviously it's massively exagerrated.
Yamahako post 203 wrote:My opinion is that, this early in the game, its never good for the doc to counterclaim as it only gives the mafia what they want anyway. Its been my experience (and many other players seem to take the same stance) that you should lynch all Day 1 doc claims. That being said I think OMG is more likely a noob than mafia - thus my dillema and my questions.
This worries me. Looking back at your last few posts I get a small hunch, like you're subtly trying to get OMG lynched. I will say this:
If you are the real doctor Yamahako, and he is lying scum, just come out and say it. There's no way we're going to lynch an uncountered doctor.
If he is scum and your the doc, then trading yourself in is the best idea, especially given that we probably only have 2 scum. If that's not the game you're playing, then I see no justification for your play and will probably vote you.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count

HemisphereDancer : 1 (Jack)
omg_im_innocent_wtf : 1 (Riverwind)
pablito : 1 (Kenji)

Ectomancer : 2 (Patrick, pablito)

Yamahoko : 3 (omg_im_innocent_wtf, scotmany, Ectomancer)

Note : Sorry about the confusion....I will post something like "Thats a lynch" etc if D1 actually ends
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:38 am

Post by Adele »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:

"lol U are teh noob, Noob! Ph3R3 My L33T 5K1LLZ!!!! You suk & I Rule..."

seriously, omg, grow up. Yama's reaction made sense to me. You read like the ramblings of a madman; were we really expected to read between the lines? You made it insanely obvious that you're the most important person to YOU - never connecting it to the wellbeing of town.
I
certainly didn't pick up on it.

Meanwhile, you're drunkenly belligerent until you get into the lead, then panic and start posting ultimatums (you, what, assume yama's still online and saw your order?) which contribute nothing to the game.

I'm really pissed off with you. You could've died last night, and it would've been your fault. Yes,
yours
. The doc shouldn't be looking to make it "insanely obvious", the doc should be trying to quietly contribute to the game but not do anything likely to put them in the firing line for either a lynch or an NK. If the scum have picked up on your clues you'd've been picked off tonight anyway.

Anyway, you're the doc (
Patrick I disagree, if there is another/"real" doc, don't claim, we can always lynch omg later but if you come out now scum have swapped an inevitable scumlynch for an inevitable scumlynch but they know who the doc is to NK
). You're out of danger. Would you mind laying off being such a jackass and letting us play?

Vote: Ectomancer

I don't think Yama's the play. Maybe because I'm so sympathetic to his frustration with, oh, everything that omg has done.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Patrick »

Adele wrote:Anyway, you're the doc (Patrick I disagree, if there is another/"real" doc, don't claim, we can always lynch omg later but if you come out now scum have swapped an inevitable scumlynch for an inevitable scumlynch but they know who the doc is to NK). You're out of danger. Would you mind laying off being such a jackass and letting us play?
In the case of Yamahako, if he is the real doc and omg is scum, he should certainly claim now. Can you see the danger he's in? He could get lynched at any time.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Adele »

Well, if he can get out of it through sensible posting, like I did, then that's preferable, even if there's a slight risk. In this case it's really up to him, though I get your point - but I think omg set a bad precedent.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:55 am

Post by Patrick »

Playstyle difference maybe. I would likely err on the side of caution myself, given how short day 1 last game was. Nonethless, I think if Yama is the doc he should claim, he nails us a scum instantly, which is a big boost for us on day 1, especially if only 2 scum exist.
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Kenji »

good golly gosh...
unvote, vote: Yamahoka

Your logic is bad about doc claiming, this is not a normal game. [As I'm finding out]

omg, slow down with the personal attacks... that's not how mafia is meant to be played.
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:02 am

Post by pablito »

Agreed, Yama is in dire need to tell us "not doc" or "doc". Although with all the votes that are piled on, if we find out he's the real doc, you guys better be ready to mass unvote.
Sup, later.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Patrick »

heh
I've seen him online just a second ago. I will be around tonight mostly in case there is a lightning speed unvote needed. Oh wait, I'm not voting him anyway. Never mind.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:21 am

Post by pablito »

Oh, actually there's only one vote needed to switch from Yama to Ecto - and I'm on Ectomancer, so all good.

So yeah, I misread the vote count because I missed Adele's vote.
Sup, later.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Yamahako »

I am unequivocally
not
the doc. If someone
is
the doc, in no way should you counter claim omg. Sorry, I'm getting ready for work, I'll be able to post more later.

I wasn't advocating omg's lynch at any point - I merely weighed the options regarding him being the doc or being mafia (though we don't know if we have a doc, if you happen to be a nurse or something don't confirm please) and voiced an opinion on the matter. Other than voting omg (to get the lead off of adele, whom I believe with her large post recently) before the fiasco of him claiming, I'm not sure why everyone is voting me. Mayhaps some scum be lurking on my vote count?

That being said,
Unvote, Vote Ectomancer
nothing specifically bad about you ecto, but I know I'm town :-(
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Jack »

I don't think either yamahako or ectomancer are scum. Why are they in the lead exactly?
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Kenji »

Yamahoka for putting omg into the lead and the crap logic about docs claiming.

Ecto is for um.... I don't know, anyone else want to do ecto?
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Well, Adele is voting for me because of our conflict over her plan and whether putting that plan out makes her scummy.
I guess Patrick is voting for me because I secretly read his writings as the voice of Patrick from Spongebob.
Yamahako voted for me out of survival. I cant blame him there.
Pablito....who knows what Pablito's game is. He has constantly bounced his vote around, jumping on wagons instead of putting out his own suspicions, and engaging in vote swapping. My biggest suspect right now, despite my tiff with Adele (Her plan was scummy, but she doent feel that way, so putting it out may not be scummy) is Pablito.
My vote on Yamahako was more of a wrist slap for what looked like an opportunistic vote, though Im still not conviced he is scum. As far as that goes, in the Kenji vs Yamahako argument, I dont think Kenji has explained himself well.

I would like to move my vote to Pablito, but Im stuck because of the way votes are right now. I would be giving myself up as a sacrifice to save someone who has stated they are not doc.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Pink Princess »

The Official Vote Count

courtesy of your delightful co-mod

HemisphereDancer: 1 (
Jack
)
omg_im_innocent_wtf: 1 (
Riverwind
)
Ectomancer : 4 (
Patrick, pablito, Adele, Yamahoko
)
Yamahoko : 4 (
omg_im_innocent_wtf, scotmany, Ectomancer, Kenji
)

Not voting:
Hemisphere Dancer, Shamrock

Shamrock
has been prodded. If he does not post relatively soon, he will be replaced.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”