Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In response to:

Spoiler:
In post 317, Sajin wrote:
In post 296, GuyInFreezer wrote:@Sajin: pretty obvious what? Please enlighten me because I'm already at the stage where sven's rebuttal looks like he's trying to wiggle out of the situation.
I would forgive his newness to calling the two different aspects of his singular role as "roles" considering they are both standalone role names.
In post 243, Svenskt Stål wrote:
In post 241, Varsoon wrote:
In post 239, GuyInFreezer wrote:Varsoon is town too.
I'm
always
town. And never any cool roles, like Monado-wielder.
you can have mine. both of them

He even implied you would have to take one you probably would not like (miller) with the one you would like (tracker). I don't think it was a tell at all and is weak reasoning. Additionally it actually makes a lot of sense as it shows me his frustration at the heat a miller claim brings but also acknowledges it as a "cool role" at the same time. That post is one of the main reasons I suspect he is town.
In post 304, Varsoon wrote:Peeking back in.

Sajin, that vote on me does nothing. Why didn't you ask some questions with it, for me?
Makes me sad, Sajin.
Makes me sad.

Anyway, more out-of-this-game nonsense aside,
I could see how people'd want to lynch Sven.
We've got time, though, so why rush anything?
Ok, Why do you have so many useless fluff posts in thread? Why is your signal to noise ratio horrible? Is this style of posting the usual for you, in your opinion? Why are you sad?
In post 358, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:nacho I am here I am all caught up!

okay buldey is making 2 look better for asking you the same question that I did about your read on cabd but I am still going to lay out some thoughts.

I didn't like the way she called sven "dummy". as far as I know that particular loving endearment has been reserved for me but it is more that it is weirdly placed; she only gets that way when as scum, she hasn't really even done it as a special lately probably cos I have gotten better about spotting her special game and will leave her alone. to me she is saying the right stuff and the timing is right but she still feels a bit off. there is a detachment from everything that I do not like. she said in poetic justice that her play on this site is different but the only game we have played together on here is the pj game. I can push her a bit to get a better read but I will be honest, I am tired I am in too many games right now and I was sick for the better part of yesterday. the homestuck game kept putting my heart out of rhythm like I really cannot stand our fights when they get that bad and I know it is unpleasant for her too. I think we are both sick of the dynamic that we have been stuck in for over 2 years. I really don't like how detached she is but buldey just tweaked my towndar a bit and if he continues to do so then I am going to stick with my read which was to townread her. if I get a scumread off of her I will let you know but it will be a buldey/majiffy shitshow that this site has never seen the likes of that is why I was honestly considering replacing out when I told you you are not going to like what I have to say. if you get a town read on buldey and I do too then I am going to just accept that feri's town game is indeed very different on here.

the exchanges between her and sven for a moment smelled like scum theatre and reminded me a bit of her and sparkle in the homestuck game. sven reminds me a bit of me and I am surprised feri never mentioned that. especially with the "wtf is this shit" comment lol. I think it is super risk <little reward for scum to claim miller on d1 cos if there is a vig with half a brain they will make it nowhere near to endgame. miller/tracker on the other hand is a brilliant scum gambit cos it leaves a kernel of possible usefulness that would at least get him to midgame I mean sajin is already like "hey let him live til d3!" and he has a good point, but leaving a scum tracker in the game is REALLY dangerous cos increases scum's potential to find specials. scum would have to be really confident that they could convince town that they were town for realz and would require a lot of skill. I don't know sven so I do not know if he has that skill level or confidence or not.

my earlier town read on sven came from that some of his reactions and thinking matched my own a bit. but the timing of his second claim of miller tracker and not just miller is atrocious I mean it was like someone went boo! and he is like MILLER TRACKER ACK ACK ACK! he did something else I did not like which was to undermine yours and orc's town read on feri, he sounded downright petulant. I see why you think he is scummy but I need to interact with him directly.

gif felt good, sajin too, I like where mac's head is at. staying with orc and you as town. varsoon looked good with the "he is claiming 2 roles is that a slip????"

that is all I got right now
In post 367, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 214, ² wrote:orcinus, re svenskt I'm reminded of borkgame day 2 pretty forcefully. your thoughts?

- f
I've learned my lesson re Sven. But I see where you're coming from

Good morning

Quick skim. Don't like varsoon as usual. TD is shit. Cabd town read got questioned--ill see if I can get to it, phone posting cases doesn't work very well.

Glad to see more people posting. Hi mollie :)

VOTE: TD

Sheep
In post 376, RachMarie wrote:jeez peeps 15 pages already? And me sharing a computer this is gonna be interesting...

Yeah I am seeing differences in Sven from the game we played before and miller AND tracker??? that just seems odd combo together.....

So far 2 is looking like leaning town... give me more time and I will be able to solidify more on my read on them. Have played with fery and Bulder before

Played with Nacho loads and so far he feels pretty much his town meta.... Though he does have a tendency to replace into scum slots LOL... but yeah feels towny to me.

Orc hmm I would say leaning Town at this point. Seems like the Orc I know.

B and B I have played with both Mollie and Jiffy several times so will take a good look at their ISO. Should be able to nail a read on them fairly easily.

Not much yet I realize but yeah still V/LA here peeps NS and I are sharing a computer.

Oh news NS and I are now engaged ♥
In post 450, Aj The Epic wrote:Why are we still on the Miller/tracker thing and not lynching scum TD? I am very mildly put off that we have yet to focus the minute attention needed to lynch that motherfucker.

Let's face it, TD is scum. If you want Sven to be scum in your happy world, that's fine, too. But confirmed scum die first.
In post 537, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Now tell me who's scummy

Aj

Or Varsoon, the guy who sheeped him

@Sajin: You're probably scum, since you can't figure out anything from what I've posted so far and you're so quick to dismiss me as a useless fluffer of radio noise or whatever wiki-able word you're using this time. You've also been perched pretty conspicuously all game. Who remembers that Sajin is even in this game, off the top of their heads? Not I.
But, really, it makes me sad that you're so cruel, since I can only read you as a town jerk or scum trying to suffocate a weaker voice.

@Beauty&Beast: Think you're reading too much into things, also, I think it was GIF that you should attribute the "is that really a slip" to, rather than me. I could be wrong here, but, eh. Otherwise, I really like your performance in this game, so you're town in my books.

@Orc: Man, what do you have against me? I'd rather be your friend.
Also, why bring up something like "AJ or Varsoon, the guy who sheeped him", when in 367 you do the same thing with your vote?
I feel like you're scum-slipping, and you're trying too hard to play town-leader.

@Rach: Congrats on the engagement! I'm pretty much engaged to school now, myself. Could you give us some scum reads? I don't like how you're typically not very vocal/give very null/town reads. /shrug.

@AJ: oof, I can understand frustration over the focus on Sven's maybe-a-PR status, but this is just too savage. I usually read exasperation as town, but it's a bit bluffy here.

Anyway, my current scum-reads are Orc, TD, GIF, and Sajin.

GIF's not nearly as active as I'd expect, and the plays so far have been the usual buddying with me, but not nearly as much pro-town content as I tend to see there. It's a weaker scum-read to be honest, but I want to see more out of GIF so I can be more sure about the alignment here.

Orc's approach is a headache, as usual. Lots of posts make the thread really difficult to follow, which is disorienting for town, especially since other players feel compelled to respond all the time. It's just a means of letting scum lurk harder and active scum have a bigger voice. Sure, you could argue that a chatty scum is more liable to slip, but I'm not so convinced. After all, most scum play as town as they can, right? Regardless, Orc's voting patterns and inconsistencies really make me want to see Orc as a D1 lynch.

Anyways,
VOTE: Orcinus_theoriginal

You're too infallible and it doesn't sit right. Town should be more skeptical of you.
Also, Orc, lighten up. It doesn't suit you to be so rigid.
Here is funny picture, maybe it will make you laugh.

P-EDIT: Serious bro, chill the more out.
I dislike how you'd like to see more from those on Nacho's town list, but don't mention me.
It's a real heart-breaker.

Also, I'd really like people to use the names of the hydras, rather than their owners'. It makes it less confusing for guys like me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 668, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 624, GuyInFreezer wrote:For some reason I feel like I'm invisible every time I'm playing mafia. :T
What do?
Do something productive

Yelling works
Actually, this seems like a more town thing than not.
I mean, on GIF's end.
But here's an example of Orc being all townboss grrr
Orc you're not townboss
stop being so grrr
no one likes it

GIF, i'll let you be null for now.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Look at that

Look at that

Do you know what you're looking at (hint: it's scum)

You do realize that you sheeped Aj onto TD while I asked for people to sheep me onto TD and there's a difference there and I don't even know why you're comparing the two votes

I'm not the biggest poster in the thread, there are five people (two hydras) who have been very active, that's not a reason to vote me

You said nothing about said "voting patterns and inconsistencies" that make you want to vote me. So please do

Also explain this townboss thing because I don't quite understand it. My reads have been in the minority all day.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You're so grr.
Stop being such a way.
Vote stays on you until you go to vocaroo and sing a long song about something.
Link it here and if it's good I'll vote for TD again.

Orc, on the real, the biggest posters are you, 2, and Nacho. Nacho is largely reactionary and I like his content.
You and 2, though, not so much.
You're the vote I'd rather put down,
so I did.

Townboss? ISO yourself and look at how you've been posting. You're so "I know this because I am bossu"

C'mon, Orc, you could be, I'unno. Wrong about something.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

In post 675, Varsoon wrote:Orc's voting patterns and inconsistencies really make me want to see Orc as a D1 lynch
You're answering this right now because it looks made up :)

VOTE: Varsoon
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

In post 678, Varsoon wrote:Orc, on the real, the biggest posters are you, 2, and Nacho. Nacho is largely reactionary and I like his content.
You and 2, though, not so much.
You're the vote I'd rather put down,
so I did.
This case.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Guess I'll rev up the ISO and see what I mean.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 pm

In post 210, Varsoon wrote:So, currently, the best flips in my mind are ones of incredibly active players/claimed roles.
Haha
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:Gonna sheep AJ here. I find scum tends to say things like "No town would X" and base their votes on that.
So you openly sheeped Aj

Okay

I find it laughable you're comparing our TD votes because that's not actually why I was suspicious of you. It was for the Aj sheep, not the TD vote. The two things are sort of different.

Also, tell me about your boundless mafia experience, since you said "I find scum tends to say things like X". I mean, that means you must be experienced, right?
In post 221, Varsoon wrote:
In post 213, Nachomamma8 wrote:Varsoon, what did you think of Sven's claim?
Honestly, I'll probably ignore the PR claim altogether when considering whether or not Sven is scum.
To me, claiming a town PR is the same as someone just saying "Hey, I am town," if a bit more lame since it hinges on some sort of town sympathy for PRs or something.
Generally, revealing PRs to the scum isn't a cool idea.
I don't know what the miller-tracker does. Please tell me.

P-EDIT:

Thanks, Sven.

That's a pretty damn convenient role to have if you're scum, and a shite one if you're town.
Regardless, I'm not going to think of you as miller-tracker, but as Sven, the maybe-town-guy.
...so not really, I take it?

Okay.
In post 223, Varsoon wrote:Hey, 2, let's leave other games out of this.
Why?
In post 236, Varsoon wrote:@GIF: I know it's okay to link, I'm just saying that I don't like meta. How a player was/what their role was in another game shouldn't be a defense for them in this game.
Their play should be a defense for them in this game.
You know it's the same person playing in those games right

But okay, Mr. Experienced.

Frankly I find Varsoon hilarious because of the whole "In my experience, this is what scum do and you should listen to me!" and "wait what's a miller"
In post 261, Varsoon wrote:I really like Sven's claim more and more now. It feels like a litmus test for town/scum.
What the what

How so

If it's a test for town/scum then what have you learned

You know that it wasn't a reaction test, right?
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:@Sajin: You're probably scum, since you can't figure out anything from what I've posted so far and you're so quick to dismiss me as a useless fluffer of radio noise or whatever wiki-able word you're using this time. You've also been perched pretty conspicuously all game. Who remembers that Sajin is even in this game, off the top of their heads? Not I.
But, really, it makes me sad that you're so cruel, since I can only read you as a town jerk or scum trying to suffocate a weaker voice.
Can't you just be honest about your OMGUSing?
In post 678, Varsoon wrote:Townboss? ISO yourself and look at how you've been posting. You're so "I know this because I am bossu"
why the actual fuck is this scummy?

And you know that I've been sheeping nacho, fery, and B&B a lot today right
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

: RVS Vote
: Why even say this? You're pressuring an RVS vote, I guess?
: In response to what? You really seem to just be throwing a vote down to see what sticks, and this is the first of many. You bring up my sheeping as a cause to put votes on me, but this currently looks like a sheep of Nacho, if anything. You hop on the easiest wagon, which would be one on a D1 PR claim.
and post : You just seem lynch-hungry rather than actually trying to garner info. It's a lot of "What the Fucks" and "Don't Insult Us", rather than actual worth-a-shit town play.
: Seems like you don't like absolutes. I'll point out every time you use an absolute from here on out, since you don't seem to think you're inconsistent.
: "there is obviously a scum motivation behind a fakeclaim" -absolute. " I don't even know where to start in explaining how that doesn't work." -Absolute. It could work.
: More of the same thing from 13. Now that you're out of RVS, it just seems like a thing you do. Of course, you can explain the wagons you don't clusterfuck over a cliff with "I supported wagons that weren't popular, see? I'm not scum!" Too easy of a break to give you.
: Despite being so dead-set on Sven as scum, here you return to a player who hasn't even likely been online since your RVS push. It seems like a positioning tactic to come off as more consistent, but it's inconsistent with how you felt about Sven just minutes before.
: Playing town.
: Sets up lynches. If Sven is your scum-buddy, that is. If Sven flips town, then this just looks like town-positioning and even I've done this as scum.
: "Name a Lurker", I really don't see any town motivation to amusing this sort of WIFOM coming from Cabd.
: So, departing from the pressure that went nowhere and the Sven that you still think is scum, here's a GIF vote because he avoids hot-topics? What about the other half of the playerbase? :P Literally looks like a vote put on GIF for being active, hinging on levied offenses that are the very things that Orc is decrying in this post.
: More absolutes, calls Cabd town and all that. Honestly, I've given up on stating every technically absolute thing you've said, but jeeze, man, c'mon.

Ug, I'm only halfway through this ISO on you and it's already a headache. Let's fast-forward:

: Sonic vote again. Really wants this. Could literally be pressuring one of the fifty-two lurkers but keeps with sonic because town's consistent and Orc sure is town.
: Throwing the vote around like it is RVS despite the game being 100 posts deep.
: If the policy of Rach is a joke, it's one made in bad taste. Also, nice townlist. Should be a null-list.
: Hey, nice to be in another game with you, I look forward to having fun and--oh, no, nevermind, you're a jerk. Refer to my recent posts on why this is a problem.
: Talked about this already. The fact you keep an RVS-esque joke thrown down during 200 posts is really strange, given your voting methods so far and the fact you're so opposed to me/see me as scum.
: Weak rationale on a weak vote on another new entry. Again, seem to be just tossing around a vote.
: 200 posts later, a return to the TD wagon that didn't push itself enough, I guess. You never stay with any wagon, but seem to bounce to what makes sense at the time.
: Am I supposed to read your votes as pressure? Why aren't you squeezing harder and on more questionable players? The most active players are Nacho, 2, and Sven, outside of you.

dntfkingcare
Sajin
TiphaineDeath
Andrius
Aj The Epic
Ghostlin
BROseidon 2
Metal Sonic
TMTOLBTWNTOF
fferyllt

These people all have less than 10 posts in a thread verging on 700 total.
Orc and pals, can you be less chatty?
Go talk to people in AIM or something.
It's literally noise -and- confusion, and it lets players like TD and AJ, who have been pressured fairly, just sit back and do nothing while others gab, waffle, and WIFOM the game into oblivion.

P-EDIT:
To your questions,

So, a relatively inexperienced player can't understand a typical scummy mentality? Cool. Let's talk in more absolutes, since you're so fond of them.
Or not.

I'd prefer to leave other games out of the discussion of this game because people should be judged solely on their performance in this game to find their alignment in -this- game.
You mentioned not liking meta-defenses earlier, I figure you'd actually understand where I'm coming from with this.

A player could play a literal thousand games of mafia and never be in one setup with a miller.
I'd like it if you'd stop trying to debunk my authority and voice solely because I am speaking with how I would see scum versus my limited knowledge of the hundreds of possible mafia roles.
It's a shitty approach, not only in-game, but also from the perspective of personal interaction, because you're not only attacking the validity of what I have to say here, but of my voice entirely.

It doesn't matter if something is or isn't intended as a reaction test if it gets reactions. Sven's claim pulled us out of a stagnant RVS and gave this game direction. Scum or not, Sven's PR claim helps town due to the posts surrounding it and the activity it has caused.

Oh, cool, nevermind what I have to say, it's an OMGUSBUSRUSIDGAF. I'm glad you can continue to write me off with game terminology. "I don't have to listen to you, noob." That's a damn good place to be. Also, every person who ever voted someone in response never did so for pro-town reasons, it's always OMGUS, am I right?

What I'm saying, although less eloquently there than here, is that you're commanding too much authority with your posts, when you're not spending time distancing yourself from any of that with "They were sheeps" and just one-line reactions that make this thread as long and hectic of a read as it currently is.

If you are town, I'd like to see you play it more authentically, rather then looking a whole lot like a scummy player covering his tracks and generating a lot of noise over nothing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ultimately, your play-style has been loud, but without substance. Your defenses seem more like backpedaling rather than standing your ground. The average user has posts about 10~20 times in this forum and you've made over 100 posts, and to what end?
You also support a really suffocating, elitist playstyle towards me, at the very least. I'd like to have a fun game with everyone in this thread, regardless of alignment, and it's pretty damn unfair how you've been towards me.
So, yeah, I hold a vote on you for personal reasons coupled with logical ones.
You're scum, through-and-through.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by Mac »

I don't think I'm seeing Varsoon town atm. He seemed to have legit reasoning for voting TD, yet chalked it down to sheeping AJ. Just felt to me like he was shifting the blame.

However I'm also seeing a case for TD scum too so that's kinda fucking with my head a bit.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Mac »

Shit I didn't even see page 28
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 685, Mac wrote:I don't think I'm seeing Varsoon town atm. He seemed to have legit reasoning for voting TD, yet chalked it down to sheeping AJ. Just felt to me like he was shifting the blame.

However I'm also seeing a case for TD scum too so that's kinda fucking with my head a bit.

The "Sheeping AJ" was a flag for people to latch onto.
Any perceptive player would see that my reasons for voting for TD were solid enough of a basis for me to make that vote regardless of other votes on the player. The "I am Sheeping AJ" bit was an afterthought, as it's an accusation that less perceptive/scummy players would make of my vote.
However, TD hasn't posted much since then, and I'm uncomfortable with the wagon now. TD's still on my scum-list, don't worry about that. The guy has done nothing to keep me from seeing him as scum, I'd just rather pursue a wagon that'll produce something.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 686, Mac wrote:Shit I didn't even see page 28
It's k, this game is moving at a mile a minute.
I don't know if my case against Orc should exonerate me or put me in your town bracket.
This is just how I feel about Orc's play so far.
I urge that you also consider Orc may be scum.
How do you feel about him so far?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Can you go look up miller on the wiki I think it would help you a lot

That being said you're probably incredibly obtuse town.

You can just like. Sit there.

But if you want a response:

I find RVS cases on me on page 28 hilarious

-me giving people reads isn't dealing in absolutes right
-re:119 nobody had a scumread so yes we were back to RVS
-141 it's okay i didn't really have fun with you last time. See, I don't mind confidence. I mind confidence when you have nothing to be confident about.
-Metal Sonic vote: yes that makes me scum good job
-tossing around votes: you played with me before, haven't you?
And jsyk nobody's stayed with a wagon in this game, have you been reading

Yes, us posting less would help the fact that we have a bunch of lurkers

(not to mention that you listed feryllt in there...)

Questions:

No, but you're basing your lynch methods behind experience when
you have none

I don't like miller meta defenses. That's...not really the same.

Anyone decently experienced in mafia knows what a miller is

AtE harder I don't really buy it

You /need/ to go look up what a miller actually is

I never said OMGUS was scummy? I just don't want you to disguise it in faked reasoning

Does my confidence make you nervous?

I'd like to see you be better.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 pm

In post 684, Varsoon wrote:Ultimately, your play-style has been loud, but without substance. Your defenses seem more like backpedaling rather than standing your ground. The average user has posts about 10~20 times in this forum and you've made over 100 posts, and to what end?
You also support a really suffocating, elitist playstyle towards me, at the very least. I'd like to have a fun game with everyone in this thread, regardless of alignment, and it's pretty damn unfair how you've been towards me.
So, yeah, I hold a vote on you for personal reasons coupled with logical ones.
You're scum, through-and-through.
To the end where I have solid reads on all but three people in the playerlist

No, I don't really find it unfair

You can scumhunt. You can do whatever you want. Just don't use experience as a vote reason when you don't have enough to justify it.

It would be a bit like me saying (wrt miller claim) that miller claims are always town or scum by experience. It's stupid, because I don't have that experience.

So don't use phrases like "In my experience, scum does X" in your cases because it's just fabricated.

Glad to know i'm getting your panties in a knot. I don't really care? I mean I'm not too sure what you expect me to answer.
In post 687, Varsoon wrote:
In post 685, Mac wrote:I don't think I'm seeing Varsoon town atm. He seemed to have legit reasoning for voting TD, yet chalked it down to sheeping AJ. Just felt to me like he was shifting the blame.

Any perceptive player would see that my reasons for voting for TD were solid enough of a basis for me to make that vote regardless of other votes on the player. The "I am Sheeping AJ" bit was an afterthought, as it's an accusation that less perceptive/scummy players would make of my vote.
However, TD hasn't posted much since then, and I'm uncomfortable with the wagon now. TD's still on my scum-list, don't worry about that. The guy has done nothing to keep me from seeing him as scum, I'd just rather pursue a wagon that'll produce something.
Make sure you tell me what this wagon produces!
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Post by Mac »

I liked orc for town early on and think I still do. players like nacho, mollie & co are probably a lot better at reading him than I am but so far he's playing pretty similar to the poetic justice game that finished not long back. however I am unaware of his scum game as of yet so I'm not sure how comparable his town game is to his scum game.

that said, your attack is pretty brave since he's been townread by alot of players so far. does that make you town? possibly, it's very putting-yourself-out-there and it's not something I'd expect from scum. however I don't know your scum game. do you have any completed scum games I can take a look at?
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

and they calll me a spammer

VOTE: ghostlin
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:19 pm

In post 691, Mac wrote:I liked orc for town early on and think I still do. players like nacho, mollie & co are probably a lot better at reading him than I am but so far he's playing pretty similar to the poetic justice game that finished not long back. however I am unaware of his scum game as of yet so I'm not sure how comparable his town game is to his scum game.

that said, your attack is pretty brave since he's been townread by alot of players so far. does that make you town? possibly, it's very putting-yourself-out-there and it's not something I'd expect from scum. however I don't know your scum game. do you have any completed scum games I can take a look at?
I've never rolled scum.

I will one day.
In post 692, Svenskt Stål wrote:and they calll me a spammer

Why, exactly? He seems town.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 687, Varsoon wrote:

why didn't you leave the 'sheeping AJ' out of your post and see which "less perspective/scummy players" chased you up for it? like I said, I felt you had legit reasoning and then you threw a curveball of "yeah, sheeping AJ" which totally threw me because AJ had made ONE post and earlier you bit my head off for voting you based on ONE post.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 588, Ghostlin wrote:I got on maybe an hour ago, and I'm up to page 5. I'm trying to catch up, but here are my notes.

TD's #52, Miller post or not withstanding was probably the dumbest/opportunist post of this game. If everyone clears an early claiming miller as innocent in every game and it's known site meta, scum will catch on and adapt. It's what scum -does-. Voting Nacho because Nacho pressured Sven is counter-intuitive. It needs to be checked.

Orc's #64 shows he actually thought about what would actually happen, particularly if Sven is a weak player.

Sven #71. I hate WIFOM and you should too. Having one scum in front often can allow other scums to hide. Having an alibi of 'I'm a Miller, don't waste your time investigating/lynching me' is also a possible play, particularly if you bother looking townie.

Cabd #76. Wrong answer. Scum would probably monopolize the confusion or even risk lynching a scum buddy for free Town points.

Nacho #89, Cabd did pull a stance, but his conjecture's wrong. It also clears him.

TD #99, WHY IS NO ONE CALLING TD ABOUT HIS REMOVING HIS VOTE FROM NACHO?

GIF #100 I retract statement on #99.

Nacho #113, his logic is horrible, but that doesn't mean he's scum. By the way, TD, how you feel about that?

BRO #114: Generally, yes, Miller claims are town. The problem with this post is the logic almost goes back and forth. Not entirely fencesitting, but..

That's it for these sets of pages. I'll try to super fast read from here on out.
In post 599, Ghostlin wrote:Up to Page 10:
Var #136: That usually means there's a 50/50 chance you ain't town
Sven #139: Why would you ask the first question?
Orc #141: Yes. I will lynch half a dozen reaction test guy with you too. I fucking hate reaction tests.
Sven #149: If you've ever played with Nacho he's not acutally 'being bad at this' right now.
Orc #158: GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
Mac #161: This is true of almost every claim. If you're townie, you get killed. It's why Townie's can't afford to let themselves die. Why did you feel the need to post this?
TD #168: Someone asked you a question. Please answer the question. Plus, why did you feel the need to post this?
Mac #177: WIFOM is bad, but you not giving any sort of read is more bad. (Badder?)
Mac #179: You going to be this lazy during the game? Let me know know so I can vote you.
Fuck it.

Vote: Mac

\Sven, 187: WHY WOULD YOU FULLCLAIM NOW?
Mac, 188: ....Yeah, I still like my vote on you.
Sajin, 190: Was this an RVS or a serious vote?
Andrus, 199: GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
AJ, 201: The bad: You bothered to do setup speculation in a Large Theme. The good: The TD vote isn't bad if albeit predictable.
Sajin, 202: Seeing this is not a bastard, what's the use of this question?
Varsoon, 210: I don't like this post. I think it's the whole 'gee, it'll be hard to find scum' and the 'flipping based on information' bits.
Sajin, 232: I don't think you understand what the word 'Miller' means...
GIF, 239: Not sold on that.
GIF, 246: *Groans. Expects some sort of labyrinthine reasoning involving a scum slip, or simply not reading the thread.*
because of these catch up reads.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

In post 682, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:If it's a test for town/scum then what have you learned
Varsoon
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 693, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 691, Mac wrote:I liked orc for town early on and think I still do. players like nacho, mollie & co are probably a lot better at reading him than I am but so far he's playing pretty similar to the poetic justice game that finished not long back. however I am unaware of his scum game as of yet so I'm not sure how comparable his town game is to his scum game.

I've never rolled scum.

I will one day.
In post 692, Svenskt Stål wrote:and they calll me a spammer

Why, exactly? He seems town.
do you think Nacho/mollie and others who regularly play with you would be able to differentiate your town game from your scum game?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Mac »

actually that's a dumb question and should be ignored.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 pm

In post 687, Varsoon wrote:The "Sheeping AJ" was a flag for people to latch onto.
OKAY FUCK NO.
In post 141, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 136, Varsoon wrote:I'll claim town,
hey guys.
If you pull a dozen half assed 'reaction tests' again

I will make sure you are today's lynch

I do not give a shit about meta

I am not kidding
VOTE: Varsoon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”