The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13100 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:54 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

We're carrying over items?

I want my Aura Node then. >.>

And 8 stacks of UUM.
Just because.

Spoiler:
PAGE 525!
This is important because I graduate on May 25th.

Get over it.
Last edited by fuzzybutternut on Fri May 17, 2013 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13101 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:54 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

YAY CHEST!
Art is cool.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #13102 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Maestro »

I'm sure you were expecting this, though not for the same reasons I'm saying it...
In post 13100, fuzzybutternut wrote:And 8 stacks of UUM.
Just because.
lolno
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13103 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

>.> It was a joke.
lol
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13104 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Maruchan »

I may be jumping the gun/ stepping on some toes here, but ETL made a very valid point.

I'm going to make a few announcements on decisions we've made that I do NOT foresee being issues with the majority, and give you guys some stuff to look at/play with to make some of you happy and hold you over until more news comes.

I am not making anywhere near a comprehensive list, and am deliberately leaving out some mods that will and some mods that won't be included, With that out of the way, I want EVERY. LAST. PLAYER. OF (i'm going to make this 100% clear right now since as i told rob13 i failed to this time)
MY SERVER.
to watch. For those who are confused by that sentence, then I haven't been clear enough until now. I mean of course, the Feed-The-Beast Modded Minecraft Server that the majority of the community currently plays on. That is NOT a mafiascum community server in any way shape or form, even if the community does get SOME say/ does influence my own personal opinions/decisions (which you guys do don't get me wrong)< a server that is still in itself, mine.

SO ANYWAYS, A PREVIEW OF SOME OF THE COOL SHIT TO COME ON MY SERVER I WANT YOU ALL TO CHECK OUT:

(Feel free to ask any admin for more info pertaining to any of these, or discuss with each other some of these previews
IN IRC
. I would prefer we don't spam the thread YET regarding this coming update. Anyone is more than welcome to download any/all of the mods, and run them in creative mode in single=player to learn the cool stuff you'll get to see soon.)

These are the same mod, combined between the two, you should get most of the AMAZINGNESS this mod offers. Feel free to ask Rhinox about his research into this mod, he knows it extremely well.

{LEFT}This is the first in a 7-part series that all combined should take less than a half hour, and shows off some of the cool aspects of THIS mod.
{RIGHT} This guy is a bit in more in-depth, but also makes longer videos. If you have the time, I'd recommend this over the other.

Anyone who loved Thaumcraft/enjoy magick-y over tech-y, take a look at this. All you who don't fit into the above to categories, do as I asked earlier, and watch ALL of the videos, including this one. IE: Everyone should watch this.

This looks to be one of my personal new favorites, and every person from the server who i know has personally played this mod, has fallen in love with it. You might also!!!!!!

Show off your valuables and make people like me jealous because you have no life.

Don't want people finding your super secret tree house? Want to make sure nobody EVER discovers the entrance to your amazing castle? These might help with that.

and Many MANY more.

(PS: If anyone for whatever godforsaken reason has a PROBLEM with one of these, PM it to me, don't start a public discussion about it.)
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13105 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 13100, fuzzybutternut wrote:I want my Aura Node then. >.>
lol ok done
Show
Join Now!

blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13106 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:36 am

Post by blake5135 »

When was thaumcraft included on the new modpack.. :3
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13107 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Psssst. Maru. Might want to tell everyone
why
it's important they watch that stuff...

:facepalm:
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13108 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13106, blake5135 wrote:When was thaumcraft included on the new modpack.. :3
:?:
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13109 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Maruchan »

IM TYPING IT UP AT THE MOMENT! :D
Show
Join Now!

blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13110 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:53 am

Post by blake5135 »

Last time I checked we voted and removed TC back when we made that google doc. Things may have changed since then.
and my post was about dav wanting his aura node moved over. (lol)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13111 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

They haven't.

Also it looks like Tinkers Construct is going to become even more awesome very soon, looking at some of mDiyo's recent posts.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13112 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Maruchan »

The others were asking why we were waiting on this, so I might as well.

as of this post, and what comes with it, you all have ~48-72 hours TOPS until i take the old server offline.

ZE MODPACKS: (DIS GUN BE GUD)
FORGE
NEI
ForgeIRC
SOME GENERIC MINIMAP HERE (To be decided soon, it will have
A
minimap though)
SOME UNDECIDED FLAT-BEDROCK MOD HERE (there are two being discussed, in any eventuality, bedrock will ONLY be at y:1, not 2-5.)
ExtraBiomesXL
Buildcraft
--Thermal Expansion
Computer Craft
--MiscPeripherals
Forestry
--ExtraBees
Applied Energistics
Factorization
MineFactoryRL
Railcraft
Traincraft
Runic Dust Mod
Twilight Forest
Tinker's Construct
THESE MAKE UP THE BASE/BUILDING BLOCKS (keep reading before you say "BUT XXXXX IS MISSING!")
OTHER GOODIES:
BiblioCraft
CameraCraft
DamageIndicators
Ender Storage
Myrathi's Flat Signs
Myrathi's ObsidiPlates
GravityGun
InvnetoryTweaks
IronChests
ModularPowersuits
OmniTools
Ropes+
SecretRooms
Xeno's Reliquary
(Possibly a Wireless-Redstone style mod)

I don't think anyone really will have any OMG PROBLEM issues with the above list, so I won't bother justifying those decisions, if you DO have a problem with any of it, PM ME PERSONALLY, and I will discuss.

On to the real hard shit:
THE STUFF WE'RE TOSSING (I'll only add stuff to the list I think you guys care about. if you have a mod you care about that ISN'T listed above OR below, PM me and we can discuss it.)

Ars Magica - Adds shit that is too dangerous/too much spammy worldgen/ still in Alpha with bugs. M/Klaz were IN LOVE with this, and playtested it, then made a 180 on their opinion and said they refused to play with it, and me and izak didn't really care. Need more info? I HAZ INBOX!

ChestTransporter - Can be done by GravGun

CrystalWing - Ask an admin to facedesk their numpad. "/tp playername 80646+4 640 65468046" Bam. All CrystalWing Functionality restored. Oh wait you want a cheaty way to get /home with 3 seconds notice when you're in danger? THIS IS MINECRAFT NOT MY LITTLE PONY LIVE WITH THE DANGER FUCKER!

IC2+All Add Ons - M'kay, so this is how this ended up here.
Spoiler: ADMINZ DISCUSSIONS SUPERSECRETS SPOILERS AND LEAAAAAAKING
<M> IC2 is yes
<Klaz> ic2?
<M> check, moving on (I'll have more on IC2 later)
<Klaz> hypothetically
<Klaz> what if we take out ic2
<Maruchan> O.o
<Maruchan> no
<Maruchan> no
<Klaz> we lose broken armor
<Maruchan> not repalcing
<Maruchan> wit htinkers cosntruct
<Klaz> wno
<Klaz> just take it out and not replacign
<Maruchan> but
<Maruchan> ic2
<Maruchan> is like
<Maruchan> ic2?
<Klaz> hypothetical
<Maruchan> isn't it liek a core mod?
<Klaz> who says we have to have ic2?
<Klaz> Everything it offers is availble in other mods too
<Maruchan> If we can eliminate it I'm all for it, it is by far the slowest updating piece of baloney
<Maruchan> i have ever seen
<Maruchan> it still doesn't have a release build for anythign newer than 1.4.5
<Maruchan> M?
<M> Interesting idea
<Maruchan> what are we losing that any of yo uuse on a normal basis
<Maruchan> or any of the palyers use
<Klaz> Electric shit
<Maruchan> regardless of if it can be repalced
<Klaz> mass fab
<Klaz> brokenarmor
<Maruchan> what ic2 stuff is currently widely used and whats it do
<Maruchan> brokenarmor?
<M> yes
<Klaz> Quantum
<M> ore processing...
<M> multitools
<M> but hmm
<M> interesting

Spoiler: Izak's reaction
I'll look at everything properly later, but please tell me this bit is some kind of big mistake?[.......]what the fuck were you all smoking when you discussed this one? I can't access the logs because they're set as private. But I can't possibly imagine you guys have a decent reason to randomly cut out one of the biggest and most important mods on the list - one that has been taken as an automatic inclusion right from the start.[........]

Spoiler: How kalz retaliated to his hypothetical idea that spawned a monster!
IndustrialCraft 2 (+AvdMch, ChgPad, GrvSut, AdvSlrPnl, GrgTch, NclCtr) - MARUCHAN- UNPRIVATE logs. Gist of the discussion- i brought up hypothetically- if this mod was removed, what happens. Everyone goes OH NOES THIS&THAT. But, we all realizes that MANY other mods already do every function in this mod. Everything this mod is done by other mods. The one thing that doesn't- UUM. which is as broken as hell, and lures people in using solely this mod- example-davroe. Now that davroe has reached IC2 Endgame, its pointless to dabble in any other mods, which made dav utterly bored. This isnt an experience we want. The absence of ic2 may be a suprising thing, but AGAIN, other mods can do stuff this mod does, so we wouldnt be losing anything, really. (OH WAIT WHAT ABOUT QUANTUMARMOR) Q-Suit armor is utterly broken, and straight up outclasses everything else, including modular powersuits which is very interesting but nearly never used because of the Q-Suit.

Spoiler: Izak really hates the idea of getting rid of IC2. If we can convince him, we can convince you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is so, SO much wrong with this...

Other mods DO NOT fulfil all of IC2's functionality. Not even close. Jetpacks are an obvious one. Then there's construction foam. Nano/qsuit armor. Bronze tools and armor. ITNT and Dynamite. Electric tools and the mining laser. The teleporter. Tesla coils. Massive, MASSIVE one here, especially without TC3's warded blocks: the PERSONAL SAFE. None of these are covered by another mod anywhere near as smoothly. And biggest of them all, THE MACHINES. The only mod that comes even vaguely close to IC2 in terms of machinery is Thermal Expansion, and while that's nice and all, it's severely limited. BC power is really terrible designed by comparison, and the lack of any way of upgrading machines mean early-game and endgame are pretty much the same in terms of machinery.

You guys... :facepalm: you complain about GregTech because it makes IC2 stuff challenging to get. Then when we cut out GregTech, suddenly everything's too easy and overpowered. To start off with, one of the first things we established about the modpack was that UUM was OP as it was. THIS IS NOT NEWS TO US. THIS IS WHY WE'RE USING THE MATTER FABRICATOR INSTEAD OF THE MASS FABRICATOR IN THE NEW PACK. IT IS ___CONFIGURABLE___. It is only as under- or over-powered as we make it. As for QSuit, the complaints are more valid here. But the point remains that THIS STUFF IS NOT EASY TO GET. It REQUIRES Iridium, which REQUIRES a Mass/Matter Fab. Ergo, we can control how hard it is to get. And lets not forget the massive amount of work needed to get a good enough power supply going to feed a full set of Qsuit - let alone the GravyChest.

If MineFactory REALLY provides reasonable alternatives to all this, I'll back down. But from what I've seen it doesn't even BEGIN to compare.

Spoiler: *COUGH*2dayslater8COUGH*
You have successfully brainwashed me. IC2 sucks, Tinker's is awesome. All hail the hypno-noodle.

Spoiler: Sp we asked why the change of heart and got this
For IC2 it was looking at the other mod that would need to fill it's void - BC/TE, AE, etc., and it turns out they're better suited than I thought, especially TE.

I therfore urge you all to talk to izak (REMEMBER THAT GUY THAT LIEKS GREGTECH AHRD MODE? YEAH? HIS NAME IS IZAK!. KNOW THAT GUY WE ALL CONVINCED IC2 WAS BAD IDEA?!? YEAH YEAH?!?! his name is izak. If he was convinced, he can convince you better than I can.

basically: Everything IC2 does, other mods do as well, and some much much better.
It had broken armor and UUM (which i absolutely hate, no players should be unkillable by OPs, and UUM should not exist -smite dav-), it update slower than a snail (still has a published most-recent RELEASE FOR 1.4.5 FROM LAST DECEMBER/NOVEMBER), it generally causes lots of issues server side (BLAKE BLOWS UP NUKES, I LIKE TO EXPLODE 20 NUKES AT A TIME TO MAKE A CRATER IN THE OCEAN AND CRASH THE SERVER, etc), plus as stated above, you all need to broaden your horizons. Dav is bored because he only cares about ic2.
I DO NOT WANT TO SEE COMPLAINTS ABOUT IC2 MADE ANYWHERE PUBLIC. IRC/HERE/ETC. IF YOU WANT TO BE CONVINCED WHY IC2 SUCKS, PM M OR IZAK FIRST< FOLLOWED BY KLAZ. DON'T ASK ME I ALREADY SAID WHY I THINK IT SUCKS. IF YOU WANT TO BITCH ABOUT IC2 BEING GONE, INBOX ME NOT THE OTHER MODS, I WILL REPLY WITH "ok, and?" AND PROMPTLY DISMISS YOUR REASONS WHY I SHOULD RE-ADD IT. THIS IS A DONE DEAL. THE ONLY THING YOU ACHIEVE BY BITCHING AND MOANING IS WRITING A BITCHY PM I WILL IGNORE!
(PS: Rob13, feel free to discuss anything you want with me in ic2, i will discuss you to death night and day. you will not convince me to re add this no matter what you say. keep that in mind before discussing with me)

Infernal Mobs/MCHerds - Was determined mist would quit the server because of the exponential increase in rate of death to time spent alive. We couldn't lose mist.

Minions - Wanted, was playtested, was shitty compared to Thaum minions, trust me, none of you want this.

PortalGun - We all wanted the music, the guns and boots are broken, and cause massive strain on server. end of story?

RP2 - SEE: Flaky mod devs who don't update for 9+ months at a time.

Ruins - Spammy, nothing really cool added

Soul Shards - KEEP IN MIND WE CONVINCED IZAK AND KLAZ THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE, WE MUST HAVE GOOD REASONS. The only way this was being added was with rules such as the following: If you are caught capturing spawners, you are banned. If you are caught sharing soul shards with other users, and not using exclusively for yourself, you are banned. If you make a tier5 and turn it on without explicit admin approval every time you turn it on, you are banned. Etc. Do you guys still really want it, since the only person who did enough modkilling to use it was klaz? Go make a diamond sword inbue it with 10000000 Tinkers Construct add-ons, and return to how vanilla was played. KILL SOME DAMN MOBS.

Steve's Carts - Nobody wanted this, so we hired blake to defend it to us since he uses it more than anyone else..
Spoiler: THE DECISONZ TIMEZ
<Maruchan> blake i wanted yout input before i let it get scratched fro mthe server
<Maruchan> so if yo uwant any chance of it appearign i nthe server
<Maruchan> prove to me why i should ignore M and klaz
<blakewashere> uh i could care less.
<blakewashere> lmfao

There you have it.

XyCraft - not allowed in packs yet.

IF YO UWANT EXERPTS FROM THE DISCUSSIONS AND LOGS FROM ANY MOD ABOVE APPROVED OR NOT, OR ANY MOD ON THIS LIST ask me for it.

KEEP ANY COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS TO PMS PLEASE, LETS NOT START DRAMA FEST NOW!!!!!!!!

The last word from admin team: this is not a community server. this is a Maruchan's-Server-but-he-gets-bored-and-lonely-playing-alone-SO-HE-INVITES-YOU-TO-JOIN-HIM-ON-HIS-SERVER style server, not a community-run server like the MS server.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13113 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Maruchan »

The others were asking why we were waiting on this, so I might as well.

as of this post, and what comes with it, you all have ~48-72 hours TOPS until i take the old server offline.

ZE MODPACKS: (DIS GUN BE GUD)
FORGE
NEI
ForgeIRC
SOME GENERIC MINIMAP HERE (To be decided soon, it will have
A
minimap though)
SOME UNDECIDED FLAT-BEDROCK MOD HERE (there are two being discussed, in any eventuality, bedrock will ONLY be at y:1, not 2-5.)
ExtraBiomesXL
Buildcraft
--Thermal Expansion
Computer Craft
--MiscPeripherals
Forestry
--ExtraBees
Applied Energistics
Factorization
MineFactoryRL
Railcraft
Traincraft
Runic Dust Mod
Twilight Forest
Tinker's Construct
THESE MAKE UP THE BASE/BUILDING BLOCKS (keep reading before you say "BUT XXXXX IS MISSING!")
OTHER GOODIES:
BiblioCraft
CameraCraft
DamageIndicators
Ender Storage
Myrathi's Flat Signs
Myrathi's ObsidiPlates
GravityGun
InvnetoryTweaks
IronChests
ModularPowersuits
OmniTools
Ropes+
SecretRooms
Xeno's Reliquary
(Possibly a Wireless-Redstone style mod)

I don't think anyone really will have any OMG PROBLEM issues with the above list, so I won't bother justifying those decisions, if you DO have a problem with any of it, PM ME PERSONALLY, and I will discuss.

On to the real hard shit:
THE STUFF WE'RE TOSSING (I'll only add stuff to the list I think you guys care about. if you have a mod you care about that ISN'T listed above OR below, PM me and we can discuss it.)

Ars Magica - Adds shit that is too dangerous/too much spammy worldgen/ still in Alpha with bugs. M/Klaz were IN LOVE with this, and playtested it, then made a 180 on their opinion and said they refused to play with it, and me and izak didn't really care. Need more info? I HAZ INBOX!

ChestTransporter - Can be done by GravGun

CrystalWing - Ask an admin to facedesk their numpad. "/tp playername 80646+4 640 65468046" Bam. All CrystalWing Functionality restored. Oh wait you want a cheaty way to get /home with 3 seconds notice when you're in danger? THIS IS MINECRAFT NOT MY LITTLE PONY LIVE WITH THE DANGER FUCKER!

IC2+All Add Ons - M'kay, so this is how this ended up here.
Spoiler: ADMINZ DISCUSSIONS SUPERSECRETS SPOILERS AND LEAAAAAAKING
<M> IC2 is yes
<Klaz> ic2?
<M> check, moving on (I'll have more on IC2 later)
<Klaz> hypothetically
<Klaz> what if we take out ic2
<Maruchan> O.o
<Maruchan> no
<Maruchan> no
<Klaz> we lose broken armor
<Maruchan> not repalcing
<Maruchan> wit htinkers cosntruct
<Klaz> wno
<Klaz> just take it out and not replacign
<Maruchan> but
<Maruchan> ic2
<Maruchan> is like
<Maruchan> ic2?
<Klaz> hypothetical
<Maruchan> isn't it liek a core mod?
<Klaz> who says we have to have ic2?
<Klaz> Everything it offers is availble in other mods too
<Maruchan> If we can eliminate it I'm all for it, it is by far the slowest updating piece of baloney
<Maruchan> i have ever seen
<Maruchan> it still doesn't have a release build for anythign newer than 1.4.5
<Maruchan> M?
<M> Interesting idea
<Maruchan> what are we losing that any of yo uuse on a normal basis
<Maruchan> or any of the palyers use
<Klaz> Electric shit
<Maruchan> regardless of if it can be repalced
<Klaz> mass fab
<Klaz> brokenarmor
<Maruchan> what ic2 stuff is currently widely used and whats it do
<Maruchan> brokenarmor?
<M> yes
<Klaz> Quantum
<M> ore processing...
<M> multitools
<M> but hmm
<M> interesting

Spoiler: Izak's reaction
I'll look at everything properly later, but please tell me this bit is some kind of big mistake?[.......]what the fuck were you all smoking when you discussed this one? I can't access the logs because they're set as private. But I can't possibly imagine you guys have a decent reason to randomly cut out one of the biggest and most important mods on the list - one that has been taken as an automatic inclusion right from the start.[........]

Spoiler: How kalz retaliated to his hypothetical idea that spawned a monster!
IndustrialCraft 2 (+AvdMch, ChgPad, GrvSut, AdvSlrPnl, GrgTch, NclCtr) - MARUCHAN- UNPRIVATE logs. Gist of the discussion- i brought up hypothetically- if this mod was removed, what happens. Everyone goes OH NOES THIS&THAT. But, we all realizes that MANY other mods already do every function in this mod. Everything this mod is done by other mods. The one thing that doesn't- UUM. which is as broken as hell, and lures people in using solely this mod- example-davroe. Now that davroe has reached IC2 Endgame, its pointless to dabble in any other mods, which made dav utterly bored. This isnt an experience we want. The absence of ic2 may be a suprising thing, but AGAIN, other mods can do stuff this mod does, so we wouldnt be losing anything, really. (OH WAIT WHAT ABOUT QUANTUMARMOR) Q-Suit armor is utterly broken, and straight up outclasses everything else, including modular powersuits which is very interesting but nearly never used because of the Q-Suit.

Spoiler: Izak really hates the idea of getting rid of IC2. If we can convince him, we can convince you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is so, SO much wrong with this...

Other mods DO NOT fulfil all of IC2's functionality. Not even close. Jetpacks are an obvious one. Then there's construction foam. Nano/qsuit armor. Bronze tools and armor. ITNT and Dynamite. Electric tools and the mining laser. The teleporter. Tesla coils. Massive, MASSIVE one here, especially without TC3's warded blocks: the PERSONAL SAFE. None of these are covered by another mod anywhere near as smoothly. And biggest of them all, THE MACHINES. The only mod that comes even vaguely close to IC2 in terms of machinery is Thermal Expansion, and while that's nice and all, it's severely limited. BC power is really terrible designed by comparison, and the lack of any way of upgrading machines mean early-game and endgame are pretty much the same in terms of machinery.

You guys... :facepalm: you complain about GregTech because it makes IC2 stuff challenging to get. Then when we cut out GregTech, suddenly everything's too easy and overpowered. To start off with, one of the first things we established about the modpack was that UUM was OP as it was. THIS IS NOT NEWS TO US. THIS IS WHY WE'RE USING THE MATTER FABRICATOR INSTEAD OF THE MASS FABRICATOR IN THE NEW PACK. IT IS ___CONFIGURABLE___. It is only as under- or over-powered as we make it. As for QSuit, the complaints are more valid here. But the point remains that THIS STUFF IS NOT EASY TO GET. It REQUIRES Iridium, which REQUIRES a Mass/Matter Fab. Ergo, we can control how hard it is to get. And lets not forget the massive amount of work needed to get a good enough power supply going to feed a full set of Qsuit - let alone the GravyChest.

If MineFactory REALLY provides reasonable alternatives to all this, I'll back down. But from what I've seen it doesn't even BEGIN to compare.

Spoiler: *COUGH*2dayslater8COUGH*
You have successfully brainwashed me. IC2 sucks, Tinker's is awesome. All hail the hypno-noodle.

Spoiler: Sp we asked why the change of heart and got this
For IC2 it was looking at the other mod that would need to fill it's void - BC/TE, AE, etc., and it turns out they're better suited than I thought, especially TE.

I therfore urge you all to talk to izak (REMEMBER THAT GUY THAT LIEKS GREGTECH AHRD MODE? YEAH? HIS NAME IS IZAK!. KNOW THAT GUY WE ALL CONVINCED IC2 WAS BAD IDEA?!? YEAH YEAH?!?! his name is izak. If he was convinced, he can convince you better than I can.

basically: Everything IC2 does, other mods do as well, and some much much better.
It had broken armor and UUM (which i absolutely hate, no players should be unkillable by OPs, and UUM should not exist -smite dav-), it update slower than a snail (still has a published most-recent RELEASE FOR 1.4.5 FROM LAST DECEMBER/NOVEMBER), it generally causes lots of issues server side (BLAKE BLOWS UP NUKES, I LIKE TO EXPLODE 20 NUKES AT A TIME TO MAKE A CRATER IN THE OCEAN AND CRASH THE SERVER, etc), plus as stated above, you all need to broaden your horizons. Dav is bored because he only cares about ic2.
I DO NOT WANT TO SEE COMPLAINTS ABOUT IC2 MADE ANYWHERE PUBLIC. IRC/HERE/ETC. IF YOU WANT TO BE CONVINCED WHY IC2 SUCKS, PM M OR IZAK FIRST< FOLLOWED BY KLAZ. DON'T ASK ME I ALREADY SAID WHY I THINK IT SUCKS. IF YOU WANT TO BITCH ABOUT IC2 BEING GONE, INBOX ME NOT THE OTHER MODS, I WILL REPLY WITH "ok, and?" AND PROMPTLY DISMISS YOUR REASONS WHY I SHOULD RE-ADD IT. THIS IS A DONE DEAL. THE ONLY THING YOU ACHIEVE BY BITCHING AND MOANING IS WRITING A BITCHY PM I WILL IGNORE!
(PS: Rob13, feel free to discuss anything you want with me in ic2, i will discuss you to death night and day. you will not convince me to re add this no matter what you say. keep that in mind before discussing with me)

Infernal Mobs/MCHerds - Was determined mist would quit the server because of the exponential increase in rate of death to time spent alive. We couldn't lose mist.

Minions - Wanted, was playtested, was shitty compared to Thaum minions, trust me, none of you want this.

PortalGun - We all wanted the music, the guns and boots are broken, and cause massive strain on server. end of story?

RP2 - SEE: Flaky mod devs who don't update for 9+ months at a time.

Ruins - Spammy, nothing really cool added

Soul Shards - KEEP IN MIND WE CONVINCED IZAK AND KLAZ THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE, WE MUST HAVE GOOD REASONS. The only way this was being added was with rules such as the following: If you are caught capturing spawners, you are banned. If you are caught sharing soul shards with other users, and not using exclusively for yourself, you are banned. If you make a tier5 and turn it on without explicit admin approval every time you turn it on, you are banned. Etc. Do you guys still really want it, since the only person who did enough modkilling to use it was klaz? Go make a diamond sword inbue it with 10000000 Tinkers Construct add-ons, and return to how vanilla was played. KILL SOME DAMN MOBS.

Steve's Carts - Nobody wanted this, so we hired blake to defend it to us since he uses it more than anyone else..
Spoiler: THE DECISONZ TIMEZ
<Maruchan> blake i wanted yout input before i let it get scratched fro mthe server
<Maruchan> so if yo uwant any chance of it appearign i nthe server
<Maruchan> prove to me why i should ignore M and klaz
<blakewashere> uh i could care less.
<blakewashere> lmfao

There you have it.

XyCraft - not allowed in packs yet.

IF YO UWANT EXERPTS FROM THE DISCUSSIONS AND LOGS FROM ANY MOD ABOVE APPROVED OR NOT, OR ANY MOD ON THIS LIST ask me for it.

KEEP ANY COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS TO PMS PLEASE, LETS NOT START DRAMA FEST NOW!!!!!!!!

The last word from admin team: this is not a community server. this is a Maruchan's-Server-but-he-gets-bored-and-lonely-playing-alone-SO-HE-INVITES-YOU-TO-JOIN-HIM-ON-HIS-SERVER style server, not a community-run server like the MS server.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13114 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Oh yeah, Thaum/Myst, nixxed by all admins based on fucks our server up.
Show
Join Now!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13115 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

For the record I still think everyone involved is a whiny baby when it comes to IC2/GregTech. But I appreciate why it has to go.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13116 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Maruchan »

For the record my IRC pings agree with you.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13117 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Maruchan »

M delete the poll and start a new one:

Should recent decisions behind closed doors constitute a re-rolling of the admins, meaning maru, M, klaz, and izak all get kicked otu and new people in?
Yes (if yes say who)
No.

Lets see how upset the community truly is about this. I made a point all countries and companies the owner makes a decision based on his ideas of what he THINKS is best for all, and the counter-arguer to my point said they can all be voted out, so I am giving the opportunity to vote me out. I will continue to pay for the server, and let someone else run everything.

The vote with last two weeks, and needs a 66% majority for yes to win.
Show
Join Now!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13118 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 13117, Maruchan wrote:M delete the poll and start a new one:

Should recent decisions behind closed doors constitute a re-rolling of the admins, meaning maru, M, klaz, and izak all get kicked otu and new people in?
Yes (if yes say who)
No.

BIG FAT NO

You guys are awesome and I DO NOT WANT ANYONE ELSE.

:evil:
Art is cool.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13119 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by T-Bone »

YES BECAUSE I AM THE TRUE RULER
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13120 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Yes because I want more active admins in-game. Not ones that have to log on when a member complains about something wrong or something.

more reasons in irc.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13121 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Yes because of the IC2 removal without any discussion or the inclusion or bringing in of any active IC2 user from the community.

And no, Izak does NOT count. He is NOT part of the community. He was 3 months ago. He isn't now. I can't remember the last time I saw him in-game or on IRC.

Also, I'd love to obey Maru's directive of no public discussion about anything (because what better way to control the masses), but I was banned from the IRC channel for getting angry at M for calling me names like a 2-year-old. Specifically, he called me a "pretentious twat". Earlier today, before the announcement of IC2 being taken out, he suggested I have psychological problems because I prefer to start with IC2, the mod I know best, in any modded server. He also said multiple times he "pitied me". These are your admins, people. *slow clap*

I'm out. I don't have time for this. This community is fucking great, and I've loved being a part of it, but it's not worth dealing with this admin team pushing their preferred playstyle down my throat and outright insulting me when I don't want to go along with it without the slightest question.
Last edited by Rob14 on Fri May 17, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13122 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by blake5135 »

^^
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13123 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 13120, blake5135 wrote:Yes because I want more active admins in-game. Not ones that have to log on when a member complains about something wrong or something.

more reasons in irc.
In post 13121, Rob14 wrote:Yes because of the IC2 removal without any discussion or the inclusion or bringing in of any active IC2 user from the community.

And no, Izak does NOT count. He is NOT part of the community. He was 3 months ago. He isn't now. I can't remember the last time I saw him in-game or on IRC.

Also, I'd love to obey Maru's directive of no public discussion about anything (because what better way to control the masses), but I was banned from the IRC channel for getting angry at M for calling me names like a 2-year-old. Specifically, he called me a "pretentious twat". Earlier today, before the announcement of IC2 being taken out, he suggested I have psychological problems because I prefer to start with IC2, the mod I know best, in any modded server. He also said multiple times he "pitied me". These are your admins, people. *slow clap*

I'm out. I don't have time for this. This community is fucking great, and I've loved being a part of it, but it's not worth dealing with this admin team pushing their preferred playstyle down my throat.
p sure i said (and name who)
Show
Join Now!

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13124 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Blake, the above post was editted. You may want to change yours if you don't fully agree with what's now written.

Return to “The Arcade”