borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.19

[9] ² (Andrius, orcinus_theoriginal, Nachomamma8, BROseidon, Sajin, BeautyAndTheBeast, Mac, GuyInFreezer, TheReverend)
[3] TMTOLBTWNTOF (Ghostlin, Aj The Epic, ²)
[2] Aj The Epic (RachMarie, Varsoon)
[2] Metal Sonic (Cabd, TiphaineDeath)
[1] Sajin (Venmar)
[1] TiphaineDeath (Metal Sonic)

[2] Not Voting (Ser Arthur Dayne, TMTOLBTWNTOF)

With 20 alive, it is 11 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-04 10:00:00)

orcinus_theoriginal is V/LA through 6/2

TMTOLBTWNTOF will be replaced. Replacement incoming!
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Fri May 31, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 am

Post by ² »

In post 2619, pirate mollie wrote:I haven't lied about anything.

I think you are a good scum player

I really don't see the lie what I see is you twisting my words into some dumbass fucking convoluted narrative.
You lied about, at the very least:
1) Nacho thinking we're scum when he is in fact just sheeping you.
2) You not having mislynched me before because of your excesssive tunneling.
3) You thinking that I can't simulate scumhunting as scum.
4) You claiming to not have lied about anything.

That's four lies so far.
1) Will be proven once Nacho gets back.
2) Is proven by the links I've provided.
3) Can be proven if I find the specific post - for now you'll have to do with the game subsequent to which you made the comment.
4) Is proven by at least 1 of 1-3 being proven.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 am

Post by ² »

In post 2621, TheReverend wrote:And 2 has gone quiet. Discussing fakeclaim with f is it?
Close but no cigar.

- b
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2623, ² wrote:What you would or not would consider that person is entirely up to you, but I think you're making a mistake in asserting that anti-town behavior is automatically scummy behavior.
Anti-town behaviour is not inherently scummy. Lying to push a mislynch is. I find it incredible that you can accuse mollie of lying to push for your lynch, yet still sit there and insist she's town. Maybe if you both flip town, I'll learn from that. But right now I find it very hard to believe that both of you are town. And since I'm reading b&b as strong town, that kinda narrows down my options here.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 am

Post by ² »

In post 2625, borkjerfkin wrote:i need to do a steely dan mafia
please do this.

/pre-in

- f
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 am

Post by TheReverend »

Isn't steely dan a dildo? Yeah let's do dildo mafia.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:47 am

Post by ² »

In post 2628, TheReverend wrote:
In post 2623, ² wrote:What you would or not would consider that person is entirely up to you, but I think you're making a mistake in asserting that anti-town behavior is automatically scummy behavior.
Anti-town behaviour is not inherently scummy. Lying to push a mislynch is. I find it incredible that you can accuse mollie of lying to push for your lynch, yet still sit there and insist she's town. Maybe if you both flip town, I'll learn from that. But right now I find it very hard to believe that both of you are town. And since I'm reading b&b as strong town, that kinda narrows down my options here.
No, lying to push a mislynch is anti-town behavior but not necessarily scummy behavior. In fact in some circumstances it may not even be anti-town behavior.

I don't accuse her of lying. I
proved
that she's lying. You can find it as incredible as you want to. The fact that she's lying does not mean she's automatically scum. Why are you even talking to me when you're just going to go by your own hypothesis of lying being scummy anyway?

- b
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2630, TheReverend wrote:Isn't steely dan a dildo? Yeah let's do dildo mafia.
The band named itself after said item in Burroughs' Naked Lunch, yes.
beefycheese
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2631, ² wrote:Why are you even talking to me when you're just going to go by your own hypothesis of lying being scummy anyway?
I'm sorry, is trying to interact with someone in order to attempt to determine that person's alignment not cool? Why are you asking me why I'm talking to you? I think you're scum, this tiff with mollie reinforces that read, I'm interacting with you now to see if you come across as town, seeing as we have a few days left and you're at L-2. You are failing to convince me my vote is in the wrong place. You should know why I'm talking to you. And I really think that you should be concerned about mollie's alignment if you are so convinced she is lying to push for your mislynch. Maybe I'm wrong there, but you telling me I'm wrong won't convince me, two town flips will convince me, and that isn't happening today.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

waynegg replaces TMTOLBTWNTOF!
beefycheese
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:55 am

Post by ² »

mollie is town

end of discussion afaiac.

- f
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:56 am

Post by TheReverend »

Fine. Hurry up and claim. You're obviously today's lynch.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 am

Post by TheReverend »

Here's why 2 doesn't want to push mollie's "lying" as a scum tell... they do want to go 1v1 against someone who is considered town by most.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 5:23 am

Post by Cabd »

Well that was a lot to come back to. Reading. BTW I have meta with waynegg.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2637, TheReverend wrote:Here's why 2 doesn't want to push mollie's "lying" as a scum tell... they do
not
want to go 1v1 against someone who is considered town by most.
fmp
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 5:36 am

Post by ² »

In post 2637, TheReverend wrote:Here's why 2 doesn't want to push mollie's "lying" as a scum tell... they do want to go 1v1 against someone who is considered town by most.
I don't go 1v1 against a town read.

I'll be mostly afk for the next 3 or so hours. May be able to follow by phone for part of that time. I've let b know, but I think he's gone inactive for now.

If you want a claim from us then it's up to you guys to exercise some self restraint if you put us at L-1 today.

Mollie you should have this figured out by now.

- f
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Cabd »

Errrrr, 2, I was reading you town again. Why did you have to go and kill that?

Also, slight correction to my above post, I have TOWN meta on waynegg, never played with scum-egg; but I'm pretty sure I can figure him out.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 2641, Cabd wrote:Errrrr, 2, I was reading you town again. Why did you have to go and kill that?

Also, slight correction to my above post, I have TOWN meta on waynegg, never played with scum-egg; but I'm pretty sure I can figure him out.
Same and on page 23. Don't expect anything significant until I'm caught up.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:28 am

Post by ² »

In post 2633, TheReverend wrote:
In post 2631, ² wrote:Why are you even talking to me when you're just going to go by your own hypothesis of lying being scummy anyway?
I'm sorry, is trying to interact with someone in order to attempt to determine that person's alignment not cool? Why are you asking me why I'm talking to you? I think you're scum, this tiff with mollie reinforces that read, I'm interacting with you now to see if you come across as town, seeing as we have a few days left and you're at L-2. You are failing to convince me my vote is in the wrong place. You should know why I'm talking to you. And I really think that you should be concerned about mollie's alignment if you are so convinced she is lying to push for your mislynch. Maybe I'm wrong there, but you telling me I'm wrong won't convince me, two town flips will convince me, and that isn't happening today.
This is not at all the impression I've gotten from this conversation. Briefly speaking, you asked me why I thought mollie is town when I simultaneously claim that she's lying. I told you that lying isn't a scumtell. You told me that lying is scummy. I told you that lying is anti-town, but not necessarily scummy. You told me again that lying is scummy. I told you that lying isn't even always anti-town and certainly not necessarily scummy. Then you repeat yourself again and I ask why you are bothering talking to me when you're just going by your own hypothesis of lying being scummy anyway.

So, to answer your questions:

I don't get the impression that you're trying to interact with me in an attempt to determine my alignment; I think you've convinced yourself a long time ago that we're scum and you seem to be grasping onto anything you can to reassure yourself. For instance, you're currently asserting that we're scummy because I think mollie is town despite lying. How the hell is thinking mollie is town despite lying even scum-motivated in the first place? I find your whole argument quite absurd.

I am asking you why you are talking to me because it seems rather extraneous when taking into consideration the content of our conversation. It seems that you have made up your mind a long time ago and I sincerely think you're quite stuck in confirmation bias land, asserting that anything I do is scummy - much like mollie is.

I may be failing to convince you that your vote is in the wrong place, but that does not necessarily mean that I am to blame for that. For instance, you should be looking at things more skeptically instead of blindly sheeping mollie. I don't think you're actually trying to create new content with the conversation that you instigated, I think you had made up your mind that me thinking mollie is town while claiming that she's lying is scummy and you just wanted to point this out.

I think I understand by now that you think I should be concerned with mollie's alignment because she's lying, but I'm not. I think I also made it fairly clear by now why I'm not concerned with mollie's alignment. On the contrary, I don't think you made it clear why you think me not being concerned with mollie's alignment is scum-motivated (aside from just asserting that because this is what you personally think, it must also apply to others).

I think you sum it up quite neatly when you state that only two town flips are going to convince you; if that's the case there really isn't a purpose of our conversation.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 am

Post by ² »

In post 2637, TheReverend wrote:Here's why 2 doesn't want to push mollie's "lying" as a scum tell... they do want to go 1v1 against someone who is considered town by most.
Here is why we don't want to push mollie's lying as a scum tell: because
IT'S NOT A FUCKING SCUMTELL
. Try to get that into your head. Go check mollie's scum games. Does she blatantly lie about stuff that can easily be disconfirmed? NO, SHE DOES NOT. If it's alignment indicative at all it's probably more likely to come from town-mollie than scum-mollie, but that's all besides the point: the slot is town to us and if you want to lynch us for thinking so, that's your call.

- b
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:57 am

Post by TheReverend »

I don't understand this need to get angry in mafia games. It's either feigned anger to appear town, or if you're actually angry, you take shit too seriously. There's a few people here who need to chill.

You tell me my mind is made up. It is not, or at least it wasn't before this exchange. I already stated that I prefer to lynch AJ over you because I feel you are a greater loss to town if it's a mislynch.

I haven't said lying is a scum tell. I said lying to push a mislynch is a scum tell. The fact that you have accepted mollie as town, regardless of what I consider clear scum motivation, is alarming. In your shoes, if I really felt mollie was lying, I would reassess my town read on her with the utmost urgency. You seem to be set on mollie being town, despite your claims she's lying. This, to me, is incredibly scummy. You're not being flexible, you are rigid.
I think you sum it up quite neatly when you state that only two town flips are going to convince you; if that's the case there really isn't a purpose of our conversation.
Of course there's a point to this conversation. It was entirely possible that you could convince me mollie is indeed deliberately lying to push your mislynch, which in turn would have me reassess my town read of her. I would expect maybe you would do the same. But you're digging your feet in, refusing to back down from your town read, and suggesting my mind was made up long ago. It wasn't, if my mind was made up long ago, why did I try to get some momentum into the MS counter-wagon?

I'm happy with my vote.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

I hope you see what I meant by saying I'm a weaker voice, at least, by now.

@Rach: I guess I might've thought you were scum once, but in most of my games, the first big wagon that's being pushed at the end of D1 is one that I feel is town, but that the rest of the players really want to lynch.

I'unno, maybe one day, people will listen to me.

I think 2 is town.
But we've only got 3 days.
I don't wanna vote 2.
But there's a chance I'm wrong and 2's scum.
So
I don't know what to think.
I think 2's a better town player if 2 is town than most of you guys.
But this -is- a game with 20 players.
We can mislynch a few, I think.
I don't wanna.
But we can.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

^This post, makes me want to facepalm so fucking hard, I would break my forhead^
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 7:09 am

Post by waynegg »

"I've never rolled a scum"

In response to if Nacho/Mollie could differentiate his scum from his town- " I hope not"

VOTE ORC

Obv still reading, and it looks like the vote is all but decided, this is just the best I have to this point. More later providing day doesn't end on me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2647, TiphaineDeath wrote:^This post, makes me want to facepalm so fucking hard, I would break my forhead^
Thanks for being civil, cool, and pointing out what you might not like about the post and how it factors into the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”