Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by olio »

Oh yes, for
MY
viewing pleasure, can you please somehow announce in the text when you're going to use meta-gaming "evidence" so I can skip that shit more easily. kthxb

Come on MoS, top that in arrogance on your answer!
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Yosarian2 wrote:This isn't really intended as an argument, because of the extreme WIFOM implications, but it did just occur to me that if you are town, Glork, it's likely the scum were hoping to set me up by leaving you alive but killing MBL. If you're town you would be the most obveous target for the kill last night, but it was fairly obveous after yesterday that you were going to come after me hard today and that you'd have a lot of credibility, and then the scum kill the person who was defending me yesterday.

(shrug) Again, just a thought, but it does seem possible that the scum were hoping they could get us to bash heads all day and take the attention off of them, and perhaps use you to get me lynched. Scum often kill so as to manipulate the next day's conversation. Which might also explain why you weren't killed last night, which was something I had been wondering about.
Yos could you please explain this post?
- you say glork is town. WIFOMishly, scum left G alive to set you up.
- you say that if glork is town, G would be the most obvious kill. Does that imply G is not town?
- are you saying Glork is town because scum is hoping you two will bash head.

I'm confused.

More on MoS later after I read his posts in isolation.
Blank.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Glork »

Yos basically said this:
Since I executed scum, I'm more likely to have credibility in the eyes of the town. I obviously went after Yos hard yesterday (and I kept pressing today, until MoS presented himself as a better option), and the scums killed MBL (who was widely thought to be pro-town, by the end of the day, and had defended Yos). In spite of the possiblity of WIFOM, Yos asked if I was kept alive because of the fact that I would push Yos so hard today, because they were hoping that we would clash (which we have) and that it might lead to a lynch of one of us (which it might).

In response to Yos, all I really have to say is that, if someone is picking up a lot of flak and in the center of attention (which you were), there is no way that they are going to die. As far as why
I
wasn't killed... I have two theories. One, at least one scumbag is aware of my "I'd bus my scumbuddies, especially in a Mountainous game" statement at the end of Lights Out. I'd hate to admit it, but I definitely think that it's a distinct possiblity that I'm being left alive so that people will wonder why I'm not dying. It certainly would not be the first time that has happened. The other theory I have is that, since I couldn't be made King today, I don't hold any
actual
power. Regardless of the executions I push, I am much less likely to actually be the one deciding today's execution. Tomorrow, I may be back in the saddle if I'm still alive. Obviously, we don't know that yet. Then there's also the fact that I've been an extremely vocal player, and I'm bound to be near or in the spotlight as long as I'm alive. A bit of a double-edged sword, if you ask me, but I understand why it is so.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

spectrumvoid wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:This isn't really intended as an argument, because of the extreme WIFOM implications, but it did just occur to me that if you are town, Glork, it's likely the scum were hoping to set me up by leaving you alive but killing MBL. If you're town you would be the most obveous target for the kill last night, but it was fairly obveous after yesterday that you were going to come after me hard today and that you'd have a lot of credibility, and then the scum kill the person who was defending me yesterday.

(shrug) Again, just a thought, but it does seem possible that the scum were hoping they could get us to bash heads all day and take the attention off of them, and perhaps use you to get me lynched. Scum often kill so as to manipulate the next day's conversation. Which might also explain why you weren't killed last night, which was something I had been wondering about.
Yos could you please explain this post?
- you say glork is town. WIFOMishly, scum left G alive to set you up.
- you say that if glork is town, G would be the most obvious kill. Does that imply G is not town?
- are you saying Glork is town because scum is hoping you two will bash head.

I'm confused.

More on MoS later after I read his posts in isolation.
(shrug) It's always somewhat WIFOM to try to figure out why the scum killed who they killed, but nonetheless from my experence scum usually have a good reason for who they kill and it can be worth at least thinking about, especally in a game with no doc where the scum aren't trying to second guess possible doc protection. In this case, one thing I had been wondering (which was one of several reasons I was mildly suspicion of Glork, although certanly not a very strong reason) was why Glork hadn't been killed. If he is town, he would be the most obveous target; he's always a high profile target who often dies night 1 or night 2, he has been especally high profile in this game from the moment the game started because of his kingmaker 1 preformance and how other people were treating him based on that preformance, and after killing a scum he would probably be considered by most to being the closest thing to being cleared anyone in a vanillia game can be (my own doubts nonwithstanding). So why was he still alive?

If Glork is town, the most likely reason I can think of that someone would leave him alive was because at the end of the day, he was targeting me and Pooky. So it would have been quite predictable that if Glork was left alive, that he would be attacking me today, and so it occured to me that perhaps, if Glork is town, the scum would have left him alive specifically so that he would attack me today, perhaps get me lynched especally if MBL (who had defended me yesterday) was dead, and certanly the two of us would create a lot of noise and heat (me and Glork are both good at that, heh) which would help keep the focus off of the scum. Basically a win-win for the scum; if they leave Glork alive, then either I get lynched without the scum really having to stick their necks out durng the day to make it happen, or me and Glork spend most of the day arguing with each other which helps the scum fly under the radar.

Note that I'm not assuming that Glork is town. Another possibility has always been that he wasn't nightkilled because he's scum. It had just occured to me that there was another possibility for Glork still being alive, so I mentioned it.
Glork wrote:Yos basically said this:
Since I executed scum, I'm more likely to have credibility in the eyes of the town. I obviously went after Yos hard yesterday (and I kept pressing today, until MoS presented himself as a better option), and the scums killed MBL (who was widely thought to be pro-town, by the end of the day, and had defended Yos). In spite of the possiblity of WIFOM, Yos asked if I was kept alive because of the fact that I would push Yos so hard today, because they were hoping that we would clash (which we have) and that it might lead to a lynch of one of us (which it might).
Yeah, that's a good summery.
In response to Yos, all I really have to say is that, if someone is picking up a lot of flak and in the center of attention (which you were), there is no way that they are going to die. As far as why
I
wasn't killed... I have two theories. One, at least one scumbag is aware of my "I'd bus my scumbuddies, especially in a Mountainous game" statement at the end of Lights Out. I'd hate to admit it, but I definitely think that it's a distinct possiblity that I'm being left alive so that people will wonder why I'm not dying. It certainly would not be the first time that has happened. The other theory I have is that, since I couldn't be made King today, I don't hold any
actual
power. Regardless of the executions I push, I am much less likely to actually be the one deciding today's execution. Tomorrow, I may be back in the saddle if I'm still alive. Obviously, we don't know that yet. Then there's also the fact that I've been an extremely vocal player, and I'm bound to be near or in the spotlight as long as I'm alive. A bit of a double-edged sword, if you ask me, but I understand why it is so.
Sure, it's possible you're being kept alive because the scum think that not killing you might get you lynched, but after you executed Pooky it's not very likely you'll be executed in the near future. Whereas I would expect you to have a lot of influince today, and to have a very high chance of being king tommorow. No, I really have a hunch that if you are town, the biggest reason scum left you alive is because they expected you to lead the town today and probably tommorow, and they thought they knew which direction you would lead it in.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:57 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, I feel like I need to comment on this discussion, because it starting to sound like Yos is presenting an either/or scenario: either Glork is scum, or scum left Glork alive to attack Yos today specifically. I don't really like it when people get themselves stuck into such narrow-minded thinking, so I gave it about a half an hours thought.

Either Glork is scum, or Glork is town. That much is obvious. If Glork is scum, he could not be nightkilled.

If Glork is town, here is a list of possible reasons MBL was nightkilled instead of Glork (a few of these have already been covered):

Possible Long-Term Plans

1.) The scum intend to leave Glork alive in hopes of an eventual execution on the exact notion of "if Glork were town he would have been night-killed by now"
2.) Glork may indeed be off on some (if not all) of his suspicions, and scum hope for him to lead one or more misexecutions
3.) The scum don't even really
care
whether or not Glork is alive, and might be playing the game as it comes, and killing people for whatever reasons (which would imply to me a fairly unorganized scum group, but *shrug*)
4.) The scum might be afraid to set an example of killing people directly after they execute scum, since this would (I imagine) make it difficult to explain not getting night-killed if scum ever bus one of their partners later in the game

Possible Short-Term Plans

1.) The scum were afraid that MBL may have been crowned King on D3, and killed him to prevent such
2.) The scum were not afraid that MBL may have been crowned King on D3, but may have wanted to kill MBL specifically because many people thought he was town by the end of yesterday (whereas there may have been signifant doubters for Glork)
3.) The scum figured that killing MBL might lead people to read his posts more closely in order to lay false trails for those people who thought #1
4.) The scum are trying to play more of a day-by-day strategy: since they know Glork could not be King D3, they might have decided to wait (probably until tonight, if this is where they are going) in order to kill somebody who could potentially become King instead
5.) The scum may have thought that MBL was one of the game's "power roles" (i.e. Kingmaker or Hero)

In other words, I would consider all nine of these (at least) as possible alternate reasons why Glork was not killed other than "he is scum". Other than Yos's focus in this particular issue, I have generally liked Yos's responses to Glork, and still think he is more likely to be town than not.

I honestly haven't formed a solid stance on MoS from the latest discussion, since I still think he has looked fairly town to me, and it may just be annoyance (at his refusal to vote, and his refusal to explain votes, and at his defense of "Phoebus" which he never really explained to me in a way I could understand) that is making me think he is scummier than he is. I don't much care for his chosen style of play this game, and that might be what is affecting me more than anything, so I will try to set aside some time later to devote in reading his posts in particular.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Glork »

For the record, I still see a case for Yos being scum, and I'm certainly not abandoning that. Right now, though, MoS has jumped up on my list, and MoSscum strongly implies YosTown, IMO.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

petroleumjelly wrote:Okay, I feel like I need to comment on this discussion, because it starting to sound like Yos is presenting an either/or scenario: either Glork is scum, or scum left Glork alive to attack Yos today specifically. I don't really like it when people get themselves stuck into such narrow-minded thinking, so I gave it about a half an hours thought.
Hardly an either/or scenerio, pj. It occured to me that they might have left Glork alive for that reason, so I mentioned it as a possible theory, and then I clarified it when SV asked me to. It was never intended to be any kind of solid proof of anything, just a thought I thought I'd share. Perhaps it's just my paranoia that makes me feel like they're trying to set me up here to get lynched, but eh, this is mafia, sometimes they really are out to get you. ;)

I've got to say, though, that most of your other suggestions seem to have a fairly low probability to me.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Yos2 wrote:I've got to say, though, that most of your other suggestions seem to have a fairly low probability to me.
I'll bite. Why?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by Glork »

*chomp*
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, just going by good stratagy and such, I don't think either 3 or 4 in your "long term plans" suggestions make a whole lot of sense to me. Dosn't mean they're impossible, but neither one would be a very logical move on the scum's part.

In your short term plans list, I could see them executing MBL if for some reason they didn't want him to become king; say, he was onto something; and so #3 is also possible, although if they were trying to lay false trails killing Glork might still be a better bet.

Most of your others don't seem very likely to me. There's no reason for the scum to go hunting for the kingmaker or for the hero at this point; killing the kingmaker makes no difference, and the hero's probably as likely to hurt the town as to help it.

(shrug) But your point is made, there certanly are any number of possible reasons that they may have chosen to kill MBL.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Hi, I'm finally back home.
It's late at night so I will post properly in my games from tomorrow on.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hrm.
Yos2 wrote:In your short term plans list, I could see them executing MBL if for some reason they didn't want him to become king; say, he was onto something; and so #3 is also possible,
although if they were trying to lay false trails killing Glork might still be a better bet.
Please clarify for me if you agree with these statements:

1.) Suppose Glork does not die N2 (which happened). Would you believe this is because scum left him alive specifically to attack you?
2.) Suppose Glork dies on N2. Would you then believe this was done specifically so people would follow the "false trail" and hence suspect you?

It seems to me like whether or not Glork was killed, you were going to slip into the "I was framed" mentality.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

petroleumjelly wrote:Hrm.

Please clarify for me if you agree with these statements:

1.) Suppose Glork does not die N2 (which happened). Would you believe this is because scum left him alive specifically to attack you?
2.) Suppose Glork dies on N2. Would you then believe this was done specifically so people would follow the "false trail" and hence suspect you?

It seems to me like whether or not Glork was killed, you were going to slip into the "I was framed" mentality.
Heh...not quite. I was thinking that if Glork was killed, there's a whole list of people he attacked day 2, including MBL, that scum could quote to create false trails, if that was their goal; more so then the "false trails" MBL left behind, I would think.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Glork »

But if you'll notice, Yos, there was a point in the day when I decided that MBL was actually town based on his behavior. I had pretty much zoned in on the two of you completely, and I was trying to decide which one of you/Pooky was
more
likely to be scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:42 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

As i'm at school at the moment and readed everything so far, a short comment on what happened so far.

I'm really not convinced that MoS is scum due to his actions. The fact that he doesn't vote doesn't mean that he has suspicions. I think pushing more votes then necessary is more likely scummy then not doing it, bassicly because the king (yes, generalisation here) looks at voting updates, and scum don't have influence by not voting. I don't consider his behaviour being "under the radar" either, because he's has accussed people of scum, and accussing calls out reactions. The fact that he doesn't reply to people asking for reasoning could be considered both scummy or flawed activity, so i'm leaving that in the middle. It could be that I missed something, please correct me if I did.

About Yos: I could get into the fact that he thinks the assassins try to "frame" him (a bit), but his last couple of posts convinces me more and more that he might be scum (as for throwing with WIFOM as a defensive stance). I got to read back more about what he did during day 1 and 2 again, just to verify if my "gut" feeling leads me to the right way.

That's it for now. Back to work...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:04 am

Post by Lowell »

Eh, I hate to bring this up as it implicates me, but....

We need to do a better job of pressuring the lurkers. Or, maybe, just the King does. Whoever.

Basically I've sat back this entire game so far (since subbing in) without really posting anything other than a post or two at the beginning. And I don't have any votes (and didn't last time). I'm relatively certain, with all the high-octane players getting into arguments about scum psychology, that there are a fair number of scum just sitting back and watching. There are about 5 or 6 players consistently posting, and everyone else is just nowhere. We need to get more chatter out of everyone.

Now my two cents on the most recent discussion.

I'm in the "Glork is town" camp on this one, but on further review not as squarely as I was earlier. I find it unlikely that he would bus a scumbuddy so early, but, on the other hand, scum are only going to be lucky enough to earn the town's trust once in awhile, so it could indeed be a setup (I can envison, in fact, the scum saying to each other during the first night "Hey, let's all agree that if one of us gets made king, we'll bus a teammate first"...thus allowing one player--King-- to earn town trust, while the others know what is coming and are free to say pretty much whatever they want without fear of being attached to a guilty or an innocent).

Ultimately, though, I choose to take the kill at face value (WIFOM makes my brain hurt) and think that Glork is a useful townie. I'm of the opinion that we'll go a long way towards solving this riddle by watching how he plays when he's NOT the king.

As well I'm becoming increasingly convinced that Yosarian is town as well. His recent posts have a very pro-town ring to them. If this true there may be some valuable information in how people reacted to Glork's "Yos or Pooky" ultimatim.

In hindsight this was a long post to say not much, but so it goes.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
About Yos: I could get into the fact that he thinks the assassins try to "frame" him (a bit), but his last couple of posts convinces me more and more that he might be scum (as for throwing with WIFOM as a defensive stance). I got to read back more about what he did during day 1 and 2 again, just to verify if my "gut" feeling leads me to the right way.[/quote]

For the love of God...

I had a thought, so I shared it. Several people have demanded more and more details about it, so I went along. But it's not really a major deal, it was never supposed to be any kind of "defense" or anything like that, and the only reason I keep talking about it is because people aren't giving me a choice here. So can please forget about this stupid thing and go back to lynching scum here?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Hi.
My life is finally back to normal, so now my rule starts
de facto
I was not expecting to be king so early, but since I'm here and this may be my only chance I don't intend to waste it.

I do intend to make people participate and take a stance.
I would like every player to list the three players they suspect the most (or if they do not suspect anybody the three they would mind less to see executed) and why.

Feel free to put me in your list if you suspect me (although I will not execute myself, of course).
I will question players based on the contend of their "top3" list and my personal notes. I will use this information to build my list of execution, which will be step 2.

Tomorrow let's see about lurkers.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yos, voidygal and Phoebus (assuming Phoebus's activity continues like this).

I promise I'll elaborate more in the future. I've been letting this game down, I'm afraid.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Samus (Twomz's replacement), Phoebus, and MOS.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Zindaras- due to holidays many people were too busy. Now that 2007 is up and running we will separate lurkers from drunkards.

Yosarian2- Please elaborate your reasoning in the same post for easy reference. Having to collect info from 20 players is hard enough without having to read all of their previous posts. Also, the reasoning is the part where... nah, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Hmm.

I'd have to say MoS, Yos, and Nightson... though I don't think that both MoS and Yos are scum together. So take that for what it's worth.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sure, I'll give reasons.

Phobus and Twomz were both scummy looking lurkers.

Phoebus has done very little all game, even when he was around he mostly just followed bad bandwagons and made excuses for not doing anything. Yesterday, he stalled, saying
Phoebus wrote:Do not patronise me, Glork.

The continued interruptions with the site do nothing to help my train of thought about this game.

You are allowed to call it laziness but as far as I'm concerned, I skim the posts to see if anything is addressed to me and I shall respond to it until further notice.
Zindaras said that "He asked you a question" which led me to believe that yos had directed one specifically at me and I don't usually miss those.
Seeing as this was not the case and seeing as thanks to your pointing them out, I now know the questions, my stand on it was summarised pertinently by my first post since the latest interruption.

Kill anyone. I don't care.

I am almost tempted to volunteer to put myself out of my misery but given that the fag end of this day has spanned two interruptions, I'd decided that I would contribute something on the next game day. If that is acceptable, that would be great because I'm not someone who opts out of a game for trivial reasons.
Currently, however, I just can't be arsed.
Tomorrow - after more results. Sure.

If you or any other players have a problem with this, or if the mod is concerned with this sort of attitude for the remainder of today, please do what you seem fit.

Zindaras: Rot op!
Translation: I'm going to refuse to post anything useful today, even though I'm here and posting, but I'll do something tommorow, I promise!

Stalling, refusing to commit to anything, and no attempt to help the town in any way.

And then, despite his "promise" to contribute something today, he has not yet posted.

Twomz placed a scummy vote on the bird wagon (during the era of lost posts), along with Pooky. I thought they were both suspicious at that point, and he may have been working with Pooky to push an easy lynch, that I'm now fairly sure was a bad bandwagon. He's done basically nothing even remotly pro-town all game. His replacement, Samus, posted one time, on december 16'th. I suppose we could try to replace her too, but I really think she's likely to be scum.

Basically, both of those two players have given me reasons to suspect them, and they've given me absolutly no reason to think they're pro-town. In any case, we can't allow people to just flatly refuse to contribute in a vanillia game.

MOS: defended Pooky yesterday without ever giving a good reason, trying to delay his execution "for a few days", which automatically puts him on the suspicious list. Not only was he defending Pooky, he was also pushing for me to be executed without giving any reason, which could also have been an attempt to get someone other then Pooky lynched. Interestingly, he was also defending Phoebus is basically the same logic-less way he was defending Pooky.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Glork wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Glork, if I cared whether or not I died, I would hardly be playing like this. My response about the Mountainous game was a joke, but you clearly didn't pick up on that. I hardly see how I am "flip-flopping" my position. Agreeing that your analysis seems right and agreeing with an argument that makes you seem to be scum are not opposite events. It's entirely possible for you to bus a scumbuddy and make a logical sounding argument while being scum, Glork. The fact that you would suggest that the realization of such an occurrence is considered "flip-flopping" just makes me more certain that you are the play today.
The reason I choose to interpret your play as flip-flopping is partially because you won't give any explanations as to why you're saying what you do. In fact, at least twice, you've "become convinced" through someone else's argument that the town should take a certain action. That seems
VERY
flip-floppy to me.
Eh. I didn't ask you to believe what I say. I'm just telling you what I think, for the record, so that when I eventually die and am revealed as town you can use it. I'm not particularly concerned for my own well-being, and I'm not particularly interested in giving explanations for everything I say. Take it or leave it. If you would prefer, I can lurk and say nothing at all.
MoS wrote:As far as bird goes, i didn't have quite the same thinking as LL. I merely felt that it would be beneficial to hear a little more from him before we got rid of him, give him a chance to redeem himself and convince me he's not scum, since I wasn't suspicious enough to want him gone yet.
...alright, that's fair enough. Bird has since then been replaced by K-Scope. What do you think of Scopey?
Has Scope posted yet? I haven't noticed. I've been a bit distracted.
MoS wrote:ROFL. I honestly want you to try and explain how changing your mind is an inherently scummy action. This should be good. When further evidence is presented for or against a person, said evidence has the ability to sway the minds of other players either in support or attack of said person. This is hardly uncommon, nor is it particularly scummy. As the day wore on and Pooky failed to show any signs that he could be protown, I became more willing to put him on the priority lynch list.
Oh, come off it, MoS. I don't think that changing one's mind is scummy. I think that repeatedly throwing out new suspicions and suggestions, without any comment on your previous suspicions/inklings, without giving any reasoning whatsoever, and without . Don't pull this "I'm not scummy for changing my mind" shit with me. It's the entire way you've played so far. You're completely uncooperative, and you're not giving any of
us
a chance to figure out whether
you're
scum or not. I somewhat ignored your play early on, but now I'm starting to think that you have something to hide -- that you won't give any reasons for what you say or do since you don't want anybody connecting you to certain other players (read: your scumbuddies).
lol. See above.
MoS wrote:Wow Glork. You almost had me believing I'd done something scummy for a second there. Then I actually read the quote about Yos's clarification question
in context
, something your subquote in the link failed to do. I didn't say that his scummy actions were minor or forgotten, but that whatever it was (and I still haven't bothered to figure it out, because it's not really relevant) that had
annoyed
me was minor or forgotten. That's a completely different meaning than what you are implying with the format of your analysis.
Point conceded. I didn't read your response post carefully enough.
Thanks. Sorry about the...attitude, shall we call it. I wasn't in the best of moods at the time (not your fault, unrelated to the game).
MoS wrote:
*NOTE: In Pooky's big huge analysis, he says that he is "more willing to put him in my townie column" due to MoS' behavior. In a game waaaay back a while ago (I forget which one, but I can find and cite it if anybody cares that much), I said something like this: "A scumbag who's giving opinions on everyone is most likely to place a 'mostly neutral, though leaning towards pro-town' label on a scumbuddy." Pooky might have done this here, with MoS.
You know, I'm feeling good enough that I think I'll even take the bait on this little tidbit, since I don't really care if it makes me look scummier. I have a little question for you, Glork. When's the last time that Pooky was considered a typical scum player? Just wondering ;).
My experience with PookyScum thus far mainly stems from when we were scumbuddies in Goats Mafia. Pooky freely attacked people who were not in our scumgroup, but he largely ignored what happened with his scumbuddies (Aelyn/Romanus). Considering Pooky was attempting to make a "genuine analysis" on everybody in the game, he couldn't simply ignore you (or his other scumbuddies). So I've come to the conclusion that he likely kept opinions of most (if not all) of his scumbuddies in the neutral to seemingly-protown range.

So basically, MoS... yes, I do expect that Pooky would behave in a "typical" scum manner in this case.
Hmm. That doesn't really square up with how I've seen him as scum before, but I'll give it to you anyways. It's not like either of us is going to convince the other, since we've seen him in different games. Although it does beg the question of whether or not Pooky has seen the post you referred to, although this is another one of those things that people will probably laugh at and say it's not likely. But I thought I should point it out anyways for those of you that don't cast aside possibilities.
MoS wrote:I thought I already explained the voting tell. Out of context (using just the vote count), someone who has placed a lot of votes without receiving many themselves seems to be flying under the radar or not really garnering much attention, in part because they have spread their suspicions around so much that they aren't really committing to making concerted attacks on any particular people. I figured that early game, that was as good a tell as I was going to get.
Alright, I see where you are coming from. But I think that you've exhibited many of the same traits that you yourself consider(ed) scumtells.
Throughout Day One, only two people voted for you. You yourself had not garnered many votes.
Over the course of Day One, you expressed suspicions of or advocated executions of Twomz, AmeliaSlay, Vaughn, Glork, Thok, UberTimmy, and Yosarian2. You also asked that PJ execute Bird over Phoebus, but I'm willing to let that slide since you defended Phoebus so adamantly. Though you did not
vote
for anybody, it is evident that you threw out suspicions
all over the place.

When you were asked to clarify some of your points, you avoided answering the inquiries on more than one occasion. I've already noted these, yet you seem to have decided not to reply to them either. You are at least as guilty of "trying to stay under the radar" as Timmy, Thok, or Yosarian were, considering you blatantly
avoided
replying to people who had questions for you.
I really, really
REALLY
want to hear how you care to explain the fact that you can have the audacity to bring up a tell on Timmy/Thok/Yos while exhibiting the exact same tell yourself. I don't want any of this "But since I wasn't
voting
anybody, the tell doesn't apply to me" nonsense.
I hardly think that I was flying under the radar. I seem to recall getting in trouble for my stated style of play. I may have not gotten a lot of votes, but I certainly made myself noticed. It's possible that the others did as well, but I didn't see it, so it was worth pointing out at that time of the day.
Anyway, since you seem to have once again selected what you want to respond to, I'm going to quote a couple of things that I said/asked to which I want you to directly reply:
spectrumvoid wrote:Post 438 is an interesting one. Spectrumvoid says that MoS should provide reasons for how he votes, and MoS, instead of providing any reasons, chooses to harp on the semantics of her post by merely saying, "I'm not voting anybody." No, MoS isn't voting anyone; we're all well aware of that. But he has been making claims about who is scum(my) and who is not. In the absence of votes, reasons for suspicions are essential to decent pro-town play.
Spectrumvoid even clarifies that she wants him to give reasons for his accusations, and in his response (Post 446), he once again ignores the inquiry altogether. Instead, he chooses to repsond to her comment regarding Thok.
See above. I don't feel compelled to provide reasons for all my suspicions, and theatening me with death isn't going to make me more pliable. I'll post what I want to, when I want to. Deal with it.
Glork wrote:The big thing is that
MoS has not backed any of his claims or suspicions with any shred of evidence
.* He has either chosen not to respond, has said "Gut," or has said that he doesnt "need" to provide any further evidence or discussion. This is absolute crap. Players
do
need to provide evidence for their accusations.
Glork wrote:I have a question for you, MoS. If you lurk, don't provide any reasoning for your opinions, and play the "survival" game, how do you expect
anybody
to trust or believe you when the town approaches endgame?
Simple. I don't expect to reach endgame. However, I doubt any scum are going to kill me very soon, since I'm such an easy person to push for execution. I'll die eventually, if not today. *shrug*
Permanent V/LA.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Thor, son of Odin, believe yosarian, scumvoid, and bird's replacement shall perish. Storm and Fury, thy master commands, destroy these heathens.
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”