Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: DragonsofSummer

I'm willing to roll with Yos' theory right now. (Quite the turn-around, eh?)

I'm a little disoriented since this game has been so sluggish as of late and there have been so many replacements. I'll try to get my bearings straight before too long.

King Dead Rikimaru:
I know that you seem to have a plan, and that you're trying to wait for everybody's Top 3 suspects, but your hesitance to move on with your plan is
SEVERELY
dragging the game down, in my opinion. I'd like to see you make an execution relatively soon. There is only so much that we can banter about when you're essentially doing
nothing
at all. Also, I still demand that you execute MoS.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Oh my goodness... so much information...

Here is what I have figured out so far. I am already at a disadvantage due to my predecessor... I will do my best over the future of my posts to remedy this. But as of right now I have chosen the three people I think it would be advantageous to eliminate are...

CTD- For the Reasons mentioned by CES in post 1293.

MoS- I can't figure out how someone who doesn't care whether they live or die and as such don't really care about the game will help the town at all, and Glork raised a few good points about him a few pages back.

LL- For reasons stated by various others throughout the thread.

So
Unvote:all Vote: CTD, MoS, and LL
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by Fritzler »

yea dead

go so i can be king
Surfs up dude.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by pablito »

Well, I think we're piling onto DragonsofSummer quickly. But I think it's a must for us.

Time for me to join in.
DragonsofSummer wrote:LL- For reasons stated by various others throughout the thread.
DOS, you realize that LL is guilty of proxying his votes and reasons to others and that's oner eason why he's being voted. Therefore if you're "proxying" the reasons for suspecting LL, it's a bit of a hypocritical move.
Sup, later.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Well the main reason I am just stating that is because it is 56 pages worth of stuff. But the main reason I am going off of is that he showed a support for Pooky till the lynch and I think that is pretty good evidence. There are many other small things that just made his name stand out to me but that was what got him on my top three list.
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:31 pm

EBWOP: Sorry not 56 pages, just thinking of the whole thread. He has been a part of the game since page 28. So still a good volume of information.
-Tyler Durden
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I think dead should pull the hammer now.. on pablito
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

@RafK, no, just no. Trust me when I say his comment was in jest all along. I know Yosarian2. Let it drop.

Dead Rikimaru, the game would mucho profit from a CTD-execution.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:11 am

Post by olio »

RafK, which of the Yosarian's posts you think he now tries to present as a joke? The one where he quotes CES?

CES, why are you vouching for Yosarian2? Why should that vouching be trusted?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by RafK »

olio: That one.

CES- no, I don't intend to trust you on that (and I'm interested to know why Glork is suddenly on Yos' side, because I trust Glork so far and I don't know why he changed his mind). If Yosarian was joking, why did he initially defend the remark as just being a minor part of his case? He only now changed to say it was a joke. It's the inconsistency that convinces me he's lying scum.

My standard town tactics are to start something and see the reactions. I started something on you and Yos. Yos' reactions have been of someone with something to hide, as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps he can fool people who expect him to joke around or something, but objectively- from an outsider's point of view- he's being inconsistent and has something to hide.

CES, do you deny there's an inconsistency between the way Yos initially defended his post and the way he's now defending it? Commit to a position on this :)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote:olio: That one.

CES- no, I don't intend to trust you on that (and I'm interested to know why Glork is suddenly on Yos' side, because I trust Glork so far and I don't know why he changed his mind). If Yosarian was joking, why did he initially defend the remark as just being a minor part of his case? He only now changed to say it was a joke. It's the inconsistency that convinces me he's lying scum.

My standard town tactics are to start something and see the reactions. I started something on you and Yos. Yos' reactions have been of someone with something to hide, as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps he can fool people who expect him to joke around or something, but objectively- from an outsider's point of view- he's being inconsistent and has something to hide.

CES, do you deny there's an inconsistency between the way Yos initially defended his post and the way he's now defending it? Commit to a position on this :)
Dude, everyone else understands it.

If I think someone's scum, and the rest of the town continues to ignore that person, I will keep bringing that person up as a lynch target whenever possible. Which I did in a somewhat silly manner. The comment was really intended to be a serious argument against him, I never presented it as such, and no one else took it as such. And no, there's no inconsistincy between my first response to your post, which was me pointing out that if you really thought that was the reason why I was attacking Phoebus you weren't paying any attention to the game (which you later actually admitted by asking where the attack on Phoebus was, when I've spent quite a few posts attacking him) and my later response which went into more details about the intent of my post.

By the way, you've been in this game for 3 weeks now. The fact that you apparnetly still haven't actually read the game worries me.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Heh...the sentance should say "the comment was really NEVER intended to be a serious attack against him". Which again should be obveous, but whatever.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I trust Yos and I will go along with his gut feelings.

unvote all: vote DragonsofSummer
- with apologies to the brave newcomer.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:34 pm

Toaster Strudel wrote:I trust Yos and I will go along with his gut feelings.

Well thank you for apologizing, and the way the role I'm taking over for has been played... I don't blame you at all for voting me. I am going to do my best to convince you guys that I am not scum for as long as the king will let me keep playing though.
-Tyler Durden
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by RafK »

Yosarian2 wrote:By the way, you've been in this game for 3 weeks now. The fact that you apparnetly still haven't actually read the game worries me.
I never said I didn't know you'd attacked Phoebus. Playing the man not the ball, by belittling my knowledge of the game and implying I'm dumb because "everyone else got it", appears to be your thing.

My impression of the attacks against Phoebus were that they were approximately identical to the attacks against MoS: both publically chose to adopt playstyles in this game which are unhelpful to the town. If there was a lot more to it, it was lost in the haze. 50 pages+ is a lot to absorb in one read-through, and I was more focussed on other people.

I didn't think it was too much to ask for you to summarise your arguments against the guy for the benefit of the legion of recent replacements, but apparently you'd rather keep people in the dark and not commit to a particular set of reasons or something like that.

There's a lot of pages in this game (especially for less than 3 days of play), and an army of replacements that necessitates re-reading with a list next to the monitor of who became who. For the townies in the game a long time who would like to keep activity going (I understand Yosarian2 does not fall into this category), try to be a little bit replacement friendly and summarise your arguments instead of just saying "re-read 50 pages and see what I said".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Glork wrote:
King Dead Rikimaru:
I know that you seem to have a plan, and that you're trying to wait for everybody's Top 3 suspects, but your hesitance to move on with your plan is
SEVERELY
dragging the game down, in my opinion. I'd like to see you make an execution relatively soon. There is only so much that we can banter about when you're essentially doing
nothing
at all. Also, I still demand that you execute MoS.
I apologize to the town for doing "nothing" recently, like Glork said. But I'm not doing this because I'm hesitating to move on with the plan.
My intention was to have a much closer participation, just like I managed to do on the first week of January, but when I thought of this strategy I never thought I could be King so early.
I planned this thinking of a late-game situation where I would have less players to take care and would only be playing this game (I am playing anther game atm).
Also, I can never predict when a week will be busy at my job, but two of my co-workers were fired and I'm doing alone the work of three.
It's been hard to keep up the way I expected.

Yes, I'm behind schedule.
I was really expecting to have another calm week soon, but since this doesn't seem to be close to happening I'm going to adapt my "calendar".
More info on this as soon as I get a response from Brian (tomorrow, I hope).

I just have to say that the most important here is not how fast I go, I think the list of execution will be the best part of the day.
I think you will all find it interesting.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote: I never said I didn't know you'd attacked Phoebus. Playing the man not the ball, by belittling my knowledge of the game and implying I'm dumb because "everyone else got it", appears to be your thing.
I wasn't trying to imply that you're dumb. I'm saying that you're either misreading my posts or misrepresenting my posts, by calling me a "liar" and saying I "contradicted myself". Perhaps you should consider which one.
I didn't think it was too much to ask for you to summarise your arguments against the guy for the benefit of the legion of recent replacements, but apparently you'd rather keep people in the dark and not commit to a particular set of reasons or something like that.
Um, I just DID summerise my arguments against phoebus. Last page, right after you asked me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In case you somehow missed that too:
Yosarian2 wrote:I've been suspicious of Phoebus since day 1. On day 1, he voted for every single bandwagon while giving absolutly no reason while not doing anything else to help the town. Early on day 2, he continued to be unhelpful while piling onto bad bandwagons for bad reasons (the bird wagon, which I tend to think was probably a scum driven wagon, and the bandwagon against me). Later in the day, he was around and posting, but basically all of his posts were attempts to make excuses for his lurking, promises to post later, and useless comments like "kill anyone, I don't care". He made 20 posts over the entire course of the game, and not one of them looks even vaugly pro-town, not one of them looks to me like an honest attempt to help the town find scum. And the fact that one of my other top suspects, MOS, defended him for much of the game just makes me more convinced that Phoebus should die.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

O.o

I almost feel like Dead Riki should put on a top hat, carnie clothes, while swirling around a cane. "Come one, come all! Come and see the Bearded Lady, the Hideous Ogre-Man, the 600-lb Blob from Knob, etc..." His posts almost seem to give off the impression that he is trying to make us wait in suspense for something magical. I haven't even decided if I think that is actually
scummy
or just unusual. Think I'll reserve judgment for when he actually posts his LoE and reasoning behind it.

I will say that I am losing my confidence in Mert/RafK being town. I have not agreed with a number of RafK's latest posts, nor the manner in which he has been poking at Yos2 (I still find Yos2's responses more than agreeable).
Toaster Strudel wrote:I trust Yos and I will go along with his gut feelings.

TS, what do you think of LuckayLuck's playstyle? I am curious.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

petroleumjelly wrote:His posts almost seem to give off the impression that he is trying to make us wait in suspense for something magical. I haven't even decided if I think that is actually
scummy
or just unusual.
You will soon have enough information to make your decision.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Glork »

Seriously. I'm getting
VERY
impatient. I like this game so far, but I find myself wanting
anything
to happen, and I'm getting very bored. So bored, I've started merely skimming other players' posts.

Also,
Unvote DragonsofSummer
... I still feel like I think Phoebus was town. I donno.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by RafK »

Thanks Yos.

Still think you were being inconsistent, in spite of the legion who have showed up to apparently disapprove of someone in this game trying to create something to talk about, but I'm happy enough with your last replies to let it go. There's nothing further to say on this thread anyhow.

Got to get around to that spectrumvoid day 2 soon.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Can't say I'm all too happy with our kings performances so far.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:29 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I got sick and I came back. Hello to the replacements... *goes to see if I promised to do anything*
Blank.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

RafK wrote:CES, do you deny there's an inconsistency between the way Yos initially defended his post and the way he's now defending it? Commit to a position on this Smile
Yes, I deny it.

Olio, I've seen newbie convince themselves of something in similar fashing and stick to such an argument which is flawed. I felt me making such a statement might open RafK's mind to more possibilities.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”