Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:02 am

Post by Adele »

For goodness' sake. How you expect us to defend ourselves when you don't raise anything for us to defend ourselves against, I don't know. Why you act as though this is so incredibly urgent because we're at risk of deadline when all mods ensure that the deadlines leave at least enough room to finish up and one hadn't even been set, I don't know.

Huggles for my other head.

Go town. Please don't do this again tomorrow; at least go easy enough on the "easy kill" so that the
actual
scum has a
chance
to show themselves.
Courk
Courk
Townie
Courk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Courk »

After a very joyous holiday season (every holiday is celebrated twice in Twoopolis, plus two-headed carolers always have nice harmony, once they agree on a song), the townsfolk get back into their lynching groove. The two-headed gallows, still sporting its double wreath, is used once again, this time to lynch Adele/Pooky.

The remaming heads hold their breath waiting for signs of Adele/Pooky's alignment. The joyous season continued as their wallet was revealed to contain a Twoopolis Mafia Membership card.

Congrats, town, you have lynched mafia!

It is now Night 3. Choices due Thursday, January 11, at 12:00 noon EST.
Courk
Courk
Townie
Courk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Post by Courk »

My apologies, I thought I had set this deadline for 10 pm.

thestatusquo/Fritzler were in their kitchen preparing their late-night snack of hot cocoa when their doorbell rang. "Oh, hello-" they began in unison before a single gunshot rang out. By the time they were discovered in the morning, it was too late for them. They were a townie.

Also last night, Thesp/Sherlock were growing restless at their home.

"I'm tired of just waiting around to see who will be dead in the morning," complained Thesp.

"Me too. I wish there was something we could do to help the town more," replied Sherlock.

"Maybe we can. Maybe we can be a sort of neighborhood watch."

And so they set out that night on a mission to keep their town safe. However, they didn't pay attention when going down that alley. They were found there in the morning, with numerous bullet wounds. They were a townie.

Day 4! 8 alive, 5 to lynch!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes thank god.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:19 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ugh. Time for a wake-up call.

Vote: Amb
for now; this could be moving pending responses. Question time.

1.) Spec/Kleb, do you have any useful results for us?

2.) Amb, why did you never get back to us on your reread? And how did you somehow forget that you were voting for Pooky/Adele before you tried to vote them again after they were already lynched?

3.) CES/Mgm, why did you vote for Pooky/Adele after you already
knew
they were lynched? Why exactly were you voting Bogre for the entirity of D3?

4.) Glork/MoS, the two of you seemed to have been very eager to post early in the game and spam, but have petered off since. Why? I am seriously thinking the two of you are trying to avoid the thread as of late.

5.) Lowell/Spront, do you intend to keep touting the fact that you are purposely lurking in this game? Why have you even done so to begin with?

6.) CDB/Zindie, your pairing in particular has been extraordinarily inactive for the past Two mafia days, and in fact for the past two months. If it isn't obvious, I have a difficult time reading non-posters. Zindie, don't you love me? I was hoping to see an analysis from you sometime yesterday. :(

7.) Nightson/TSS, I have been getting the feeling that your most recent posts have had little substance whilst trying to appear to be substantive. Could you give me your top two suspects with a reasonable explanation for each, and who you think is most likely to be town?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:17 am

Post by Zindaras »

Zindie's having motivational and time issues.

The good ol' gut's saying that GlorkoS is prolly scum. But that's without reading the thread. I sent CDB a PM last night, to which he responded that he had requested replacement.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:05 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

petroleumjelly wrote:3.) CES/Mgm, why did you vote for Pooky/Adele after you already knew they were lynched? Why exactly were you voting Bogre for the entirity of D3?
I was catching up with the thread and by the time I had reached the final posts, I had made up my mind to ====[]. Sadly, the final post was thestatusquo's hammah. I just threw in a vote, so that if a mistake had been made, I would get the ========[].

My original vote for Bogre was just a bandwagonnish vote. As a result of circumstances, it never left.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow, nice lynch everyone. Surprising.

I need to look back over yesterday and find out who was responsible for that find.

Also, I/we apologize for lurking. I for one am going to try to be more active now that the numbers are dwindling.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:50 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

vote: Glork/MoS

Scum.
Blank.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Zindaras »

*laughs*

My gut's even right about Glork when I'm not reading the thread.

Vote: GlorkoS
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:10 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I'd still like those people left to answer questions, please.

Unvote: Amb, Vote: Glork/MoS
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Zindaras »

Uhh, could I get a quick re-run of claims, confirmedness, and all the like? I'm not sure if I will be able to get a re-read in, but I need at least some information.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:28 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

<-- Is trying to do criminology reading/homework. *shakes fist*

Well, I seem to have been slacking on my game notes (although I do have the voting patterns from D1 and D2, just not finished from D3), but I don't believe anybody who is alive has claimed anything, nor has any prior information claimed about them. So far as confirmedness goes, about the only person I have marked as town besides MBL and myself are spec/kleb.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Glork »

Well, this is interesting. I'd like to hear the 'case' against me. SV/Klebian seem to be indicating a cop/information role, but with two cops dead and gone already, I'd like to hear them make their case explicit one way or another. If you're a third cop, and you're confident that you're sane, just come out and state it directly, along with any living innocent results you have. If you've got another reason to suspect MoS and I, for the love of god, present an actual argument instead of pushing the town into a discussionless bandwagoning frenzy. As flashy as it may be to try to catch scum by not presenting a case, it only works so long as you're, y'know... actually right.

Zindie: There are no outstanding claims. There are no confirmed innocents. There are 2-3 Mafiates and a Serial Killer out there, it seems. MoS and I will claim pending an explanation from SV and Klebian or possibly pending a Lynch -1 vote.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Zindaras »

Oh, I thought that this:
petroleumjelly wrote:1.) Spec/Kleb, do you have any useful results for us?
and this:
spectrumvoid wrote:
vote: Glork/MoS

Scum.
were indications of a claimed Cop.

Unvote
, for the moment.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:45 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:...If you're a third cop, and you're confident that you're sane, just come out and state it directly, along with any living innocent results you have...
This reads as an admission of scum to me. A townsperson would have said "If you're
claiming
to be a third cop who
purports
to be sane..." etc.
Glork wrote:
There are 2-3 Mafiates
and a Serial Killer out there, it seems.
Really? What in particular makes you think there are up to 3 mafia scum left? MBL and I had a brief discussion on this last night, and decided that balance-wise, 4 mafia v 1 SK seemed heavily weighed against the SK to an extent that we thought it unlikely.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 am

Post by Glork »

No, they certainly haven't
claimed
anything, Zindie. And there are two dead cops already. I'm not saying that being a third cop is out-of-the-question, but there are not often that many cops in a game (and if there are, sanity is usually an issue). PJ seems to have assumed that they are a cop, and I won't deny that SV is behaving like she's got information. But I would have to question that information, regardless of what she thinks the nature or certainty of that information is.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Glork wrote:...If you're a third cop, and you're confident that you're sane, just come out and state it directly, along with any living innocent results you have...
This reads as an admission of scum to me. A townsperson would have said "If you're
claiming
to be a third cop who
purports
to be sane..." etc.
I'll get back to you on this one. Like I said, I have no reason to claim anything until I understand why I'm nearing lynch.
PJ wrote:
Glork wrote:
There are 2-3 Mafiates
and a Serial Killer out there, it seems.
Really? What in particular makes you think there are up to 3 mafia scum left? MBL and I had a brief discussion on this last night, and decided that balance-wise, 4 mafia v 1 SK seemed heavily weighed against the SK to an extent that we thought it unlikely.
4 total scum in a game with 17 players and as much power as I've seen does not seem particularly likely to me. Granted, if there is a third cop, there are very likely some result-skewing shenaningans on one end or the other, because that would rely on some seriously lucky/accurate kills. Otherwise, the town is way too overpowered. Even then, the odds do not favor 3 Mafia and 1 SK in a 17-player game, unless the scums have some significant perks to even things up or the town is having to deal with insane cops/docs. If there are 3 scums left, than a mislynch (or even a lynch on the Serial Killer) would spell disaster for us. I would advise extreme caution throughout the course of the day. 5/17 scum is still less than 30% scum, and if the SK is unkillable or investigation-immune (or, heck, both), that would do well to balance things out quite a bit. I'm surprised that a player normally as cautious as you, PJ, would press for the notion of there only being two scum left. It definitely makes me wonder if you're a dirty scumbag who just wants to see the day end with my face ground into the dirt.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Glork »

Actually, at this point I would suggest a massclaim. I'm willing to claim first, since I seem to be on the block. But regardless of whether there are two or three Mafia members left, we need to lynch correctly on every day from here on out in order to not lose (unless we get lucky and get some serious crosskill action on this coming night... which I do *NOT* want to see happen).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:11 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:Even then, the odds do not favor 3 Mafia and 1 SK in a 17-player game, unless the scums have some significant perks to even things up
or the town is having to deal with insane cops/docs.
You answered your own query. The other two Cops probably had sanity issues, which were supposed to lead to confusion of results, as well as possible counter-claims, all of which would help to "even" the game, as you say.

Do you care to speculate on "scum perks" while you're going to bring up the subject?
Glork wrote:I'm surprised that a player normally as cautious as you, PJ, would press for the notion of there only being two scum left. It definitely makes me wonder if you're a dirty scumbag who just wants to see the day end with my face ground into the dirt.
Blah, blah, OMGUSery. I have not lost my cautiousness, or else I wouldn't have forced MBL to discuss the 4 mafia scum possibility with me last night (which I have, in fact, already mentioned). Nice try, though.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Glork »

Scums with abilities (such as a Mafia Roleblocker), investigation-immunity, or nightkill-immunity. I pretty much had the "typical" (at least in my experience) ones in mind.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Glork wrote:I'm surprised that a player normally as cautious as you, PJ, would press for the notion of there only being two scum left. It definitely makes me wonder if you're a dirty scumbag who just wants to see the day end with my face ground into the dirt.
Blah, blah, OMGUSery. I have not lost my cautiousness, or else I wouldn't have forced MBL to discuss the 4 mafia scum possibility with me last night (which I have, in fact, already mentioned). Nice try, though.
Actually, I had presented a case where I feel that you and CES/MGM are definitely scumbuddies of Pooky/Adele, but before I posted when the game opened up, I found myself with three votes. I'll make my cases against the two of you after I get done with my afternoon classes.

Still, your attempt to discredit my concern as mere OMGUS has been logged and noted.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:15 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:Actually, at this point I would suggest a massclaim
so my partner(s) will know whether or not it will be safe to kill spec/kleb tonight.
And lol. Now for a real quote:
Glork wrote:... (unless we get lucky and get some serious crosskill action on this coming night... which I do *NOT* want to see happen).
Freudian Slip? Why
wouldn't
you want to see cross-killing? That would be the best possible thing that could happen at this point.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Glork »

I meant to say "which I do not
expect
to see happen." :oops:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:21 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:Scums with abilities (such as a Mafia Roleblocker), investigation-immunity, or nightkill-immunity.
1.) Mafia RB is extremely unlikely, or else I would wager spec/kleb would have been role-blocked last night
2.) I will grant the possibility of GFness
3.) You think there are UNNK mafia against a SK? Doubtful. Forcing a SK to lynch mafia instead of having the ability to NK them, once again, is unbalanced.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”