Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1347, ² wrote:
In post 1344, Mac wrote:
In post 1342, ² wrote:
In post 1334, Mac wrote:
In post 1332, ² wrote:
In post 1306, Mac wrote:buldermar you are being very tentative with your scum reads. And I can't remember you ever being this tentative.
I think I've been pretty straightforward, I just havn't spend time trying to read all of the players in this game yet. Which of my reads do you think I'm being tentative with? I'll try to elaborate on my thoughts.

- b
your scum reads. they are "maybe A, maybe B, and one of {X/Y/Z} - it's cautious for you.
How the hell is that being cautious? Is it not plausible that I simply havn't made a strong scum read (not counting TD) at this point in time?

- b[/quote

if we were like 10 pages in and 200 posts then I would accept this counter argument. but as it stands there are 54 pages and 1342 posts and you are telling me that you have not gathered a single strong scum read from any of them? this is either poor scumhunting or fencesitting, and since I know you are a good player, I'm going for the latter.
I'm about to lose my temper, but I'll try to remain calm. I have not read nearly any of the longer posts, and many of the shorter ones, just to stay up with the pace of this game. It's inadequate time if anything, which does result in poor scumhunting in the sense that scumhunting efficiency correlates with time invested. I've asked f to sign up as a hydra in games with me rather than individual players because that way I hoped to not be forced to spend more time that I can afford right now (she can confirm, but that probably doesn't work for you).

- b
yep. I'm switching from my main to the 2 account as my pre-ins have come up. There's an example in the micro queue. 182 I think.

- f
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1350, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1347, ² wrote:I'm about to lose my temper, but I'll try to remain calm. I have not read nearly any of the longer posts, and many of the shorter ones, just to stay up with the pace of this game. It's inadequate time if anything, which does result in poor scumhunting in the sense that scumhunting efficiency correlates with time invested. I've asked f to sign up as a hydra in games with me rather than individual players because that way I hoped to not be forced to spend more time that I can afford right now (she can confirm, but that probably doesn't work for you).

- b
yep. I'm switching from my main to the 2 account as my pre-ins have come up. There's an example in the micro queue. 182 I think.

- f
sigh
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

Dear game: I'm sorry I keep forgetting that you exist.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

TheReverend replaces Svenskt Stål!
beefycheese
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Hi guys, it will obviously take some time for me to read up.

unvote
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Spoiler: Up To Page 43
In post 704, Svenskt Stål wrote:beauty and the beast, start signing your post.
You'd have to be an idiot to not know who is

Right, forgot who I was talking to.
In post 872, RachMarie wrote:I forget but someone asked about why I was leaning Town on Cabd
Me. Thanks.
In post 898, ² wrote:
In post 649, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Alright I'm off to sleep. Someone make sure Buldermar doesn't have access to a keyboard tomorrow so I don't come back to another 25 pages.
:neutral:
Well? You got back on and look! Another 30 fucking pages!
In post 906, ² wrote:Maybe I was biased because he has been scum the last trillion games we have played together, and he has been trying to get me lynched in all of them.
Well I can't kill you cuz you're obvtown and protective roles are always on you, so my only choice is to try to get you lynched!
In post 934, ² wrote:I had to go back five pages to find where I last posted. Wow.
Imagine having to go back 30.
In post 952, TiphaineDeath wrote:Classic backing down in response to reverse pressure, lynch this scum please.
Kind of like your classic vote-the-most-viable-wagon-that-isn't-you?

Ghostlin is firming up towards a town read.
In post 1047, Mac wrote:also feels like a major townslip.
If it didn't look forced, it sure would.

p-edit: Hey Rev.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Ok I was going to decide whether to claim miller or not after I'd read, but I see my predecessor already has.

Confirm I am miller.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1356, TheReverend wrote:Ok I was going to decide whether to claim miller or not after I'd read, but I see my predecessor already has.

Confirm I am miller.
You just scumslipped.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2 is also scum. I'm hungover, so reluctant to properly catchup in a lot of my games. I'll be around.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Haha explain to me please how I scumslipped, because that would be a rather impressive thing for town to do.

I do not care if I am lynched today. I would go as far as to encourage it if there's serious doubt about my role. But you can at least wait for me to read up and post my thoughts.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1357, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1356, TheReverend wrote:Ok I was going to decide whether to claim miller or not after I'd read, but I see my predecessor already has.

Confirm I am miller.
You just scumslipped.
I think I see where, but to be sure can you clarify?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Your predecessor claimed Miller Tracker before he went out. I could see you claiming Miller as town Miller Tracker, sure. I could not see you playing the whole "I don't care if I'm lynched today" if you were also a power role on top of the miller aspect, though. I also didn't like that you had excuses for the late Miller claim after replacing in.

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Going to wait for reverend to post his thoughts but yeah.

That's pretty incriminating.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Will wait for him to post thoughts before making a call, though. Sven was coming off as very town to me.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yeah, so I was right after all. That's exactly what I was thinking.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 48, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 46, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Can you explain this
Gut.
Alarm bells. GuyInFreezer is my first scum read. The use of "gut" to explain a townread is weak, imo.

Orc is very probably town though. He's pressing people, scumhunting, he's even questioning why people have a scumr ead on him. I'm only up to page 4 but orc is easily the most active person.
In post 76, Cabd wrote:If sven is town, mafia would be staying far away from this entire thing, IMO. Let us whip ourselves into a frenzy while they sit back and pop popcorn.
I like this post. I've been scum before with two legit miller claims out there. I was happy to sit back and let town warp itself into a steaming pile of wtf.

Here, have my flavour too... Tyrea, Colonist Aligned Miller Tracker.

I don't care if I die today because a) miller sucks and causes too many problems for town, and b) tracker is not a great role, in my experience.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Sorry I've got my posts mixed up, multitabbing etc.

He claimed tracker as well? This is why I wanted to read up before claiming. If I was just miller, I would've just claimed first post. But the fact I have a PR on top of my miller role means that I wanted time to assess my move.
I also didn't like that you had excuses for the late Miller claim after replacing in.
You expect me to know he's claimed miller before I post? I posted, what, 4 minutes after mod confirms I'm in... clearly I haven't read anything at this stage.

I'm town miller, and yes I'm tracker too.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

Beyond this tag be storyline spoilers quoted from TVT:
Spoiler:
Tyrea is Yumea's daugther, and by extension Kallian's half-sister and an agent working for the Bionite order. She helps Yumea conspire to assassinate Sorean's daugther, Melia in the High Entia Tomb, but is interrupted and defeated by Shulk's group before she has a chance to kill her. She then escapes after her defeat and isn't seen again until after the Mechonis Core events where more of her origins are discovered. The party finds Tyrea in the front gates of Colony 6 and discover that Tyrea is Yumea's daugther by Melia. After recovering on Junks, she leaves the Colony only to find trace energy of Ether before being attacked. The party will then witness a Telethia attack the colony reconstruction HQ, and follow it to Makna Forest. When the party encounters the Telethia, initially thinking it to be a transformed Tyrea, they engage and defeat it. However, Tyrea soon appears unscathed and reveals the Telethia was actually her mother, Yumea, and thanks them for granting her peace before leaving herself. It is also revealed during this sidequest that she is also a half-Hom, despite her long wings.

I could see the miller fitting with flavor maaaaaybe, but it's nothing definite.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 112, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 105, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Nacho your recent actions are weird why'd you vote sven
Cabd's town as fuck, GiF is town as fuck, you're town as fuck, I can't lynch buldey on Day 1 because he is so great but ffery's posts will tell me their alignment.
MS is a boring vote.
Sven isn't towning hard enough for me yet.
Nacho, why the "town as fuck" read on GiF? Forgive me if something has been said since this post that implies town, but up until this post he's my sole scum read. Agree about cabd and orc though.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 114, BROseidon wrote:I'll buy Sven's miller claim for now.
This guy is scummy. Leaving the miller around is a beautiful scum strategy, because as endgame approaches, the miller becomes easier and easier mislynch bait.

GiF and BRO so far.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Sajin »

Sven/Reverend is still town.

In post 1361, Nachomamma8 wrote:Your predecessor claimed Miller Tracker before he went out. I could see you claiming Miller as town Miller Tracker, sure. I could not see you playing the whole "I don't care if I'm lynched today" if you were also a power role on top of the miller aspect, though. I also didn't like that you had excuses for the late Miller claim after replacing in.
Really Nacho? Are you town this game?

I need to read some more fferylit.

@Varsoon: Do you have any intention of addressing any of the points I brought up against you in post 1006? Or will you continue to not answer concerns?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

I dig above post

Except for nacho comment. Nacho is town
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

His reads suck though

GiF and BRO are both town.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by TheReverend »

I think nacho is town too, but I'm only up to beginning of page six.

So far...
Town = orc, cabd and to lesser extent nacho
Scum = GiF, BRO

Everyone else is null. I'm going to bed, it's 4am here, I will resume my read through tomorrow afternoon.

pedit - lol... to be fair orc, my reads are based on first six pages, and you're giving BRO a pretty hard time at that stage of the game.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Metal Sonic may be town. 1153.
In post 1166, Varsoon wrote:Ghostlin - Scum.
Mac - Town.
2 - Null-lean-scum.
TD - Null.
B&B - Null-lean-scum.
No, No, Probably Not, No, Why.
In post 1181, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:if metal flips scum I bet money rach is his partner
I doubt either of them will be flipping scum.

Really don't dig Varsoon's 1192 at all.
In post 1337, ² wrote:B & B is almost without a doubt town.
You know, if people would stop saying this, we might actually live to day 2.
In post 1357, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Confirm I am miller.
You just scumslipped.
I don't see it.
In post 1361, Nachomamma8 wrote:Your predecessor claimed Miller Tracker before he went out. I could see you claiming Miller as town Miller Tracker, sure. I could not see you playing the whole "I don't care if I'm lynched today" if you were also a power role on top of the miller aspect, though. I also didn't like that you had excuses for the late Miller claim after replacing in.
This is a whole lot of wat to me.
In post 1362, BROseidon wrote:Going to wait for reverend to post his thoughts but yeah.

That's pretty incriminating.
In post 1364, Cabd wrote:Yeah, so I was right after all. That's exactly what I was thinking.
I very strongly dislike both of these posts.
In post 1372, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:His reads suck though
His reads always suck, except when they're the same as mine.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”