Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Oddly enough, Im both for and against Adele's "keep it even" plan.
I like the idea that with a few people on the ropes instead of 1 bandwagon you get more jockeying around and more actions to interpret. Advantage town.
However, one of the primary reasons Adele gave for supporting her idea was that we could react quickly to information. Well in my head, scum already has the advantage of information and can not only react quickly, but make an informed reaction to circumstances. Advantage scum.
Having thought it out though, I think this plan would benefit scum more than town.
So, to avoid a plan that seems to benefit scum more to me, and in the same stroke put a vote on the creator of that plan:

unvote Jack, Vote Adele
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Hmm, I still don't agree with Adele's plan. There tends to naturally be a split wagon, and if one person is way ahead it's because they are more suspicious. I see no reason to alter that.

Not convinced supporting that plan is scummy though so I'll
unvote

Vote:Ectomancer
I got a scummy vibe from that post. A lot of justification, but he mostly seems to be echoing what has been said before. The thing is, Adele has explained herself now and the scummy plan = scummy planner connection is much weaker.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:Hmm, I still don't agree with Adele's plan. There tends to naturally be a split wagon, and if one person is way ahead it's because they are more suspicious. I see no reason to alter that.

unvote

I got a scummy vibe from that post. A lot of justification, but he mostly seems to be echoing what has been said before. The thing is, Adele has explained herself now and the scummy plan = scummy planner connection is much weaker.
Yes the connection is much weaker. I guess I didnt relate the irony of the situation well enough to you. In order to create a front runner in the voting and oppose Adele's plan, I had to vote for the person with the most votes (but not too many). It happened to be Adele. Hence, my final statement.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

Jack wrote:Don't agree with Pablito's distrust of OMG's initial comment, in seems to be how he plays for the most part. The others who aren't commenting much I don't see as suspicious, just not prepared for a fast game.
mild FOS: Jack. i dont see how anyone could have any read on me whatsoever given what ive posted so far. the only people that know im pro-town rite now are scum.

please explain how that joke was 'just how i play'?
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:27 pm

also
unvote
vote riverwind

only one post so far, seems like he is trying to fly utr. lurking is either scummy or useless in this game.

(note: i could easily vote for a few players day 1 here, but this is just my best read rite now)

scum list:

Riverwind
Jack
Adele
i swear im not mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:20 am

Post by Patrick »

Adele wrote:In the - and I'll be honest here - interests of reducing the risk level that I'm at so if deadline falls in five minutes I don't get autolynched, unvote, vote: Jack. Sorry, Jack; it's not based on any particular suspicion of you, although I obviously trust you less than I trust me.
I think scum tend to do this more than town. I sincerely hope the deadline would not have fallen anytime yesterday. We wouldn't have much of a game if it did.

Yama still missing then. I hope he read the game description when he signed up. If you want something normal, any other game would have been better. I'm cool with a
Vote: Ectomancer
for now, as I didn't much like the justification for the vote.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:39 am

Post by Yamahako »

I'm here, didn't know the game started today - gimmie a sec to read and I'll catch up. I will be posting as much as the rest of you soon :-)
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:45 am

Post by Yamahako »

Vote Adele
. The plan benefits scum most of all, they can watch the votes stack up and be on the good side of the random pick when the deadline hits. Someone can come up with a crap reason to jump off a buddies wagon too because a person looks like town. I don't like it - I don't see how, given the more random nature of this game, putting us in a situation where we can garner very little information on who is actually lynched (and who was part of the lynch) seems like a bad idea(tm).

I could be wrong, but other than "reacting to information quickly", which someone else pointed out is easier for scum to do, I don't see how it possibly benefits the town. I agree however, pushing bandwagons isn't the way to go specifically, but there's tons to work with already - so I don't think we are going to be dealing with randomness too much longer.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Patrick »

Yamahako wrote:Someone can come up with a crap reason to jump off a buddies wagon too because a person looks like town.
Can you explain this a bit more? If scum are forced to come up with crap reasons to switch their votes, doesn't that give us information to work with?
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:36 am

Patrick wrote:
Adele wrote:In the - and I'll be honest here - interests of reducing the risk level that I'm at so if deadline falls in five minutes I don't get autolynched, unvote, vote: Jack. Sorry, Jack; it's not based on any particular suspicion of you, although I obviously trust you less than I trust me.
I think scum tend to do this more than town. I sincerely hope the deadline would not have fallen anytime yesterday. We wouldn't have much of a game if it did.
this is so insanely wrong its not even funny.

lynch can come at ANY time.

if i am on 3 votes and someone else is on 3 votes i am auto-changing my vote to them. why? because i know i am town therefore by saving myself i am saving a townie.

the fact that you dont have this mindset already makes me suspicious of you patrick; particularly when you are using this fuzzy logic to push the wagon of someone who is a likely lynch candidate for today.
i swear im not mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Patrick »

OMG wrote:this is so insanely wrong its not even funny.

if i am on 3 votes and someone else is on 3 votes i am auto-changing my vote to them. why? because i know i am town therefore by saving myself i am saving a townie.

the fact that you dont have this mindset already makes me suspicious of you patrick; particularly when you are using this fuzzy logic to push the wagon of someone who is a likely lynch candidate for today.
I say it because I've only seem scum do it. I'm sure townies have done it too, but it's an argument I've seen from and even used myself as scum. I also remember one of the scumbags from the last game doing that exact same thing. Lynch can in theory come at any time, but after what less than 2 days? No. I would be seriously annoyed with any mod who gave us that fast a deadline. That would be completely stupid.

The fact that you're saying I'm 'pushing the wagon of a likely lynch candidate for today' is wrong; I'm voting for Estomancer, not bandwagoning against Adele. Being suspicious of me for not having the mindset you describe is also ridiculous - scum would certainly have survival at the forefront of there minds.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:47 am

Post by pablito »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: mild FOS: Jack. i dont see how anyone could have any read on me whatsoever given
what ive posted so far
. the only people that know im pro-town rite now are scum.

wrote:also unvote, vote riverwind

only one post so far,
seems like he is trying to fly utr. lurking is either scummy or useless in this game.

(note: i could easily vote for a few players day 1 here, but this is just my best read rite now)
"Judge not lest ye be judged?" said the holy talking tea leaves.

FOS: omg
I still have yet to see a pro-town post from omg.

I also don't like omg's latest assessment of things. Interesting how both omg and Adele have said that they'd last-minute vote someone else rather than keeping a tie. When Adele said/did it, it felt like it was what she truly believed because of the whole plan she suggested (whether she's scum or town), but when omg says it, I feel that it's coming from a selfish standpoint. And sometimes being selfish is a scum-tell. Right now omg and Adele are my top 2.
Sup, later.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:48 am

patrick:

1) whether or not scum would vote to survive is completely irrelevant as to whether pro-town would. the point im making is that both parties would make the exact same play so nothing can be drawn from it. you refuted none of my argument whatsoever.

2) of course you wouldnt jump on. that would be stupid and would expose you as scum if adele ends up getting lynched as pro-town. if you were scum, a much better play would be to drop a line accusing her without actually putting the vote on, hopefully getting her lynched by others falling for your shoddy logic and leaving you in the clear. i mean my god do you honestly think that all scum work on the first level? if they did this game would be too easy. what is even going through your head when you make a comment like that? how is that a defense??

pre-emptive - DONT take apart the above paragraph if you dont understand the point im making.

also retal
fos: pablito
for making the stupidest fos ive ever seen in my entire life
i swear im not mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Jack »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
Jack wrote:Don't agree with Pablito's distrust of OMG's initial comment, in seems to be how he plays for the most part. The others who aren't commenting much I don't see as suspicious, just not prepared for a fast game.
mild FOS: Jack. i dont see how anyone could have any read on me whatsoever given what ive posted so far. the only people that know im pro-town rite now are scum.

I don't have any read on you, that's the point. I didn't find the one post scummy and mentioned it.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Jack »

Ectomancer wrote:
Jack wrote:Hmm, I still don't agree with Adele's plan. There tends to naturally be a split wagon, and if one person is way ahead it's because they are more suspicious. I see no reason to alter that.

unvote

Yes the connection is much weaker. I guess I didnt relate the irony of the situation well enough to you. In order to create a front runner in the voting and oppose Adele's plan, I had to vote for the person with the most votes (but not too many). It happened to be Adele. Hence, my final statement.
Why did you want to arbitrarily create a front runner? That has the same problems as Adele's plan. Scum can vote for someone who's tied with their partner with part of the justification being "we need a front runner".
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Patrick »

OMG wrote:1) whether or not scum would vote to survive is completely irrelevant as to whether pro-town would. the point im making is that both parties would make the exact same play so nothing can be drawn from it. you refuted none of my argument whatsoever.
My point is I don't think both parties would not necessarily act the same. But in any case, you tried to throw suspicion on me because I don't have the same mindset as you. Now you're saying that you think scum and town would act the same way. So how the hell could it have made you suspicious of me?
OMG wrote:2) of course you wouldnt jump on. that would be stupid and would expose you as scum if adele ends up getting lynched as pro-town. if you were scum, a much better play would be to drop a line accusing her without actually putting the vote on, hopefully getting her lynched by others falling for your shoddy logic and leaving you in the clear. i mean my god do you honestly think that all scum work on the first level? if they did this game would be too easy. what is even going through your head when you make a comment like that? how is that a defense??
You're making the assumption that scum won't add a vote onto a voteleader because it would seem too obvious. Scum act in a variety of different ways. You are making a WIFOM argument. Some scum might pile on. Some might subtly try to push a wagon. Some might stay out of the way. Some might defend an innocent and try and make a friend.

I pointed out my observation because I think in a game like this we shouldn't be keeping things to ourselves. I don't think it's a very strong thing at all - I certainly wouldn't try to push for a lynch based on that only.
OMG wrote:pre-emptive - DONT take apart the above paragraph if you dont understand the point im making.
This is priceless. You think you're awesome right? :lol:

Your FoS on pablito is strange too. I can't decide whether it's scummy or just being childish or what.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Jack »

Patrick wrote:
OMG wrote:this is so insanely wrong its not even funny.

I say it because I've only seem scum do it. I'm sure townies have done it too, but it's an argument I've seen from and even used myself as scum. I also remember one of the scumbags from the last game doing that exact same thing. Lynch can in theory come at any time, but after what less than 2 days? No. I would be seriously annoyed with any mod who gave us that fast a deadline. That would be completely stupid.

The fact that you're saying I'm 'pushing the wagon of a likely lynch candidate for today' is wrong; I'm voting for Estomancer, not bandwagoning against Adele. Being suspicious of me for not having the mindset you describe is also ridiculous - scum would certainly have survival at the forefront of there minds.
Hmm, how short were the days in the last 100 mph game? Unless they were 2 days that could be scummy. I would unvote and vote for the other person if I felt a risk of deadline (unless I was sure they were town).
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Patrick »

I checked back. First day was about 3 days and 2 hours long. Pretty urgent. I remember day 2 being longer. After that I was dead.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Adele »

unvote
because I have no idea where the votecount's at.

So people seem to be split between thinking my idea's appalling and thinking that it's only slightly lame; does anyone have any other ideas? Besides trying to play tight, and each of us voting the person we most suspect at any given time, how can we balance this game back towards the town?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Jack »

I'm usually voting the person I most suspect, unless the other people think he's innocent and are voting my 2nd suspect. I think we just do that and talk a lot more. Don't see a need for a special strategy.

Adele I believe you're in the lead with 4 to a couple other peoples 2.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:41 am

Post by pablito »

OMG, I posted the sequence in my last post because in it you attack Jack for trying to make a pro-town read on you because only scum would say you're pro-town and you thought Jack was trying to put a read on your one or two posts. Then in your next post you try to make a read on Riverwind off of his one post. That's doing exactly what you thought Jack was doing (which he wasn't). So I called you a hypocrite for it.

Then I point out that the situation you explained was selfish at most (there's an obvious assumption I'm making here which I do not want to say), and you say that I'm making the worst FOS ever. I don't even know which parts of it you find proposterous, you just make a general statement. I can just say then that you made the worst retaliatory FOS ever and you get a
HOS
for that. To me though, it just seems more like your style and I don't see the opportunism in what you're doing.

Now, something else:
Jack wrote:Why did you want to arbitrarily create a front runner? That has the same problems as Adele's plan. Scum can vote for someone who's tied with their partner with part of the justification being "we need a front runner".
They call that "electability". Ectomancer saw Adele's "electability" and wanted to put her into the final running. I call Ectomancer as being "opportunistic". Ectomancer's in my shortlist now.

As for any planning - I think things should just happen naturally. I agree that planning
could
help the town, but I think that even if we do this, the mafia will be able to figure a way around this or would just rather let his partner get lynched instead out of fear of being caught. Either pessimistic scenario is going to make things worse than if we just let votes be votes. 100 mph role-setup was balanced toward the town, and unless the mod changed things significantly, I would have to say that we're probably in a decent situation, so I see no need to balance the game back toward the town. Then again, I haven't read 100 mph in its entirety, so I don't know how things could/should go.
Sup, later.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:05 am

jack - im not buying that. you said that it 'fitted my play' and now you are brushing it off.

pablito - man... you think a
HOS
is bad, i
ZOS
you!!

i
ZOS
you so hard you wish you neva been zossed!!

your ridiculous. your fos was ridiculous. the statements you made were ridiculous.

im not being a hypocrite. not every "one post" is the same. wtf are you even talking about

in fact screw the zos and the hos.... i
ULTIMATE-OS
you!!
i swear im not mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Jack »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:jack - im not buying that. you said that it 'fitted my play' and now you are brushing it off.
Just because I say one comment fits someone's play doesn't mean I have a read on them.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 am

whether or not scum would vote to survive is completely irrelevant as to whether pro-town would. the point im making is that both parties would make the exact same play so nothing can be drawn from it. you refuted none of my argument whatsoever.
My point is I don't think both parties would not necessarily act the same. But in any case, you tried to throw suspicion on me because I don't have the same mindset as you. Now you're saying that you think scum and town would act the same way. So how the hell could it have made you suspicious of me?
you misunderstand. both parties would act the same in VOTING TO SURVIVE as adele did. im not making a general statement for the whole game. you have still failed to respond.

why would townies not vote to survive as adele did?

please answer that. you had no reason to infer suspicion from her post and imo you know that. tbh it sounds more like you are being stubborn and cant accept your mistake than a scum trying to get out of it... but either way it should be known that your point is wrong
of course you wouldnt jump on. that would be stupid and would expose you as scum if adele ends up getting lynched as pro-town. if you were scum, a much better play would be to drop a line accusing her without actually putting the vote on, hopefully getting her lynched by others falling for your shoddy logic and leaving you in the clear. i mean my god do you honestly think that all scum work on the first level? if they did this game would be too easy. what is even going through your head when you make a comment like that? how is that a defense??
You're making the assumption that scum won't add a vote onto a voteleader because it would seem too obvious. Scum act in a variety of different ways. You are making a WIFOM argument. Some scum might pile on. Some might subtly try to push a wagon. Some might stay out of the way. Some might defend an innocent and try and make a friend.
yes. a variety of different ways. and imo smart scum would act in the way i described in the above quote, which is why i found it scummy.
I pointed out my observation because I think in a game like this we shouldn't be keeping things to ourselves. I don't think it's a very strong thing at all - I certainly wouldn't try to push for a lynch based on that only.
general point taken. i agree.
pre-emptive - DONT take apart the above paragraph if you dont understand the point im making.
This is priceless. You think you're awesome right? :lol:

Your FoS on pablito is strange too. I can't decide whether it's scummy or just being childish or what.
my recent post should fix that up. and i dont think im that awesome at this game.... but i think im quite a few levels up from the majority of people on this particular site. i pre-empt things like that because i know that so many players here will go.... 'i dont understand... he must be scummy' and we go off on ridiculous tangents
i swear im not mafia
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Kenji »

unvote, vote pablito
for that mass of text on page 2, it screamed "I'm being helpful, don't lynch me" to me... aka a scum tell.

Also, where did I say I couldn't keep pace with a fast game? I can spam it up with the rest of you.

Adele, your plan is rubbish. If we are going to keep votes on anything let's make it No lynch, we don't want accidents happening. If you don't someone lynched put your vote on no lynch basically.
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”