Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 am

Post by Adele »

Turbovolver wrote:Oh, not again.

Just because Friday is possibly a really sensitive person and Kilmenator confused a bunch of games together doesn't mean they cant be scum. Yes, it would be scummy to attack them *because* of these things, but I didn't do that. I raised legitimate points, and to have people to just reduce them to "whatever basis he can" is frustrating and just not true.
Well, anyone can be scum. My question is, is pressuring people who've shown a history of reacting badly to pressure in past games a pro-town action on day 1? I mean, the "easy target" accusation makes some kind of sense to me. I'm not making that accusation, Turbo, I'll need to look back at Day 1, but I'm saying that a pattern of focusing unduly on players known to act scummy when not scum early on
might
be a scumtell.

I'm very concerned about discussing the Patrick kill for frivolous reasons. If someone has something worthwhile to bring to the table, great, let them, but frankly I can see both pro-town and anti-town reasons for killing Patrick and so how is baseless speculation going to help?
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:05 am

Post by kilmenator »

Reason for discussing the day kill- I guess my thoughts were that it generate discussion on Patrick, therefore bring forward differering opinions and anything that does that is good for the town. Discussion helps, discussion is a form of scum hunting.

I dont see the fact that I quoted Patrick and stated that I thought he was a second cop to be going to great lengths to say I thought he was innocent. And the reason I brought up the fact that I thought him a little scummy was because at points I did find him scummy, not scummy enough for a day vig though.

And after looking at the set up of the other DOOM game, I dont think ozy should entirely be let off the hook.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Norinel »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm not sure, but I only have one theory about why there was no NK last night and kil's story jives with that. It's entirely possible that someone else is (wisely) staying quiet.
Just one? I can think of three (doc protection, blocked scum, NK-immune target) off the top of my head using standard roles, two of which a tracker could partially confirm.
Adele wrote:Well, anyone can be scum. My question is, is pressuring people who've shown a history of reacting badly to pressure in past games a pro-town action on day 1? I mean, the "easy target" accusation makes some kind of sense to me. I'm not making that accusation, Turbo, I'll need to look back at Day 1, but I'm saying that a pattern of focusing unduly on players known to act scummy when not scum early on might be a scumtell.
That's about what I was going to say about that.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Since I assumed klebian would be finished telling us who he thinks is scummy, and since I did not really like that last post of his, I will
Vote: Klebian
for now, and wait and see what happens.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Adele wrote:Well, anyone can be scum. My question is, is pressuring people who've shown a history of reacting badly to pressure in past games a pro-town action on day 1? I mean, the "easy target" accusation makes some kind of sense to me. I'm not making that accusation, Turbo, I'll need to look back at Day 1, but I'm saying that a pattern of focusing unduly on players known to act scummy when not scum early on
might
be a scumtell.
Well, that's just the way things fell together.

I'm wondering, has anybody actually looked up other games from Friday and kilmenator? There was a mention of Friday winning a game as scum but that's all I heard - here you are talking about people "who've shown a history of reacting badly to pressure in past games", but do we even know if that's true? I certainly knew nothing of these players before coming into this game.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Norinel wrote:Just one? I can think of three (doc protection, blocked scum, NK-immune target) off the top of my head using standard roles, two of which a tracker could partially confirm.
I'll operate on the most likely one til there's more evidence. There could definitely be another explanation but the odds for now favor me operating based on mine.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm concerned that you're so willing to trust me, gerain.
does it seem like i trust you? if i did, i don't think i would be bringing you and him up so much. If i was trusting, why would have i advocated lynching Ozy again tonight.

and i meant to post this yesterday byt my log in went screwy for 24 hours.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Adele »

geraintm wrote:
does it seem like i trust you?
geraintm on Kilmeneter wrote:your post 509, you went to great lenghts to tell everyone you thought Patrick was pro-town. i just found it odd after the fact that Patrick's towness is proved, you made it so clear to everyone you always thought he was town. you also throw in that you also found him scummy too. the whole tone of that post i found weird, but MBL seems happy with you so despite my weird feelings about you, i have nowhere to go with them.
This post read very much like you trust MBL; why else would his support of Kil be relevant?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Yeah, it's a pretty big scumtell when you trust an unconfirmed player too much, and Adele noticed the same thing I did.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by kilmenator »

[quote="klebian"]Seriously, what is with your rude responses? She found it interesting because apparently she thought patrick seemed to be pro-town, and thus she thinks that a protown dayvig wouldn't kill patrick. When you're going to respond, respond to the whole thing she says. All you're doing is picking on the newbie-ish players who apparently don't word things the way you would.[/quote]

Being that klebian has had a couple of days to finish his reread and analysis and has yet to complete it, I think we should put more pressure on him. I wouldnt think it was a big deal except he posted in and has obviously been checking in to see what is going on, and yet hasnt finished. I would also like to request [b]prod[/b]s on all who havent posted in a while.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by kilmenator »

could someone help me figure out why my quotes and such arent showing up the way they should?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by klebian »

You do realize, kilmenator, that as norinel has said earlier, he replaced into the same situation as me, has posted a lot less than me, but no one's putting pressure on him. I know this is basically an ad hom arguement, but I don't really think it's fair that you're voting me because I haven't completed a re-read and analysis. I also note that you have BARELY responded to the first half of my analysis, and that was to say that I don't really note who's scummy, although I definitely called out turbovolver, patrick, and sl in my analysis.
As it is, I've been very busy and have had not much time at home lately. While this prevents me from doing a good reread without knowing that there's something else I'd be better off doing, I still like to at least be somewhat active in the game, because otherwise someone like you would call me out for lurking.
And kilm, although you may not have liked my last post, adele and norinel both responded to turbovolver's response to me, and essentially AGREED WITH ME. I really don't like how you've been playing today.
FoS: klimenator
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by kilmenator »

klebian, i have not responded to your first half analysis because i wanted to see the finished product before i put any thought into it. i know that when i personally do a reread, my opinions sometimes will change as i progress through the game. the reason i have not put pressure on noriel is because i think she is pretty much cleared, being that i do think that shadow is the daycop and therefore she would be cleared in my mind. i will admit that i havent put much thought into if SL is sane or not, so, i guess you are right, i would like to here from noriel, colonel kurtz, and the rest of your analysis, if you are busy, i would appreciate it if you would at least mention that in your post so we know what is going on. the whole reason i brought it out was because you mentioned finishing and then your next post mention nothing about it. and why would i not like your last post? essentially you were agreeing with me and sticking up for me, so why would that have bothered me? anyway,
mod prod
please on those who havent posted in a while, specifically colonel kurtz... and thanks so much SL for the help, i am often an idiot when it come to computers...
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by klebian »

kilmenator wrote:Since I assumed klebian would be finished telling us who he thinks is scummy,
and since I did not really like that last post of his
, I will
Vote: Klebian
for now, and wait and see what happens.
vote: kilmenator
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:
geraintm wrote:
does it seem like i trust you?
geraintm on Kilmeneter wrote:your post 509, you went to great lenghts to tell everyone you thought Patrick was pro-town. i just found it odd after the fact that Patrick's towness is proved, you made it so clear to everyone you always thought he was town. you also throw in that you also found him scummy too. the whole tone of that post i found weird, but MBL seems happy with you so despite my weird feelings about you, i have nowhere to go with them.
This post read very much like you trust MBL; why else would his support of Kil be relevant?
From what i remember, Kilm was the one who sorta came out and was happy about MBL, not the other way round. If Kilm and MBL are behaving oddly, i would expect the one who 'cleared' the other to be more likely to be a bad man than the other way round. That coupled with me finding Kilm's post about him thinking Patrick was a cop odd, would make it be true to say of the two, i think i trust MBL more than Kilm.

Does that make sense?

I have to say, i don't really trust anyone in this game. I feel like everyone else is playing with a ton more info than me about what is going on.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:22 am

Post by kilmenator »

[quote="klebian"]Seriously, what is with your rude responses? She found it interesting because apparently she thought patrick seemed to be pro-town, and thus she thinks that a protown dayvig wouldn't kill patrick. When you're going to respond, respond to the whole thing she says. All you're doing is picking on the newbie-ish players who apparently don't word things the way you would.[/quote]

You voted for me because I did not like this response? Interesting... I guess I dont understand why, but we are all entitled to our own opinion, even if others think it stinks. Anyway, when do you expect to finish up your reread/analysis so we have a time table to work with.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

geraintm wrote:I have to say, i don't really trust anyone in this game. I feel like everyone else is playing with a ton more info than me about what is going on.
Did you miss a cop claim?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Klebian, the fact you didn't finish your analysis is not scummy, but the fact that you only brings it up when pressed
is
troubling.

More though, I don't like your response to kilmenator. The post she didn't like
was
scummy (and I see you completely ignored my response to it), and the way you only FOS her and then when she keeps pressing quote the same text and vote her is just weird. If you really had such a problem with her being vague about her not liking your post, you would've voted her off the bat. Your attacks on other people seem remarkably tied to your own situation, scum.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by klebian »

Did you not see a strange (dis)relation between her post 539 and the post i quoted?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

klebian wrote:Did you not see a strange (dis)relation between her post 539 and the post i quoted?
What?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by klebian »

Read kilmenator's post 539. Then read the post of hers that I quoted in post 540. Then report back. I'm beginning to feel like I missed something, but I sure think that we're both referring to the same 'last post'.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by kilmenator »

klebian wrote: And kilm, although you may not have liked my last post, adele and norinel both responded to turbovolver's response to me, and essentially AGREED WITH ME. I really don't like how you've been playing today.
FoS: klimenator
my point was that i did not like your last post, as you tried to point out yourself by mentioning who did agree with you. the think i didnt like wasnt necessarily what you said, it was the tone and the way you stuck up for me that i did not like. i wanted to make a point to you that it wasnt necessarily the last post that bothered me, but the fact that you were avioding finishing the analysis. maybe that doesnt make sense to you, but essentially i was makiing a point that i didnt like it, but the reason i did not like it was not what you were saying but the way the post came across, i also felt that you were avoiding finishing up that analysis you promised and trying to buddy up with me.

my other question is was the vote placed because i was putting pressure on you to finish the analysis or because you find me scummy? because it seems to me that you are either genuinely misunderstanding me or... your vote is totally WIFOM.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

klebian wrote:Read kilmenator's post 539. Then read the post of hers that I quoted in post 540. Then report back. I'm beginning to feel like I missed something, but I sure think that we're both referring to the same 'last post'.
OK so I did this and I'm none the wiser.

You FOS'd kilmenator for #529, then when she argued more with you, you went back and requoted #529 but voted her for it this time.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”