The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13125 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Still agree, except for the leaving part.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13126 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by Maruchan »

rob13 i banned both of you to cool down and you respond by Shittalking me on the thread. The thanks i get for trying to keep thinks civil.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13127 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 13126, Maruchan wrote:rob13 i banned both of you to cool down and you respond by Shittalking me on the thread. The thanks i get for trying to keep thinks civil.
I didn't shit-talk you. I shit-talked M, and it was well deserved. I think I have a right to call someone an "asshat" when they initiate insults against me for no reason, especially when they're in a position of power.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13128 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by Klazam »

I stopped being active due to the lag and crashes making this a truly unpleasant experience for me. I will start again, and be active 100% of the time.

also I'm the most profilc ic2 user of all. second to maybe Davroe. maybe.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13129 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Maruchan »

since i earned a slow clap for being a dick and kicking the two people slinging names at each other, i might as well make sure i truly earned it by banning you for real right rob?
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13130 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 13128, Klazam wrote:I stopped being active due to the lag and crashes making this a truly unpleasant experience for me. I will start again, and be active 100% of the time.

also I'm the most profilc ic2 user of all. second to maybe Davroe. maybe.
And you initiated the idea, so you are NOT a supporter of IC2. Again, no supporter of IC2 was in that conversation.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13131 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Rob14 »

You didn't earn a slow clap. Again, I didn't mean to smear you. M earned a slow clap.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13132 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by Klazam »

I was a supporter until I gave it some real thought.

look, this decision wasn't taken lightly. the discussion took a long time.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13133 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Although, frankly, you earn a separate slow clap for conducting closed-door discussions on controversial subjects and making a decision without any consult from the community, having the nerve to forbid public discussion of said decision, and explicitly saying that no amount of community outcry would consider you to even reconsider said decision. What is this, Stalinist Russia? We can't even TALK about your decisions in an unfavorable light in public?

P-edit: Klaz - it took a long time? Maru's post said that izak convinced HIMSELF of not using IC2 in two days. Define long time for me.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13134 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by blake5135 »

I want the removal of in-active admins. Including M,and Izak.
I'm not sure on Gavin's title in the FTB server, but I would suggest his be moved to OWNER. That he can have the power of an admin and not be included on the admin team.

M and Klaz openly created a little small server just for them to play on because they did not want to play on the original FTB server.
Izak has been inactive for almost three months and is barely a part of the community.
Last edited by blake5135 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13135 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by Klazam »

long enough to look at all alternatives and consider the ramifications of what we were doing.

pedit- we didn't want to play because of lag/crashes.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13136 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Lag is bad only a few days, crashes happen eh maybe every thirty minutes or 45? with the everynow and then server restart.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13137 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Rob14 »

M created his own Ultimate server last night because he likes playing with the stuff on Ultimate, including GregTech. In fact, he specifically mentioned GregTech as something he wanted to play with. You guys have worked to create the "perfect modpack", and yet have members of your own ranks going on separate servers specifically to play mods not included in this pack. This would all be very lol-worthy if it didn't destroy my ability to play because I'm NOT going to split time between multiple servers just to get the experience I wanted in the first place - what we have RIGHT NOW, minus lag. Take DW20 and disable Mystcraft and Thaumcraft. This would be an improvement.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13138 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I guess I'm perma-banned from IRC at this point. Thanks Maru. I'm going to leave this thread now. Events server stuff is cancelled, because I can't organize that if I don't have access to the community in any way. Sorry guys.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #13139 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 13120, blake5135 wrote:Yes because I want more active admins in-game. Not ones that have to log on when a member complains about something wrong or something.

more reasons in irc.
I understand this, and I know Rob will rebut by saying that we are "not taking responsibility for the decision we make", but the fact is that I would never have stopped playing if the Modpack and world hadn't become increasingly unstable and (personally) unplayable, do more to a terrible internet connection than anything else. (The fact that Klazam also stopped playing around this time had a lot to do with the fact we do much of our activities in Minecraft together, but it also had to do with personal motives, I'm sure.) I have always fully intended on returning to the server when 1) my school and work schedule were more permitting, 2) my personal internet connection allowed it, and 3) the Modpack was improved upon. As anybody with basic reading comprehension can understand, the process to improve the Modpack has been ongoing for the past few weeks/months, and I'm anticipating many saying it shouldn't've taken even this long, and my only response would be to challenge that person to do better.

I will not speak for izak, and Maruchan cannot even come under consideration in my opinion. Removing him as Admin would result in me personally recommending to him that he pull all pretense of attempting to host an FTB Server for an ungrateful community such as this one. From day 1 (or almost day 1) this Modded Server has been completely hosted by Maruchan and Corin's hosting service, without asking for donations every minute or even every day AS WOULD BE THE CASE IN ANY OTHER SERVER OUT THERE. This hosting service has been growing into a business venture between partners that I hear is soon to be incorporated. The fact that Maruchan chooses to spend his time working on his studies, his business, and his military training does not give anyone the right (least of all you, Blake) to call him out and demand a new Admin in his stead.

P-Edit: With regards to Rob's correct assertions about what went on during our conversation in the IRC today: it was documented and sent to the rest of the Admin Team - every word - and while I regret any personal insult that was meant, my original understanding was that he was not upset to have a discussion about a Mod which (to his knowledge) was still under consideration and was still being discussed. It is my belief that my own playstyle or opinion shouldn't matter to any member of this server, insofar as preferred style of play is utilized in-game. That you took whatever I said about the differences between our playstyles seriously, or that you were offended by it is unfortunate and was not intended.

However, I will add that my opinions about the functionality of the different Mods and their effects on the gameplay dynamic provided by a server are EXACTLY WHAT AN ADMIN IS SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE. If you do not like my opinion that IndustrialCraft 2 is an oversimplified, overpowered, handicapping Mod that should not become the backbone of a Minecraft experience, and if you do not like the fact that I will push that opinion to the rest of the Admin Team (which herein agreed with the opinion), then this is what the current poll is for - to remove Admins you do not think represent your opinion as players.

Speaking of which, please note the current anonymous poll that has been posted including every possible combination of Admin removals that could be considered. As I already said, I don't think Maruchan should even be on the list, and in my opinion removing him as Admin would allow him to (within every right) remove his hosting support from the Modded Server. That such an ungrateful community as this one exists is appalling to me, that it exists here is shocking, without even mentioning his and Corin's timeless hours spent getting this service available to this playerbase.

Posting this now to respond to Rob's thoughts on GregTech...
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13140 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Klazam »

too often for me. I like long projects.

you all don't like me as admin? fine, I'm not an admin anymore.

why couldn't you approach this with an open mind? the modpack is about experience. ic2 just warps the whole experience to be about ic2. I know jack shit about other mods, just because of ic2.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13141 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Rob14 »

So you DIDN'T intend to insult me by saying that it seems like my desire to play IC2 first seems to stem from psychological problems? How DID you mean it to be taken?

M, why are you an admin for the community that you think is so ungrateful and awful that it's appalling? Serious question.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13142 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Klaz, you're one of two people I DON'T have a problem with being an admin. Maru is the other. Even though we have disagreements, and I especially disagree with his decision to ban me from IRC, he still honestly has the best interests of the server at stake and plays on it often enough to be a part of the community. He's a good admin, even if I don't agree with his decisions.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13143 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by blake5135 »

~_~ Owner > Admin
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13144 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 13136, blake5135 wrote:Lag is bad only a few days, crashes happen eh maybe every thirty minutes or 45? with the everynow and then server restart.
And I find this unplayably bad, and the other Admins agree - you all deserve a better experience and we have been attempting to give you one. The fact that we have not been playing in the mean time reflects on our decisions as players, not as Admins. Given the current "active" players on the server, define and defend who would become Admins and please name 3 people who would not...I would have a hard time, since the active playerbase right now is only about 5 people, probably less. Turning any of these players into Admins defeats the purpose of having a team to administrate a server - why is one needed when they outnumber the playerbase?

@Rob: I am an Admin because I was the first to be involved with Maruchan in discussions about a Modded Server. Ever. And the fact that this community has grown to be so ungrateful to him for the services he has provided has happened in the meantime, and was not something I recognized until Blake, a friend of Maruchan's that is not even a full-fledged member of the MafiaScum community, suggested Maruchan's removal as Admin.

If your goal, Rob, is to force out the entire Admin team, I would have to ask where your playerbase is at that point. 4 people...out of a server that has never had more than 10 active members...offers a saddening vision for the future of the Modded Server (if any future is to be had).

I will echo Klazam's thoughts, and add that I too am perfectly willing to step down if that is what everybody wants.

@Rob: What makes me a bad Admin in your view Rob? Serious question.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13145 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Gavin and I always have these arguments and everything between us goes back to normal.

The reason why I said make him Owner so if anything like this ever happened again someone wouldn't try to force him out as you think I am..
Owner just simply states he owns the server, pays the bill, is an admin, and earns him more respect

Okay, before the mod pack went to shit. We did have a server good base of players.

Rhinox, Mist, t-bone, dappy, Josh and his gf, agge. Along with several more.. I should go list all the people that are in portal hub.
Last edited by blake5135 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13146 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Maestro »

...how is that different from his current status on the Server?

EDIT: It's not.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13147 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Wasn't trying to kick him out of the server or anything.
Just suggested change his title, calm down.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13148 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 13137, Rob14 wrote:M created his own Ultimate server last night because he likes playing with the stuff on Ultimate, including GregTech. In fact, he specifically mentioned GregTech as something he wanted to play with. You guys have worked to create the "perfect modpack", and yet have members of your own ranks going on separate servers specifically to play mods not included in this pack. This would all be very lol-worthy if it didn't destroy my ability to play because I'm NOT going to split time between multiple servers just to get the experience I wanted in the first place - what we have RIGHT NOW, minus lag. Take DW20 and disable Mystcraft and Thaumcraft. This would be an improvement.
I start my own servers from time to time off my laptop, yes.
They have always been made public for anybody watching/wanting to join from IRC or wherever we're talking, yes.

And in my opinion, they are ABSOLUTELY no different from your little pet project, that Events Server, because NONE of the "servers" have ever stayed active for more than a week and half tops, and NONE of them offered anything to me or the other players that a multiplayer experience couldn't offer. Not to mention that my internet connection up until 24 hours ago caused such a horrendous amount of lag for anybody else that the "servers" you talk about were actually close to 50% single-player. To rebut even further, Rhinox, EspeciallyTheLies, and davroe have ALL expressed interest in joining one of these temporary "funloltimez" servers with myself and Klaz - AND THEY'VE BEEN ALLOWED TO JOIN WITHOUT HESITATION.

The fact that these temporary, personal worlds were NEVER offered as an alternative to the "Main" server, and the fact that they were never exclusive to ANYONE is something you fail to mention, and something which was NEVER brought up as an issue in the moment - you're only mentioning it now as a low-based dig against my character or some other such personal attack.

SECONDLY - it is YOUR CHOICE to not divide your time between servers, and to be perfectly frank, the REASON I joined Aperture's FTB Server (I can't speak for Klaz), is that I wanted a completely hassle-free experience where I didn't have to be the Admin. I wanted to be able to simply PLAY without worrying about getting server lag down or helping out noobs to Mods or resisting the temptation to NEI in anything my heart desired. I JUST WANTED TO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR A CHANGe, which is and never will be a crime. As I player, I have every right to do that, Rob, and you saying otherwise makes me even more sure of what I called you this evening. This is also something none of the players here ever consider when they think about removing us from our "positions of power". (loled at that phrase btw - I'm a fucking 19-year-old Admin for a Modded Minecraft Server off a forum website...if you think that's power then oi...)

The Admins want to be players too. We don't want to HAVE to worry about getting the Modpack fixed or helping you all out every time there's lag or something gets lost or destroyed, but we do because it's what we're supposed to do. And I personally never had a problem with it till this outcry of resentment over this issue.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13149 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

Blake, do you have anything else to say against me as an Admin other than my inactivity over the past few weeks?

I'd actually be very interested in hearing it, I consider you a voice of reason in this discussion and I want to know what else I've done wrong, if anything, to warrant removal - in your opinion. Same with izak. And since Klazam seems to be exempt from this opinion, I'd ask why that as well.

Return to “The Arcade”