orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 721, Varsoon wrote:Seriously, though. Orc, stop posting a thousand times.
You can walk away from the phone/computer and do other things for awhile. Not every response needs to be responded to.
Calm your titties.
nah I'm in class

we can talk

aren't you happy about that?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 724, Svenskt Stål wrote:
In post 719, Varsoon wrote:
In post 715, Svenskt Stål wrote:varsoon, ghostlin is a good candidate for what? lynch? I am voting him so that should answer your question

edit, wtf varsoon

I'm a madman.

Honestly, I've got to make plays so that my wildcard reads can be put in scum or town buckets.

I think that ghost could be a good vote. Do you think our vote pressure would drive ghost to respond in interesting ways?
VOTE: Ghostlin
"do i think our vote pressure would drive ghost to respond in interesting ways?"

you sound like a robot and you sound very fake.

STATEMENT: BEEP BOOP ROBOTS ARE YOUR FRIENDS.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 725, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 721, Varsoon wrote:Seriously, though. Orc, stop posting a thousand times.
You can walk away from the phone/computer and do other things for awhile. Not every response needs to be responded to.
Calm your titties.
nah I'm in class

we can talk

aren't you happy about that?

Nah, I already got what I want from you.
I'm a fickle lover.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 718, Svenskt Stål wrote:no i dont know, since he was really fucking town on page 5... so why not go after targets that doesnt seem to be town.

orc, i will have to read up, i havent yet.
In post 142, Svenskt Stål wrote:you do realize that ffer is half decent at being scum right?

calling anyone "town as shit" or "x is town" after 6 pages is too loose, but i think you and orc have done a very good job so far.

i also think i have been towny as fuck.
what
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Andrius »

...this thread exploded.
I'll catchup manana, focusing on another game before sleep tonight.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, there's some hypocritical moments in this game.
/shrug.
I entered the thread and claimed town.
I'm town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by BROseidon »

God dammit I have a super busy day and I end up 20 pages behind. First, specifics:
In post 174, Cabd wrote:No but actually, why the vote, just because he only posted a few times then went raido silent?
Indeed, why him specifically and not any of the other players who jumped in early and then disappeared.
In post 175, Andrius wrote:Look at the timing of these posts.
All in about 15m he goes from "having a Skype meeting" to "reinforcing he's in a meeting" "meeting ended".
I point this out because
a) why is he posting in a meeting
b) they're all in very close proximity.
Good point. Attention to detail makes me think Andy is town.
In post 199, Andrius wrote:...WHY WOULD YOU CLAIM THAT
WHY, AS TOWN, WOULD YOU CLAIM THE OTHER PART OF YOUR ROLE THIS EARLY

I agree with Nacho- I expected a bit more out of Sven than "hi I have three votes and am now claiming more of my role while it is both unnecessary and uncalled for". As scum there is no motivation to do this.
As scum the only reason for doing this is to claim to stay alive but there REALLY isn't this much pressure on his this early.
This. If Svenkst is scum, I will be shocked.
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:Oh, that's what I did in a different game. Don't worry so much about that, Orcinus. I'll be playing pretty regular town today with a bit of sleuthing if I find time for it.
...This in no way contradicts your entrance into the game.
In post 236, Varsoon wrote:@GIF: I know it's okay to link, I'm just saying that I don't like meta. How a player was/what their role was in another game shouldn't be a defense for them in this game.
Their play should be a defense for them in this game.
No. Most players have consistent patterns in how they play town or scum, and it is valid to use knowledge of how other people tend to play different roles to get reads on them. It would be stupid not to.
In post 239, GuyInFreezer wrote:Varsoon is town too.
Why. You said you are good at reading him, so I would like your reasoning here.

253 is a really strong argument.

358 going to cover this entire engagement in a paragraph.
In post 538, Nachomamma8 wrote:Varsoon isn't scum.
Yay, another person who can tell me why he's town. Oh, Beauty and the Beast agrees. I'm not seeing it.
In post 573, RachMarie wrote:GiF needs to post MORE
Why?
In post 617, Aj The Epic wrote:Rach wins worst comment for suggesting ANYONE needs to post more.
There are plenty of us who need to post more. There are players who still have 0 for content.
In post 624, GuyInFreezer wrote:For some reason I feel like I'm invisible every time I'm playing mafia. :T
What do?
What is the point of posting this?
In post 683, Varsoon wrote:I'd prefer to leave other games out of the discussion of this game because people should be judged solely on their performance in this game to find their alignment in -this- game.
You mentioned not liking meta-defenses earlier, I figure you'd actually understand where I'm coming from with this.
Dat misrep. He was referring specifically to not liking meta defenses on meta that doesn't exist in response to a point I had made about Sven's claim. Here:
In post 118, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:It's stupid because "oh because he doesn't have a meta of fake claiming miller so this miller claim must be real!" makes a surprising amount of nonsense. Sven's meta wrt miller claims shouldn't be considered when evaluating it.
Oh, and meta is still a useful tool. You're opposition to it is baffling and seems scum-motivated. Scum start out with more information than town, town should be using every tool available to level the playing field. Meta analysis of players is one of those tools.
In post 692, Svenskt Stål wrote:and they calll me a spammer

VOTE: ghostlin
Care to explain? Cite specific evidence, not just his entire corpus. I don't see the scumminess in there.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:48 pm

In post 714, Varsoon wrote:
In post 710, Svenskt Stål wrote:i think the fact that varsoon goes up against you speaks in his favor.
My case is crap, don't worry about it.
I just wanna see what Orc has to say.

Guess Orc's town, given the responses. I don't wanna let up that easily, though, you know?
In post 719, Varsoon wrote:
In post 715, Svenskt Stål wrote:varsoon, ghostlin is a good candidate for what? lynch? I am voting him so that should answer your question

edit, wtf varsoon

I'm a madman.

Honestly, I've got to make plays so that my wildcard reads can be put in scum or town buckets.

I think that ghost could be a good vote. Do you think our vote pressure would drive ghost to respond in interesting ways?
VOTE: Ghostlin
Calm your titties.
this looks like a scumflail

Do you see why
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 729, Andrius wrote:...this thread exploded.
I'll catchup manana, focusing on another game before sleep tonight.

Questions for You, Andrius:
Do you think TD is scum? Why or why not?
Who are your top three town reads? Why?
Do you think the artificial length of this game is a legitimate threat to town, and, if so, do you think it is a construction on scum's behalf?

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:50 pm

In post 731, BROseidon wrote:Oh, and meta is still a useful tool. You're opposition to it is baffling and seems scum-motivated. Scum start out with more information than town, town should be using every tool available to level the playing field. Meta analysis of players is one of those tools.
I use meta

When I say I think miller meta is bullshit, I was referring to miller meta

You know, the argument that was made earlier in the game that "Because somebody doesn't have a meta of fakeclaiming miller it's very likely that they're town"

Yeah

That argument
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 pm

BRO, give me an opinion on mollie v fery, and on varsoon's alignment?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:52 pm

And when I say varsoon, I mean ghostlin

I was looking at Varsoon's name when I was typing >.<
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Orc: Yeah, and you'd think I'd be more careful, if I was scum. Figure it out.

@BRO: And a good scum player would deliberately play against/manipulate and be aware of his own meta. Meta allows weak players to stay weak, and strong players to manipulate them. It's not a very good approach. There's nothing I can do to stop you from using meta evidence in a case for or against me. I, however, won't rely on it as the foundation for any of my cases.

P-Edit:

Orc can't get me off his mind. :oops:
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:56 pm

In post 737, Varsoon wrote:@Orc: Yeah, and you'd think I'd be more careful, if I was scum. Figure it out.
There's town WIFOM and scum WIFOM

This is not town WIFOM
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 738, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 737, Varsoon wrote:@Orc: Yeah, and you'd think I'd be more careful, if I was scum. Figure it out.
There's town WIFOM and scum WIFOM

This is not town WIFOM
There's town and there's scum.
I'm town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Woot, now for more generalities:

Still like Sven/Nacho/Orc for town. Also liking Andy and B&B a lot. Liking, but less so, Rach and Freezer.

Really not liking Varsoon, especially after the last few pages and with the "we shouldn't use meta" thing. That combined with the WIFOM at the start, makes me really want to know why the people who townread him did so, and what they think of him now?

Also not a fan of TD for reasons that have been stated already, but also kind of iffy on AJ for tunneling TD so hard. Both are scummy, but they probs aren't scum together. AJ, do you have thoughts about the rest of what has been going on?

Think that 2 is likely scum. Nacho is reading super townie and I trust his read on ffery, especially when my gut is giving me the same thing after reading the whole thing. Ffery cracked pretty fucking hard.

Also not a fan of what TMT and dntfuckingcare have done. They have multiple posts with very little to no content. Everyone else is 50 shades of null.

Oh, yeah, VOTE: TD. Think this is the best wagon to jump on right now.

Pedit: Orc, that comment about meta was directed at Varsoon. Formatting ambiguity on my part, oh well. It's 5am and this has taken me three hours. Oh, and there is your opinion on Mollie vs ffery. Yeah, ffery is probs scum. Will parse specifics if I need to post-sleep.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 pm

BRO can also be town.

Don't like the vote on TD over Varsoon though. Varsoon vote would be more constructive if you have equal levels of scumreads on them. But bad town=/=scum

Varsoon literally not one of your posts have ever pinged town to me this game. If you're town you really need to work on it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 740, BROseidon wrote:Woot, now for more generalities:

Still like Sven/Nacho/Orc for town. Also liking Andy and B&B a lot. Liking, but less so, Rach and Freezer.

Really not liking Varsoon, especially after the last few pages and with the "we shouldn't use meta" thing. That combined with the WIFOM at the start, makes me really want to know why the people who townread him did so, and what they think of him now?

Also not a fan of TD for reasons that have been stated already, but also kind of iffy on AJ for tunneling TD so hard. Both are scummy, but they probs aren't scum together. AJ, do you have thoughts about the rest of what has been going on?

Think that 2 is likely scum. Nacho is reading super townie and I trust his read on ffery, especially when my gut is giving me the same thing after reading the whole thing. Ffery cracked pretty fucking hard.

Also not a fan of what TMT and dntfuckingcare have done. They have multiple posts with very little to no content. Everyone else is 50 shades of null.

Oh, yeah, VOTE: TD. Think this is the best wagon to jump on right now.

Pedit: Orc, that comment about meta was directed at Varsoon. Formatting ambiguity on my part, oh well. It's 5am and this has taken me three hours. Oh, and there is your opinion on Mollie vs ffery. Yeah, ffery is probs scum. Will parse specifics if I need to post-sleep.

I'm with you on most of this.
Honestly, I should have probably stuck to the TD wagon and shut my face, although that's too safe a move for my town-play.
VOTE: TD
It's the wagon with some kinetic force. Besides, a good flip is a good flip is a good flip. Plenty of players have weighed in on it and I think there's scum between TD and AJ as you do.

I'm convinced of Nacho/Orc/Sven/Andy as town. Less so of GIF and B&B.

The people who are townreading me hard right now (namely, GIF and Nacho) have been in games with me before, and understand what my town game is like. They've probably lurked my other games, but I don't wanna flatter myself too much.

Oh, and for the Orcinus In All Of Us:
Sheeping BROseidon here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 741, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:BRO can also be town.

Don't like the vote on TD over Varsoon though. Varsoon vote would be more constructive if you have equal levels of scumreads on them. But bad town=/=scum

Varsoon literally not one of your posts have ever pinged town to me this game. If you're town you really need to work on it.

I'm glad that I'm bad town.
Makes me feel real warm inside.
Cool, I'm also glad that I don't ping town on your broken, archaic radar of towniness.
If you're trying to read people accurately, you really need to work on it.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 pm

In post 742, Varsoon wrote:I'm convinced of Nacho/Orc/Sven/Andy as town. Less so of
GIF
and B&B.
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:Anyway, my current scum-reads are Orc, TD,
GIF
, and Sajin.

GIF's not nearly as active as I'd expect, and the plays so far have been the usual buddying with me, but not nearly as much pro-town content as I tend to see there. It's a weaker scum-read to be honest, but I want to see more out of GIF so I can be more sure about the alignment here.
Okay, I'm done babysitting the thread for now but Varsoon is seriously scum I swear it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry, Sven. Your wagons tend to have an unbearable amount of friction and irrelevancy. If Ghostlin was here, I'd keep my vote there and make a case or something. Ghostlin, however, is not here.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 745, Varsoon wrote:Sorry, Sven. Your wagons tend to have an unbearable amount of friction and irrelevancy. If Ghostlin was here, I'd keep my vote there and make a case or something. Ghostlin, however, is not here.
So you voted for TD... who is also not here?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 744, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 742, Varsoon wrote:I'm convinced of Nacho/Orc/Sven/Andy as town. Less so of
GIF
and B&B.
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:Anyway, my current scum-reads are Orc, TD,
GIF
, and Sajin.

GIF's not nearly as active as I'd expect, and the plays so far have been the usual buddying with me, but not nearly as much pro-town content as I tend to see there.
It's a weaker scum-read to be honest, but I want to see more out of GIF so I can be more sure about the alignment here
Okay, I'm done babysitting the thread for now but Varsoon is seriously scum I swear it.

It's almost as if you're some kind of genius who's capable of making bad reads while simultaneously ignoring the text of things. Here, I did some bolding and italics so you'd be able to focus your eyes on words better.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 745, Varsoon wrote:Sorry, Sven. Your wagons tend to have an unbearable amount of friction and irrelevancy. If Ghostlin was here, I'd keep my vote there and make a case or something. Ghostlin, however, is not here.
also what the fuck does relevancy have to do with a wagon.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 746, Mac wrote:
In post 745, Varsoon wrote:Sorry, Sven. Your wagons tend to have an unbearable amount of
friction and irrelevancy
. If Ghostlin was here, I'd keep my vote there and make a case or something. Ghostlin, however, is not here.
So you voted for TD... who is also not here?
The more active of the two, who has yet to adequately answer for previous votes on him.
Furthermore, pay attention to the bolded more than the idea of a player being currently present.
TD will log in.
TD will see votes on his face.
TD will respond.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”