The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13075 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Maruchan »

^^^^^^

The exact number of items being brought over isn't yet fully set in stone, if ANY (we've only mentioned it about 2 months ago early-on in planning), so limit yourself to no more than 1 full double-chest. And even that will likely be too much.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13076 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 13071, Rob14 wrote:Mist didn't blow herself up. Come on, M, she's smarter than that. Instead, she blew up the floor under her feet and fell 20+ blocks to her death.

Totally different.
*sigh*
You Are Worth It
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13077 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 13069, Maestro wrote:
Spoiler: Oh, and by the way...

YEEEEEEEEEES

i hate you
Show
Join Now!

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13078 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Klazam »

we will do our best to finish this ASAP.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13079 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Hey! Another Events Server announcement!

I need to gauge how available people are over the next week and a half, during which I'm available basically any time to run stuff. To do so, I'm going to ask the "regulars" to fill out a quick calendar saying when they're available. Considering the impending FTB server restart, which will likely temporarily decrease activity on the server as we don't want to immediately lose any progress made, I'm going to try to throw up events as often as I can to keep people from getting bored.

So here's the link to the Doodle: http://www.doodle.com/vf9ycxr8bkyushg4

All you have to do is type in your username and then check off the listed times that you're available. Just approximate - I'm trying to get a general idea of what times people would prefer, I don't need exact figures. If you have any problems with the Doodle, PM me and let me know or hit me up on IRC.

~Rob
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #13080 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by Maestro »

done rob, and Maru/izak - I'll be on a lot nowadays that finals are over

hit me up guys, let's get this thing out

also SHUT UP MARU, MINE USED TO BE "F+" REMEMBER?! I DESERVE THIS
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13081 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 13073, Maruchan wrote:<Maruchan> it'l ldefinitely be < 1 full chest worth
<Maruchan> so make a ful lchest of anything in it yo uwant kept
<Maruchan> and start soign that ASAP
In post 13074, izakthegoomba wrote:I plan to mess with the individual player.dat files to facilitate moving stuff over, so if (for example) we decide on bringing a hotbar full of stuff over, make sure that's on your hotbar ASAP.

(also note not all mods, and therefore not all items, will be moving across to the new pack)
Assuming forestry will still be in, can I petition that my bred forestry saplings count separate from whatever inventory space is allotted for moving stuff to the new world? I worked really hard to get them all, it took me a while (see post history ITT), and I only just finished up with the last bred sapling last time I was on the server. If I have to use my allotted slots for saving my saplings that won't leave me much if any room to transfer any other stuff. They definitely won't even all fit on one hotbar :(
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13082 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

RHINOX. WHY CAN'T I BREED MY OAK AND BIRCH :(
I WANT SILVER LIME.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13083 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 11802, Maestro wrote:That website is fun. I just checked my grandmother's internet access...

I'll do my own and post it when I get home. Wheeeee!

Expected it to be 10x better than that... :(

And Klaz, I'll help you search for some land near Atlantis if you like...?
In post 13069, Maestro wrote:
Spoiler: Oh, and by the way...

YEEEEEEEEEES
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13084 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Spoiler:

Not bad for two bars of Connectivity.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13085 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Rhinox »

What bees are you using? If you can get industrious branch or agrarian, they will mutate faster.

Also, make sure you're using pure oak and pure birch (aka the vanilla saplings you find around the world), and only plant those trees. Plant a number of each surrounding your apiaries. Any mutated sapling you get other than the one you want, you should throw out / turn into biomass / whatever. For example, you'll get some oak/birch or birch/oak hybrids. If you plant an oak/birch next to a birch it looks like an oak and a birch tree but when the mutation happens it could actually use the recessive birch traits from the oak tree some of the time and you won't get your silver lime. Also make sure your apiaries are below the leaves - mutations only happen above the apiaries up to whatever range. When you get really tall trees, you might have to elevate the apiaries closer to the leaves but the vanilla trees are all low enough. umm... if you've been logged on for a while trying to get saplings, try logging out and logging back in (or just leaving the area (chunks must unload) and returning) - there is a bug in forestry where leaf blocks mutate but you can't see the mutation until the blocks reload. When other ppl come visit you they may see the mutation even though you can't, so its a client side bug. ummm... thats all I can really think about for now. It should definitely work for you, but might take some time until you're using good bees (ones with good pollination). All bees work though some just take a lot longer than others. I read somewhere that only bees that use flowers and mushrooms as flowers work, but I also definitely got some mutations using tropical bees which use vines as flowers it just took a lot longer to mutate.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13086 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Perhaps you could get on the server and come check out my setup to tell me what i'm doing wrong then. :S
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13087 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by Rhinox »

downloading modpack now for DW 5.3 but sure I'll come look
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13088 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

awesome.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13089 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Lurker »

When I get back on, I'll have a tier 5 Wither Skellie spawner to get, and then...

FREE COAL FOREVAR!

Wait... (sees that coal can be made with UU matter, and is disappointed since everyone else can get free coal too.)

OH COME ON!
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13090 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Maru and Rob, send me a pm, I want to talk to both of you about a few things.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13091 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13081, Rhinox wrote:Assuming forestry will still be in, can I petition that my bred forestry saplings count separate from whatever inventory space is allotted for moving stuff to the new world? I worked really hard to get them all, it took me a while (see post history ITT), and I only just finished up with the last bred sapling last time I was on the server. If I have to use my allotted slots for saving my saplings that won't leave me much if any room to transfer any other stuff. They definitely won't even all fit on one hotbar :(
Forestry is definitely going to be in the new pack. How many are we talking? Because I think a hotbar full is far too restrictive, personally - I'd argue for an inventory full. Would they fit if we went with that?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13092 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 13091, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 13081, Rhinox wrote:Assuming forestry will still be in, can I petition that my bred forestry saplings count separate from whatever inventory space is allotted for moving stuff to the new world? I worked really hard to get them all, it took me a while (see post history ITT), and I only just finished up with the last bred sapling last time I was on the server. If I have to use my allotted slots for saving my saplings that won't leave me much if any room to transfer any other stuff. They definitely won't even all fit on one hotbar :(
Forestry is definitely going to be in the new pack. How many are we talking? Because I think a hotbar full is far too restrictive, personally - I'd argue for an inventory full. Would they fit if we went with that?
I believe there are 17 forestry saplings - and I'm only concerned with the pure ones aka what would be spawned in from NEI, not any special saplings with custom traits like the super apple trees I was talking about breeding earlier in the thread.

But I forgot forestry backpacks were a thing, I can put them all in 1 and then it only takes up one inv slot. Then everything else I would want to transfer likely would fit in my hotbar or close to it. Would that be a better option? I've been hearing some concerns from more than 1 person about me being able to keep any of my trees at all let alone having them be an exemption to any inventory transfer slot limit. I've heard there's a chance they may be placed on a "not allowed" list. I've heard things like they're endgame stuff, or that I won't be as active as if I don't transfer my saplings, or that I won't try new mods, etc. While I'll gladly cordially debate any of these points with anyone publically or privately, I really don't want to make a big deal about it, and I really didn't think it would be a big deal due to how functionally useless the saplings are.

My case for keeping my saplings really just comes down to, they're NOT endgame items, they don't provide me any functional advantage, they're only really cosmetic, and to redo them amounts to just sitting around on the server staring at leaf blocks for a month waiting for them to change color. There are many other truly endgame items that people on the server will likely get to within the first week before I'm even set up to tree breed again on a new server. There are likely things people will be transferring that are more useful than my saplings. I'd like to move onto exploring other things as well, but I won't be able to if I'm forced to redo my saplings for at least a month. I'm not likely to be as enthusiastic about doing it the second time around and thus likely my activity on the server would be affected negatively. (ie there were times I stayed up later than I should have because I was excited to breed the next sapling but the second time around, I'm not losing sleep over it and that means I'm not spending as much time on the server). I also just finished breeding every tree, and I don't even have any time to enjoy them due to the upcoming reset. I haven't done anything at all with them yet other than stick the saplings in a chest. In forestry alone, there are many more things that IMO are further down the tech tree because I haven't even done them yet - full bee breeding, multifarms, specially bred trees, and advanced bee breeding machines. If I have to redo saplings, I'm at least a month away from even thinking about moving on to anything else. I also don't really have anything else not easily remakeable to transfer, so without my trees being permissible, I'd be just as well off starting completely from scratch with no transferred items. In fact, I'd feel unfairly handicapped since everyone else presumably has useful things/tools/machines/etc that they will be allowed to transfer, but I have nothing except my apparently OP but functionally useless saplings.

Anyways thats all I've really got to say about it. I didn't think it would be such a devisive issue, and I don't mean to cause drama with it. Thats my case decide what you will, and I'll abide by the decision.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13093 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Rob14 »

Currently scheduled events:

Saturday, May 18th at 9:00PM - Crown Conquest
NEW!
Sunday, May 19th at 7:30PM - Survival Games (aka Hunger Games)

Server IP: 74.111.11.149:25565

Reminder: Please fill out this Doodle if you haven't already so that I can continue scheduling events over the next two weeks when there is a demand for them.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13094 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Maruchan »

don't think backpacks will work to be transferred over with player files, so plan on not having the use of any magically-enhanced storage spaces.
Show
Join Now!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13095 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

They would work, but I'd say we should disallow any items which can be used to carry other items. Void tears, anyone? :P

Anyway, I'm thinking it would be easier if instead of moving player files, we had a bunch of chests near spawn and people can label them with their name and put the stuff they want to keep in them. One chest-full seems reasonable (it's less than an inventory-full), and it would be easier to manage that way.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13096 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Maruchan »

how, we can't move chunk data?
Show
Join Now!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13097 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 6:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Grab a copy of the world just before we take the server down and put it up for download somewhere, I'll handle it from there.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13098 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Maestro »

Maru, chest contents can be manipulated and carried over - or even put into player inventories when the new map goes up
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13099 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 7:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yup. Also having stuff in chests makes it many, many times easier for me to check for disallowed items, or stuff from mods that aren't coming over with us. Also it lets me link it to a starter kit system much more easily.

Return to “The Arcade”