Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:38 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:But Zindy, do realize that Cult recruiters don't have the advantage of numbers to begin with.
That's balanced out and far more by the facts that:

-They get to recruit confirmed townies. Suddenly, confirmed town becomes unconfirmed town. Suddenly, Cops become Cult. It's a huge hit against the town.

-They're unknown. I've seen Cults win simply by virtue of staying hidden, as one of PJ's linked games proves. If the town had known that there was a Cult, I'd guess that they would have gotten rid of Cult.

-Assume twenty players. 5 Mafiates is usually used in that kind of setup. Depending on the amount of correct lynches, it will take the Mafia 5-9 cycles to win (6 if there are no Mafia lynches, 9 if there are 3 Mafia lynches). A growing Mafia can still win the game even if the town lynches correctly every day, as long as they don't hit the recruiter. Their "time to win" is about equal to a 4-player Mafia.

This particular advantage of the Cult is balanced out by the fact that they can't expand anymore when the recruiter dies (though, again, the version I'm used to simply disbands when the leader's gone).

Cults are vastly more powerful than Mafia. Simple as that. Far more difficult to get rid of, far more difficult to find, and far more powerful because there are no clear anti-Cult roles. The example above assumes a Mountainous game, when games are not very often Mountainous. BGs and such are all very much anti-Mafia roles, but not anti-Cult roles. One could even argue that a Cop isn't going to be much use against a Cult, as it'll get cultivated as soon as he claims. Uncultables and other anti-Cult roles such as Alarmists (Cult-BGs) are way way underused.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Lowell »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm going to go so far as to call this game right now, with 80% confidence:

CES: cult, recruited night one
Zindy: cult, recruited last night
nightson: scum
amb/pj/lowell: two townies and one vig/sk

Now we can discuss how to proceed.
I like this picture you've created for me, actually. It fits with what I've been suspecting.

I too very much would say that PJ is non-scum. His infatuation with cult leaders and "the numbers" makes me think he is likely to be the SK/vig.

I also have noticed a change of tone from Zind lateley, and I think being a recruited cultist fits as well as anything.

I would call CES scum rather than cult, but I'm not sure I know what the difference would look like, so whatever.

In any event, I'm very much up for a mass-claim. I don't know if it will help any, but any little info that could pull me out of the darkness here is okay by me.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Zindaras »

A change of tone? That's crap. How can I change my tone if I hardly posted yesterday?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:31 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Might as well return the favor.

Could you link me to games where you've played with Cults, Zindaras? I probably won't be able to even look at them for a week or two, since I can hardly afford to read the games I'm already playing in, but if you could give a short synopsis of each game I would appreciate it.
Zindaras wrote:What is mostly making me wonder is the fact that this Cult seems to have a 100% success chance on townies, which is very much broken, in my ever-so-humble opinion.
Oh man, I have to agree with MBL there. I've read your explanation, and I don't think it holds.
FoS: Zindaras

Cult Leaders are often not told when and why their recruitments fail. What it comes down to is what spec/kleb
thought
was the reason for failed recruitments.

From the interactions between spec/kleb, I don't think they really "knew" whether or not Pooky/Adele was scum. Read back on Day Three. Klebian, from the blue, votes Pooky/Adele and calls them "scum".

But.

When spectrumvoid gets to the thread, she is hesitant, decides that she has to talk to her partner before going any further, and claims that "what makes you think we're lynch-voting?".
This tells me that spectrumvoid was probably aware that a failed recruitment didn't necessarily mean "scum", and that klebian probably did not.
For all they knew, they could have failed recruitment because they were role-blocked. Either way, I sincerely doubt they had 100% confirmation.

Also, I encourage you to look at WoT Mafia. Tamuz the Cult Leader could only recruit certain townspeople (specifically non-channeling females and some males, I don't remember the exact criterions), and he was not told of when and why he failed recruitments. Despite not knowing if failed recruitments lead to scum, he still claimed results on failed recrtuitments during the day. Simply because that might not seem optimal to you doesn't mean other players won't do it.

MBL and I will need to talk.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:01 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

^ I should reword that. I know what I was saying, but I can see how somebody might think "when" and "why" are redundant when I was trying to make two different points.

Tamuz the Cult Leader... was not told
ahead of time
when he would fail recruitments, or why he would fail recruitments (such as whether or not he was role-blocked or simply failed to recruit).
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'm working on assembling all my previous experiences with Cults, but it's taking a while.

Lots of games.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Djelibeybi, you said you'd restate your case against me. I'm trying to give the town a chance to win this game, but all you do is argue pointlessly with an obvious cultist.
:nothelpful:
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Zindaras »

petroleumjelly wrote:Could you link me to games where you've played with Cults, Zindaras? I probably won't be able to even look at them for a week or two, since I can hardly afford to read the games I'm already playing in, but if you could give a short synopsis of each game I would appreciate it.
Not in exact chronological order:

Ghost Mafia: I got recruited the same night I attempted to kill the unkillable Leader. Cult wins eventually. The Cult Leader's role was as follows:
You're the cult leader. You cannot be nightkilled. Each night, you have a 50% of recruiting a player to your group if they're not a ghost, and 25% if they are. The cult disbands if you are killed, and you win if MORE than 50% town is cult.

All Mafia were Ghosts. One of the two SKs was a Ghost. Some of the townies were Ghosts.

Ghost Mafia 2: Sucky follow-up for the original Ghost Mafia. I FoSed the Cult Leader to death (best example of metagaming ever. There was a role that could only die because of FoSes in the original, so I FoSed everyone a thousand times in the second). Role PM was as follows:
The Masked Wanderrer-You are the leader of the cultists, and the only one currently, but each night you have a 50% chance of turning a member of the town into a cultist. Of course, you have to have some better power, so you can't be killed at night, and if investigated by a PO, you will come up as a vanilla townie.
ROLE NOTE: Wins if 50% or more of town is cult. Auto death if FoS'd 6 or more times in all.

MPFG II: Town Aligned Cult. Cult Leader PM as follows (fluff deleted):
Of course, the magic stone of the cult leader doesn’t exactly operate at maximum efficiency when it’s being used for good deeds. It was designed for the purpose of creating ultimate evil, and all. Meaning…you can only attempt to recruit a player every other night.

Well, for starters, you can only recruit town aligned players. If you attempt to convert evil players, the recruiting to cult fails.

Recruiting will also fail if you target a player with a PO or a BG/BG like or type effect.
If a player is successfully converted into the cult, they learn of all the other players in the cult role
names and alignments, but not job descriptions.
(Your job description, for example, is “Cult Leader.”) The castle is under far too tight security for the cultists to gather and wander around, so cultists may not speak to each other at night or day. Once PariahKing and MiDra (the roles) both die, however, security very likely will be loosened and you will be allowed to communicate with fellow cultists at night.

Upon death, anyone who was recruited into the cult appears with their normal role but with the word “cultist” attached to their job description. If you would die, the cult disbands.

You win when all threats to MPFG are eliminated.

There was also a Zombie player, which is kind of a Cult. Mod notes as follows:

Mod Notes:
On nights that are three or multiples of three (3, 6, 9, 12, 15…etc.) Nosy G will succeed in eating someone’s brain. This will turn his victim into a zombie, and they will gain the ability to eat brains themselves. They will also always fail except on nights that are three or multiples of three. If someone gets their brain eaten, it shows up in the DP that so and so’s brain has been eaten alive.

All zombies will survive their first night kill, since they are so hard to hack up. Their attacker will learn, however, that the person they tried to slay was a zombie, and that’s why they failed. Zombies have no protection the second time they are attacked, and because they are so…out of it, being dead and all, they have no knowledge of this. When a zombie dies, they are pronounced dead as
Player Name, Zombie Aligned Zombie + (Whatever Their Role Was Goes Here)
upon death, even though their original alignment has not changed.

If every player alive left is a zombie, the game will end with all the zombies winning, and the land will be over run by zombies.

If Nosy G dies, have him curse Sean Connery.

(I don't know if these were ever posted in thread. I still have the design file. I got lynched quickly in a day where votes were anonymous, so I missed most of it)

Pokemon Mafia: Revive Cult. A horribly flawed concept, as the Cult Leader claimed his role in a mass claim, and almost got lynched. However, the Cult and their revivees (with me among them) managed to get the lethargic town to lynch non-Cult.

Cult Leader role PM (again, fluff removed):

You can't catch these Pokemons when they have too much HP. When a Pokemon is fainted (dead), you're able to catch them.
Each night you're able to send in a name of a player that died or was already dead.
You will try to catch that player and revive it again. From that moment, the Pokemon is yours.
You win when 50% of the liven Pokemons are in your possession.

Ash is cult in other words. He can only convert townies. He can't convert the mafia, individuals, Psychic Pokemons or Haunter.
He can't catch someone day 1 to weaken the cult.

Also, if the Charmeleon role evolved, he would become Cult.

Convoluted Mafia: I died pretty early on, Cult Leader PM was as follows:
You are the Cult Leader. Each night, you may PM me with the name of another player in the game and attempt to recruit that player into the cult. If the cult makes up 50% of the remaining players at any time, the cult wins the game. You win when all other threats are eliminated.

Game wasn't very balanced. I don't think I even read the end of it.

McDonalds Mafia: Game sucked. It got abandoned pretty quickly. We never found out if there even was a Cult, though the dead people list does suggest that.

Alien Mafia: Game three in the list of sucky old games. I find them rather embarrassing to talk about, in retrospect, but the modding really sucked at that time, barring a couple of them. The Cult was Robot Aligned, if my memory serves me well. Again, mod abandoned. Again, we never found out what the Cult's role was.

WotC Mafia: Oh, the humanity. *sighs* Cult Leader got killed Night One, we never found out what the Cult Leader's PM was, as the mod suddenly left.

Lunatic Mafia: Finally a finished game. Cult role was as follows:

Da Chocie: Dark brander the cult master. Had a 60% chance of succseful conversion. If killed cult would cease to exist and all members freed to original aligment.

Ben 50 Dark protector. I thought the cult was going to get screwed early on so Ben here would get killed instead of Dachoice. If that happened he would come up town aligned.

I wrote a summary for it (yeah, we do summaries), which can be found here.

Convoluted Mafia 2: Follow-up for the not-so-good Convoluted Mafia. Again, mod abandonment. Cult Leader got killed Night 2.

Mafia: the Gathering 8: A classic, even if I was rather annoyed by it when it happened. The Cult recruited my reverse-miller Mafia buddy who had claimed Cop, who proceeded to manipulate me into not killing the Cult Leader, then stabbed me in the back. Cult won. 'Nuff said. Cult role (again, fluffless):

ou may target one person each Night. There is a 50% chance that player will become Cult Aligned. You win when the Cult becomes the majority (half) of the population.

Mafia: the Gathering 12: Radiant only recruits the Serra Angels. She recruits on nights 1, 3, and 4 and stages the coup when she has converted two. After the coup, she reveals herself but gains mayoral protection including: cannot be lynched except by unanimous decision from the rest of the town, cannot be killed at night while one of her followers live, any vote not on the player being voted by Radiant only counts at 0.75 weight (takes a two-thirds majority to lynch if Radiant doesn't agree), and each night enacts a law (ala WrathofMegs from MPFG II). If all mafiates are dead then Radiant's Army and players with the win condition "You win when all threats to the Realm have been defeated." win. Those with the win condition "You win when Serra and her Realm are safe from all threats." lose. Radiant is not a threat to the Realm, but is a threat to Serra.

All the Serra Angels were vanilla. I got this particular incarnation lynched for flavour issues, as Radiant revolted against Serra in the MtG storyline.

Zodiac Mafia: Terribly unbalanced game. 3 Mafia, 1 SK, a Cultist and a townie who thought he had no win condition. Cult PM was as follows:
You are one of the worst diseases in the world, and even if all the other diseases on earth wil one day be cureable, you will still reign supreme. Each night, you may spread cancer on somebody else. Successrate is 50%
You win when your cult becomes the majority of the players.The cult disbands upon your death.

Bastard mod note: Successrate is 0%

It was the mod's first game. It was rather sucky.

Ghost Mafia: Return to Ghost Manor: Meant to fix Ghost 2. I designed this together with the mod of the original Ghost. It has two Cults (no Mafia), and I think that those Cults were quite balanced. A summary can be found here. The game was so intricate it's really quite unexplainable without writing up multiple pages.

The first Cult had a Town Aligned Leader who thought he was a Doctor. He could only target any player once, and he'd fail on any non-town player. Upon death, the Cult would persist but no new recruits could possibly be added.

The second Cult had a 10% success rate for every Cultist alive (counting himself and the members of the other Cult, but not the other Cult's leader). He also got an extra 10% if he was FoSed in a day. He had to send in a Cult member's name to do the cultivation, and if he targeted any non-Town player, the player sent would die. To help him a bit, he survived his first death. If he got over a 100% success chance, he'd be able to recruit a second player. If he died, a new Cult Leader would be chosen with the same restrictions.

Blizzard Mafia: A rather meh-ish game. Cult Leader got lynched Day 3, but I wasn't around at that point anymore. PM was as follows:
You are the Protoss Dark Archon, Cult-Aligned Cult Leader. You’ve always aimed to be the top of the Starcraft universe, and you view now as your big chance. Each night, you may PM me a name. There is a chance that that player may be recruited into the cult.
If you die, the cult is disbanded. You may communicate with your fellow cultists only during night.

The cult wins if it composes at least half of the town. Good luck.

Mod Note: Conversion chance is 50% for Town, 25% for Mafia and SK.

That's it as far as finished games are concerned (though I may be missing one or two somewhere). There are some games still running where I suspect/know there's Cult.

As you can see, pretty much all Cults have percentage chances, fail on specific roles, lose members or disband upon death. Cults have become boring and lame. Luckily, there's a "new movement", of which I find Ghost Mafia: RTGM and MtG 12 the best examples, where Cults are different and more innovative.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Zindaras »

petroleumjelly wrote:Also, I encourage you to look at WoT Mafia. Tamuz the Cult Leader could only recruit certain townspeople (specifically non-channeling females and some males, I don't remember the exact criterions), and he was not told of when and why he failed recruitments. Despite not knowing if failed recruitments lead to scum, he still claimed results on failed recrtuitments during the day. Simply because that might not seem optimal to you doesn't mean other players won't do it.
You're missing one important thing. WoT Mafia was a no reveal game, so nobody would know whether or not the Cult Leader was lying about his targets being scum. (assuming that the town/scum roles weren't obvious. I know nothing of the Wheel of Time. It's one of the series I have yet to read)
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:09 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Not helpful"?
PJ, on Monday wrote:I will make a case for you to respond to, although I will clearly need to reserve more time for this game, especially since one wrong lynch probably guarantees a town loss.
I said
yesterday
that I would make a case against you, and that I would do it when I had time to read through the game. I have not had time to read through the game over the course of the past day.

There is no deadline. There is no reason to rush. I will get to it when I get to it. As it is, your early posts (up to probably mid-day 3) are completely useless and almost impossible to "attack", which I am sure you are aware of, since all you did was bandwagon. The biggest reason I think you could be cult is your reaction to the proposal of a Cult Leader yesterday. I wouldn't imagine a cultist would be incredibly enthused in having their Leader being called out when they are so close to lynching somebody they failed to recruit. The fact that you continually pushed the Glork/MoS lynch instead of calling for discussion is probably what bugs me the most. It seemed like you were trying to veer me into other directions.
CES, Post 954 wrote:If there's still a cult leader, then the town doesn't stand a chance in hell,
so there's really no point in taking that possibility into account.
False (as I noted), since there would have been 2 failed recruits.
CES, Post 982 wrote:Jelly, I see dying when attempting to recruit scum as the standard. Really, there are too many "if"s for me to seriously consider a cult currently.
Patently false, as I pointed out before, and as CES admitted when he could come up with one example for this.
CES, Post 993 wrote:I must admit that the 66% cult rate in Courk games is unsettling, but I'll stand by my point of view that lynching Glrok is a better move without a vig claim. The 0% gunsmith rate doesn't mean that much to me. It doesn't get used that often, but I'm sure Courk knows the role. I don't intend to lynch kleb on this evidence.

I get the feeling you're trying to scare the town into doing the wrong things, jelly, with the cult thing.
Despite the fact that Courk uses Cults quite often and has never used a Gunsmith, CES ignores my case. He then follows up by (from what I see) trying to scare me away from continuing the discussion on a possible cult, while doubly trying to paint me as scummy for suggesting a cult.

After I voted Glork/MoS, you say:
CES, Post 1020 wrote:Yay! Jelly has common sense! (This is a good thing.)
That is completely stupid. I never
once
advocated trying to lynch somebody who "might" be cult over a confirmed scum in Glork/MoS. I was going to want to lynch them pretty much no matter what happened, and I made that abundantly clear. This looks like an attempt to make it seem like I was somehow being unreasonable in trying to discuss the possibility of cults, and that in doing so, I was not excercising "common sense". Unlike you, I wanted to make sure the town had a good discussion instead of just lynching.

Upon the beginning of today, all you have to say is:
CES, Post 1039 wrote:I'm town, guys, honest. I feel dumb(I hope PJ's scum, it'll make me feel better about myself.)
Which is no explanation whatsover. The information was laid out for you yesterday, and yet you continually resisted (while making bad arguments for the contrary position) and tried to paint me as scummy for even suggesting the possibility of cult. Now that it turns out MBL/me were absolutely right, you still started the day by trying to make us look like scum.
Imagine
why I just might think you were culted on N1.

Mgm, would you mind posting here? I have seen you post elsewhere on the forums.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:14 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

^ That's a lot of games. I need to get working on a case brief due in less than two hours, so I will read your post later.

As for the Tamuz no-reveal scenario (although I wouldn't expect you to know this), Mastermind of Sin (not Macros) had made the dead list in the first post. I don't recall the deaths exactly, but he put two players in green (to signal town) and one player in red (to signal scum), although exact roles were not revealed, so we did, in fact, think that alignments were revealed to the town at that time, and it was during that Day One where Tamuz claimed that we should wagon Mr. Flay-scum. Sometime later in the game, Macros took away the colors, and we were no longer told player alignments.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:19 am

Post by the silent speaker »

How can I change my tone if I hardly posted yesterday?
You're familiar with the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, I suppose?

Our best-case scenario is one maf, one SK, one cult. Three townies, and it's four to lynch. Therefore the town does not have control. In our worst-case scenario, everyone but me is scum (two maf, two cult, one SK). We, or at least I, need to know what everybody is first, without lynching anybody yet, and then negotiate with the scum to figure out how to manage best advantage.

I've been going over my early early notes to see what of those scumtells still make sense. This isn't the main course, but it can serve as an appetizer.

There was an early connection between
Mini Neo
Lowell/Sprontalic and GlorkOScum. Glork random voted him and FOSed everyone not doing it.
Also Sprontalic hinted that the early spam has nothing of value to the town. I'm sure that it does, and intend to go find it soon. But I don't like the fact that he hinted it. Some general scumminess of the confused-logic variety in Sprontalic's early (and very OMGUSsy) posts, too.

There was a bugging thing of timing from HyToFry, Amb's partner: he randomvoted Fritz directly after Fritz pointed out a legit scumtell, but the scumtell was on non-scum Re2fan, so that's of limited value.

Overall this suggests Lowell is our maf, or one of them. I agree with the notion that Zindaras was culted last night, cf. my first line of this post. There is a scintilla of suspicion that amb is maf or possibly SK. Further thoughts will await real analysis.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Lowell »

Everything I'm reading here leads me to believe the town is screwed. And from the way some of the more vocal players are discussing it, I think that's almost taken for granted at this point. To be honest I'm not even sure what I should be trying to do anymore...

I guess the best chance is to lynch a cult member and hope the other (assuming there is one) is NKed by someone. Another question for people to make fun of me for: if the last cult member is NKed, do they still get to recruit someone that night?

I'll put an
fos zind
fos CES

I guess I'll be convinced to vote for one of the other at some point, unless someone gives me a reason not to.

Piecing together some of their last few posts, it looks like MBL/PJ are pretty happy being labelled SK/Vig. I took that interpretation from MBL's post 1089 and I don't have any reason to think it isn't true.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Amb »

Mr Buddy Lee wrote: CES: cult, recruited night one
Zindy: cult, recruited last night
nightson: scum
amb/pj/lowell: two townies and one vig/sk
I believe this to be completely correct. We lynch CES today, and probably Zindaras tomorrow.

Vote CES/Mgm
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that, and I wouldn't advocate a massclaim at this point. Let me talk to my other head, I think he's advocating the idea of a massclaim at present.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 am

Nuh-uh, let's lynch Zind today.

Lowell, cultists can't recruit, that's what the cult recruiter does(and he's dead.) But, in general, deaths are resolved last, so the cult recruiter probably did get a final recruitment in last Night.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

(That was in response to Lowell, not Amb.)
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Amb »

I want a claim from Nightson. I wont be voting him today, but I want the claim nonetheless.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:07 am

Djelibeybi wrote:I said yesterday that I would make a case against you, and that I would do it when I had time to read through the game. I have not had time to read through the game over the course of the past day.
Meh, I'm impatient and I wouldn't want you to forget.
Djelibeybi wrote:There is no reason to rush.
Yes, there is. There are plenty of scum out there who wouldn't think twice about lynching me and I am most certainly a top suspect.
Djelibeybi wrote:As it is, your early posts (up to probably mid-day 3) are completely useless and almost impossible to "attack", which I am sure you are aware of, since all you did was bandwagon.
I acknowledge that, but I must point out that was a period of inactivity for me.
Djelibeybi wrote:The biggest reason I think you could be cult is your reaction to the proposal of a Cult Leader yesterday. I wouldn't imagine a cultist would be incredibly enthused in having their Leader being called out when they are so close to lynching somebody they failed to recruit. The fact that you continually pushed the Glork/MoS lynch instead of calling for discussion is probably what bugs me the most. It seemed like you were trying to veer me into other directions.
That's understandable, I suppose. But I want to make one thing clear: I thought you were really advocating lynching kleb/spec that Day. I know you didn't specifically say you wanted, but I'm pretty sure you didn't deny it. I got the feeling that
you
were trying to veer the town into other directions, when the obvious course of action was to lynch Glrok.
Djelibeybi wrote:False (as I noted), since there would have been 2 failed recruits.
Okay, that's a mistake, but I will point out that CEScum wouldn't underestimate PJ's diligence. If I had been a Cultist, I would've been imminently aware of the two failed recruits. Do you really think I would lie to you about that sort of stuff then?
Djelibeybi wrote:Patently false, as I pointed out before, and as CES admitted when he could come up with one example for this.
Nuh-uh, I DO see it as the standard. And if I hadn't looked for it, I would still see it as the standard now.
Djelibeybi wrote:Despite the fact that Courk uses Cults quite often and has never used a Gunsmith, CES ignores my case. He then follows up by (from what I see) trying to scare me away from continuing the discussion on a possible cult, while doubly trying to paint me as scummy for suggesting a cult.
I did not in any way ignore your case. I acknowledged both and I explained my take on the latter. And were you scared, Djelibeybi? I'm pretty sure you weren't. As for your final remark, I point you to my fourth response to your quotes.
Djelibeybi wrote:That is completely stupid. I never once advocated trying to lynch somebody who "might" be cult over a confirmed scum in Glork/MoS. I was going to want to lynch them pretty much no matter what happened, and I made that abundantly clear. This looks like an attempt to make it seem like I was somehow being unreasonable in trying to discuss the possibility of cults, and that in doing so, I was not excercising "common sense". Unlike you, I wanted to make sure the town had a good discussion instead of just lynching.
Again, I really thought you were advocating lynching kleb/spec.
Djelibeybi wrote:Now that it turns out MBL/me were absolutely right, you still started the day by trying to make us look like scum. Imagine why I just might think you were culted on N1.
How does that remark attempt in any way to make you look like scum? I sure don't see it.
Djelibeybi wrote:Mgm, would you mind posting here? I have seen you post elsewhere on the forums.
He's being replaced.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

petroleumjelly wrote:^ That's a lot of games. I need to get working on a case brief due in less than two hours, so I will read your post later.
*giggles*

Lots of games, so lots of Cults. Cults were really popular at the moment, too.
As for the Tamuz no-reveal scenario (although I wouldn't expect you to know this), Mastermind of Sin (not Macros) had made the dead list in the first post. I don't recall the deaths exactly, but he put two players in green (to signal town) and one player in red (to signal scum), although exact roles were not revealed, so we did, in fact, think that alignments were revealed to the town at that time, and it was during that Day One where Tamuz claimed that we should wagon Mr. Flay-scum. Sometime later in the game, Macros took away the colors, and we were no longer told player alignments.
Then I applaud Tamuz for gambling. It was a nice play indeed.
the silent speaker wrote:You're familiar with the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, I suppose?
Uhm, yes, actually, I am. Read it once or twice. Good book. Why ask? It doesn't seem to be relevant here.

As for the whole 100% success rate thing, the reason I came to that assumption is as following:

-In all those games I linked to you, only two Cult Leaders claimed an investigative ability, if my memory's not failing me. One started off by claiming he had a targeting role of which he didn't know what it did. Then, when he died his first death, he claimed to have been a burglar Ghost. If I remember correctly, all his "investigations" were on a fellow Cult member or a dead person. This was also the game with no Mafia.

The other one claimed, if I remember correctly, one-shot PO in lylo with guilty on the one unconverted scum (he had converted the other one).

-It didn't make sense for klebbybuns to claim an investigative role if they didn't have a 100% success rate.

-I didn't really understand why everyone was so sure there was two Cult left.

I'm thinking Cessyboy's Cult right now, if I look at what he's doing. For the rest of the scum, I need to actually read the game, which I still haven't done.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Thok »

MGM and RangeroftheNorth are known replacement issues. If anybody ever replaces into this game, they will be replaced. Doubletime even.

Vote Count

CES/MGM (2)(TSS/Nightson, Amb/RangeroftheNorth)

Skruffs/Zindaras (1) (CES/MGM)

Not voting (Lowell/sprontalic, PJ/MBL, Skruffs/Zindaras)

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Amb »

I informed Courk ages ago that I didn't particularly care if my other head wasn't replaced. I hadn't wanted to lose HyToFry in the first place and I never really got any help from RangerOfTheNorth anyways.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 am

I don't particularly care either.

Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Nightson »

Amb wrote:I want a claim from Nightson. I wont be voting him today, but I want the claim nonetheless.
That's nice.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Uhm, yes, actually, I am. Read it once or twice. Good book. Why ask? It doesn't seem to be relevant here.
Hmm, plainly you're not familiar with it, then. The original "curious incident of the dog in the night-time" was a line from the Sherlock Holmes story
Silver Blaze
. When Watson protested that the dog did nothing in the night-time, Holmes responded that that was the curious incident.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”