Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 342, RachMarie wrote:meanwhile still waiting for more from this slot since Shaboo had almost nada and now we have almost nada again, though lurking is kinda null tell
feels weird that two different players are doing the same thing

Really not liking this bit. It feels like a gentle nudge towards an uniformed policy lynch.

I don't feel like moving my vote away from RachMarie at the moment. I at least want to see her reads before I'm even considering of moving it.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 am

Post by imkingdavid »

In post 373, Grimgroove wrote:Ok, I see you addressed it in 353, yet let me put it more concretely: Would you be inclined to vote for her during this dayphase?
Depends. I could go for a Rach or Candi lynch at the moment, but I'm happy with my vote for now.

I would love to see Rach follow up on:
Rach (#341) wrote:meanwhile moving along to ISOs and giving my reads.
She did say she would post on Sunday but never did (#365).
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 am

Post by homertve »

VOTE: Rach

You keep ignoring this game. Maybe you need a little wagon...
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Today's general game activity has been particularly depressing.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:17 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 378, Grimgroove wrote:This game's general game activity has been particularly depressing.
Fixed that for you :p
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 376, imkingdavid wrote:I would love to see Rach follow up on:
Rach (#341) wrote:
meanwhile moving along to ISOs and giving my reads.

She did say she would post on Sunday but never did (#365).
She was posting a lot elsewhere on site, but avoided this game, hence why she needs lynching.

I'm not voting Candi either.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Syr, why do you believe Candi is town?

And yeah, I could be persuaded to go for Rach since, ya know, it's kinda like lynching someone that isn't there and just throws out promises of rereads. That said, it does seem to be Rach's meta as town too.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Candillan »

LnGrrrR don't defend your scumbuddy it's bad practice :/
Especially not with meta ://////

Rach wagon is good, I'll hop on maybe tomorrow or the next day if she doesn't defend herself and/or there are more good points on her.
Case on LnGrrrR incoming wheee
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Candillan »

To be honest, the part that initially bothered me about you was the fact that you called Grim town for something he did as scum. Then, from that discussion, you twisted my case into "whatever he does that's town is scum, and whatever he does that's scum is scum" which was a blatant misrep that you still haven't rescinded. My case was different, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Closed-mindedness is anti-town at least, if not scummy. Your dismissing of him as town for something he did when he was scum still rubs me the wrong way. I don't think a townie would do that, and it seems as if you know he's town.

Then, you made post 194, which read as super scummy. It made it seem like you were justifying him being alive so you could pin blame on him D3 for still being alive.

Also there's the point about the Switzerland complex he's having. He isn't making enemies of anyone aside from me. He hasn't listed any scumreads aside from me, and that, especially, bothers me. Not because of OMGUS, but because he's trying to get you all to warm up to a mislynch by getting on all your good sides. He didn't even deny it when he was asked about buddying to Grim.

Is that enough?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Candillan »

Okay, now can you all tell me why you think he's town?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

@mod
- Bane and mkfuba07 are both in prod/replace range. Also, can we get an updated vote count?

------

This lack of activity from certain players is really starting to piss me off. Several of us have posted our thoughts and carried on conversation at a reasonable pace, but a significant number of players are either AWOL or are purposely active lurking.

Neither Bane nor mkfuba have even visited the site since Friday. Rach has posted something like 35 times since her last post in this thread but has avoided this game specifically.

We're just under 4 days until lynch. Seriously, please post. Specifically you three.

Anyway, I will provide thoughts on LnG tomorrow. Right now it's too late for my brain to handle analysis.

------

I have come to the conclusion that I don't really have a firm scum read on anyone. My top three at this pont (in no particular order) are Rach (active lurking, avoiding, no content), Candi (reasons stated previously), and Syr (tunneling on the fake scum slips; probably lowest of the three on my list at the moment).

I am considering placing Rach at L-1 tomorrow. Or if someone else beats me to it, I will consider hammering a little closer to deadline. That being said, I would also be comfortable (obviously) with a Candi lynch.

Regardless, whoever is placed at L-1, I officially request a role claim and that player's scum/town reads. That way we'll at least have some information to go on tomorrow after the flip.
eaten!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

It would be good sportsmanship if the mafia would choose to kill one of those inactives ones not in their team (not much honour to be gained from winning against inactives).

And RachMarie is really avoiding this topic it seems.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:26 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Already a heads up I'll be V/LA starting from Thursday evening (2 days and a few hours from now) until Sunday evening, meaning I might not be here around the deadline for this day.
RachMarie, what are you waiting for?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:43 am

Post by RachMarie »

I had some issues come up in the games I am modding and had less time on the computer than expected. NS is asleep now and I am going to take the time needed to focus on this game now.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:51 am

Post by RachMarie »

The whole push on someone not posting was not about trying to get them quick lynched it was about applying some real pressure on them

Now both Bane and the mk dude need to be prodded... and I am feeling that probably both will end up being replaced (which makes 3 for the one slot uggh not good...) And we still have nothing of substance from that slot it is a big black hole. That bothers me because if that slot is scum, we are less likely to lynch it because two dudes in it both did nothing but lurk, if that slot is town it is extremely anti town of both players to just flake out and lurk. That was my point.

And Syr you have been playing long enough you should have recognized that and tried putting some pressure on that slot.

As for the Bane slot, lets hope he comes back. I hate this though not having data on all the player slots.

So will for now focus on the other players.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 am

Post by RachMarie »

Warning big wall post:

Candi

In post 33 you already stated Syr as town.. How did you get town read on him that fast?

Voting for Crand Who has been replaced by david

pushes on Shaboo (Like this) but then after a few posts switches over LGR and Crand as primary scumspects.

umm what meta? Why do you keep defending yourself with meta? You are a newbie you dont have meta yet?

unvote with no new vote or reasoning looks like you are trying to placate someone followed by asking RQS What??

Votes Shaboo

post 119 umm nope you dont have meta, it takes several games of playing on the site to develop meta.

hey my votes were just for pressure....

Pressure does not work well if you jump around without waiting for other votes to join you. Not to the point of lynching someone but yeah one vote that his removed a few posts later is not pressure...

Self meta is dumb but you have spent so much time convincing us of your self meta (facepalm)

What happened to your town read on Grim? Now you seem to be pushing for him being scum.
No he should not get a total free pass true, but you seem to have a few too many scumspects and not enough townspects here.

which shows up in your ts list....

Why a lack of suspicion on Syr? At this point in the game no one should have a free pass yet.
and then a total switch and suddenly you are very suspicious of Syr...

Scum

Raven/Bane

In reading Raven's posts I got somewhat of a scummy feel and Bane has done nothing so eh leaning scum at this point and definitely need Bane (or yet another replacement to POST MORE so we can clarify this slot).

Grim

not going to go back into the whole yes yep darling semamtics things already covered those.

has Candi, Crand, and Raven as scum reads Then throws in LGR due to massive scumvibes

It makes it very hard to read when ya all post in each other's quotes, thats what the quote and multi quote buttons are for. Post the quote, then outside the quote box put your reply would help a lot.

I was asking to get people's responses to better get a feel for who is town and who is scumz. The fact that you were scum previously is not enough to say you are scum now. Need more than that.

Good point about Candi and Raven... They were much more buddy buddy last time.

Looks like someone else commented on the quote box issue...

You and Syr misusing the term Caesar (hence my "history lesson")

Like the pressure on me including the whole push about me declaring david as probtown. That was what I was looking for responses to that. At that point it was mostly a gut read but as he has posted more I am feeling more confident about his posts coming from a townie instead of scumz.

No I have not been as active overall and even when I post my posts have been less solid than usual.

1. I am under a fair bit of stress due to a lack of a hearing aid and being 80% deaf, good newa is soon I should have some money so I can get a mold made so I can borrow an over the ear hearing aid until my insurance finally gets off the dime and replaces it.

2. My computer with all my notes and such for all my games died on me. I am sharing a computer with my fiance, which means less time and less notes for me to have. I completely lost ALL my notes I had for this game and a few others and had to start over from scratch.

Compare Shaboo and his successor with say david and who he replaced? I would say david has been fairly active. It is not being a replacement that bothers me and makes me feel we should be pushing on that slot, it is the fact we have had two people with 3 posts in total for that slot. Even with everything going on I have posted more than that, even if it is less than it should be.

However overall this is a solid set of reads that I feel put you in the townie pile. Not just the reads themselves, but your reasonings behind putting people where you did feels much more likely from a town PoV. Yes I still have that wee paranoia in the back saying but he was so good at being town last time... but yeah I think you probably rolled town this time around.

I hope I clarified your concern about my pushing the shaboo mk dude slot Grim?

Homer

yep feeling the towny vibes I did last time from him, even the vote to push on me seems more a towny POV not scum trying to get a mislynch going.

His response at the top of post 366 feels like genuine confusion about who is town and who is scum.

the comment about Raven's replacement is a good one. Just like the point I was making about shaboo and his replacement.

Syr

I do find Syr to be hard for me to peg, he does a fair bit of trolly behavior in his posts (more so in non newbie games).

Yeah it took me a while to get back to this game because I knew I would have to redo all the ISOing after losing my notes :(

That does not necessarily make me scum however, and I am wondering if you are going after an easy lynch. I would say I am an easier lynch than shaboo/mk dude since it is clear that slot is about as non existent as can be, while I have posted some just not as much as I should be.

Yeah not liking it.. You can go in the leaning scumz pile.

I would say after all of this and so sorry for the massive wall... tldr is

Town reads: homer, Grim, david

leaning scum: Syr Bane (mainly based on Raven have a big fat NULL on Bane because no real posting).

Scum Candi

NEEDS TO POST MORE OR BE REPLACED: mk dude and Bane. We need clarifications on these two slots.

Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Candillan »

You can't say I don't have a meta.
As soon as people can see how you've acted once, they can call it a meta. If they refer to something you tend to do in general or in a game prior, then that's a meta tell.
Other than that, I feel as if I have already addressed most, if not all, of your comments on me in posts prior.
Also, I'm sick of talking about meta. >_>
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Candillan »

Oh, @your point on me having a scumread on him, he's null, not scum. I guess my reads list wasn't really clear about that.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Candillan »

Ebwop
Him = Grim
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 383, Candillan wrote:To be honest, the part that initially bothered me about you was the fact that you called Grim town for something he did as scum. Then, from that discussion, you twisted my case into "whatever he does that's town is scum, and whatever he does that's scum is scum" which was a blatant misrep that you still haven't rescinded. My case was different, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Closed-mindedness is anti-town at least, if not scummy. Your dismissing of him as town for something he did when he was scum still rubs me the wrong way. I don't think a townie would do that, and it seems as if you know he's town.[quite]

I didn't "twist" your case. You said above that there were other ways of being "townie", but failed to describe what those were.

Tell me, how could Grim post that would make him look townie to you?

Speaking of close mindedness, wouldn't assuming that Grim would only post a certain way as scum quality as the same? Not to mention that you tried to misrep me by stating that I had eliminated him as scum in my reads: being townie isn't the same as being confirmed townie.
Then, you made post 194, which read as super scummy. It made it seem like you were justifying him being alive so you could pin blame on him D3 for still being alive.
So you're saying my overall plan is to defend Grim until D3, then lynch him? That would require quite a few "if's" happening, and frankly that makes no sense to me. I said that Grim seemed townie, but if he lived til D3 I would have to look at him again. D3 is awhile from now. Would you have rather said that if he lives until D3 that I won't bother reexamining him?
Also there's the point about the Switzerland complex he's having. He isn't making enemies of anyone aside from me. He hasn't listed any scumreads aside from me, and that, especially, bothers me. Not because of OMGUS, but because he's trying to get you all to warm up to a mislynch by getting on all your good sides. He didn't even deny it when he was asked about buddying to Grim.
Misrep. I didn't "deny" buddying Grim but I didn't confirm it either. Speaking of which, since when are YOU against buddying? You are the one who explicitly mentioned that you were going to buddy Raven if I recall correctly.

Just look at this comment: "you can't say I don't have a meta"... Even though earlier you said that meta was "useless" against you because you don't play any particular meta.

And then you top it off with back pedaling on one of your reads lists. In post 340, you said you believed in the possibility of a scum team between me and Grim. Now you're saying he's null.

Really, you're all over the place.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Augh, jacked up the quotes there. If anyone can't follow let me know and I'll repost. (Stupid quite...)
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Candillan »

Null means that he could be scum, and he could also be town. I do believe it's a possibility. Null ≠ town.

I meant to say "You can't say I can't have a meta".

My buddying With Raven started outside this game. Yours wasn't stated.
I didn't say you confirmed buddying, I said you didn't deny it.
More later, gotta get back to class.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:38 am

Post by homertve »

At last, some content from Rach. Thanks. I think overall I liked your post. The fact you gave us your reads is itself reassuring. For now, I think I'll move my vote back to where it were before.

VOTE: Syryana
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:00 am

Post by imkingdavid »

I hope the mod doesn't mind, but I am posting an unofficial vote count just so we can have a better idea of where things stand. My apologies if I missed something, but I'm pretty sure that it's correct:

LnGrrrR (1): Candillan
Candillan (2): LnGrrrR, imkingdavid (L-2)
mkfuba07 (1): RachMarie
Syryana (1): homertve
RachMarie (2): Grimgroove, Syryana (L-2)
Not voting: mkfuba07, Bane

------

Thank you for posting, Rach.

However, why did you completely skip LnG? You neither analyze his posts nor is he on your reads list. Where does he fall in all of this?

Also, aside from him, the other two people I noticed you skimped on really looking into (from what I can read in your post) are myself and shaboo. Now, shaboo I can understand given his lack of content, but all I see about myself in the post is that my activity makes me lean town in your eyes.

Neither Bane nor mkfuba has visited the site since Saturday. Do you feel your vote on mkfuba's slot is really being effective where it is? Perhaps if the slot was visiting but just not participating, a vote might draw them back into the discussion (as it seems the wagon on you has done), but if he's not even going to visit the site, I doubt voting him will have any real impact. You did say you are leaning scum on Candi. Would you support a Candi lynch over a mkfuba slot lynch today? I'd rather not lynch someone simply based on lurking unless we're about to go into lylo or something.

-----

Grim - What are your thoughts on Rach's post? Do you still think she should be the Day 1 lynch?

-----

homer - Can you re-explain your reasons for voting Syr? Just from skimming your iso, you vote Syr during RVS and never change it until just now when you voted Rach and then moved it back to Syr.
Also, you name your top three as Rach (for active lurking), Raven (for lurking), and Syr (I don't see reasons in my skim but I may have missed them). What are your thoughts on a Candi lynch?

-----

As for me, now that Rach has posted actual content, my current vote on Candi will remain as it is. I feel that he is currently the best choice for a lynch for Day 1 at this point.

-----

Also, almost forgot, my read on LnG is null, leaning town. I just haven't really noticed anything specific that makes me feel uncomfortable with him, and I feel he adequately responded to the points Candi brought against him.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 am

Post by imkingdavid »

EBWOP: BTW replace L-2 in the unofficial vote count above with L-3. I can't count, it seems. :)
eaten!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”