Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the 11th and final Vote Count of DOOM: :twisted:

6 - Ozymandius (Turbovolver, Patrick, Adele, ShadowLurker, MrBuddyLee, geraintm)

1 - kilmenator (Rosso Carne)
1 - MrBuddyLee (kilmenator)
1 - ShadowLurker (Ozymandius)

Not voting: friday-13th

After a long day of deliberation, the town finally decides to lynch Ozymandius. He is brought to the center of the town for everyone to see his DOOM...

"Do you have any last words Ozymandius?"

Ozymandius replies, "Hey everyone look at that giant flying pumpkin shooting laser out of its ass over there!"

Everyone looks to where Ozymandius was pointing, but there was nothing there... then everyone looks back at Ozymandius, only to see that he has disappeared and escaped from the lynch...

It is now Night 1, choices due at 8PM EST on Friday, January 12th, 2007
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Norinel replaces Rosso Carne

Klebian replaces friday-13th

Let's all welcome those two to the game
:D
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:53 pm

After a long night, everyone gathers in the center of the town and see if anyone was DOOMed last night. After a thorough head count, everyone realizes that nobody was dead, which means there are still 10 of you alive…

It is now Day 2, with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Cool, we have some confirmed innocents or guilties. Who wants to go first?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm confirmed innocent, because my role PM says I'm pro town.

Seriously though, it's good to see no casualities, but I'm not sure we need poweroles to come out just yet. A cop with a guilty should at some point today, but otherwise I'd say its up for discussion. I would call Ozy a near confirmed innocent. I've only seen one example of unlynchable scum, and that was one shot (and bastard moddery IMO). I'll need to refresh my memory on this game, which I can't do immediately, but will soon.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by klebian »

i've done a readthrough. This means I've got a good idea of what happened, but I don't think I was paying attention while reading to realize i should be thinking about scumscum. I'll probably read again later to look for scummy behavior, and I now recall noticing some posts (don't recall whose) that were kinda scummy, so I'll be a little smarter next read.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by kilmenator »

ok, well im still here, ok, so ozy is probably town becaue he wasnt lynchable? what i dont understand is why he woulsnt tell us what he was so that we could choose a better lynch? i am still comfortable with a MBL lynch by the way.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by klebian »

Ozymandius wrote:

The thing was unrelated to everything. I don't see how it would inspire sympathy. I don't need your sympathy anyway because I am Unlynchable.
claim: Unlynchable Townie

Basically, I cannot be lynched, but I had hoped I would not have had to claim this on day one. But I am at lynch -1 and am automatically "lynched" at the deadline. If this so happens, I will not be killed and night will ensue.

post 371
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:04 am

Post by kilmenator »

wow, i missed the whole fifteenth page, must be i did not look back and read after i realized what happened during day. maybe this sounds like a stupid idea, but i would like to hear a claim from MBL, if everyone else thinks it is ok. i will also explain why if someone would like to hear why. otherwise i can just drop the thing and hope other people see MBL as scummy.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:23 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm not in the habit of claiming my role when one person finds me scummy. If I'm vanilla, that helps scum find a power role. If I'm a power role, that helps scum figure out who to kill. Let's get some info out on the table and see some accusations fly. If you find me scummy, make your case.

Why, for example, is no one commenting on the makeup of the Ozy lynch? The first thing I did when he came up townish was reread to see who made a scummy attempt to get Ozy lynched. I find it odd that kil and Patrick avoided making such comments.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:04 am

Post by Patrick »

Do you MBL. Did you also note that I said I will need to refresh my memory on the game (i.e. read back) before I give my suspicions? I only came up and said a few obvious things that came to mind. I find it odd myself that you haven't made any comments on the makeup of the Ozy lynch. You said you wanted accusations to start flying and you've said that you've looked over it, so why not start the ball rolling yourself?

As for kilmenator wanting MBL to claim, it sounds premature. I would like kilm to explain.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 am

Post by kilmenator »

MBL- the reason I did not make such a comment was because I had not realized he had actually claimed. I find you much more scummy than I do ozy. In case you did not notice, there isnt a vote on ozy from me. My vote lies on you being I find you scummy. I have not yet reread to see who got the bandwagon on ozy yet, so I will not make comment on it yet again until I get a chance to reread instead of muddying the water even more. Why MBL do you fail to comment at all? And why were you on the bandwagon for Ozy if you never gave reasons as to why you would jump there?

Patrick- essentially, I just want to know if MBL is vanilla or not. If he is a power role, I will leave it alone. But if he is vanilla, I would like him to claim as such. My reasoning goes a lot further than that, I just think it would be smarter to see if his claim is vanilla or not. Just trust me on this one, as if I exlain to much it it may mess something more up. My role allows me to find some information about people, and I want to know more about Ozy. If Ozy is vanilla, then it does allow scum to know more about him, but I would bet if he is vanilla, he would be an unlikely lynch tonight being that scum may go more for a power role than they would for vanilla.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:54 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

kil, you do understand why outing power roles or forcing vanilla claims early is a bad idea, right? I don't think you'd make this as a gambit as scum, but if you're town you'd better reconsider the implications of your actions thus far.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:19 am

Post by kilmenator »

you are probably right MBL, but i just wanna know if you are vanilla or not. I am pro- town, and I am taking a stab in the semi lit doors of my mind, if others think I am stupid and should let it go. I will, but I am taking a stab at scum hunting and want to know. If others dont think it is a good idea, I will lay off.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:41 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

kilmenator: Have you been paying attention to the game? Ozy is most certaintly not vanilla, as he's an unlynchable townie. He's also pretty much confirmed innocent. Also, you have already ruined any chance you have of getting information about MBL and frankly, I don't believe MBL claiming to confirm your role information is worth it considering you already said if MBL is a power role you will leave him alone.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:49 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Although I beleive MBL claiming solely to confirm kilmenator is pointless, I'm not objected to him claiming for being scummy.

Vote: MBL
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Ozymandius »

kilmenator wrote: I have not yet reread to see who got the bandwagon on ozy yet,
For the record:
Mr. Modguy wrote: 6 - Ozymandius (Turbovolver, Patrick, Adele, ShadowLurker, MrBuddyLee, geraintm)
Those on the Ozy-wagon. That's all for now.
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Ozy- Yeah, I knew who was on the wagon, not who started the wagon. My comment was to say that I did not remember who got the bandwagon started yet.

I will lay off from MBL with the role stuff, but I do believe him to be scum and wanted to know what he would claim, maybe that was stupid, I dont know, but I wanted to know how he would react.

Vote:MBL
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

My bad, I misread it. I see it now.
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Adele »

kilmenator wrote:you are probably right MBL, but i just wanna know if you are vanilla or not. I am pro- town, and I am taking a stab in the semi lit doors of my mind, if others think I am stupid and should let it go. I will, but I am taking a stab at scum hunting and want to know. If others dont think it is a good idea, I will lay off.
Yuk yuk yuk
So you're asking him to claim not because you have outside info, like say you're a flavour cop or something (as I'd asumed) but just because yoiu think he's scummy? You shoulda laid that right out, not murmured around it.
And since when has it been anything but stupid for people to claim at a single person's request?? MBL's objections are fair. Premature claims can be really harmful to town - very occasionally
devastating
. There really should be a majority stated pro-claim opinion (typically preceded by a bandwagon or an accusation) - one (or two) persons' suspicions is nowhere near enough.

You don't want a defence first? You just want to give his most valuable secret (if he's pro-town; if he's scum, absolutely nothing) away to you because you vaguely don't like, like... something?

If you think he's scummy, say why and maybe I'll sheep. What you're barking atm's unconvincing and pisses me right off.

(nb: GMT)
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:42 am

Post by Turbovolver »

kilmenator wrote:I will lay off from MBL with the role stuff, but I do believe him to be scum and wanted to know what he would claim, maybe that was stupid, I dont know, but I wanted to know how he would react.
You could have good or bad reasons for wanting him to claim, so I don't support it at this time.

I would also like to know why you think MBL is scummy.

I am a bit wary of Shadowlurker. I didn't really care about the "WTF" posts, but he has been almost completely a nonentity in terms of analysis this game. Also want to know why he finds MBL scummy, he was contributing more in my last game with him and I don't think she should be allowed to get away with this.

Adele's thinking post-Ozy claim is kinda dodgy. The thing with an unlynchable role is if they are scum, lynching them is good. If they are town, lynching them confirms them (and if the scum want to nightkill them, they are hitting someone who is essentially now vanilla). But when Adele considered his claim, she said she wouldn't unvote because it was a good role for scum to claim, seeming to ignore the fact that there wasn't really a risk in lynching him. It didn't seem genuine.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:54 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Tell you what, it's obvious from kil's post that I have a night action, so I won't bother hiding that. I'll add that I may know why there was no NK last night. If you guys really want to push this, go for it, but I can only see it causing a huge mess. I'm going to go back to finding scum, and I don't think kil or Ozy are it, which narrows things a bit.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Patrick »

I don't think we need MBL to claim at this point.
I agree about ozy and kilmenator being unlikely scum; Ozy is unlynchable and kilmenator has given me some townish vibes.

Turbo may well be onto something with Shadowlurker and Adele. I didn't much like Adele's last post, which seemed like a pretty big overreaction just to say something that had been said several times already. And she has been pretty much only on Ozy so far. I can understand sentiments like wanting a claim/defence in good time, and not wanting to have to no lynch, but I still didn't see much of Adele looking out for possible other scum yesterday.

Shadowlurker has been a bit lower than normal on the content, often just taking small potshots at ppl. I wasn't too overjoyed with his posts 389-390 either.

I am unsure whether Shadowlurker and Adele could be scum together due to the small tiff early on between Shadow and Falcone. It could have been distancing though.

We need to hear from Norinel I think, and one or two others who haven't checked in yet.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:01 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

I support a mass claim today. I'll go first.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Norinel »

I'm here, Mystery Hunt sucked my weekend away. I've also done a quick read but not had a chance to form solid opinions on scumness. The one comment I'd like to make is that scum unlynchable exactly once is a not entirely broken (But still somewhat bastardly) role, so while I wouldn't advise lynching Ozy until he dies, I wouldn't write him off completely just yet.

Why are people advocating for a mass claim, exactly?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”