Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 13, Crandaja wrote:Hi everybody. Sorry for brutally crashing the last game into the ground!

VOTE: Ravenpaw

Calling me darling gives me bad vibes.

Where did she call you darling?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I can't see this anywhere, neither here or in the "title pending"-game.

Are you referring to your scumQT conversation and have we got a nice scumslip on our hands?

Let's see!

VOTE: Crandaja

(out of RVS)
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 23, Grimgroove wrote:What do you mean, 'for real'? Don't you agree? A "yup" shows half-heartedness, where a "yes" would have shown more commitment to what you are saying.

@Candillan: because it keeps things moving. A single static random vote doesn't do it for me, I prefer to move it around for minor reasons and see where that takes me.
I asked if you were for real because I couldn't tell if you were serious or trolling. And I'm not entirely sure what planet you're from, but on mine, yup means yes.
In post 25, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 13, Crandaja wrote:Hi everybody. Sorry for brutally crashing the last game into the ground!

VOTE: Ravenpaw

Calling me darling gives me bad vibes.

Where did she call you darling?
Here.
In post 26, Grimgroove wrote:I can't see this anywhere, neither here or in the "title pending"-game.

Are you referring to your scumQT conversation and have we got a nice scumslip on our hands?

Let's see!

(out of RVS)
You didn't look very hard. Opportunistic much?

VOTE: Grimgroove
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

My mistake, but I only looked at the last couple of posts by Ravenpaw, which is only sensible.
I feel my point still stands.
Why on earth would Crandaja be referring to a word in a post made 12 days ago? Why would that kind of thing stick and why would bad vibes from that post be carried over to a new game?
He didn't mention it gave him bad vibes back then, why now?
I would also prefer it if you would let Crandaja answer that question this time around. Don't see why you're so eager jumping to his defense.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Post by Candillan »

I agree that it's kinda odd that he would bring that up of all things, but that's the only time, if I recall correctly, that Raven ever adressed Crand.

I do agree with Syryana that your vote on him did seem fairly opportunistic, though.

Also, that's not jumping to his defense, that's simply stating a fact. There's a difference. ;)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 27, Syryana wrote:
I asked if you were for real because I couldn't tell if you were serious or trolling. And I'm not entirely sure what planet you're from, but on mine, yup means yes.
I was only half serious. But it's a fact that I don't like the word "yup", and I don't consider it the same as "yes".
Yes is straightfoward, the result of years of communication turning into custom, a best practice when it comes to answering affirmatively.
Yup is the bastard form of yes, used when trying to portray an image of cool and carelessness. A seemingly off-hand answer, but just that fact makes it blatantly not offhand. When used in speech it's is easily mumbled, whereas a yes is unmumblable.
It's called a "yes or no"-question for a reason, and not a "yup and nah-question".

I'm not a native speaker, this is true. But I do assure you I come from the planet Earth and will not be using telepathy in order to win this game.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 20, Syryana wrote:
In post 19, Candillan wrote:Basically, Edos accidentally put the link to the Scum QT in the role PM examples. Crand saw them, and knew we were scum. He told Edos about this, and then asked to be replaced because he can't scumhunt when he knows who the scum are. Edos posted saying that Crand was being replaced because of the debacle, which ended up unintentionally confirming his slot as town. Because of that, Edos figured it would be better to just restart the game.

...At least that's what I think happened.

Pedit:

Grim, why are you re-RVSing?

Syryana, you too. Unless you believe that your vote on me was a legitimate vote.
That's pretty much what happened.

I will answer your question to me in a bit.
Why not answer it right away? You even took your time exploring the other topic for the word "darling".

And about me being opportunistic, I don't think that's really an argument. I saw a possible scumslip, let my enthousiasm get me carried away and indeed saw an opportunity to lynch scum. Maybe it's opportunistic yes, but that kind of opportunism doesn't make me scum.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 28, Grimgroove wrote:My mistake, but I only looked at the last couple of posts by Ravenpaw, which is only sensible.
Why on earth would Crandaja be referring to a word in a post made 12 days ago? Why would that kind of thing stick and why would bad vibes from that post be carried over to a new game?
I would also prefer it if you would let Crandaja answer that question this time around. Don't see why you're so eager jumping to his defense.
I'm not so much defending Crand as attacking you. It raises my suspicions when someone that played the way you did last game (i.e. made great arguments and generally obvtowned the slot) starts shooting off half-cocked and making arguments like these (e.g. "darling, was that a SCUMSLIP?!" or "I don't like the word yup, you must be scum").

I do, however, like your point about the darling thing being last game. Seems pretty forced for an RVS post.
Grimgroove wrote:Why not answer it right away? You even took your time exploring the other topic for the word "darling".

And about me being opportunistic, I don't think that's really an argument. I saw a possible scumslip, let my enthousiasm get me carried away and indeed saw an opportunity to lynch scum. Maybe it's opportunistic yes, but that kind of opportunism doesn't make me scum.
I didn't answer it because my re-RVS post/vote on you was intended to garner a reaction from you. I hadn't as yet gotten it, so I refused to answer Cand at that time. What I was looking for: if you were serious I figured it was an opportunistic attack to paint me as scummy early, since at the end of last game you admitted I'm one of the biggest obstacles to your scum wincon.

As for taking the time to look in the other thread, you directly said there was no mention of it in this thread or title pending. I decided to verify that statement. Turns out it was a lie and I nailed you for it.

And it is scummily opportunistic, because from my POV you seized on a silly thing, call it a scumslip, and voted Crand. Scum like mislynches.

My main beef with you right now is that in the last game you obvtowned like crazy; excellent logic, walls of well reasoned arguments, good reads. This game, you're hopping all over everywhere, attacking me, attacking Crand; it's shooting from the hip playstyle. I can't decide if you're this different because it's your town play or if you've drawn scum again and you're breaking from your own playstyle so as not to get caught.

While I'm chewing over that:
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Post by Candillan »

"This is why I think you're scummy, Grim."
*votes Crand*
I giggled. I am reading town from you, though, Syryana.

Was the reaction test on me, or on Grim? I'd think it'd be on me since you were voting me, but I can't tell, with the way you phrased it.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Syryana »

I'm gettin my reaction tests mixed with my reaction tests

The re-RVS was a reaction test on Cand

The question at Grim was looking for a response from Grim
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Post by Syryana »

Cand, why do you have a townread on me already
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 32, Syryana wrote:
In post 28, Grimgroove wrote:My mistake, but I only looked at the last couple of posts by Ravenpaw, which is only sensible.
I'm not so much defending Crand as attacking you. It raises my suspicions when someone that played the way you did last game (i.e. made great arguments and generally obvtowned the slot) starts shooting off half-cocked and making arguments like these (e.g. "darling, was that a SCUMSLIP?!" or "I don't like the word yup, you must be scum").
At this stage of the game you can't seriously expect more than that? There is nothing to work with in order to roll out solid arguments, just RVS'ing and some random comments that have got little to do with the game. How can I obvtown after 1 page? How can you expect me to make a great case against someone who posted once?
And I did the exact same thing in the beginning of the last game, calling RachMarie out on a "silly thing" like complaining to the mod about the colour he uses. You didn't have a problem with it then, so somehow I feel my role in the previous game has more to do with your suspicions than this one.
And even though I realize it's probably not in my benefit to refer to the last game and say that I play the same way, but I expect I will play the same way. The main reason I like to play these games is to hunt for scummy behavior. It's true that it's easier and more rewarding as town, but even as scum that's what I enjoy doing.
Grimgroove wrote:Why not answer it right away? You even took your time exploring the other topic for the word "darling".

I didn't answer it because my re-RVS post/vote on you was intended to garner a reaction from you. I hadn't as yet gotten it, so I refused to answer Cand at that time. What I was looking for: if you were serious I figured it was an opportunistic attack to paint me as scummy early, since at the end of last game you admitted I'm one of the biggest obstacles to your scum wincon.
I called you the hardest one to play against as scum, mainly because it was hard to portray you as scummy and because you defended yourself very well. given that opinion of you, why would I, as scum, try to attack you after all with mainly semantic differences between "yes" and "yup"? This argument does not compute.
As for taking the time to look in the other thread, you directly said there was no mention of it in this thread or title pending. I decided to verify that statement. Turns out it was a lie and I nailed you for it.
It wasn't a lie, it was an honest mistake. I only checked this topic, and for the other topic I just checked the comments after the game was over. I didn't take into account that it might be possible Crandaja would be referring to something from almost two weeks ago. I guess you have more efficient ways of browsing through a thread, but I wasn't planning to go to page 7 of 15 in order to find what Crandaja was referring to.
And it is scummily opportunistic, because from my POV you seized on a silly thing, call it a scumslip, and voted Crand. Scum like mislynches.
Like I said before, nothing more to go on than silly things at this stage. But at the same time, when it comes to silly things, I thought this was actually quite interesting to delve further into. Seeing how I didn't find the "darling" in the other topic, my reasoning of this silly thing actually being a scumslip is not as farfetched as you make it to be.
My main beef with you right now is that in the last game you obvtowned like crazy; excellent logic, walls of well reasoned arguments, good reads. This game, you're hopping all over everywhere, attacking me, attacking Crand; it's shooting from the hip playstyle. I can't decide if you're this different because it's your town play or if you've drawn scum again and you're breaking from your own playstyle so as not to get caught.
The answer is: neither. I'm intending to play the same way as I did before, even though I'm town this time. And I feel that I do. I hop around looking for reactions, that's what RVS is to me, instead of making a random vote and leaving it there until something falls out of the sky.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Post by Syryana »

I feel slightly better about you now
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Post by Syryana »

I would also like to point out that finding the darling thing took like 30 seconds

I highly recommend CTRL-F to everyone, as well as that little button that says ISO right next to the Post number of each post. It shows you all posts by that user by themselves.

It's really awesome for finding things some specific person has said quickly.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, just because I am sad that we are mostly out of RVS, let me have my one post of fun...

VOTE: Homer

Gotta get some of that sweet sweet vote...
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok now that that's done:

UNVOTE:

Time to start reading...
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:08 am

Post by Syryana »

If you hadn't read, how would you know we're out of RVS?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I skimmed quickly; the giant walls of text are a big clue.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 4:54 am

Post by RachMarie »

and we are back

My computer died :( I am gonna have to go find my IC intro post and redo it again I guess sigh :(

Oh well since this is a reroll ya all already know my spiel

RVS over already good...

For those pushing Grims wagon do you have anything else besides the fact he was scumz in the aborted game? cause we rerolled and that is not good enough he has a higher chance of being town than scum since each roll for a game is independent of each other.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Candillan »

I have nothing on Grim. My vote was for reactions, and I feel as if he reacted well.

Syryana, call it gut for now.
I have a sneaking suspicion that your bout with Grim back there was town v town.
I also liked Homer's intro post. It made me feel good.

I agree that a Crand wagon is a good idea.
UNVOTE:
Crandaja
Crandaja
Townie
Crandaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 am

Post by Crandaja »

I have some problems with this. You ask where she called me darling, then 25 minutes later you say you can't see it in Title Pending. ISO button makes it really easy to see all of Raven's posts and one of the only interactions we had between one another was the one where she called me darling. Its really not hard to find if you looked in that thread (which you said yourself you did) especially not in 25 minutes.

I think your first statement that its only sensible to check the last few messages is flawed. If you think its not important to check the thread than it wouldn't have been so important for you to not find it there. Without doing the search how would you know if she said it or not? Why do you assume its from the scum QT without reading the whole thread?

When I was doing an RVS at the start of this game i didn't want to vote Grim right away to avoid getting him too close to L-1 without any discussion. I saw Ravenpaw's post and decided to vote her as my RVS. It was the only thing I really remember about her from last game.

Also Cand why do you keep putting the third vote on people so quickly without discussion? You've done this twice already in this game alone and I don't like it.
Crandaja
Crandaja
Townie
Crandaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 am

Post by Crandaja »

Just looked up and read that it was for reactions. My bad.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Candillan »

1. I was the first vote on Grim.
2. I dunno, that's actually a coincidence. I don't plan to be the third vote on a wagon all the time.
UNVOTE:
Crandaja
Crandaja
Townie
Crandaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Crandaja »

Whoops got mixed up there.

I'm gonna remove my random.
UNVOTE: RavenPaw

@mod can we get a vote count soon?
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Edosurist »

@Crandaja and Candillan
Spoiler:

Bump for VC
Last edited by Edosurist on Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”