Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 2:56 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 847, Oversoul wrote:It looked too staged and not like Ben at all. Then, given the fact that it is Benmage and his notoriety as scum I didn't want to elaborate further and just pressed for him to answer the question, which to my knowledge he never answered.
So it looked staged, and my scum game is awesome?
In post 847, Oversoul wrote:If Ben took just 5 minutes to read the rules he would have seen that his plan was bunk and that any hope of "town cohesion" or a town working together after failing to lynch correctly on Day 1 would be very hard to pull off.

We all turn into self-aligned third parties if we mislynch the first day. Any hope for a coordinated plan exists as far as the morals of the playerbase extend and not allegiance to a common wincondition.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that beginning to the day, but for now I think Ben is town for other actions during the day.
But if I took 5 minutes to read the game I'd know the plan was pointless.

So I'm a scum mastermind, yet I didn't take 5 minutes to read the game? :? Thanks for confirming me town.

And I did answer it... first I was clarifying the need to still answer, cause I thought you dropped it after being hounded, or modified it:
In post 471, Benmage wrote:
In post 300, Oversoul wrote:After he responds to my questions in full.
What was the question?
In post 491, Benmage wrote:
In post 487, Oversoul wrote:Ben's analysis of DGB looks genuine, I think he is town.
I'd still like him to answer truthfully and fully, why he was excited to join this game.
Glad you prefaced me answering this question truthfully :facepalm: ..

Uhm lets see, I quasi-retired in the Wire/wrapped up invitational. So I'm in no games because RL is bat shit cray. But a 14 day game sounds like something I can do, as I am a fiend.

I'm excited to see what relevance this has.
^Did you miss this? Or was it not a satisfactory response?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 2:58 am

Post by T-Bone »

It's because OS is probably scum.

I'm feeling good about JacobSavage, as he continues to make random posts that spit in the face of all that is good and townie.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 890, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 889, kuribo wrote:Junpei did RQS in Red Dead Redemption.
Was he scum?
Yeah, he was my scumbuddy in that game. It was the one where you and me beat the crap out of Mist Beauty.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:04 am

Post by kuribo »

OH! And Quilford should remember that--- he was in Red Dead too--- DGB, you hid behind him and breadcrumbed it, but MoI replaced him overnight (and killed me) and the slot got lynched the next morning.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:06 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1
Cogito Ergo Sum ( 1 )
Oversoul
[/color]
(L - 8 )

DrippingGoofball ( 1 )
benmage
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 1 )
JacobSavage
[/color]
(L - 8 )

greygnarl ( 4 )
kanyeknowsbest
Venmar
Kid A
MattP
[/color]
(L - 5 )

JacobSavage ( 4 )
T-Bone
DrippingGoofball
greygnarl
GuyInFreezer
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Kanyeknowsbest ( 1 )
Quilford
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Oversoul ( 4 )
kuribo
Cogito Ergo Sum
Ghostlin
BBMolla
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Not Voting ( 0 )

Total Votes ( 16 )

Needed to Lynch [ 9 ]

GAME Deadline: May 17th at 15:00 EDT
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Venmar »

We got a lot of competing wagons there.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 900, Benmage wrote:
In post 847, Oversoul wrote:It looked too staged and not like Ben at all. Then, given the fact that it is Benmage and his notoriety as scum I didn't want to elaborate further and just pressed for him to answer the question, which to my knowledge he never answered.
So it looked staged, and my scum game is awesome?
In post 847, Oversoul wrote:If Ben took just 5 minutes to read the rules he would have seen that his plan was bunk and that any hope of "town cohesion" or a town working together after failing to lynch correctly on Day 1 would be very hard to pull off.

We all turn into self-aligned third parties if we mislynch the first day. Any hope for a coordinated plan exists as far as the morals of the playerbase extend and not allegiance to a common wincondition.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that beginning to the day, but for now I think Ben is town for other actions during the day.
But if I took 5 minutes to read the game I'd know the plan was pointless.

So I'm a scum mastermind, yet I didn't take 5 minutes to read the game? :? Thanks for confirming me town.

And I did answer it... first I was clarifying the need to still answer, cause I thought you dropped it after being hounded, or modified it:
In post 471, Benmage wrote:
In post 300, Oversoul wrote:After he responds to my questions in full.
What was the question?
In post 491, Benmage wrote:
In post 487, Oversoul wrote:Ben's analysis of DGB looks genuine, I think he is town.
I'd still like him to answer truthfully and fully, why he was excited to join this game.
Glad you prefaced me answering this question truthfully :facepalm: ..

Uhm lets see, I quasi-retired in the Wire/wrapped up invitational. So I'm in no games because RL is bat shit cray. But a 14 day game sounds like something I can do, as I am a fiend.

I'm excited to see what relevance this has.
^Did you miss this? Or was it not a satisfactory response?
As you are good at scum and generally don't miss a beat on what people post, I didn't want to say anything about your "plan" looking staged in case you would come up with a better reaction to it.

You are good at being scum yes. At the time I didn't believe you would actually propose such a glaringly bad plan as town unless you were trying to play dumb for whatever reason. I thought this was part of a plan to look more "open" and transparent to the town.

I did see that, but I was looking for a little bit more on why you proposed the plan that you did and whether or not you thought of this plan before the game started (i.e. when you kicked FourTrouble out of the game to join).

Kuribo, Red Dead is mostly eaten. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have it's full Day 1.

Happy Scumday, Venmar!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 842, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 839, Benmage wrote:@DGB your read on CES?
I was out all day and I caught up to today's posts. Gonna say CES is actually town.
Can you build on this? I don't get how you call out savage, yet give CES(clearly a legit player) a free pass?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 899, Benmage wrote:^Horrible deflection btw... I ask a question, and he just flips it to me zzzz..
Actually I did answer that question but we can pretend I didn't to spare us all your inanity
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 906, Oversoul wrote:Happy Scumday, Venmar!
- Why thank you!
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 903, kuribo wrote:OH! And Quilford should remember that--- he was in Red Dead too--- DGB, you hid behind him and breadcrumbed it, but MoI replaced him overnight (and killed me) and the slot got lynched the next morning.
The only thing I remember about that game is that chesskid was a lyncher or something
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 906, Oversoul wrote:I did see that, but I was looking for a little bit more on why you proposed the plan that you did and whether or not you thought of this plan before the game started (i.e. when you kicked FourTrouble out of the game to join).
No, I think I touched on this as well... That the plan came after skimming the game and I thought we could mass organize night actions to break the game.

I kicked FT out for YOU GUYS! *bows* (otherwise guess which mislynch would be goin down today)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 908, Quilford wrote:
In post 899, Benmage wrote:^Horrible deflection btw... I ask a question, and he just flips it to me zzzz..
Actually I did answer that question but we can pretend I didn't to spare us all your inanity
The kanye scum thing... I swore that was a joke.. hard to tell what is a joke and what isn't on the internet................ :roll:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 911, Benmage wrote:No, I think I touched on this as well... That the plan came after skimming the game and I thought we could mass organize night actions to break the game.

I kicked FT out for YOU GUYS! *bows* (otherwise guess which mislynch would be goin down today)
Me still.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 883, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 856, Oversoul wrote:Why are you town reading CES?
I can literally
feel
him.
In post 728, kuribo wrote:
In post 725, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 723, greygnarl wrote:Clearly taking advantage of the fact that everyone says he is hard to read.
Pretty sure I'm just busy.

Im quoting this to make sure DGB will notice. She knows why.

CES, short of wasting towns time with dumb questions, many of my oversoul criticisms apply to you. Do you have any reads or opinions?
You never commented on this DGB.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:26 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 502, JacobSavage wrote:Also is it just me or is it really hard for scum to win this.

unvote vote OverSoul

Lets just do this already. DGB swing back. We're approaching that 40 page mark.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Oversoul »

I hope you have a backup plan, Ben
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Benmage »

I've been planning on winning tomorrow the entire game. Between the 3 leading wagons I'd like you to go. DGB doesn't seem to have support, cause apparently we don't lynch skilled players D1... It is what it is. I'm ready for night.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 917, Benmage wrote:I've been planning on winning tomorrow the entire game. Between the 3 leading wagons I'd like you to go. DGB doesn't seem to have support, cause apparently we don't lynch skilled players D1... It is what it is. I'm ready for night.
So you know I am town?

---

Are you seriously trying to end the game on page 40 when some players haven't even so much done more than vote? That number is completely arbitrary.

We still have 11 days too.
Ben, who are you planning on accusing? If it is DGB, what will you do if she flees?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

Also, a word of note, I don't see anywhere in the rules where we are going to get post lynch time to discuss things so anyone planning on using that time to test reactions is sorely mistaken

Once a lynch occurs this game automatically goes into the accusation stage.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Benmage »

Yes, we won't have the ability to post... it will be independant legwork at that time... Something I still want ample time to work with.

I've sorted out most my reads, and I'll go back to clarify... a flip and a flee will do wonders.

The 40 page mark is arbitrary but symbolizes a point where we've had enough. I've had enough.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 918, Oversoul wrote:
In post 917, Benmage wrote:I've been planning on winning tomorrow the entire game. Between the 3 leading wagons I'd like you to go. DGB doesn't seem to have support, cause apparently we don't lynch skilled players D1... It is what it is. I'm ready for night.
So you know I am town?
Out of the three leading wagons I am least confident in you flipping town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 920, Benmage wrote:Yes, we won't have the ability to post... it will be independant legwork at that time... Something I still want ample time to work with.

I've sorted out most my reads, and I'll go back to clarify... a flip and a flee will do wonders.

The 40 page mark is arbitrary but symbolizes a point where we've had enough. I've had enough.
So you know that I am town?
Don't ignore my question.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

that is weird, I didn't get a pedit for that
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Oversoul »

You are least confident that I will flip town but you've stated you are planning to win tomorrow regardless.
That is pretty ridiculous if you feel that you know who the scum is but you aren't trying to get them lynched especially when you'll get a second chance if you are wrong about them and we lynch them + they could flee.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”