GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Her d1 play is terrible and her push on MS is terrible.
I had her as weak scumread.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

One: I'm a guy.
Two: Posting like this is not a scumtell, it's just a way to do shit.
Three: @bro Yes, MS is scum is scum is scum and given the strength of that read I see no reason in hell not to act upon it before giving the scum a perfect roadmap of night kills.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Four: Spinach was voting nacho yesterday and didn't get much done. I, not someone wholly beloved by the town at this stage, poke at him and a scum read on me materializes out of butfuck nowhere. Coincidence? I think not. Happy to vote spinach today as well as MS, but if we are killing spinach we should Massclaim.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Five: Why is my D1 play terrible GIF? Why is my MS push terrible. What are the bloody things that I am saying that don't make sense to you. I have acted and continue to act in a logical manner. As is my standard response to pressure, explain yourself or piss off. God, GIF might be a spinach scumbuddy :/.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by spinachattack »

Hey thread... Know what scum does? Defend a singular vote on themselves! They also promote mass claim like scum would actually claim scum. WIFOM is what scum need at this point and mass claiming would supply all of that they need.
In post 3501, TiphaineDeath wrote:One: I'm a guy.
Three: @bro Yes, MS is scum is scum is scum and given the strength of that read I see no reason in hell not to act upon it before giving the scum a perfect roadmap of night kills.
"a way to do shit"- a slang term meaning to do nothing at all.

Saying "is scum" three times in a row does not a strong read make. In this case it's incorrect.
In post 3502, TiphaineDeath wrote:Four: Spinach was voting nacho yesterday and didn't get much done.
I, not someone wholly beloved by the town at this stage
, poke at him and a scum read on me materializes out of butfuck nowhere. Coincidence? I think not. Happy to vote spinach today as well as MS, but if we are killing spinach we should Massclaim.
Play on sympathy. Scum does that a lot too...
In post 3503, TiphaineDeath wrote:Five: Why is my D1 play terrible GIF? Why is my MS push terrible. What are the
bloody
things that I am saying that don't make sense to you. I have acted and continue to act in a logical manner. As is my standard response to pressure, explain yourself or piss off.
God, GIF might be a spinach scumbuddy :/.
Over emphasis; play on fear and more WIFOM in that order.

Now, the lie detector says...

Liars will repeat a question verbatim. Or in this case turn a statement which has been backed up with reason into a question ignoring said reason.

Liars will take a guarded tone.

Liars love euphemisms.

Liars overemphasize their truthfulness.

Liars use long introductions but skip over main events.

Liars give very specific denials.
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by spinachattack »

@TiphaneDeath posting in an ordered list is fine and you're right, is not a scum tell. However, that's not how you posted in what I quoted. I could have given two shits about the numbers, it's the fact that they are in precise chronological order that's the scum tell. Don't confuse the issue.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3477, Andrius wrote:In other news Nacho not being dead AND not even being shot at yet makes me wonder. Like, after D1, I'd be hard pressed to pick ANYONE but him to be shot.
Anywho.
guess I'm going to have to have another one of those days to convince them that leaving me alive was a mistake
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But FIRST of all:

Vote: Ser Arthur Dayne

The fact this is still alive is a major major problem. He's been coasting scum for a century and a half, and it just hurts me to see him living.

The absolute ONLY thing that SAD has provided in this game on page 147 is a case on why Venmar is scum and a subtle chainsaw of RachMarie. That's it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by waynegg »

Ummm... We're only on page 141. I'm assuming 147 is the post? Who else do you like Nacho? If TD isn't one of them, why not? SAD is super low hanging fruit. Hell, he may even get the MKay if he keeps the no postie thing up. Why target him when he might go for free?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:16 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 3501, TiphaineDeath wrote:One: I'm a guy.
Explain the MS-scum again.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 3489, spinachattack wrote:GiF I can't apply the same principles to and have no experience playing with. I find it odd all the Cop crumbs he seems to have laid down, yet says he's not Cop. A little help here would be nice. Everyone else comes up town. I was very surprised that MetalSonic came up town because I was sold on him being scum. So much so I read his full ISO three times. At the end of the day, though, town he is.

VOTE TIPHANEDEATH

i kind of reiterated that the whole time i was playing here

well, glad someone sees the light

will check out your fancy link, I probably can lie my way out of that but I've never really seen my scum meta yet
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:38 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

also GiF I've been dying to ask you

where's your avatar from?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Here.
Touhou ftw
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:45 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

I love you

thanks
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:03 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 5.1

[1] Metal Sonic (TiphaineDeath)
[1] Ser Arthur Dayne (Nachomamma8)
[1] TiphaineDeath (spinachattack)

[5] Not Voting (Andrius, BROseidon, GuyInFreezer, Ser Arthur Dayne, Metal Sonic)

With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-27 14:00:00)
beefycheese
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

SA, do you have thoughts about which of the three you've pegged as scum is on which team? Why the TD vote over Nacho or SAD?

Btw you're arguments for TD and SAD seem sound. I'm a bit less sold on Nacho, although the fact that he's here is disconcerting. I don't have time right now (about to head out for the day), but later I'll ISO TD/SAD to get a better sense of what you're saying.
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:27 am

Post by spinachattack »

Red/Blue, no idea. I'm going with TD because he's the strongest lead I have and I know we gotta hit scum for lynch today.
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:30 am

Post by spinachattack »

SAD could also draw the modkill for inactivity so there's little incentive to vote that way at this point as well.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:58 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

@GIF I think I've explained MS scum a whole frackload of times, but I'll see if I can go and round em all up in one pile by the end of today. You really need to answer my questions, like, in your next post.

@Spinach-At this point I am honestly confused... This precise chronological order thing is not something I have ever heard of as a tell of any kind. I sincerely suspect you pulled this out of your ass.

Hey spinach, guess what I didn't do? Promote a bloody massclaim! I said we shouldn't mass claim today, L2R. This defense isn't about the vote, it's about the case. I tend to give zero shits about votes on me, but cases, those I will always defend. Always-always-always.

I think you have misread my meaning, A way to do shit is meant to be read as "A way to do things." No, but saying it three times should get through to people how strong my read is, I would think the monstrous amount of MS's fuckups and the few relational tells from this game would make up the strong read. But that's just me.

I'm not playing on sympathy you dip, I'm pointing out that because you couldn't assault the unassailable nacho you went after something easier instead. Well lucky you something easier decided to tell you to go spin.

How is that quoted post 3503 a play on fear or Wifom. that is me calling out GIF and putting my thoughts down. The fact that we still hasn't answered does not help his case, or yours.

I have never heard of these lie-detector things of yours, They sound like ass, as do you.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:25 am

Post by spinachattack »

Here, let me post the link for the selective reader again.

http://liespotting.com/liespotting-basics/words/
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am

Post by spinachattack »

And then the content of that link as well in case he can't be bothered with clicking his mouse
Liars will repeat a question verbatim.
Hey Charles, did you send the email to Jackie? Did I send the email to Jackie? If this is Charles’s response, you have your answer—he didn’t send it yet. Repeating a question in full is a common stalling tactic used by people looking for an extra moment to prepare their deceptive reply. In natural conversation, people will sometimes repeat part of a question, but restating the entire question is highly awkward and unnecessary—they clearly heard you the first time.

Liars will take a guarded tone.
If Charles had replied to the direct question by lowering his voice and asking, What do you mean?, a lie may well have been in the works. A suspicious or guarded approach isn’t usually called for, and may indicate that he’s concealing something—whether it’s the truthful answer or his attitude toward you for asking the question in the first place.

Liars won’t use contractions in their denials.
Bill Clinton provides the classic example of what interrogators call a “non-contracted denial” when he said “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” The extra emphasis in the denial is unnecessary if someone is telling the truth. I didn’t have sex with her is how the honest person is likely to phrase his claim of innocence. Clinton said a lot more than he realized with his words.

Liars tell stories in strict chronology.
To keep their stories straight, liars tend to stick to chronological accounts when relating an event. They don’t want to get tripped up by an out-of-place detail—there’s enough to think about already. But this isn’t how we talk when being truthful. We relate stories in the way we remember them, not in strict chronological order. That’s because memorable events carry an emotional component too. Often we’ll lead with the most searing emotional moment, and jump around in time.

Liars love euphemisms.
It’s human nature not to implicate ourselves in wrongdoing. This holds true even for liars, who will shy away from dwelling on their deception if possible. One way they do this is opting for softer language—instead of saying “I didn’t steal the purse” they may say “I didn’t take the purse.” If you ask someone a direct question about their involvement in an incident and they change your words to something softer, raise your deception antennae.

Liars overemphasize their truthfulness.
“To tell you the truth…” “Honestly…” “I swear to you…” Oh, if only it were so! When people use these bolstering statements to emphasize their honesty, there’s a good chance they are hiding something. Learning to baseline someone’s normal behavior is important in situations such as this: You want to listen for normal or harmless use of such phrases. There’s no need to add them if you really are telling the truth, so be on guard.

Liars avoid or confuse pronouns.
We use a fair amount of pronouns in normal conversation. They are a sign of comfortable speech, and they may disappear or be misused by someone who is trying to be extra careful with his words. A liar may say “You don’t bill hours that you didn’t work” instead of making the clear first- person statement: “I don’t bill hours I didn’t work.”

Liars use long introductions but skip over main events.
When a liar wants to build credibility, she will pad her story with as much factual content as possible. The Israeli researcher Avinoam Sapir found that deceptive individuals will add more detail around the prologue of a story, but gloss over the main event where the deception comes into play. Careful listeners can pick up on this lopsided storytelling style and use the BASIC method to zero in on the missing details with specific questions.

Liars give very specific denials.
We’ve already discussed the human impulse to avoid implicating ourselves. So we can expect liars to be very particular in what they say and don’t say. Truth-tellers have no problem issuing categorical denials—I never cheated anyone in my whole life—where as the liar will choose his words ever so carefully.

Liars hedge their statements.
We hear them in court testimony, political hearings and TV confessional interviews all the time: qualifying statements that leave an out for the person on the hot seat. “As far as I recall…” “If you really think about it…” “What I remember is…” Hedged statements aren’t an absolute indicator of deception, but an overuse of such qualifying phrases certainly should raise suspicion that a person isn’t being totally up front with what he or she knows.
As far as you not hearing of these tells- I betcha I could fill the Pacific Ocean with things you've never heard of. Same goes for anybody, including myself. Your ignorance of them doesn't make them unreliable...
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

Post by spinachattack »

In post 3518, TiphaineDeath wrote:@GIF I think I've explained MS scum a whole frackload of times, but I'll see if I can go and round em all up in one pile by the end of today. You really need to answer my questions, like, in your next post.

@Spinach-At this point I am honestly confused... This precise chronological order thing is not something I have ever heard of as a tell of any kind. I sincerely suspect you pulled this out of your ass.

Hey spinach, guess what I didn't do? Promote a bloody massclaim!
I said we shouldn't mass claim today, L2R. This defense isn't about the vote, it's about the case. I tend to give zero shits about votes on me, but cases, those I will always defend. Always-always-always.

I think you have misread my meaning, A way to do shit is meant to be read as "A way to do things." No, but saying it three times should get through to people how strong my read is, I would think the monstrous amount of MS's fuckups and the few relational tells from this game would make up the strong read. But that's just me.

I'm not playing on sympathy you dip, I'm pointing out that because you couldn't assault the unassailable nacho you went after something easier instead. Well lucky you something easier decided to tell you to go spin.

How is that quoted post 3503 a play on fear or Wifom. that is me calling out GIF and putting my thoughts down. The fact that we still hasn't answered does not help his case, or yours.

I have never heard of these lie-detector things of yours, They sound like ass, as do you.
Really?...
In post 3502, TiphaineDeath wrote:Four: Spinach was voting nacho yesterday and didn't get much done. I, not someone wholly beloved by the town at this stage, poke at him and a scum read on me materializes out of butfuck nowhere. Coincidence? I think not. Happy to vote spinach today as well as MS,
but if we are killing spinach we should Massclaim.
And this is where I say LaL!
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Didn't see the link the first time.

I don't know what to say that I haven't already said here. I can understand why many of these things might be true, but just because you've managed to tack on these labels to my normal modes of speech doesn't make what I'm saying a lie.

Pedit:
The only reason I don't want a massclaim is because as far as I am concerned MS is conf scum, and thus with a gaurunteed scum-kill there is no reason to mass claim yet. If anyone else is the lynch for today there is no particular reason not to massclaim. You'll notice that I am not currently voting you because I WOULD STILL RATHER LYNCH MS and thus NOT MASSCLAIM.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:42 am

Post by spinachattack »

In post 3522, TiphaineDeath wrote:Didn't see the link the first time.

I don't know what to say that I haven't already said here. I can understand why many of these things might be true, but just because you've managed to tack on these labels to my normal modes of speech doesn't make what I'm saying a lie.

Pedit:
The only reason I don't want a massclaim is because as far as I am concerned MS is conf scum, and thus with a gaurunteed scum-kill there is no reason to mass claim yet. If anyone else is the lynch for today there is no particular reason not to massclaim. You'll notice that I am not currently voting you because I WOULD STILL RATHER LYNCH MS and thus NOT MASSCLAIM.
What I quoted of you (particularly the larger post) contains examples of both normal speech patterns and abnormal speech patterns (I'll break it down if need be), so what were you being deceptive about?
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:49 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I am not being deceptive about anything!

Even if I was why would you think that asking me would get me to tell you? Faulty logic is faulty.

Credo-Supra-Veritate

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”