Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Patrick »

Kenji wrote:So this isn't a normal normal then?
It's not a normal mini. It requires hyper activity.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Riverwind23
Riverwind23
Goon
Riverwind23
Goon
Goon
Location: Yeah it was a tragedy! Could you repeat the question?

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Riverwind23 »

I'm good at being hyper!
vote:pablito
for no reason whatsoever
never survied a game! weee :P
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:18 am

Post by pablito »

everyone on! It'll be fun!
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Jack »

Ectomancer wrote:
vote Jack:
Because I dont know Jack
haha, I like the double meaning there.
Well, if several people have a few votes, we can react more effectively to new information than if only one person has a few. I guess I'm taking the verbose attitude to this: there should be about 3-ish "nominated" (ie at high risk) individuals so that we can react to info quickly (I mean, what if the cop claims half an hour before the deadline?) but the scum can't string up one individual suddenly without it being highly noticable.
Hmm I see. If we keep a couple people tied, at deadline one will be chosen randomly. If we have a scum on there the other scum will have to decide whether to try and get their guy off at the risk of looking suspicious. Sounds good.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by pablito »

Okay, so now that the urgency of the game has been instilled into my head, I'm going to post an analysis on all the players that have posted so far. We can't bother with random votes and we can't just spread out the field right now. We have to comment with passion and emphasis.

So I'll go by through every post (yes, already!) and comment on it. If all else fails, at least we'll have some discussion to start with. I will make reaching statements and pull excessive interpretation out of what exists.

Patrick's vote on me was expected. He told me he was going to.

Now my vote on myself was intentionally eyebrow-raising. I'm going to pull together the reactions now. You'll see that it might be more interesting than if we just all random-voted into oblivion.

scotmany12's next post seems justified. He of course bothered to comment, but it was just a little and it looked genuine. Then again, this is a good comment to make only to then fall back into the background.

Patrick lied about it being a random vote, but I don't think we can pull too much out of his comment.

I unvote. Interestingly, no one's bothered to pick that up. What matters to people on their first read is that there's a wagon on me, and they want to join. Boo.

Jack then votes me. Seems reasonable.

omg has something I find awkward.
why am i so tempted to vote pablito....
He says something while not taking action or talking about anything else. omg could be easily setting up a situation where he will vote me later on if he wants to. He's setting up suspicion on me, or at least an easy vote on me. But he does nothing else about it nor comments on anything else. By this point in the game, there's gotta be more to comment on than just voting me. Choosing not to comment on anything else is too convenient. omg could have done more than just that.

Jack talks about self-hammering. Good comment so far.

Patrick puts us back into shape. Very good post. He's super-town with me.

Jack's next vote is questionable. He picks an easy target. But his subsequent unvote seems legitimate.

Adele's post is interesting. She tries to move away the "vote pablito" argument and then she moves into evening out the field. However, that's nothing more than really "random voting". Because in order to even out the field, we'd have to systematically place votes on people. And so far, who she voted for was nothing more than an arbitrary/random vote. I think we have to vote for people for some reason other than arbitrariness.

I think omg's subsequent vote is better, but I wish Adele had OMGUS voted. This is what we gotta do to even out the field, if we even bother to keep with that strategy. I don't see why Adele had to bother keep her vote on Shamrock unless it was a vote to encourage posting.

I really don't like Adele's plan to the verbose game. For one, verbose had longer deadlines plus had a separate stage for nominations. We can't afford that opportunity right now. We have to attack even if it means we're acting on gut. We don't have the time to discuss, especially when not everyone is extremely active on this roster. For a 101 mph game, I would've hoped that everyone would've checked within 12 hrs of the thread opening. We only had about 5 people. And in order to react to 4-day deadlines or even lesser, we need to be checking into this game repetitively and make significant posts, not one-liners.

In response to Adele's verbose suggestion, I think that's something that we could do
later
but in D1, we have nothing to go on. Later in the game, we'll naturally have three nominees, but that's just because we'll know who our main suspects are. Right now, we have very very little.

vote: Adele
for suggesting a plan that takes too much time.

If the scum string someone up last second very quickly, then they're going to do it and it sucks, but it's information we can read later. And if the cop is going to wait a long time before claiming, it's his fault for not claiming earlier. I think if a power role is climbing in suspicion and is getting votes, they have to know that claiming earlier is more beneficial than claiming later (if they're are going to claim at all, that is) because we don't know the deadline ever. We can guess that one may happen any minute, but in reality, we shouldn't outguess the mod. We should expect that every moment is the possible deadline.

Kenji, if you can't participate in a super-super-super-fast game, it's going to hurt us. Please let us know now if this is something you can't do.

Ectomancer's here! Eh, stupid vote, but at least he's voting and not jumping in with a one-liner and then leaving.

Riverwind23 gets a
FOS
as well (since I'm already voting) because voting me is already passe, and it smells more like an opportunist vote. Riverwind has decided to not comment on anything else, but talks about voting me only. Again, I'm talking about how people are choosing to comment on voting me when there's already something else to talk about.

And finally Jack's last post, I like his reaction to the vote. Not good with him agreeing with Adele. Maybe I'm just being realistic, but it's very tough to organize votes like this. And it's not very organic. Plus in a game like this, moods and suspicions will change quickly. While idealistically, it will help us out a lot so that scum may have to show their hand slightly before "impending lynch time", I'm pessimistic in its execution. Put me in the "not enthused, but willing to participate with that plan" pile.

And Hemisphere Dancer, Yamahako and Shamrock are lurking scum :p
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Jack »

I think I do see a problem with Adele's plan now. It's much too easy for scum to vote townies "to even it up" without giving too much reason.

I've played a bunch of 24-hour day games, and you really do have to post like mad to get anything done.

I'll
Vote:Adele
on the basis that her plan could be helpful to scum.

Don't agree with Pablito's distrust of OMG's initial comment, in seems to be how he plays for the most part. The others who aren't commenting much I don't see as suspicious, just not prepared for a fast game.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count Baby!

Adele - 3 (omg_im_innocent_wtf, Pablito, & Jack)
Pablito - 2 (Patrick & Riverwind)
Shamrock - 1 (Adele)
Jack - 1 (Ectomancer)

And the game moves on......

If you see anything wrong with the VC, let me know.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Adele wrote:I have no inclination one way or the other. To balance the field out, I'm gonna start with an arb vote.
Vote: Shamrock
This post constitutes EPIC FAIL.

Vote: Adele
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Oh wait, Adele has 3 votes already. I'll take mine off since it's basically random.

Unvote; Vote Pablito
for critting me with a WALL OF TEXT on page 2.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Shamrock »

TRIPLE POST TIEM
Adele wrote:Well, if several people have a few votes, we can react more effectively to new information than if only one person has a few. I guess I'm taking the verbose attitude to this: there should be about 3-ish "nominated" (ie at high risk) individuals so that we can react to info quickly (I mean, what if the cop claims half an hour before the deadline?) but the scum can't string up one individual suddenly without it being highly noticable.
What would be the point of this? Wouldn't people who are acting suspiciously be voted for quickly anyway? I don't see much point to tying ourselves down in this manner; wouldn't it be BETTER to keep our options as open as possible when we need to be able to change our votes quickly in such a fast-paced game?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by Patrick »

I remember 100 mph where Brutal Assassin made a suggestion that we keep a certain number of votes on no lynch at all times, as well as having our suspects up there. I can't really remember his reasons, but the plan was shot down. He was pro town though, if it's relevant.

I'm not thrilled with the suggested plan, for mostly reasons already given by the other two guys. I don't know how scummy it is to suggest it though. One thing I am wary of is getting into a long debate about the pros and cons of a certain plan. That kind of thing lost the game for the town last time round, because the town spent too long arguing about the merits of no lynching, spreading votes out etc. and not enough time talking about actual suspects.

Pablito is more likely pro town than not due to his last post, which shows some urgency to get things moving.
After Preview:
Unvote, Vote: Shamrock
who voted pablito for doing something I consider a pro town action.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by Shamrock »

I'm not seriously criticizing Pablito; I certainly appreciate the analysis! I just found the wall of text on page 2 amusing.

He does have a point though that we really can't bother with random votes, so I'll go ahead and
Unvote
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by pablito »

Of interest, I could move my vote to Jack and it would give us a three-way tie, which was one of the goals of the "nomination" plan right?

Yeah, I'm not going to do it, but just wanted to note that I could if I want to.
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Jack »

4-way!

Of course then I could move my vote to you or shamrock. Not sure what the point of pointing that out is.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Jack, your avatar wins at life.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Jack »

:D
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Hemisphere Dancer »

Hey! Lurking, yes. Scum, no comment. Too early for a claim, yanno?

Anyway, I'm watching right now and I'm not coming up with much. I figure the whole thing with the keeping a few people with equal votes is better than bandwagoning one person, so
vote:Jack
. I'm a little loopy right now- got a cold- so I'm not sure if the counting is right, because I'm just going off what Pablito said.
Shameless fangirl and full-blooded Parrothead (in training)

~Call me Kitty. It's better than Bob.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Hemisphere Dancer wrote:Hey! Lurking, yes. Scum, no comment. Too early for a claim, yanno?

Anyway, I'm watching right now and I'm not coming up with much. I figure the whole thing with the keeping a few people with equal votes is better than bandwagoning one person, so
vote:Jack
. I'm a little loopy right now- got a cold- so I'm not sure if the counting is right, because I'm just going off what Pablito said.
It would be a tie if Pablito unvoted and voted for Jack (since there are 3 votes on Adele right now and he's one of them, him unvoting would bring it to 2 with the others).
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I'm not sure on who to vote yet. Right now, the only person I see that might be a little suspicous is Adele, but I think she had the town in mind. I'm also a little concerned with Shamrock's vote for Pablito, even though he did take it off. I'm undecided right now. I'm not that good at analyzing so I'm going to wait and see what turns up.

Also, I am able to be on everyday, but on weekdays I cannot get on till after 3:00 pm most of the time due to school. I hope that that isn't a problem.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by Adele »

I put that really badly. I'm not saying that we should pick 3 people, put them at risk of lynch and let it play out from there; I suggesting we vote with that intention but let it develop more organically. If you know what I mean... like, the situation we have at the moment, of two people in the "danger zone", nosing ahead and falling back as popular opinion changes, would be pretty good if not for the fact that I'm one of the two :P.

I'm just trying to think what we can do to make this game play out differently than 100mph did; it seems to me that this mechanic favours the scum by making the lynch more random, and I thought this would at very least narrow the field. I dunno. Does anyone else have any particular ideas?

SV, I'm not a huge fan of OMGUS voting; it's a part of my maintaining the delusion that I'm not a petty person, and there's no real logic behind OMGUS votes. I made an OMGUS pun, though; does that count for anything?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Patrick »

Adele wrote:I'm just trying to think what we can do to make this game play out differently than 100mph did; it seems to me that this mechanic favours the scum by making the lynch more random, and I thought this would at very least narrow the field. I dunno. Does anyone else have any particular ideas?
The speed mechanic is very good for the scum. Last time it was balanced by having a very town friendly setup (2 mafia v 1 cop, 1 doc, 1 roleblocker, 7 townies). I haven't thought of any real improvements yet other than not spending the whole of day 1 debating the merits of no lynching :oops: I suppose we have to be more nitpicky than normal and more decisive.

Adele wrote:SV, I'm not a huge fan of OMGUS voting; it's a part of my maintaining the delusion that I'm not a petty person, and there's no real logic behind OMGUS votes. I made an OMGUS pun, though; does that count for anything?
Welcome to one of the few games that does not contain SV :P
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by pablito »

You never know, SV might be watching the game and ready to replace in.

You know, since, Yamahako hasn't arrived yet.

And to continue with my analyze every single post run...I'll take scotmany's last post. Interesting that scotmany said "I'm not sure on who to vote yet." While it's important to make the vote count - it's not compulsory to vote. I'll chalk it up to being new, but just an interesting possible tell. But I do like scotmany's choice to not vote during that post. That means it's likely towniness coming through.
Sup, later.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count Time

Adele - 3 (omg_im_innocent_wtf, Pablito, & Jack)
Shamrock - 2 (Adele & Patrick)
Jack - 2 (Ectomancer & HemisphereDancer)
Pablito - 1 (Riverwind)

The game continues.....For now...

Yamahoko has been prodded
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Adele »

Patrick wrote:
Adele wrote:SV, I'm not a huge fan of OMGUS voting; it's a part of my maintaining the delusion that I'm not a petty person, and there's no real logic behind OMGUS votes. I made an OMGUS pun, though; does that count for anything?
Welcome to one of the few games that does not contain SV :P
ROFL. I guess I meant pablito.

In the - and I'll be honest here - interests of reducing the risk level that I'm at so if deadline falls in five minutes I don't get autolynched,
unvote, vote: Jack
. Sorry, Jack; it's not based on any particular suspicion of you, although I obviously trust you less than I trust me.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by pablito »

Holy talking tea leaves! I'm not a female and I don't live in Singapore. So I don't get the reference.

Anyway. Well at least Adele is being consistent with her plan of keeping people tied. As if that's going to make me remove my vote until I find a better home for my vote. Because that would really grey the cutting board too much.

Yay! I'm glad that we made it out of the random voting stage very early on.
Sup, later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”