milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:58 am

Post by milkman »

I'm voting for you because you had a lot of trouble jumping off the Angus wagon, and this post:
Y wrote:Does any one else has a real life character? Does any one else has an artist?

His character sounds very different than mine and I want to see if we can find any patterns.
Role fishing always seems scummy to me. I can't see this information helping the town more than it helps scum. In this case, Angus's character is an artist and his role's ability is to draw for the town. If people started claiming other real life characters, then the mafia might have been able to establish roles for those characters.

Role fishing also gives scum safe claims. Scum can make easy pro-town character claims, if they know there are a multitude of artists or other real life characters in the game.

These posts:
Y wrote:We're at P10 and D1 doesn't seem to have an end.

I'll Confirm Vote: Masterchief. His post count is 9, content - 0.
We can't afford to ourselves having some one at endgame that we don't have any read on. He was here, he was posting and he gave us nothing.

We need some progress.
jack wrote: ehhh, I don't know, what's the rush? I'm getting a bit of a scummy "let's end this already and lynch a lurker" feel from that post.
Y wrote:The rush is that the game started at a good pace and faded out. I hate D1s, especially if they are as boring as this one became.
At this point you don't really correct what jack is saying, and you just brush off his attack.

Then Twito adds more pressure and you start to backtrack:
Y wrote:@ Twito: Can you tell me exactly what is scummy about me (This goes for all the people voting me)?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants D1 to end.
But, I didn't say you should all just vote some one for the sake of ending D1. I said that I want it to end and confirmed a vote I already had with a good reason.

I've seen days ending with the "Lets just kill somebody" reason and it's not what I was saying.
I thought rushing meant just killing somebody to end the day. You are rushing right? You told Jack that you were. Maybe I don't know what rushing is, could you define it for me?
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Twito »

Actually now that I count them I have 15 games atm.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:07 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Masterchief wagon > Y wagon.
#greenshirtthursdays
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Jack »

Zindaras wrote:Err, it's still "tomorrow".

Well, at least, for me it is.
It was two days, and he posted yesterday in "artifacts" in which you were also playing and posting. You attacked me for voting him and now you are outright defending him. What's up with that?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I think he'll get around to it.

*shrugs*

If he waits too long, yeah, he could get my vote.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Jack »

Zindaras wrote:I think he'll get around to it.

*shrugs*

If he waits too long, yeah, he could get my vote.
Image scumdar Image
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Coron »

In my defense it's a lot easier to keep up with a game than to catch up on one. If I get behind on games I have to spend a large lump of time to really catch up, however if I just need to keep up it only takes a few minutes.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Coron »

In my defense it's a lot easier to keep up with a game than to catch up on one. If I get behind on games I have to spend a large lump of time to really catch up, however if I just need to keep up it only takes a few minutes.

unvote vote: Milkman
clearly scum.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Y »

milkman wrote:I thought rushing meant just killing somebody to end the day. You are rushing right? You told Jack that you were. Maybe I don't know what rushing is, could you define it for me?
Sure:
Dictionary.com wrote:To cause to move, act, or progress quickly; hurry:
He rushed his roommate to get to the party on time.
It means to do something fast, it doesn't mean to do something for the sake of doing it nor do something stupid.

My rush, as you say, is to get progress. Writing a lot of meaningless posts quoting other meaningless posts or arguing about something that doesn't lead us anywhere is slowing the game, therefore I'm "rushing" it - Trying to make it move faster.

It is the third time I'm saying it and I hope you won't ignore it like the first two times (Which is very convenient for your accusation):
I wasn't saying "Lets kill some one, whoever it is, just do it already", I said "Lets finish this day already. My suspect right now is X because of reasons A, B and C". Or in simpler words: "I want this day to end, so I'll help moving it forward".

Furthermore, I wasn't the one to say the word "Rush". Jack used it and I answered with the same words to create continuity.

You're understanding my posts as you wish and ignore my responses. If you can't ignore one, you just call it "backtrack" and try to make it look like an excuse.

Since I'm the one that writes the most, I'm the easiest target to get straw-manned. You're getting things out of context and ignore answers.

Unvote, Vote: milkman.
HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by HurriKaty »

milkman wrote:I'm voting for you because you had a lot of trouble jumping off the Angus wagon, and this post:
Y wrote:Does any one else has a real life character? Does any one else has an artist?

His character sounds very different than mine and I want to see if we can find any patterns.
Role fishing always seems scummy to me. I can't see this information helping the town more than it helps scum. In this case, Angus's character is an artist and his role's ability is to draw for the town. If people started claiming other real life characters, then the mafia might have been able to establish roles for those characters.

Role fishing also gives scum safe claims. Scum can make easy pro-town character claims, if they know there are a multitude of artists or other real life characters in the game.
You know, even though the bandwagon is on him at this point and this could endanger me.. he's actually right.
HurriKaty: *runs over Nightson with a mack truck*
Jathan84: OWNED BITCH
Filiusnocte: *is run over*
Filiusnocte: *bites Katy anyway*
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Vote Count:

Y
- 3 - milkman, AngusHutchsky, Twito

milkman
- 2 - Coron, Y

Masterchief
- 1 - ChannelDelibird
Zindaras
- 1 - draygn_mage
Twito
- 1 - StallingChamp
Coron
- 1 - Jack
HurriKaty
- 1 -Zindaras

Those who have forgotten they're in the chat room
- 2 - Masterchief, HurriKaty

12 in the room, so 7 to kick somebody out of the chat.

Tentative deadline for Sunday, January 28, 10 PM PST.
Last edited by al_kohaulec on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:45 pm

Post by Y »

HurriKaty wrote:You know, even though the bandwagon is on him at this point and this could endanger me.. he's actually right.
Indeed. I made a mistake. This question should be asked much further in the game. As soon as I understood it, I let it go and never mentioned it again.

Mod: The vote count has my name appearing twice.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:53 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Thank you Y, vote count fixed.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Zindaras »

Seriously, why isn't Katy getting more votes?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:04 am

Post by milkman »

k.

At first you where like:
Y wrote:The rush is that the game started at a good pace and faded out. I hate D1s, especially if they are as boring as this one became.
"Yeah, I'm rushing. I hate D1."

Then you where like:
Y wrote:@ Twito: Can you tell me exactly what is scummy about me (This goes for all the people voting me)?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants D1 to end. But, I didn't say you should all just vote some one for the sake of ending D1.
I said that I want it to end and confirmed a vote I already had with a good reason.

I've seen days ending with the "Lets just kill somebody" reason and it's not what I was saying.
"I want D1 to end, but I'm not rushing it."

Now that's why I thought it was backtracking.
Y wrote:
HurriKaty wrote:You know, even though the bandwagon is on him at this point and this could endanger me.. he's actually right.
Indeed. I made a mistake. This question should be asked much further in the game. As soon as I understood it, I let it go and never mentioned it again.
That question should never be asked in a game like this. Mass roleclaims are only useful in open games or theme games with source material. (Some rare occasions too.) This game has a huge number of plausible claims because it's not based on anything. While the town is claiming real characters, the mafia can just fake claims. The mafia would gain so much information, while the town would still have a lot to dig through, and have o deal with any improbable claims by townies. It seems like a detriment to the town, yet you keep leaving it open as an option. You did this earlier too.
Y wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote: Y's post #83 rubs me up the wrong way. Could be rolefishing under the cover of trying to disprove Angus' claim.
Eventually we will have to do it. There's usually a pattern.

But D1 might be too soon though...
HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by HurriKaty »

Y wrote:
Dont you think before posting? I usually think about five minutes before posting anything no matter how short it is. :shock:

Zindaras, must you constantly beat a dead horse?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by Zindaras »

HurriKaty wrote:Zindaras, must you constantly beat a dead horse?
You're not dead.

I have already stated that I wish to know your opinions. You said you wouldn't, because then you'd just be echoing others. That is entirely irrelevant, as that'd mean that nobody would ever be able to agree with someone else. You still haven't given anything remotely resembling what I want to see from you.

Scum, yo.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Y »

milkman wrote:That question should never be asked in a game like this. Mass roleclaims are only useful in open games or theme games with source material. (Some rare occasions too.) This game has a huge number of plausible claims because it's not based on anything. While the town is claiming real characters, the mafia can just fake claims. The mafia would gain so much information, while the town would still have a lot to dig through, and have o deal with any improbable claims by townies. It seems like a detriment to the town, yet you keep leaving it open as an option. You did this earlier too.
I agree with you. I didn't think about it this way. I did a mistake and I won't repeat it.
HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by HurriKaty »

Zindaras wrote:
HurriKaty wrote:Zindaras, must you constantly beat a dead horse?
You're not dead.

I have already stated that I wish to know your opinions.
You said you wouldn't, because then you'd just be echoing others. That is entirely irrelevant, as that'd mean that nobody would ever be able to agree with someone else.
You still haven't given anything remotely resembling what I want to see from you.

Scum, yo.
Apparently this game has become all about what you want now.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:29 am

Post by Zindaras »

HurriKaty wrote:Apparently this game has become all about what you want now.
What I want is to lynch scum. You are my best shot at the matter. You refuse to give your opinions with little logical basis. When I rebut it and say you should give your opinions anyway, you ignore them.

Your only addition to this game was the bandwagon vote on AngusHutchsky. That's scummy enough to warrant a lynch.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by HurriKaty »

At this point, I'm not even sure if my opinion would change your mind, because you seem dead set on sticking to the fact that you want to lynch me when there are a million other discussions going on.

You want a contribution to the game? Alright, fine.
Vote: Zindaras
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Twito »

Tomorrow is this games turn. Sorry for taking long.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Jack »

HurriKaty wrote:At this point, I'm not even sure if my opinion would change your mind, because you seem dead set on sticking to the fact that you want to lynch me when there are a million other discussions going on.

I don't get it. Why do you even play mafia? You obviously have time to show up and post, but you never say anything.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Post by Zindaras »

HurriKaty wrote:At this point, I'm not even sure if my opinion would change your mind, because you seem dead set on sticking to the fact that you want to lynch me when there are a million other discussions going on.

OMGUS, too. I am dead set on lynching you because I feel that you are the best bet for scum. You're still avoiding giving any opinion (except, funnily, this one. The funny part is that you said that you didn't want to give opinions because you'd just be echoing others, but now you're voting me, which is hardly echoing anyone else, as you stated you would be doing if you stated your opinions) or even a good reason for your vote.

I find the Y-wagon based on very little logical evidence. There are some OMGUS-sentiments there, with Y and Coron now voting milkman, but I'm not entirely sure that that's the way to go either. No, I think you're the play for today.
Jack wrote:I don't get it. Why do you even play mafia? You obviously have time to show up and post, but you never say anything.
That's just mean. You really didn't have to say that.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:58 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Zindaras wrote:OMGUS, too. I am dead set on lynching you because I feel that you are the best bet for scum. You're still avoiding giving any opinion (except, funnily, this one. The funny part is that you said that you didn't want to give opinions because you'd just be echoing others, but now you're voting me, which is hardly echoing anyone else, as you stated you would be doing if you stated your opinions) or even a good reason for your vote.
I agree that HurriKaty's response to your pressure has been OMGUS, but I do sympathise with her feelings that if she stated her opinions she would be accused of echoing. I have felt the same during this game, although I did in fact post that I wished to echo others' opinions. Katy should at least have done this.

Not sure where I stand over the issue, frankly. With the deadline soon I might end up voting Katy, but I'd rather we lynched Masterchief.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”