scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, for a little bit more evidence for Riverwind, at least in my eyes. His vote for omg comes off as a OMGUS vote, and I dislike those votes a lot.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by pablito »

scotmany and/or riverwind, do you have any read on Adele and why she would post a plan like she originally did? And what benefits could any system have for the town?
Sup, later.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count

Adele: 3 (Ectomancer, Jack, pablito)
Riverwind: 2 (scotmany, omg_i'm_innocent_wtf)
Ectomancer: 1 (Patrick)
pablito: 1 (Kenji)
Kenji: 1 (Yamahoko)
omg_i'm_innocent_wtf: 1 (Riverwind)
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I really didn't see how her plan would benefit us at all. In a game where the deadline can happen at any point, I don't think that her plan of keeping people at an even vote would benefit either town or mafia.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by pablito »

and how do you feel about Adele?
Sup, later.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I think she had the town in mind, but I don't really know. Her plan isn't really evidence at all for me because I don't see it benefitting either side. Right now, I'm more concerned with River and omg.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm not really feeling a riverwind lynch. I don't think even an OMGUS is a very scummy reaction coming from a relatively new player. I am looking forward to Adele's contribution.
I'm still a bit iffy about the wording of Yamahako's posts 107-108, like he wanted to defend Ectomancer, then quickly posted again to make it clear that he wasn't defending Ectomancer.

We've been going for just under 3 days now, for the record. So heads up that deadline lynch could strike us pretty much anytime now.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by pablito »

justifiable. thanks for the responses.
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Jack »

Hemisphere Dancer wrote:
Jack wrote: Hemisphere dancer, 2 posts, no trying to find scum. I don't know why she says she doesn't want to claim not-scum, seems a weird think to say.
Mm, not quite so weird when you consider that I wasn't in danger of being lynched nor was I a target of any suspicion. It was what, page... 3 or so? Kinda early for a claim. Besides, claiming vanilla would give the scum a confirmed vanilla, and claiming a pro-town powerole would make me a target for both a lynch and a nightkill if the lynch didn't go though. And claiming scum is just stupid.

I only actually brought it up so I wouldn't be avoiding the fact that I was called lurking scum. :) Even though I knew it was in jest.

I'm also not really saying much because I'm watching and seeing how things play out. But if you want some input from me...
I think it weird to not say you are working for the town. In this game, everyone either is working for the town or is pretending to be. You can say "town" without saying vanilla/role.

[quote="HD"omg, honestly, stands out as scummy to me, if only for his "me first" philosophy. Unless we get a cop confirm on his innocence- and I doubt the cop would claim for THAT- then we have no way of telling if he honestly IS 100% town like he claims. And a from-the-start townie claim is suspicious. Jumping the gun, pretty much.

I don't know about the odds behind it, but I like Adele's idea. That way the people we find most suspicious have a better chance of getting lynched, even if it random after that.

....I just realized it took me upwards of 30 minutes between starting this post and finishing it. xD[/quote]

I don't understand you point at omg. No one is 100% confirmable town, except confirmed people and the confirmed cops who've confirmed them. And some other weird cases.

Also, he said he was townie: ie not mafia. That's not jumping any guns, he said that while explaining his voting to save self position.

You sound a bit like you are afraid saying "I'm pro-town" or "I'm not scum" will make people suspect you? Why is that?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Jack »

Ectomancer wrote:It seems I was able to relay my thought process in a more coherent manner, but events since then have me wondering about motivations.
I can understand omg's reasoning for putting a vote on Adele. Jack I dont quite understand, unless he was still always suspicious of Adele and was finally convinced his original hunch was correct.
I originally found her a little suspicious, but it's mainly her making an easy post without adding anything. I don't have any strong suspicions at this point.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

scotmany12 wrote:Also, omg, I am going to propose a hypothetical situation to you since you say that your survival is more important than anything else. Alright, you and another person are tied for a vote. You have yet voted, and the other person is a doctor. You, somehow, know for well that he is a doctor. Would you vote for him to svae yourself and risk a doctor being killed?
i would probably die for a doctor, it depends on the situation tho. there are a few problems with this.

first is that i could only ever put him 'at risk' by defending myself, unless im actually hammering him. second is the exact point im making.... in this game you cant KNOW that someone is the doctor, the only thing you can KNOW is your own role, and the roles of dead players.
Hemisphere Dancer wrote:omg, honestly, stands out as scummy to me, if only for his "me first" philosophy. Unless we get a cop confirm on his innocence- and I doubt the cop would claim for THAT- then we have no way of telling if he honestly IS 100% town like he claims.
WHAT?

obviously there is no way to tell im 100% town... of course im going to claim pro-town.... isnt everyone in this game is claiming pro-town?

............. this whole post is crazy lol, i cant even respond to it =/

riverwind - rofl at omgus vote. btw to others, i dont think the omgus vote is necessarily scummy or a bad play. i still think riverwind is scum tho
i swear im not mafia
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Yamahako »

I'd like to hear from Adele...
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Adele »

OK. First off:
Kenji re Pablito wrote:Nice scaremongering... "Quick people, make rushed decisions! It's your only hope!"
This I approve of, actually. I for one am terrified. If the deadline drops now I'm dead, and why? because I didn't find the time to defend myself. I run over schedule and only have ten minutes online before I go to work; I check this thread, no other, and I only have time to make one quick comment. What do I do? Not post at all, make the only comment I have time for and apologise there's not more, or arrive late at work? I chose the second. At this point, I have no truck with anyone pushing the "slow down, think this through then act" agenda. We have to act
while
thinking and we have to do a lot of both. Hence 101mph. So I really don't like that Kenji tried to condemn that attitude.
I also don't like Kenji's response to Yamahako (the random voting stuff). Not because it was marginally out of context (although Reading Things Properly Is Your Friend) but because he's really missing the point here of mafia. The issue's not "will X
probably
land us scum" but "Does X stand the best chance of all available strategies" - mucho abduction. I feel like Kenjie's deliberately splitting hairs rather than saying somehting useful.
Finally, people
should
defend people they trust, depending upon the extent to which they trust them. I don't know if omg is masons or whatever with the third party (who I don't offhand recall) - if omg was less than forthcoming about the specifics of heis reasons, ok. That's not lying, and it's not necessarily scummy. Point is, if he omg wants to vote for "X" to get "Y" out of danger, that's not even necessarily odd - in fact it's preciesly what I did earlier (in self defence) and may do again at the end of this post (bearing in mind that votecounts can change inside of 5 mins v easily in this game)

So, I'm really not loving Kenji right now. He seems to be posting a lot of tosh.

I agree with Jack that Ecto's explanation of his vote on me seemed inconsistent. It's like "it's this, but this isn't relevant, it's that instead; I never said it was that, it's this. Duh!" come on, man. At another point, ecto's like
Ecto wrote:If this were fencing, which of course verbally it is, I would say that Jack has certainly scored more points. I doubt that I am as skilled or experienced. I don't know that I can do a quote be quote rebuttal that would satisfy.
-A "poor me newbie" comment if I ever saw one, when Jack's not shown a "point-scoring" attitude at all. weak.

Omg's rigidly anti-town play (well, that's how I see it anyway; has he even read his WC?) is pissing me off. Note also that he didn't acutally answer (in 125) the question I asked (in 118). hmm actually looking back it wasn't 100% clear that was a real, not rhetorical quesiton I was asking omg. omg, could you please answer the hypothetical I asked in 118? Id' be grateful.

Pablito, omg_i'm, what the heck is this whole swap-meet thing you guys have got going? votes are of equal, objective power, why on earth would you swap them, except to confuse everyone? Please don't, that's just mean :P
(seriously, WTH?)

I'm sorry, I don't get the wagon on river, so I won't join it right now. I'll take another look in the morning, if I have time. Right now, I trust Jack, I suspect kenji and ecto, I'm very annoyed at omg which always interferes with my reads, so I'm gonna sleep on that, and I'm variously agreeiong with and confused by pablito.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:15 pm

scotmany12 wrote:I think she had the town in mind, but I don't really know. Her plan isn't really evidence at all for me because I don't see it benefitting either side. Right now, I'm more concerned with River and omg.
wow.... just read this after i posted. this is so insanely scummy

how do you get stuck on 2 players in a game this active so early on?

FOS scotmany
i swear im not mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Jack »

Unvote
I don't get a scumvibe from that post.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Jack »

I'm going to
Vote:Hemisphere Dancer

For weirdness that I'd like explained.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by pablito »

I'm satisfied with that post,
unvote, vote: Ectomancer
Sup, later.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:55 pm

pablito wrote:I'm satisfied with that post,
unvote, vote: Ectomancer
oh no way mang, the deal is off!

unvote, vote adele
i swear im not mafia
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by Hemisphere Dancer »

Jack wrote:I think it weird to not say you are working for the town. In this game, everyone either is working for the town or is pretending to be. You can say "town" without saying vanilla/role.
Yes, but anyone would say town. So what's the point? It doesn't prove guilt or innocence. I'd rather say "no comment" and know myself than verify as vanilla, powerole, or scum. I said why in my last post. *nod*
Jack wrote: I don't understand you point at omg. No one is 100% confirmable town, except confirmed people and the confirmed cops who've confirmed them. And some other weird cases.

Also, he said he was townie: ie not mafia. That's not jumping any guns, he said that while explaining his voting to save self position.
He's claiming that he wants to save himself because he knows he is 100% town.

Oh, wait. I think we're seeing the same thing from different angles on this. xD I figure that arbitrarily claiming town while justifying a vote- on Day 1 no less- is scummier than, say, claiming town while trying to defend yourself from a lynch.

Or am I not making any sense? I might be reading your comment wrong. :/
Shameless fangirl and full-blooded Parrothead (in training)

~Call me Kitty. It's better than Bob.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by pablito »

"Testing, testing, testes...1...2....3...test...test...SAT....is this microphone on?
unvote, vote: omg_im_innocent_wtf
"
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Jack »

Hemisphere Dancer wrote:
Jack wrote:I think it weird to not say you are working for the town. In this game, everyone either is working for the town or is pretending to be. You can say "town" without saying vanilla/role.
Yes, but anyone would say town. So what's the point? It doesn't prove guilt or innocence. I'd rather say "no comment" and know myself than verify as vanilla, powerole, or scum. I said why in my last post. *nod*
Jack wrote: I don't understand you point at omg. No one is 100% confirmable town, except confirmed people and the confirmed cops who've confirmed them. And some other weird cases.

He's claiming that he wants to save himself because he knows he is 100% town.

Oh, wait. I think we're seeing the same thing from different angles on this. xD I figure that arbitrarily claiming town while justifying a vote- on Day 1 no less- is scummier than, say, claiming town while trying to defend yourself from a lynch.

Or am I not making any sense? I might be reading your comment wrong. :/
Everyone is 100% town :D

It's not suspicious to say so. Do you still think he's suspicious for saying that?

I'm going to go read a game where omg is scum.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Arafax »

VOTE COUNT TIME

Adele: 2 (Ectomancer, omg_im_innocent_wtf)
omg_im_innocent_wtf: 2 (Riverwind, pablito)

Riverwind: 1 (scotmany)
Ectomancer: 1 (Patrick)
pablito: 1 (Kenji)
Kenji: 1 (Yamahoko)
HemisphereDancer : 1 (Jack)

The game continues...
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Patrick »

Adele wrote:So, I'm really not loving Kenji right now. He seems to be posting a lot of tosh.
Seems like a reasonable assessment.

Still cool with lynching Ectomancer. I would prefer that to an Adele lynch. Through gritted teeth I also prefer it to an OMG lynch. I think he's been quite illogical, and has said lots of things, some I agree with, many I don't agree with. I also don't like his survival stance thingy. I don't really get a scumvibe though. He's certainly not trying to avoid controversy or arguments. I will probably try and find a game with him as scum to read to tomorrow, too tired to do it now. I've skimmed two other games where he was town and it seems like he's always acting like this.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Unvote, Vote omg_im_innocent_wtf

I really like Adele's response. I don't really like omg's attitude - and it seems more confrontational than necessary. While I'm not 100% sure he's scum, I'm 100% sure I'd like him to be lynched over Adele at this juncture.

I still think that Kenji's the pay for today, if anyone backs me up on that I will gladly move my vote - but I don't like 2 people sitting at the same highest number incase the deadline hits.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:22 pm

oh my god....

jack - i havent ever been scum on this site.

unvote, vote pablito

you need to unvote me right now, im at risk of lynch here. take your vote off and ill take mine off you. its cool to joke sometimes but i could die... stop being so immature.

HD - you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever. lol. i am amused by it tho fwiw.
i swear im not mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”