Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:I would like every player to list the three players they suspect the most (or if they do not suspect anybody the three they would mind less to see executed) and why.
1.) spectrumvoid - I have generally been getting a bad vibe from her the entire game. I am not personally understanding her supposed disparity of opinions towards Glork and myself, and she seems to try to push subtly on things (as if to plant seeds) more than anything. For example, check her latest posts, where I am getting the impression that she is trying to both suggest (if only implicitly) a connection between Glork-Yosarian2, as well as a connection between MoS-LuckayLuck. I have tried to make a case against her earlier, but it didn't come off nearly as forceful as I had hoped. Her posts just seem too slippery for my taste. I don't like them.

2.) Phoebus - I think I have explained this in a fair amount of detail by this point. Going into detail would pretty much be repetitive by this point.

3.) I don't really have any solid suspicions, but if I had to take a stab at it, I would think there is
at least
one scum who has been tactically lurking (apart from Pooky), or had attempted to lurk before replacement.

*** Now that I think on it, scum may have killed MBL in the fear that he would not only possibly become King, but also be extremely aggressive in forcing lurkers to post, seeing as he was the loudest voice advocating such a tactic.

I am still getting a sour feeling from Bird1111 (now K-Scope), but I am trying to decide what I think about Pooky immediately hopping on him when the opportunity came by on D2, and I admitedly have not had many qualms with K-Scopes post since entering in the game.

For now, however, after looking at the player list, I will put both Nightfall (was Ubertimmy) and Der Hammer (was Vaughn) as my most likely bets on being a tactical lurker.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Currently only Pablito, for the reason of continues agreeing with others (mainly Glork). For the rest I really don't have any suspicions yet, but I didn't do a reread just yet.

I wouldn't mind if a lurker would get lynched if I need to make a T3 (Current lurkers are (correct me if i'm wrong, I just looked over the list and noted those who I don't seem to remember posting) CTD, Der Hammer, Mert, Nightfall, Nightson, Phoebus, Samus)
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Sorry about low activity, I'm rushing out homework.

Top 2: Glork, Yos, and any lurker would be ideal.

I'm not really getting the case on MoS here. I'm not too sure why (I'm seem to be lost of words often recently) but I don't buy his case. Call it gut for a change.

PJ: I'm pretty sure I've said this before. I systematically pick out people who I think are scummy and concentrate on them. It's a way of playing that I think will help me weed out players in a large game. Then I add in my commentary on other people/issues as they come up. I've already mentioned that in my last response to you, where I point out the fairly large amount of people who I've left out including you.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:29 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Edit: I will be looking into PJ, since he's so adamant that I address him. And Phoebus (since I vaugely remember thinking he was scummy because he was inactive or whatever, then I left him due to the large number of inactives.) And my proposed pairing in my earlier post.
Blank.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Are you accusing me and Glork of being scum together, SV? What are you basing that on?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:17 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Oops. Nope. I did a typo. Insert / instead of , . (I did mention top
, not top
.)

Edit in red:
spectrumvoid wrote:Top 2: Glork
/
Yos, and any lurker would be ideal.
To DR: 'll try to explain why: I didn't like the way Glork was going after Yos without a reason hard yesterday, making everyone basically choose between Yos or Pooky. Even though the end result was good (we got scum yay!), going after someone without a reason is generally a major scum-tell. I've elaborated on this before somewhere recently.

Then again, Yos rubbed me the wrong way today, so I'm less adamant about defending him. I promise to go into detail for this one tomorrow, together with the other people I mentioned.

I put Glork/ Yos because I don't get a Glork + Yos connection. I think it's still possible, but unlikely. Mainly because of the way Glork went after Yos open-ended. Scum could have easily fabricated reasons for why yos was scummy, and if they had done that, Glork would be in danger of executing his scum-buddy, or for looking scummy if he failed to do so. Hence why I think it's less likely to be a distancing tactic.

Clarification: I'm not saying that if we lynch one and alignment is town/scum, the other one is definitely scum/town. My current conclusion is based on evidence I have now, and I'll definitely re-evaluate after we lynch, whoever it may be.
Blank.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:45 am

Post by Nightson »

That reread and post is coming eventually. (*sigh* 50 pages.... T.T)
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Fritzler »

Nightson wrote:That reread and post is coming eventually. (*sigh* 50 pages.... T.T)
thou shall not even bother. Thou shall just fall. Thou knowest thou can not hope to challenge thy son of Odin.
Surfs up dude.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I'm not pleased how you guys are saying as if executing any lurker at all would be good.
I do believe there are mafiosi among the lurkers, but if you don't look at each case separately and point the scummier one you are just giving the king, if scum, a chance for an easy kill free of suspicion.

Let me help you.

Which players haven't posted yet in 2007?

CrashTextDummie – las post dec 20
Der Hammer (rep. Vaughn) – last post dec 6
Mert – last post dec 2
Nightfall (rep. UberTimmy) – only post on KM on dec 16
Phoebus – last post dec 10
Samus (rep. Twomz) – only post on dec 16

Is lynching any of them the same?
I don't think so.

Mert – last post in KM dec 2 – last post on MS on dec 3
Samus (rep. Twomz) – only post on dec 16 – last post on MS on dec 18

Mert and Samus probably left the site. They would rather be replaced.

CrashTextDummie – last post in KM on dec 20 – last post on MS jan 9
Der Hammer (rep. Vaughn) – last post in KM on dec 6 – last post on MS on jan 10
Nightfall (rep. UberTimmy) – only post on KM on dec 16 – last post on MS on jan 10
Phoebus – last post in KM on dec 10 – last post on MS on jan 8

CTD, DH, Nightfall and Phoebus are around. Are they purposely lurking?

BrianMcQueso

Could you prod/replace those players? Mert and Samus will probably have to be replaced, the user RafK offered himself as a replacement in the sign up thread.
I'd really like to force the other four to come back.
And I'd really like people who are advocating the lynch of lurkers to check their posts and tell me who they think fits better their top3.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:09 pm

Post by olio »

My top three suspects are still same with the same reasons:
pablito, LuckayLuck and Nightson.

spectrumvoid and MoS are contenders.

Spectrumvoid for her recent "I go after few specific people" and then listing 9 out of 20 players. That's more than few, I think. She also says in her post 64 that she won't be voting any lurkers because "she can't remember who is genuinely lurking, and who will be replaced". After 4 posts and 5 days "any lurker would do" in her top 3.

MoS for her passive, anti-townish play. If he's town, he should care what happens to him.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

To be clear, I'm not pushing for Phoebus and Twomz/Samus to be lynched just because they're lurkers, I'm pushing for them to be lynched because I think they're both quite scummy looking. Not posting at all isn't necessarally scummy, although it certanly dosn't help their cases, but posting without posting any kind of useful content is scummy,which they were both doing while they were here.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Definitive post from me here.....

I will post all my thoughts so far on Sunday. I have had exams all this week and another tomorrow which I am revising for now. By sunday I would have had a good chance to look things over and I still am interested and want to play in this game.

Sorry for the annoyance my lack of posting has been but in my defence I was a replacement then immediately after the two crashes came and since then things have been rather busy for me. I know this is no excuse so I will plug away and give you something to read on sunday.
You used to be alright
What happened?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:07 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Olio: I have been going after a few specific people all game. Check my voting record and my posts each day. Today, I've been going after Yos and/or Glork. The reason why I'm listing more people is because 'some' people have been accusing me of leaving them out.

Sorry, that post I promised will only be out tomorrow, too tired after speed chess tourney today.
Blank.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Fritzler wrote:Thor, son of Odin, believe
yosarian, scumvoid, and bird's replacement
shall perish. Storm and Fury, thy master commands, destroy these heathens.
If those three are your prime suspects why did you vote nightson?
And don't you suspect crashtextdummie anymore?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

spectrumvoid wrote: To DR: 'll try to explain why: I didn't like the way Glork was going after Yos without a reason hard yesterday, making everyone basically choose between Yos or Pooky. Even though the end result was good (we got scum yay!), going after someone without a reason is generally a major scum-tell. I've elaborated on this before somewhere recently.
But why do you think he would throw his buddy under the bus so early in the game?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Der Hammer wrote: I will post all my thoughts so far on Sunday.
Good.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: Fritz

He doesn't seem to be making much sense here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

My three votes:

Vote: Mert

Vote: StallingChamp

Vote: Ubertimmy

I'm finding it extremely difficult to actually find people to "want" to lynch as much as having certain people I don't want to lynch and leading to a process of elimination to a gruop of people who I want to lynch. Those three basically are part of that group.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by Glork »

You need to get more aggressive, LL. Process of elimination doesn't generally work as well as I think you think it does.

(I hope the above sentence made sense. It makes sense when I read it, but it's 2 AM and I've been reading and writing about philosophy for a good four hours.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:31 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Glork wrote:You need to get more aggressive, LL. Process of elimination doesn't generally work as well as I think you think it does.

(I hope the above sentence made sense. It makes sense when I read it, but it's 2 AM and I've been reading and writing about philosophy for a good four hours.)
My targets are lame. I admit it! I'll leave the aggression to you, mason-buddy!
I'll just keep defending people like MBL. :P

I'm not really "in" the game just yet since I missed the first day and am not getting the flow quite yet though after today I should be caught up along with my day2 experience. I'm going to wait until the consensus list gets down to around 5 people before I read them, otherwise my mind would get destroyed
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:03 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:
Vote: Fritz

He doesn't seem to be making much sense here.
If Thor was King, though wouldst be smoted....
Surfs up dude.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Glork »

No dude, Fritz, seriously.

WTF?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fritz has been especally random and useless this game.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by pablito »

My top three:

Mert - I have been on him pretty strongly, and I'm not sure what to think of his absence and all. However, I feel it was pretty damning evidence that Mert talked a lot about strange voting patterns and completely ignored addressing MoS. I found that to be extremely scummy. If it so happens that MoS ever turns up scum and Mert or his replacement is still alive, Mert or his replacement must be examined closely. My suspicion on Mert has dropped since mid D2. However, I think a lot of it had to do with specific reactions to Mert and who had earlier jumped on the Mert wagon. But I think I have to stick with my gut and continue saying that Mert is scummy.

olio - I found CDB to be extremely scummy, and olio coming into the game and attacking me right off the bat only cemented my feelings. However, as of late, olio makes a lot of sense so I'm not entirely sure what to think. The way he attacks me seems pretty genuine, and that's something I hadn't gotten from the little that CDB and Stalling gave me.

LuckayLuck - I've only recently started suspecting LL since N2. When Pooky came up as scum, my thoughts immediately veered toward LL because of the way LL treated Pooky and shifted thoughts so quickly. However, I'm still trying to evaluate whether this was because LL tends to believe people who give townie-looking long posts or if it's some scuminess. And with the way that LL gave his last votes, I'm starting to doubt that LL is scum - however, that's the best of my suspicions and therefore LL is on my list. But LL consistently seems to be following me, and it's strange and it could be tainting my view of LL.
Sup, later.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:06 am

Post by olio »

LuckayLuck wrote:I'm not really "in" the game just yet since I missed the first day and am not getting the flow quite yet though after today I should be caught up along with my day2 experience.
You might also want to check your vote on StallingChamp as I've been replacing him for a while now.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”