Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Post by Zindaras »

the silent speaker wrote:Hmm, plainly you're not familiar with it, then. The original "curious incident of the dog in the night-time" was a line from the Sherlock Holmes story
Silver Blaze
. When Watson protested that the dog did nothing in the night-time, Holmes responded that that was the curious incident.
Oh.

The book's better. The dog dies in that one. >.>
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Lowell »

My other head is gone, but I also don't care. Having two heads sort of ruins one's social life.
Courk
Courk
Townie
Courk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Courk »

Frustian replaces RangeroftheNorth
OverTheUnder replaces Mgm
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:36 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

Sup
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Don't say "Sup", we are trying to look sophisticated.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:40 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

Oh, my bad. Good day fine chaps.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:49 am

I just re-read PJ's posts to check whether he had made it clear who he wanted lynched Yesterday. He had not. He only made it clear moments before the lynch, so I say my mistaken view that PJ wanted spec/kleb lynched is very much understandable.

Post 935 also caught my eye. In hindsight I realize that that post may well have been meant as a sort of "shush, stop talking silly Glrok"-post.

Frustian
Frustian
Townie
Frustian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Frustian »

Just posting to say I'm here, How's it going so far :P

[I'll probably read through some of the pages soon, but right now I'm not up to reading the 46 page monster XD]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 am

Sorry, Frustian, your partner already confessed.

Frustian
Frustian
Townie
Frustian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Frustian »

To having no avatar?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:30 am

That and being scum.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I just re-read PJ's posts to check whether he had made it clear who he wanted lynched Yesterday. He had not. He only made it clear moments before the lynch, so I say my mistaken view that PJ wanted spec/kleb lynched is very much understandable.

Post 935 also caught my eye. In hindsight I realize that that post may well have been meant as a sort of "shush, stop talking silly Glrok"-post.
Considering I never voted for spec/kleb but instead poked them with questions, I thought it was pretty clear I did not think lynching them (simply on the suspicion that they
might
be cult) was an optimal move. I suppose I can see where you're coming from, but it's generally hard to lynch somebody when:
a.) There is a separate, confirmed scum; and
b.) You don't even bother to vote for them

And I am going to need to see an explanation for your take on my Post 935. I was trying to get Glork to
talk
more, so that I might be able to finger his partner(s). How did you get the impression I was "telling him to 'hush'"?

Amb, why did you want Nightson to claim in particular?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Frustian
Frustian
Townie
Frustian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by Frustian »

Sorry, but I was busy reading the pages then did some crap for a while... but who is the confirmed scum?

@CES it's hard to confess that when we are not scum.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

We had confirmed scum in Glork/MoS yesterday (Day Four), Frustian, since they had claimed. There was pretty much no way the town was not going to lynch them. That's essentially why I find it somewhat difficult to believe that CES would seriously believe I was trying to push for a lynch on kleb/spec when they only
might
have been scum, and based to a theory (cult) which we had no evidence of at the time.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Amb »

PJ: I think Nightson is mafia, and I want a claim from him. I want him to blatantly lie, or tell the complete and total truth. Whichever he does, I think that specifically that claim will be important later one.

Welcome new head. Surgical transplants can do amazing things these days. And those two bottles with preservative will make excellent discussion pieces. You know, the ones with the head of Hy and the head of Mr North in them. Though I do advise against drinking the yellowy liquid they sit within...
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Amb »

*BUmp*
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:54 am

Djelibeybi wrote:And I am going to need to see an explanation for your take on my Post 935. I was trying to get Glork to
talk
more, so that I might be able to finger his partner(s). How did you get the impression I was "telling him to 'hush'"?
Well, we both know Glrok is too good a player to just give out information willynilly as scum. I think Glrok's previous post at that point certainly gave us information. By being so direct and upfront about it you ensured Glrok would stop. If you had nudged him, maybe asked some critical questions about why he thought I was an SK, he might've unwittingly revealed more.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:55 am

Djelibeybi wrote:And I am going to need to see an explanation for your take on my Post 935. I was trying to get Glork to
talk
Well, we both know Glrok is too good a player to just give out information willynilly as scum. I think Glrok's previous post at that point certainly gave us information. By being so direct and upfront about it you ensured Glrok would stop. If you had nudged him, maybe asked some critical questions about why he thought I was an SK, he might've unwittingly revealed more.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

How closely did you read Glork's posts, CES?

Look at Post 933, and then tell me I should have asked Glork "why he thinks you are the SK" in Post 935. From what I can tell, he is trying to present a "process of elimination" explanation. If I had asked him to explain why he thought you were SK, I guarantee he would have just said something like "try reading my last post".

The fact is, Glork seemed to be in a "talkative" mood, so I figured I might be able to take advantage of that and get him to answer a question or two. In retrospect, I wish I had asked the questions one at a time instead of all at once, since he would have less time (while responding) to think about changing his answers or realizing it would probably be stupid of him to have answered my questions. If I had managed to get him in a direct conversation with me, I may have been able to get him to slip up or reveal something.

Glork might be a 'good player', but everybody makes mistakes: as you can see, I caught him making a mistake when responding to the "investigation" from spec/kleb (he certainly didn't respond like an innocent townsperson would), and I caught him on a second mistake (or at least I think so) with his wording of "I do NOT want to see [cross-kills] happen". There was no guarantee that Glork would keep/stop talking simply because I asked him questions. I would have felt
considerably
stupider if I had
not
tried to ask him questions. Better to have tried and failed than to have not tried at all.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I owe the recent posts a more thorough read, but I see CES as the most manipulative as I skim. Gut.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Limited to no access this Friday/Saturday.

Also, MBL, seriously you are never on AIM. Please try to be on sometime this Sunday; I think we need to talk.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:42 am

Djelibeybi wrote:Look at Post 933, and then tell me I should have asked Glork "why he thinks you are the SK" in Post 935. From what I can tell, he is trying to present a "process of elimination" explanation. If I had asked him to explain why he thought you were SK, I guarantee he would have just said something like "try reading my last post".
That's why I said "critical questions why he thought I was the SK". Nitpicky questions about that post 933("but couldn't Nightson have been going for this?", sort of thing) is what I meant.

FoS: Djelibeybi
for misrepresenting me.
Djelibeybi wrote:The fact is, Glork seemed to be in a "talkative" mood, so I figured I might be able to take advantage of that and get him to answer a question or two. In retrospect, I wish I had asked the questions one at a time instead of all at once, since he would have less time (while responding) to think about changing his answers or realizing it would probably be stupid of him to have answered my questions. If I had managed to get him in a direct conversation with me, I may have been able to get him to slip up or reveal something.
This is, in essence, what I meant. Asking him questions is perfectly pro-town, but the way you asked them could only lead to him shutting up.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:58 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I have like half an hour before I leave for Mock Trial, so:

Let's see the sequence of posts in question.

Post 933 by Glork, where he postulates that CES is SK.

Post 934 by CES. CES had an opportunity here to ask Glork any questions he wanted. So what does he ask?
CES wrote:Do you really think I would kill Ibby? I'd totally kill DGB and Coron, but certainly not Ibby. I might kill Fritz, but not twice.
This question was not going to do
anything
. 100% guarantee that Glork's response was going to be "Yes". And for all we know, Glork was trying to distance himself from his partner in that very post by accusing CES of being the SK (which may in turn cause a SK purposely
not
target CES hoping that they would be able to lynch him instead, assuring that CES lives through the night).

I had just come back home from classes (as you can read) when I made Post 935. Question #3 wasn't the smartest thing to ask in retrospect, but my other questions had potential for receiving an answer. I didn't exactly have a full day to sit down and determine what questions Glork was most likely to slip up on: I read the thread and posted what I thought.

I think you are really trying to stretch to make MBL and I look like scum here. Accusing somebody of "hushing another player" by
asking questions
is about as dumb an accusation as I've seen. I can see how MBL thinks you are trying to manipulate things (which I am agreeing with) to your advantage.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:09 am

My primary goal in Post 934 was defending myself.
Djelibeybi wrote:Accusing somebody of "hushing another player" by
asking questions
is about as dumb an accusation as I've seen.
Firstly, it did hush the player and not without reason.

Secondly, it's about the
manner
in which you asked questions. Stop misrepresenting me, scumbag.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:24 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

:roll:

Since I
know
I was in no way trying to tell Glork to "hush", you can't seriously expect me to think there is any merit in your "argument" whatsoever. I was trying to get more information out of him -- I frankly don't care if you are trying to construe it to mean I was actually trying to get him to "shut up", because it's not true.

If it weren't for the fact that I would like to catch another scum before the day is through, I would vote you right now. Pretty sure you're either the N1 Cultist or a remaining Mafiate right now.

Don't lynch anybody before I'm back, if you please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”