geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 am

Post by geraintm »

at the moment,i think i am siding with Turbo in his thinking...

right up till the point where he voted for klebian, i have no idea where that came from. i feel like i am in the dark with this game compared to everyone else
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Patrick »

lol.. don't worry. I don't know why klebian is scum either.
I still would like ppl to comment on whether or not a second cop should come out if there is one. I would like to confirm Shadowlurker's sanity. If we can do that, then we're virtually there unless the doc falls tonight.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Norinel »

ShadowLurker wrote:
klebian wrote:The order is fine, but I don't see a consensus on massclaiming at all. It seems like you're trying to make it seem as if we agreed on a massclaim without anyone else saying they wanted to.
Well Patrick and kilmenator did not raise any objects, we've gotten a partial claim from MBL and kilmeantor already. Do you object to one? If you don't, the only objecting people might be Turbovolver who's 2nd to last and geraintm, who hasn't been making any contribution at all.
There's an enormous difference between posting without objecting and not having a problem to a mass claim. (And I'd class my "Why are people suggesting this?" as a partial objection)
geraintm wrote:Right now, i'd like to to just plain lynch up Ozy again and let all the cops keep on going.
I know I was the first one to even mention it as a possibility, but I still don't think that's anything close to the play right now.
Patrick wrote: I still would like ppl to comment on whether or not a second cop should come out if there is one. I would like to confirm Shadowlurker's sanity.
I'm against it, because it reeks way too much of trying to outguess the setup balance even if it "works" and nobody else comes forward.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Patrick »

I've never seen a game that contained only one cop where that cop wasn't sane.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by Adele »

Patrick wrote:lol.. don't worry. I don't know why klebian is scum either.
I still would like ppl to comment on whether or not a second cop should come out if there is one. I would like to confirm Shadowlurker's sanity. If we can do that, then we're virtually there unless the doc falls tonight.
No, he/she shouldn't. With the info we have at the moment, it could well just split the doc's focus tonight and give the sucm an ok chance of downing the useful one. It may also be that they also have results that don't indicate their sanity type, or that both cops are sane, or both are somehow nonsane (such as a naive and an insane). In any case, the info's as much use or more tomorrow than today, and if SL gets a guilty result tonight, we'll know for sure that he's insane or sane (and a fair number will know he's sane, and others will probably be able to induce it)

I think we're getting a little OT here. People are speculating about the setup, arguing about claiming, massclaiming, no-lynching, second-test-lynching, discussing mod-metagaming... it's seriously distracting us from our core business: catching scum. Nor do I want people to state their allegiances in the hopes that someone's going to wrap it up tomorrow.
Forget
tomorrow for now, please, and let's focus on playing today as solidly as possible.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Ozymandius wrote:Tommorow, wow, you seem pretty confident. The pressure thing is true, but why the pressure on Klebian?
Please suggest an alternative and I'll gladly look into it.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Patrick »

Adele, who do you suspect?
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Ozymandius wrote:Tommorow, wow, you seem pretty confident. The pressure thing is true, but why the pressure on Klebian?

I'm not saying that it's a good or bad move. I'm wondering what your reasoning on the putting pressure on Klebian. Turbo's reasoning was lacking, but as you said, a single vote means no pressure, but you decided to put a little more pressure on Klebian. I want to know why and whether or not you have a different reasoning besides Turbo's word.
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

ShadowLurker wrote:

I'm not saying that it's a good or bad move. I'm wondering what your reasoning on the putting pressure on Klebian. Turbo's reasoning was lacking, but as you said, a single vote means no pressure, but you decided to put a little more pressure on Klebian. I want to know why and whether or not you have a different reasoning besides Turbo's word.

Somehow I'm back.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Ozymandius wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:

Well as I said earlier, my top two canindates were geraintm and Klebian mostly because of process of elimination. I said I'll be good with pressure on either of them.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

Sorry for that double post, the forum said that it failed, so I tried again, but didn't realize that it actually worked.

Somehow I'm back.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Ozymandius wrote:Sorry for that double post, the forum said that it failed, so I tried again, but didn't realize that it actually worked.
Would you like me to answer any more questions?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I did have reasons for voting Klebian, I just wanted to keep them quiet to see how he would respond.

Klebian replaced into this game, saying he had a few suspicions but couldn't remember of who, and that he would re-read to remind himself. He also found the post where Ozy claimed.

Then next time he came back, there was no re-read, or a mention of it, and all he provided was a mincy little question and a comment about mass-claims.

This was where I voted him, he was showing no interest at all in catching scum. Klebian responded with a very awkward OMGUS FOS, but more telling was the fact that he
didn't
give any thoughts about anybody. He's always here to go find posts for us and talk about 'safe' topic like mass-claims, but that's all we're getting from Klebian, and I wonder why. Wait, no I don't.

Confirm Vote: Klebian
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Adele wrote:I think we're getting a little OT here. People are speculating about the setup, arguing about claiming, massclaiming, no-lynching, second-test-lynching, discussing mod-metagaming... it's seriously distracting us from our core business: catching scum. Nor do I want people to state their allegiances in the hopes that someone's going to wrap it up tomorrow.
Forget
tomorrow for now, please, and let's focus on playing today as solidly as possible.
I would have thought people stating "their allegiances" would be a good way to progress with this scum-hunting business. Isn't this paragraph contradictory?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Patrick »

Yeah, all that is true about klebian, though I can't say it surprises me. However, we do need klebian give us some substancial suspicions now.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:30 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Patrick wrote:Yeah, all that is true about klebian, though I can't say it surprises me. However, we do need klebian give us some substancial suspicions now.
What do you mean it doesn't surprise you? Does he have a habit of not contributing as town or something?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by klebian »

yo. I don't have the time (or if I do, then I don't have the willpower) to do a reread just yet. Meanwhile, I think it's better if I at least make posts in this game, and read and talk about what I can, and I'll do a reread on the weekend most likely.
Turbo, you say that post 425 was "a comment about mass-claims", but that post was more telling shadowlurker that he was trying to take control of the game. I know that he's already claimed, but scum could just have well spelled out 'i am a daycop' in a post to refer to later on if necessary.
I still haven't had my 'mincy little question' answered, for that matter. I don't like it when someone unvotes a vote that they apparently made with at least some solid reasoning, and then unvote, but don't explain why. I'd like to know what mbl did that made kilm not suspicious of him anymore from where she was before he responded to her.
In essence, what I've done since I made my first post is minimal, but I think you are trying to twist it a bit too much into my doing nothing, and not doing the reread I promised.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:21 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

klebian wrote:yo. I don't have the time (or if I do, then I don't have the willpower) to do a reread just yet. Meanwhile, I think it's better if I at least make posts in this game, and read and talk about what I can, and I'll do a reread on the weekend most likely.
Well, if we are still just waiting on a re-read then we will see what happens then.
klebian wrote:Turbo, you say that post 425 was "a comment about mass-claims", but that post was more telling shadowlurker that he was trying to take control of the game. I know that he's already claimed, but scum could just have well spelled out 'i am a daycop' in a post to refer to later on if necessary.
Well, maybe I misremembered exactly what was in the post. That's not the point, the point was you weren't really taking any hard stances in it.
klebian wrote:I still haven't had my 'mincy little question' answered, for that matter. I don't like it when someone unvotes a vote that they apparently made with at least some solid reasoning, and then unvote, but don't explain why. I'd like to know what mbl did that made kilm not suspicious of him anymore from where she was before he responded to her.
I'm not saying the question shouldn't be answered, I'm just saying that hanging back asking questions is very 'safe' posting.
klebian wrote:In essence, what I've done since I made my first post is minimal, but I think you are trying to twist it a bit too much into my doing nothing, and not doing the reread I promised.
I'm not twisting anything. You said it yourself, what you've done is minimal. And that's suspicious, because it's more in scum's interest to do little.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Kil can apparently only confirm my night target, at least that's what it reads like. Problem is, there could be other explanations for the lack of nightkill besides my action. So I don't see any way to confirm me or the alignment of my target today.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Kilmenator, I have a question for you.

You knew there was no kill last night, you knew my night target,
kilmenator wrote: i realized not only scum would target him but others also. Obviously someone else targetted the victim as well, so I was not sure in my own mind whether or not you were scum or something else. So, with all the being said, when you said you were not a vanilla, I layed off because now I know what your role is.
Having gone back and reread today, i am just confused. I feel so out of my depth here. When adele says she doesn;t want people to state their allegencies, i am sitting there going "well, won't everyone say they are pro-town?" I have just gone and read the set up for 373, and now i am even more confused :-) i believe none of you...

I have no idea what Kilm and MBL are on about, but they seem to have cleared themselves somehow from suspiscion. The last part there seems to me to indicate Kilm has gone from a 50/50 chance that MBL is scum to clearing him, and i don't know how.
The rest of the day so far just seems to be there to be a push for a huge claim that seems to have died down. No one to me looks especially naughty, i just wish i knew what Kilm and MBL were on about.

Am sorry if this post doesn't actually say much, but i don't feel like i have anything worthwhile to contribute
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Patrick »

Turbo wrote:What do you mean it doesn't surprise you? Does he have a habit of not contributing as town or something?
Pretty much regardless of alignment from what I've seen. I think he's more likely scum than alot of ppl, but I'll reserve judgement until he gives some suspicions.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Patrick wrote:
Turbo wrote:What do you mean it doesn't surprise you? Does he have a habit of not contributing as town or something?
Pretty much regardless of alignment from what I've seen. I think he's more likely scum than alot of ppl, but I'll reserve judgement until he gives some suspicions.
Well that changes things a bit. I agree waiting for the reread is best.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:27 am

Post by klebian »

I have begun my reread and analysis, which I like doing simultaneously. The post should be done today, and if I don't finish, I'll post how much I've done so far.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Adele »

geraintm wrote:Having gone back and reread today, i am just confused. I feel so out of my depth here. When adele says she doesn;t want people to state their allegencies, i am sitting there going "well, won't everyone say they are pro-town?" I have just gone and read the set up for 373, and now i am even more confused :-) i believe none of you...
Lol. That whole post was badly written. I'm talking about things like this:
Patrick wrote:Yeah, all that is true about klebian, though I can't say it surprises me. However, we do need klebian give us some substancial suspicions now.
I might be misunderstanding this, but Pat seems to be saying that there's a case on klebian, so klebian needs to say who he finds suspicious. I'd've thought Klebian should be defending himself, not looking for people to accuse. Requests for people to post lists of who they do and don't trust, ostensibly for later examination, smack (very vaguely) of a distraction technique, maybe to gloss over a scum who's throwing out tells. That's what we should be looking at, and for.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Ok to answer everyone's suspicions about MBL, I assume MBL is a power role that we need. I at this point do not feel comfortable bringing out what I think that is, although, if I did then there would be opportunity to counter claim what I think he is claiming and therefore would definetly clear him in my mind. Honestly, I dont know what to think of this game being that I think most people will have power roles based on the other game.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Adele wrote:I might be misunderstanding this, but Pat seems to be saying that there's a case on klebian, so klebian needs to say who he finds suspicious. I'd've thought Klebian should be defending himself, not looking for people to accuse.
Umm, not really. Klebian is suspicious
because
he hasn't been posting anything about his suspicions. So by telling us what he thinks of the game, that is a type of defense, really. When a player has to make up suspicions on the spot, it's sometimes easy to notice... we'll see.
Adele wrote:Requests for people to post lists of who they do and don't trust, ostensibly for later examination, smack (very vaguely) of a distraction technique, maybe to gloss over a scum who's throwing out tells. That's what we should be looking at, and for.
The lists basically just force some discussion, discussion not about mass claims and the like. I don't think making such lists is the best way to actually find scum, but again it sometimes catches people out who have to scramble to come up with who to suspect.
I don't see how such lists could distract people from a scum who is throwing out tells - such tells would be brought up in the lists, would they not?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”