TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 3:59 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2348, GuyInFreezer wrote:also rev I know you townread on varsoon but are you still curious why I see him as town?
If there's more than the "town mindset" you speak of, then yes, I'm curious. I'm also interested in why MS is town.

In the meantime...
vote - aj the epic

In actual game events, we only have 1 claim (Sven/Rev's) which caused a lot of discussion. He claimed Miller first and 10 pages later added tracker. On switch-in, Rev only claimed Miller. Later admitted to full claim being true, said he didn't want to full claim his power role even though he expected to get lynched. Something about "Oh trackers are useless anyways..."
This is painting a really scummy picture. I could accept this if AJ had demonstrated that he thinks I'm scum, but this isn't the impression I've been getting from him. In fact this recent post of his is the 4th time I see "rev" in his entire ISO, and one of those is in "forever". He has sven leaning scum while he's around, but he hardly mentions me. Yet the impression I get from this quoted paragraph is one of extreme doubt. Why hasn't he been pressing me if this is how he feels?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Venmar »

Nawh, trackers are good. Add reverend to the town pile.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Cabd »

Also, Varsoon, I'm gonna pencil you in as the VI (not not the player) for now. Looked back at some of your past games and yeesh.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:45 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

TMTOLBTWNTOF and Sajin were prodded.
beefycheese
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

hey cabd can I have your undivided attention plz!!!

do I have your attention now? do I? I hope so.

let's have a talk.

I will let you in on a little seekrit. it is a joke amongst some people who knows us that majiffy is not the real beast in this duo that it is actually me. I am the beast. you know why? cos as mean and abrasive as majiffy gets he is nothing like me when I actually lose my temper. I get downright mean and nasty. I mean
mean
. but I had a fairly recent event in march that guess what! I can't talk about cos it has to do with an ongoing game! that made me want to do better about controlling my temper. so I am trying. I am
trying really hard.
but you are seriously pushing it. so let's have this convo just once and be done with it, sound good?
In post 2345, Cabd wrote:Let me be clear.

I'm not saying 2 is reading town in my book. It's still leaning scum because despite the answer I think the 4 thing was a slip.

However. I'll be damned if I lynch ANYONE on "evidence" that doesn't fucking exist.
let's stop here. not being shown and not existing are two very different things. do you understand this? <----- this is a question I want you to answer. I want to make sure you understand. it is a yes or no question I don't want to hear anything else but yes or no.
I figured out what I was feeling a few posts ago. The word I was searching for was "unethical"

It is unethical as fuck to push a lynch on "illegal" evidence that you can't even speak about.

As far as I'm concerned, until you (BB) and nacho present the other parts of the case, you have no case.
here it is. here is that line. if you are accusing someone of being unethical you might as well accuse them of cheating cos it boils down to the same thing when you remove the grey areas. cheating, is against site rules and is a bannable offence. so let's not go there okay? cos that will just cause a lot of really unnecessary bad feelings all the way around.

so let's address the misrep you are trying to push. okay? are you with me? okay.

you are saying that nacho and I are pushing cases based on "evidence" that we cannot reveal.
you are wrong.
my case on the fery half of 2 is meta that has been gleaned from over 50 games. that's right. you heard me. mindboggling isn't it. we have played
that
much together. when you have that played many times together you develope a history together and more importantly learn to read each other. where we are at now is that the history is getting in the way of the reads. we probably won't be playing any more games together.

fery is doing her scummy fery thing. from her exchanges with sven, to her hedging her read on sven, to her lack of scumhunting. she is providing content and reads but as mac pointed out there is a cautiousness to them that is completely out of character for her. when fery scumhunts she pursues her suspects and runs them down and pins them and she is not doing that at all in this game. her scum list consists of easy to lynch players i.e. low hanging fruit. nacho has a scum read on buldey and I am trusting him on it. add them both together and you get 2. hehe, get it? I am trying to be funny here. I also have a light scum read on buldey just based off his play. the only thing that remotely looks genuine was his outrage that I would think that he would spam the thread intentionally as a scum tactic. his outrage looked genuine and it probably is cos all that he is saying here is that he spams the thread regardless of alignment. <----- alignment neutral so he gets no points for genuine outrage. everything else looks vaguely scummy and his epic flail earlier looks like scum who has been caught not frustrated town. nacho and I will talk and we will go from there.

^^^that is my case on fery. so don't you dare misrep me about it again. okay?

now let's address that you have your own scum read on 2. okay, good! so you will not be voting 2 because we are asking you to you will be voting 2 because of your own scum read. okay? that settles everything. I was talking to mac, nacho and orc. not you. don't take it personally but I was not addressing you when I made that comment. at all. period. end of story. I have played with mac and orc before, I am reading them as very town and so that is who I am directly working with. I am also wanting to work with rev too. right now I am trying to get a read off of andy but it is trickier cos I do not know him and will probably need nacho's help to sort it. I like my exchanges with andy. he is fun. unfortunately fun is not alignment indicative.

so anyways I hope we understand each other now and maybe we can find some way to work together. :D
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:47 am

^ that was mollie btw
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:49 am

Post by TheReverend »

I'm pretty sure venmar is town. I was thinking it before his most recent post, but I wanted to see what he had to say about me before saying that. I'm sure he won't appreciate me reminding him, but in masons, I sniffed his scummy backside out pretty much instantly. He was first scum to die in a game that scum were totally owned by town, thanks mainly to me, djd and om. If in this game he replaced into a scum slot, I'd expect him to be very concerned about me. But I don't sense that. He reacted to pressure in that game with weak OMGUS at me, djd and om. This doesn't feel like the scum venmar I owned the shit out of in masons. Anyway, I'll try not to keep referring to that game, because while it's my finest game at this site, it's probably his worst. But it's relevant right now because my initial townread on ven is based on that game.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Cabd »

Yes, I'm aware of the distinction.

That's all I really wanted out of the exchange was to hear your case aside from the ongoing game stuff. See? It just took me apparently pissing you off to get it.

Can I have your case on AJ too, please?
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:54 am

Post by TheReverend »

One huge venmar town tell for me that I forgot to mention is that venmar in masons was looking for scummy targets from the outset. Here he seems to be looking for town, thinning the pool.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Venmar »

That game was a shitfest Reverend, lol. I was really confused half the time cause I didn't understand the setup fully.

You did play well though.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 am

Post by TheReverend »

Yeah scum were really unfortunate both me and DJD were vanilla and quickly put our trust in each other. I played that one really strategically, and seeing as I got shot twice, I think I played it well too. I only wish that was me every game lol.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1359, TheReverend wrote:Haha explain to me please how I scumslipped, because that would be a rather impressive thing for town to do.

I do not care if I am lynched today. I would go as far as to encourage it if there's serious doubt about my role. But you can at least wait for me to read up and post my thoughts.
In post 1452, TheReverend wrote:
In post 1449, ² wrote:I'm not liking Rev for 1446. The part b) explanation of post 1365 seems fabricated based on 1446.

- b
Here's your link to my watcher game... http://www.forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopi ... 23&t=23831
My flavour was gay spiderman. That raised a few chuckles.

I don't care if you don't like my explanation. My flip will show you that my thought process is sincere, although flawed. I wouldn't be so quick to post crock of crap explanations if I were scum.
If I'm scum, I can defend against not declaring tracker role quite easily, without having to say it's not a great role in my experience. I can just say "I had no intention of claiming tracker on d1", which there is truth in. I'm surprised that sven full claimed tbh. I wish he hadn't.

I understand why my slot is a problem for you guys. But you have to ask why as scum sven would first of all claim miller, then full claim miller-tracker for no apparant reason,
and why I would come in and say stuff like "tracker role sucks" without having the means to back my comment up.
I'm a lot more careful, at least I try to be, when scum. I tend to be haphazard when town, because I just post what I think and don't worry about how it's perceived by town. When scum, I read back my posts to try and make sure I'm not fucking up. Of course, this is self-meta, which isn't of any use to anyone who doesn't know my game. But jiffy is aware of my town game, and he knows I can be all over the place.

Here, have my only scum game on this site... http://www.forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopi ... =1&t=23589
All my other games on MS are town. I can link scum games from another site I play at if required.
You say I'm painting a scummy picture of you. No, rather I am simply restating what you already said.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:03 am

Post by TheReverend »

The language you used didn't give that impression aj.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:05 am

Post by TheReverend »

Ok let me ask you aj... are you leaning scum or town with me? How has your miller read evolved since sven left?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 2349, Aj The Epic wrote:Hi Venmar.

Recap of this game probably looks like:

2/Aj constant suspects
TMT is scum but no one wants to lynch for some reason. (Had 8 null reads in his one read list)
GIF is town without question
Rev claimed miller/tracker early on in the thread
Varsoon is trolling. Came up with a strategy that almost got people modkilled. Luckily, people actually have played this game before.
Rach is also trolling. But apparently town.
Andrisu and BRO seem to be incredibly busy and so most of their stuff is catch-up posting
Orc, Nacho, BnB, 2 posted way too much early on. 2 still posts way too much.
Cabd is almost certainly town (based on a few townslips)
Majiffy may get leashed by mollie
Metal Sonic has an infamous 2 minute iso of Tiphlaine Death. We're trying to get him to admit he didn't read anything. (he also "read" 30 pages in 15 minutes)
Buldermar (part of 2) posted the first wall he's ever posted (I guess)

In actual game events, we only have 1 claim (Sven/Rev's) which caused a lot of discussion. He claimed Miller first and 10 pages later added tracker. On switch-in, Rev only claimed Miller. Later admitted to full claim being true, said he didn't want to full claim his power role even though he expected to get lynched. Something about "Oh trackers are useless anyways..."
And you fault Rev for this, AJ? Theoretical situation: you start a different game and you read your miller tracker role pm. How do you play it, AJ?

Beauty and the Beast is really really really really really really town btw. Meta+content.

I also think fery is playing with a scum role pm this game. I can't read the other half of the hydra but I do not think this is fery's town game. Way too defensive on various topics for me to think it is a town slot.

vote: 2

(Sorry for not posting more working 2 jobs atm)
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Mac »

is Aj really pushing TMT as scum for having 8 null reads out of 20?

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. sure if we were in a micro game that would be a different story but that is a bizarre reason to try and clarify your "confirmed scum" read.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:32 am

In post 2350, TheReverend wrote:
In post 2348, GuyInFreezer wrote:also rev I know you townread on varsoon but are you still curious why I see him as town?
If there's more than the "town mindset" you speak of, then yes, I'm curious. I'm also interested in why MS is town.

In the meantime...
vote - aj the epic

This is painting a really scummy picture. I could accept this if AJ had demonstrated that he thinks I'm scum, but this isn't the impression I've been getting from him. In fact this recent post of his is the 4th time I see "rev" in his entire ISO, and one of those is in "forever". He has sven leaning scum while he's around, but he hardly mentions me. Yet the impression I get from this quoted paragraph is one of extreme doubt. Why hasn't he been pressing me if this is how he feels?
he doesn't want to commit to any of his reads and leave a trail that can potentially clear town or incriminate his teammates. he is caught scum who is just trying to ride it out until his inevitable lynch. yeah he is scum.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:32 am

Post by ² »

In post 2315, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 2304, ² wrote:
In post 2282, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Is it a problem that I'd like to interact with a slot a good majority of the playerlist disagrees with me on?
It's a problem when you are directly guiding him in his answers to my questions. Stop pretending to be stupid, mollie, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

- b
that was majiffy lol, as if you did not know that

oh yeah I am supposed to be signing my posts

-mollie
I'm not going to spend my time figuring out who wrote what when you could just be signing your posts. I thought I was talking to you.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:37 am

Post by ² »

In post 2331, Cabd wrote:@bork can you at least confirm that you did in fact tell BB/Nacho they could not post a certain amount of information?
I'll personally jump off a cliff if bork comments on this.

- b
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Mac »

also mollie I really liked your I'm-not-angry-but-I-really-am post. it was amusing and truthful.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Mac »

In post 2369, Mac wrote:also mollie I really liked your I'm-not-angry-but-I-really-am post. it was amusing and truthful.
so much so that you are cemented as town, regardless of Majiffy's efforts to ruin it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2349, Aj The Epic wrote:Hi Venmar.

Recap of this game probably looks like:

2/Aj constant suspects
TMT is scum but no one wants to lynch for some reason
. (Had 8 null reads in his one read list)
GIF is town without question

Rev claimed miller/tracker early on in the thread
Varsoon is trolling.
Came up with a strategy that almost got people modkilled. Luckily, people actually have played this game before.
Rach is also trolling.
But apparently town.
Andrisu and BRO seem to be incredibly busy and so most of their stuff is catch-up posting
Orc, Nacho, BnB, 2 posted way too much early on. 2 still posts way too much.
Cabd is almost certainly town
(based on a few townslips)
Majiffy may get leashed by mollie
Metal Sonic has an infamous 2 minute iso of Tiphlaine Death. We're trying to get him to admit he didn't read anything. (he also "read" 30 pages in 15 minutes)
Buldermar (part of 2) posted the first wall he's ever posted (I guess)

In actual game events,
we only have 1 claim
(Sven/Rev's) which caused a lot of discussion. He claimed Miller first and 10 pages later added tracker. On switch-in, Rev only claimed Miller. Later admitted to full claim being true, said he didn't want to full claim his power role even though he expected to get lynched. Something about "Oh trackers are useless anyways..."

Yeah, this post doesn't look like scum-indoctrinating-town or throwing gas on a fire at all.
Also, it seems like things are pretty divided regarding TD. I'm looking over an ISO and it's a bit harder to read the slot, but my gut still says there is scum there.
However, AJ--I'm not going to let a post of this magnitude of scumminess just go under my radar.
The bold is everything I have a problem with. It's not a sincere recap in the least.
You seem to forgot that I claimed town. Guess you mean PR claims. In that case, then, be specific.
inb4 claiming town means nothing/wifom.

Vote: AJ the Epic

Welcome to the game, Venmar. Name reminds me of Grandia 2 (Valmar was a name in it). Anyway, I do urge that you actually read the game. Your insight could be fresh and move town in a good direction. Also, you have the added benefit of your slot being largely null and walking in very late into the day, so I feel like your commentary would be the most removed from any faction, alignment, etc.

My thoughts on recent stuff:
GIF
, you're playing a really safe game. It scares me.
Sajin
, as you may know, I have 2 as town. Do you know if this particular hydra usually plays town as passive/defensively as they have in this game? I pointed out that while I feel comfortable with how 2's been sussing out town-reads over the course of the game, I also am really paranoid about it.
Cabd
, what about my previous games is making you read me (or my role? I don't quite understand your post) as VI?
Nacho
, where are you? (Is Nacho on VLA?)

I'm -still- reading 2 as town.
I probably will until I die.
Which will suck, should I be wrong.
But I've looked stupider before. /shrug
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 am

Post by ² »

In post 2345, Cabd wrote:It is unethical as fuck to push a lynch on "illegal" evidence that you can't even speak about.
It is, but it happens all of the time. The solution to the problem is obviously to allow all talk about ongoing games site-wide - I don't understand why the rule was made in the first place because you can't really ignore available information, you can only whistle and act as if it's not there and your decision is based on something else.

But that's all besides the point in this game. Mollie is making a mistake with her meta-read as evident by us being town, but we can't actually point out that mistake. In effect, she is abusing (perhaps not deliberately) the fact that she is prohibited from bringing into this game the details about the content of the ongoing game that she is already referring to (that is, she could do this exact thing as scum as well and pretend to have a meta read from an ongoing game, knowing that she couldn't be questioned on it because that would be against the rules, and there is no way to refute this hypothesis). The most likely scenario is that she found something that easily could be refuted, but since she can't talk about it she wont realize that and she also can't just pretend it's not there and ignore it. This all boils down to the rules being retarded as fuck.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 am

Post by ² »

In post 2349, Aj The Epic wrote:Buldermar (part of 2) posted the first wall he's ever posted (I guess)
This is incorrect. Back in the day I almost exclusively posted walls.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:56 am

Post by ² »

In post 2354, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:let's stop here. not being shown and not existing are two very different things. do you understand this? <----- this is a question I want you to answer. I want to make sure you understand. it is a yes or no question I don't want to hear anything else but yes or no.
If you were this condescending to me I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

- b

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”