pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:35 am

Post by pablito »

I would like to see LL's assessment of olio/StallingChamp.
Sup, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Glork »

I would like the King to smite MoS.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:37 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:But why do you think he would throw his buddy under the bus so early in the game?
I need a read to see what was happening and what made Glork choose Pooky and Yos. I'm actually now somewhere around page 20 because I wanted to try to get a better perspective on the game and of the people I promised to discuss. 29 pages more to go!
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I need to rethink my suspicions, I'm confused and in too many games at once. I'll try to get something together eventually.
Permanent V/LA.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:46 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Phoebus, Nightfall, CrashTextDummie, Samus and Mert have all not picked up their Jan. 12 prods. I'll be looking into replacing them.

Also, Fritzler's not being random, he's Thor, God of Thunder. Get it right, mortals. :P

VOTE COUNT

*King Dead Rikimaru*

CrashTextDummie (0):
Der Hammer (0):
Fritzler w/ Mjolnir (1): Nightson
Glork (1): Phoebus, Nightson, Mastermind of Sin, Fritzler
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): pablito
Lowell (0):
LuckayLuck (2): Mert
Mastermind of Sin (2):
Mert (1):
Nightfall (0):
Nightson (4):
Olio (1): pablito, LuckayLuck, Nightson
pablito (2): LuckayLuck, olio, petroleumjelly, Nightson
petroleumjelly (1): Spectrumvoid, Phoebus
Phoebus (3):
Samus (1):
spectrumvoid (1): Glork
Yosarian2 (1): Phoebus, Samus, Mastermind of Sin
Zindaras (0): Yosarian2
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Fritzler »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Also, Fritzler's not being random, he's Thor, God of Thunder. Get it right, mortals. :P
Thoughst knows. And until Loki, god of michief attacks thee, Thor will stand out and look pretty.
Surfs up dude.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I need to rethink my suspicions, I'm confused and in too many games at once. I'll try to get something together eventually.
No, no. No need for that. You don't care whether you live or die, and you don't care to explain anything. Why have real suspicions at all?

Seriously. Die. Now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:48 pm

Just because I don't feel like explaining some things doesn't mean I have to be consistent. I like being inconsistent. It's more fun :)
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Post by Glork »

But it directly hinders my ability to figure out who you are. And you know this all too well.

That makes me think you are scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:26 pm

Of course it does. Every time you can't figure out if someone is scum or not, they're scum :)
Permanent V/LA.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:16 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
Phoebus, Nightfall, CrashTextDummie, Samus and Mert have all not picked up their Jan. 12 prods. I'll be looking into replacing them.
MOD

I would prefer if you replaced Samus and Mert (who obviously left Mafiascum) and waited more days (maybe two or three) to see if the others (who are still on the site) will not pick the prods or will pick it and ignore it.
Would it be possible? (if you are ok with it)
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Lowell wrote:Eh, I hate to bring this up as it implicates me, but....

We need to do a better job of pressuring the lurkers. Or, maybe, just the King does. Whoever.

Basically I've sat back this entire game so far (since subbing in) without really posting anything other than a post or two at the beginning. And I don't have any votes (and didn't last time). I'm relatively certain, with all the high-octane players getting into arguments about scum psychology, that there are a fair number of scum just sitting back and watching. There are about 5 or 6 players consistently posting, and everyone else is just nowhere. We need to get more chatter out of everyone.
I don't think you are not getting votes because people are not hunting lurkers.
There are too much lurkers. And some are doing a better job at lurking than you.
I don't know if you think that stating that you are lurking without punishment will help anything. Start participating yourself will be much better.
Also, I'm still waiting for your top3. It's been one month since you manifested any opinion on any player (post #1013).
What has changed since then?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:17 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Of course it does. Every time you can't figure out if someone is scum or not, they're scum :)
And are you still confident Phoebus is protown?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Zindaras »

Has Phoebus even posted today?

Vote: Phoebus
until he does.

I really need to get back to playing this game. *sighs*
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:18 am

Post by pablito »

I don't like doing this with Mert being absent, but for consistency's sake,
vote: Mert
Sup, later.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Der Hammer wrote:Definitive post from me here.....

I will post all my thoughts so far on Sunday. I have had exams all this week and another tomorrow which I am revising for now. By sunday I would have had a good chance to look things over and I still am interested and want to play in this game.

Sorry for the annoyance my lack of posting has been but in my defence I was a replacement then immediately after the two crashes came and since then things have been rather busy for me. I know this is no excuse so I will plug away and give you something to read on sunday.
Vote: Der Hammer
. I'm getting tired of this.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I'm getting happier about the idea of lynch MOS, the more he delays answering any question in any useful way.

My three main suspects are the same, but MOS just moved to the top of the list.
confirm vote:MOS
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Glork »

Agreed. MoS still needs Glork'd by Riki.
(See, normally I don't let anyone other than me Glork people. But if Riki chooses to kill MoS today, I am willing to make an exception. This is a one-time offer, and one that Riki really cannot pass up!)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by pablito »

I don't get this. Why are we becoming so complacent and already deciding on who we want to see executed? Why aren't we discussing more and diversifying our arguments? Props to Dead Rikimaru for asking for prods and replacements. Right now however, I think there's just so much to talk about. Glork just executed an assassin, but I don't see that discussion has picked up because of it. One would think we have more evidence to pick off another assassin, but it seems that we've settled on candidates based on reasons other than how they reacted to Pooky or vice versa. Why aren't we discussing this or at least explaining why we are deciding not to? I liked Glork when he was under pressure, I don't like him so much anymore now that he's only been toggling between Yos and MoS. I think he's got very good arguments, but I feel he's helping (along with Yos) to pigeon hole us into very specific topics for today when there's just so much we could talk about.

And again, too many lurkers. I like PJ for voting Der Hammer, but I don't feel comfortable enough yet to remove my PJ vote. There's quite a few questions we could be asking based on everyone's top three lists, and there's a few outstanding questions that haven't been answered but no one's bothering to follow up. I honestly don't have a clue where to go off of (the hypocrisy!), but I mean someone's gotta have something, right?

That being said, I can go for a
vote: MoS
because I agree with the arguments against him and it fits in with my hypothesis against Mert.

Eh, I just like harping on the process don't I. But it just seems like the same seven or so people with the rest just popping in every once in a while.
Sup, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Glork »

Pablito, let me make one thing abundantly clear.

The only reason I did not behave similarly yesterday is because I was the King, and I was making the decision. Though I'd made my decision to execute Pooky several weeks before I actually Glork'd him, I felt compelled to let the thread keep on going as I grilled other players. When you're the King, you pretty much have to do that. I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier, but I had written up execution posts twice earlier in the day, only to delete them without posting because I realized I'd probably take a lot of flak for cutting discussion short.

But I was still zoned in on the person I wanted to kill. Ask any of the players around here; when I think I've found scum, I'm a stubborn ass most of the time. It just so happens that some people think I have "influence" because I executed scum yesterday. I don't care. I'm going to push the lynch I want to see happen. MoS is, by a decent margin, my leading candidate. Phoebus looks like he'll be replaced, I still don't like/understand the argument against Mert (who will also likely be replaced), and none of the other players are really setting me off completely. Now granted, I'm still waiting to hear something from Nightson. Pending his response (or lack thereof, such as the case may be), I'll settle into a more definitive stance regarding him.

But for the time being, with a few replacemetns needed and many of the other players still behaving rather gunshy, it's no wonder that my attacks on MoS have taken the center stage. I like that; if I can pull people out of the shadows and into the spotlight, I'll keep on doing it. And if I can nail scum along the way (as I think I have with MoS), all the better.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote Phoebus, Vote: Der Hammer

I can roll with PJ. Der Hammer needs to do something; it seems as though he's still around, so I want to hear from him. Very soon.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

LuckayLuck, Post 1217 wrote:My three votes:

Vote: Mert

Vote: StallingChamp

Vote: Ubertimmy

I'm finding it extremely difficult to actually find people to "want" to lynch as much as having certain people I don't want to lynch and leading to a process of elimination to a gruop of people who I want to lynch. Those three basically are part of that group.
It has not passed by me that the three people you just voted today are all people that are replaced (Nightfall replaced Ubertimmy, and Olio replaced Stallingchamp), or need replacing (Mert). You clearly haven't been reading the thread all too carefully lately, or else you would have noticed the two replacements. The fact that you are going after people who weren't going to respond any time soon.

How did you not notice the replacements? Also:
LuckayLuck, Post 1219 wrote:My targets are lame. I admit it! I'll leave the aggression to you, mason-buddy!
I'll just keep defending people like MBL.
I liked your playstyle at first for it's originality (I still get a certain enjoyment from reading your posts), but admitting that your votes are weak (and even weaker in that you won't be getting any sort of reaction from them), then buddying up to Glork, while finishing up that you will spend your time defending people (without mentioning your defense of Pooky, but only your defense of MBL) all in three lines has forced an eyebrow lifting. Please explain.

Vote: LuckayLuck
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Post by olio »

MoS, answer up.

I honestly want you to try and explain how changing your mind without any explanations helps town in any way.

vote: MoS
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:05 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Still here... Can't say I've seen anything I feel necessary to reply too. I'm still not convinced of the scumness of MoS. He more looks like an idle citizen then a blatant scummy person. My only vote is on Pablito and it will stay that way for now.

Oh, and if people want me to reply to stuff or give my opinion on something, i'd like it if they'll let me know so... I'll try to be active in the games I am in but sometimes i've got a hard time of keeping up in that.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Remind me to look over Olio's posts later on. Ping!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”