pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by pablito »

olio wrote: MO as Modus Operandi?
Yeah, that, or else his Mandibular Ossicles.

And RafK, what do you think about LL and my arguments against you?
Sup, later.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by RafK »

Yosarian2 wrote:
RafK wrote: But that's not the reasoning you were using there to get him executed.
:roll:

If you'd been paying any attention to this game, you would have known that the fact that he was going to have to be replaced was the least of the reasons I wanted him executed.
I hear the sound of backpedalling. Whatever the validity or otherwise of your other arguments, you posted there to try to get Rikimaru to execute Phoebus on the basis that Phoebus needs to be replaced anyway, and now you're running a mile from standing behind that.

If you wanted him lynched only on the basis of the other arguments, then whatever, but you opened up a new line of attack, and one with which I don't agree at all because it involves killing someone before a replacement can get in to talk or defend himself. And now you're just trying to point to your other arguments and distance yourself from the fact that you also tried this one on for size.

I still don't know exactly why Glork etc want you dead from before, but personally I'm adequately persuaded now just by this little exchange.

I still want to get around to doing day 2 of spectrumvoid, though (yes, I saw your response to day 1 SV, I just haven't got around to dealing with you yet).
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by RafK »

pablito wrote: And RafK, what do you think about LL and my arguments against you?
1) It's your argument. LL proxied his opinion to you. But I appreciate you want to sound big.

2) It was against Mert, not me.

3) I already said you're entitled to hold Mert's behaviour against me, but that I have no way of knowing what Mert thought or why he did or said anything. This is an unfortunate problem with replacements, as I'm sure you're aware.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by pablito »

Well I did address some questions to you, and that by you answering those questions, I could get a better read on where you are.
Sup, later.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by mnowax »

ive asked brian if he wants me as a replacement. i will start reading the 56(!!) pages now, and if i dont replace, i jave a couple of years wasted off my life. no biggie.:P
Sure one more time for fun.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I am reading the thread. So far, I think MoS and PJ are town.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:48 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

How far had you read when making that post, TS?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: I figured an intelligent protown player would realize this and go along.
Heh...so, you thought the pro-town players would all understand what you were trying to say, but that the scum would be dumb enough to just go along with it and follow your advice about who they should kill?
Point taken. I didn't think of that :P
Permanent V/LA.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 am

petroleumjelly wrote:How far had you read when making that post, TS?
To be perfectly honest, I've been reading the game backwards. I am on page 49.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 am

petroleumjelly wrote:*snip*

I'll have to review your analysis posts later.
Oh good. At least I got someone to read them. I wouldn't have wanted to go through all that effort just to have nobody read them.
Permanent V/LA.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:46 am

Do you disagree with my conclusion? Answer quickly, don't think about it!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:46 am

It shouldn't matter. My alignment hasn't changed yet this game :D
Permanent V/LA.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

But that silly post of yours gave it away...
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:08 am

LoL. You act as if I've only made one silly post this game :)

I find it hard to believe that such an intelligent person as yourself fails to realize the significance of my actions so far this game. I would explain further, but coming from me it would just be called WIFOM, so I won't bother.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
RafK wrote: But that's not the reasoning you were using there to get him executed.
:roll:

If you'd been paying any attention to this game, you would have known that the fact that he was going to have to be replaced was the least of the reasons I wanted him executed.
I hear the sound of backpedalling. Whatever the validity or otherwise of your other arguments, you posted there to try to get Rikimaru to execute Phoebus on the basis that Phoebus needs to be replaced anyway, and now you're running a mile from standing behind that.
No, I was just observing that it would save the mod some trouble if we went ahead and killed phoebus, which is not at all the same thing as saying "let's kill Phoebus for lurking". The fact that you're trying to pretend that was supposed to be some kind of serious and independent argument for lynching phoebus is really making me wonder about you.

Now, of course I don't have any NEW arguments to bring up against Phoebus, because he hasn't posted, but that certanly dosn't make him any LESS scummy. I still think he's quite likely to be scum. I have no idea why he wasn't executed days ago, but he still needs to die, and I don't really care if that happens before or after he's replaced. I assumed everyone would understand that that post was a humerous way of me not allowing my constant and ongoing suspicion of him to be forgotten, especally as some people (cough Glork cough) seem to assume that if you don't mention someone for a little while you're no longer suspicious of them.

The fact that you're now trying to make a huge deal out of this is making me suspicious of you, as it's often scum who I see trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and espeaclly as you are apparently trying to make a federal case out of a couple of humerous posts in order to defend Phoebus and/or CTD.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

MoS wrote:I find it hard to believe that such an intelligent person as yourself fails to realize the significance of my actions so far this game. I would explain further, but coming from me it would just be called WIFOM, so I won't bother.
FoS: MoS
for buddying up.

I think it's time for a
vote: MoS
now.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by RafK »

Yosarian2 wrote: No, I was just observing that it would save the mod some trouble if we went ahead and killed phoebus, which is not at all the same thing as saying "let's kill Phoebus for lurking".
I think the implication was clear, but the posts are there and it's up to everyone else to decide whether they agree with you that you were just observing and being humerous or whether they agree with me that you were trying to use the replacement situation to add to the pressure on the King to execute Phoebus.

The fact that you're trying to pretend that was supposed to be some kind of serious and independent argument for lynching phoebus is really making me wonder about you.
Perhaps you do this all the time and expect it to be taken for a joke, but it didn't look like a joke to me. It looks like you're trying to pass it off as a joke after the fact.
I assumed everyone would understand that that post was a humerous way of me not allowing my constant and ongoing suspicion of him to be forgotten
I apologize for my apparently lousy sense of humour. Or possibly for yours.
The fact that you're now trying to make a huge deal out of this is making me suspicious of you, as it's often scum who I see trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and espeaclly as you are apparently trying to make a federal case out of a couple of humerous posts in order to defend Phoebus and/or CTD.
I have no brief for either of them. I'm quite happy to look at a real case on Phoebus (I have asked for a case, linkages to said case would do me- this thread is sodding enormous, you know?, and no-one's pointed me in the right direction yet). I'm running based on my initial skim-read, my re-read of day 1, and my reading along of this game since I first signed up to replace about 5 weeks ago or whenever it was.

Molehill or not, the tactic tried by both you and CES there smellsed enough for me to launch an attack and get some reactions so I can get my own reads on people. Your reaction of backpedalling and now passing it off as a joke and OMGUS counterattacking has smelled even more than the initial post.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote:I think the implication was clear, but the posts are there and it's up to everyone else to decide whether they agree with you that you were just observing and being humerous or whether they agree with me that you were trying to use the replacement situation to add to the pressure on the King to execute Phoebus.
Well, yeah, along with being funny, I was trying to increase the pressure to lynch Phoebus/increase the attention on Phoebus/ect, because I think Phoebus is scum. Which I've thought since day 1.

Perhaps you do this all the time and expect it to be taken for a joke, but it didn't look like a joke to me. It looks like you're trying to pass it off as a joke after the fact.
So...you really expect us to believe that you thought "hay, if we lynch Phoebus, that's one less lurker the mod's gotta replace!" was supposed to be a serious, rational argument on my part that Phoebus should be lynched?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I've been suspicious of Phoebus since day 1. On day 1, he voted for every single bandwagon while giving absolutly no reason while not doing anything else to help the town. Early on day 2, he continued to be unhelpful while piling onto bad bandwagons for bad reasons (the bird wagon, which I tend to think was probably a scum driven wagon, and the bandwagon against me). Later in the day, he was around and posting, but basically all of his posts were attempts to make excuses for his lurking, promises to post later, and useless comments like "kill anyone, I don't care". He made 20 posts over the entire course of the game, and not one of them looks even vaugly pro-town, not one of them looks to me like an honest attempt to help the town find scum. And the fact that one of my other top suspects, MOS, defended him for much of the game just makes me more convinced that Phoebus should die.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

DragonsofSummer
steps in for Phoebus. Welcome aboard!
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Glork »

Excellent.

Now let's execute MoS. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Hi everybody. I'm working my way through the pages slowly but surely... I'm on about 38 right now. But I will post something more substantial as soon as I'm caught up.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by RafK »

Yosarian2 wrote:So...you really expect us to believe that you thought "hay, if we lynch Phoebus, that's one less lurker the mod's gotta replace!" was supposed to be a serious, rational argument on my part that Phoebus should be lynched?
Perhaps I wouldn't have if you'd phrased it in that over-the-top way. However, in the circumstances, yes I did.

It wouldn't be the first time I saw scum trying to capitalize on a slow, dragging day and potential impatient townie reactions.

You didn't run the "it was a funny!" line to start with, either. Even in your second response post, you still just said:
Yosarian2 wrote:If you'd been paying any attention to this game, you would have known that the fact that he was going to have to be replaced was the least of the reasons I wanted him executed.
Not "it wasn't a real reason I wanted him executed, I was joking". You were just trying to play it down. It hadn't occurred to you yet to try and pass it off as a joke.

Which means you're making this stuff up.

Which means you're a liar, and we have this thing we do to liars in mafia.

unvote all. CONFIRM VOTE YOSARIAN2
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:45 pm

I don't think Yos is making stuff up, I think his post made sense.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote Yos
... I'm starting to like him more and more. I'm going to go back and review the "lynch Yos, not Pooky" people and see if I decide one of them is scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”