He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

~Colony 9~
During Mumkhar’s ill-fated attack

The road to recovery had been a long one for Dunban.

Ever since the battle of Sword Valley over a month ago, Dunban had to learn to cope with living with a single functional arm. It hadn’t been easy for him, but Dunban wasn’t the type of man to mope around.

Instead, he’d attempted to rehabilitate the best he could. He started physical therapy, and once the doctors were satisfied that he was able to function on his own, they allowed him to continue -- in a limited capacity -- his swordplay.

Dunban’s fighting style lent itself better than most to the handicap of a single arm. Not one to rely on his bulk like Reyn, or to supplement with his ether skills like some others he knew, Dunban instead relied on being faster than his enemy. And if anything, having one less arm to deal with simplified matters, once he got past the shift in balance he had to compensate for.

He stretched the one good arm as he rose from his chair in the house he shared with his sister, and walked outside. It was mid-autumn, but the weather was still holding up. He decided he’d go for a stroll. He hit the merchant district first, grabbing a biscuit from one of the vendors, and proceeded into the residential district.

No one was really around -- it was still early in the day, and a lot of the civilian population wasn’t awake yet. He thought he saw a flicker of movement by the side gate, but it was gone before he could discern what it was.

“Morning Dunban!”

“Desiree!” he greeted warmly, before remembering what had recently happened to her father, a man who had not been as lucky as Dunban during Sword Valley. His smile just barely faltered, but continued anyway. “It’s been too long. How have you been getting along lately?”

“Oh, keeping busy. I’ve been thinking of joining the army.”

Dunban didn’t know what to say to that. He tried the diplomatic approach. “Desiree, are you sure?”

She waved him off. “Oh, you know Dad wouldn’t have expected anything else. Besides, we don’t get much business this time of year anyway.”

This time the smile was easier to maintain. “You’re as hard-headed as Xord was.”

“Oh, I’m much moreso, I assure you,” she giggled. “Do you remember that time I was training for the Ironman, and it must’ve been, what, three in the morning when your patrol spotted me in the park, and the look on their faces when they found out I was--”

An alarmingly loud
bang
sounded, not far off. Dunban whirled around. There was no doubt of the source.

“The main gate. Mechon.” Dunban spoke without thinking. “Desiree, get inside -- no, better yet -- make a pass through the residential district and get
them
inside, then get inside yourself.”

“What do you plan to do Dunban? Let me help!”

Dunban put his hand to his temple and shook his head. “You’re untrained, Desiree, and this isn’t going to involve any miles of swimming.”

“And you’re missing a bloody arm!”

“Yes, well, I don’t plan to use the Monado again, do I?” he snapped. Immediately he softened -- he didn’t want her running off in some sort of misguided defiance. “Desiree, please do this for me. Do it for your father; give yourself a fighting chance
when you’re ready,
and not before.”

She began to reply, but Dunban could see her heart wasn’t in it. “You always know how to get people to see things your way, don’t you?”

Dunban flashed a smile. “If I can get Reyn to admit he’s wrong, what chance did you think you had?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through some miracle Dunban didn’t want to jinx, whatever was happening outside of the city was staying there, and so Dunban raced home to grab his sword. He checked under the bed, it’s normal storage spot, when he remembered that he’d planned on training today when he left. Had he brought it with him?

He must have dropped it while talking to Desiree. Running back to the residential district, Dunban was relieved to see both that the sword had been propped up in plain sight, Desiree knowing Dunban would be looking for it, and Desiree herself nowhere to be found. This was good -- she was hopefully in her home, as safe as she was going to be for the moment.

Then he saw it: a flash of movement, on the eastern edge of the city, which was naturally protected by a cliff wall. That same silvery blur he’d seen before was moving briskly at a breakneck pace.

And it was moving
into
the city, toward the military district.

His course of action was clear. He followed at a distance. Whatever, or whoever this was seemed to be hovering along the ground, not terribly concerned about stealth, but instead with speed. Even so, there was no one here to stop it -- the entire force had been occupied with whatever was going on outside; the army would not be expecting an intruder at a time like this.

Dunban reached the top of the stairs to the military district just in time to see the figure duck into the weapon’s development lab. He frowned. There was only one thing being kept there right now, but...

He followed, breaking into a sprint. There was no way he was allowing the colony to lose the most advanced weapon against the mechon they ever had, even though he, nor anyone else they knew, was able to wield it on a long term basis.

Coming into the room where the Monado was stored, he could see the backside of an obviously female figure.

“Turn around,” Dunban ordered.

The woman complied, and Dunban knew that he’d failed to hide his shock. The woman was around his height, with silvery gray hair, but other than her face she barely resembled a homs at all. Her torso and abdomen were obviously mechanical in construction, and the daggers she carried in her sheaths were a design he’d never seen.

“Well?” he prompted.

“I’ve come for the Monado,” she replied in a timbre that chilled him. The voice was at least partially modified by machination, but there was definitely an intelligent inflection mixed in.

“That’s not something we’re willing to part with at the moment,” Dunban countered evenly.

“It is no longer of any use to you,” said the stranger.

“Oh, really?” Dunban asked.

The woman nodded. “Yes. Its progenitor is dead. There is no need to continue this fight.”
“What fight?” Dunban inquired, not sure where this was going.

“The war with the mechon, of course,” she replied, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Dunban drew his sword and slashed into the wall with one fluid motion. The woman did not move.

“There is no need, for
us
to continue this fight?! Against an enemy who attacked
us
with no provocation?!”

He gestured wildly with his sword. “Who are you with? Is this some naive peace movement? Do you have any idea what they’ve been doing to us?”

The woman waited for him to calm, and then nodded slowly. “Yes. And I am sorry.”

Dunban looked aghast at her. “You’re sorry? For what?”

She shook her head. “It would take too long to explain. I am Meyneth, and I have come here to destroy this wretched artifact.”

“You’ll do no such thing,” said Dunban, training his sword on her.

“Please, you must understand,” she implored. “I wish for this conflict to end. I have called off the main force.”

“You’re telling me that
you
control the mechon?”

Meyneth nodded again. “Yes, along with a few others. The mechon outside the city right now is among the strongest.”

Just one?
“And you sent it here?”

Meyneth waved her hand dismissively. “As I said, I have called off the main force. He is alone -- a distraction. I imagine your forces have taken care of him by now.”

Dunban’s eyes widened as he realized the true nature of what had just transpired. “You sent a patsy here so you could sneak in and destroy the Monado?”

She smiled in response.

“I won’t allow it,” he decided after an instant. Dunban didn’t know this woman’s game, but the Monado was non-negotiable.

“Your desires are immaterial. I have long awaited this day. You will not be harmed, and you will not hear from the mechon again.”

Not knowing what else to do, Dunban threw his weight into the mechanical woman. Taken off balance, the two dropped to the floor.

But instead of going for her, Dunban did the one thing he promised he’d never do again. He got to his feet, staggered over to the Monado, and grabbed it. Immediately he felt the pain course through his arm, just as it had the other arm back when he still had it. He could still control it.

Meyneth was on her feet. “You have wielded the Monado before.” It was not a question.

“Yes...” Dunban panted. “Sword Valley...I slew hundreds.”

“You will not need to slay another mechon again if you simply give me the sword!”

“...Never.” He advanced on her.

“Please!” She took a step back. “It must be destroyed if we’re ever to live together!”

Dunban laughed, which quickly degenerated into coughs. “Us and the mechon, together? Madness.”

“It has happened before! It can happen again!” Meyneth was against the wall now.

“No...I...see what this is really...about,” Dunban stammered. The sword was draining him by the second. “This is the only weapon...that can harm you...or your race.”

Meyneth closed her eyes, as if resigned. “If I die, I cannot guarantee the mechon will ever relent. Do you expect to keep fighting forever?”

With a final surge of strength, Dunban plunged the Monado into the woman’s chest. “No...I expect...you all to...die.”

Dunban dropped the sword, and slumped to the ground.

Meyneth grasped at her chest, but knew the damage had been done. The Monado, the only weapon that could truly destroy her, had done just that. But she was the only one that could have destroyed it, too.

She’d gambled, and she’d lost. Perhaps, in her absence, the mechon would triumph, and her people would be safe. Perhaps not. These homs were clearly too far gone for this conflict to end any other way than total destruction of one side or the other, and although she knew who was intiially to blame, it was her and her mechon that had escalated the conflict beyond repair.

In her final moments, she allowed herself the possibility that Zanza had the right idea with scrapping the whole damn thing.

orcinus_theoriginal,
Meyneth, Mechonis Aligned Godmother Neighbor,
was destroyed by the Monado (Killed) Night 3.

Sajin,
Dunban, Colonist Aligned Vanilla,
was drained from wielding the Monado (Killed) Night 3.

Day 4 begins now.
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 4.0

[10] Not Voting (Andrius, BROseidon, Ghostlin, GuyInFreezer, Ser Arthur Dayne, Metal Sonic, Nachomamma8, TiphaineDeath, spinachattack, Varsoon)

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-24 10:30:00)

Varsoon is V/LA through 6/14
Andrius will be V/LA 6/14-6/16 (I think? I don't have a record of the convo so I'm going off memory)
beefycheese
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Go town!

Wait

Sorry, go scum, my bad
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Heh, good catch on Rach.

Gonna ISO Orc and Rach later today for relational clues, and maybe I'll get to 2 also (though I dread the day I'll have to read that ISO). Guessing it's 3/3/14, which makes the most logical sense.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:24 am

Post by spinachattack »

In post 3280, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3278, Andrius wrote:fair enough

NACHO
THE TRIUMVIRATE NEEDS YOU
FOR THE NIGHT IS DARK AND FULL OF TERRORS
btw

I'm starting to lean town on you independent of nacho's read for your proactiveness

So you're probably town factoring in Nacho's read
QFT
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 am

Post by spinachattack »

In post 3124, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Nacho: reconsidering maybe that you're right on Andy being town. But varsoon, sorry I'm not going with you on that read

I can agree with the rest of the townblock for now
QFT
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 am

Post by spinachattack »

In post 1612, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:3. Andrius
-I didn't like the Sven jump in 175. The part where e calls Sven out for being in a meeting seems especially weak to me. Scum fabricating reason. All his reasons for voting Sven were regurgitated--why not credit them directly? Similarly, if he's agreeing with other people's thought processes, why isn't he posting that he is town reading them? BROs lack of a vote isn't scummy, a lot of people in MS don't use their vote liberally (Marangal). Attacking BRO or not having a scum read is fucking stupid because neither did I. And many other people. Attack on Sven's 160 seems really really asinine.

Very slow on giving town reads. Mollie and I werent given a town read until post 500. I feel like it should have been earlier.

Votes: Sven and varsoon. Can't argue, but both seem like wagons that would be easiest to build a case on, varsoon especially. Makes me doubt.

Obviously I wouldn't normally be using Sven ad varsoon vote to call someone out but I'm just looking for hints of scum motivation right now

2 vote came out of nowhere

Going down this list...
8. Ghostlin

14. RachMarie
It's rach.
18. TiphaineDeath
20. Varsoon
QFT
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 am

Post by spinachattack »

I found quite a few interesting Orc posts.

Early on he tunneled Varsoon pretty hard and the inexplicably backed off, never really getting back to him. At times later, he even quoted conversations about Varsoon. But at the e d of the day, what I don't like the most are the 3 posts I QFT. To me it looks a lot like distancing himself from Andy in 1612 and then clearing through another player (Nacho) who is seems to be in most town piles in 3124 and 3280. It's particularly odd to me to have the need to clear him twice for the same reason and through the same player. For now...

VOTE: ANDRIUS
spinachattack
spinachattack
Goon
spinachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 am

Post by spinachattack »

EBWOP ~ wayne
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Andrius »

VOTE: VARSOON

1) I shot varsoon last night. He isn't dead. Town_protective roles have no reason to protect him.
2) Nacho isn't dead. TownBastionofLightandGlory Nacho isn't dead. Its D4. I'm not sure how much else I want to claim at the moment but suffice to say I think Nacho has a chance of being scum.

orc flip is shocking and saddening.
MS probably isn't MechonisScum.

tl;dr: Shot varsoon in the face- he's not dead. pewpew
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Andrius »

For the record it was a tough choice between varsoon and nacho.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Andrius »

THE MOD wrote:Andrius will be V/LA 6/14-6/16 (I think? I don't have a record of the convo so I'm going off memory)
This is correct.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Andrius, I think you are making a faulty logic leap.

A) The protective Role could just be stupid.
B) While whoever protected him might be scum, that doesn't necessarily make him scum.

I want to go iso orc. Back in a jiff.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

VOTE: Varsoon

Andy can you address Wayne's case against you, especially now that you've claimed an NK action?

pedit: I don't think a protective role would be so stupid as to have protected Varsoon over, like, so many people. No. I outright do not believe anyone could be so dumb. Also, why would scum use a protective action on a townie instead of a scum mate?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Andrius »

I'm not here to make fancy logic, or crazy cases or checklists of awesome; I'm here to put bullets in people's skulls because no one else will. BECAUSE IM THE DARK KNIGHT.

...and by bullets I mean massive swords.

Ok, from a town POV, what good is there in protecting one of the next day's lynch targets over any other townie who could be a PR or take a scumkill? There is none. And since my presence before this night hasn't been apparent, protecting varsoon to ward of a scumkill is simply laughable.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Or andrius simply could've been roleblocked or something.
I still don't buy varsoon-scum.

Btw didn't orc had a nighttalk with ghostlin?

VOTE: ghostlin
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3325, borkjerfkin wrote:orcinus_theoriginal, Meyneth, Mechonis Aligned Godmother
Neighbor
, was killed Night 3.
Uh, GiF...

Are you faking stupidity?

Ghost is not scumbuddies with Orc, unless the mod decided to put TWO NEIGHBORS IN THE SAME SCUMTEAM. Which seems useless, unless they have other people they can talk to.

Hey Ghost, is Orc your only neighbor, or do you have others?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:03 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Doesn't neighbors have same alignment?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh

I was confusing it with mason.

UNVOTE:
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Andrius »

wayne wrote:Early on he tunneled Varsoon pretty hard and the inexplicably backed off, never really getting back to him.
Which is why you should vote varsoon.
wayne wrote:To me it looks a lot like distancing himself from Andy in 1612 and then clearing through another player (Nacho) who is seems to be in most town piles in 3124 and 3280.
Which is why you should suspect Nacho.
wayne wrote:It's particularly odd to me to have the need to clear him twice for the same reason and through the same player.
I can say something here but I'm going to wait.
GiF wrote:Or andrius simply could've been roleblocked or something.
Also a possibility I overlooked.
But whatever at this point I DONT CARE.
GiF wrote:Doesn't neighbors have same alignment?
Masons, not Neighbors.
Though both are equally close to my heart.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

As far as I am concerned Andi is conf town, no dumbass scum would try to gambit like that.

On to the orc iso. So orcs first post is interesting. RVS votes on scumbuddies happen an awful lot. Not enough to make it a tell necessarily, but definitely enough that orcs first two posts continue to make me think MS is scum.

29 is a bit odd, I didn't really get why scum would fakeclaim a miller either X_x.

The similarity of their beginning posts weakens my townread on nacho a tad, but I still think the rest of his game bears this up.

Still liking MS as orcs scumbuddy as of post 57.

It only takes three orcinus posts to vote and unvote GIF, could be something here, not sure.

Post 108 is another metal sonic vote, and that wagon never gained any traction. Does anyone know if orc has a history of bussing?

Hey check post 133, he's def bussing rach here, and rach was scum, and his scum to boot.

Huh, varsoon attacks orc, orc never mentioned varsoon. Andrius, what specifically did you see in the relational that made you think var was scum?

Looking at orc on var it looks like town/scum not town/town or scum/scum. :/ can't really put my finger on why but given an orc scum flip I am happy to clear varsoon for now.

760 bothers me.... he's been voting MS before, and calling him scum, but now is talking about "meeting him." :/.

I want to say that Orc's townreads from 1237 are likely town.

1618 strikes me as very odd. He's only ever mentioned ghostlin glancingly before and suddenly has a wishy washy read on him. This could be another scumbuddy tell if he doesn't mention him much again.

2529, jumps in to defend someone he hasn't been talking about, but for a few votes and calling scum near the beginning and a "hi you should vote now" in the middle. Despite his questioning of so many other people he never poked MS. This may be because MS is a weak player and orc didn't think he could take it and didn't actually want his buddy lynched.

VOTE: MS I've said this from the beginning and I'll say it again, MS is scum, is scum, is scum.

I am also willing to vote Ghostlin today.

Want explanation from andi on the varsoon vote.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:19 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

EBWOP

The posts above me make me realize I am a dumbass, I still think varsoon is town, also yeh ghostlin probably is.

Gif is interesting, If I have time today I'll try to iso him.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Andrius »

TD wrote:As far as I am concerned Andi is conf town, no dumbass scum would try to gambit like that.
...I see what you did here.
TD wrote:Huh, varsoon attacks orc, orc never mentioned varsoon. Andrius, what specifically did you see in the relational that made you think var was scum?
I'm confused as to what you mean.

Ghostlin still town, least of all because of his role.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Actually... andi makes an unhealthy amount of sense, GIF and MS go in to the, "To be checked out pile"

VOTE: varsoon

Credo-Supra-Veritate
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Didn't orc yelled at varsoon for quite a bit?
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”