Mini 387: Suicide Bombers, GAME OVER (at last)!

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:46 am

Post by molestargazer »

Well, looks like it's gone quiet. I've posted my ideas - what does everyone else think about my 3 "people I wouldn't mind lynching"?

Oh, and now I can..
Unvote - Masterchief
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Jack »

Why did you unvote masterchief?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 am

Post by molestargazer »

Simply because it was irrelevant. I still believe he is scummy, but I'm ready to embrace the view of others - and go for who I think would be a better choice. I will obviously revote if anything happens or my mind changes (which it does a lot!).
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Jack »

Sooooo, you think he's scummy but you're going to wait and see what the popular opinion is and then go with that?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:36 am

Post by molestargazer »

Did I say that?

The lynch won't work. He's explained himself, and most of you think that's fine. In my opinion, now there's no point.
I believe that there's no point in voting when I myself have said I believe other players to be scummy.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Jack »

No, you didn't say that. I misread :oops:
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:57 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

The NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED VOTE COUNT - 6 to lynch

2 The Central Scrutinizer (Kelly Chen, Save The Dragons)
1 Kelly Chen (pablito)
1 molestargazer (Jack)
Not Voting: Twito, Masterchief, Dead Rikimaru, neongrey, chaotic_diablo, The Central Scrutinizer, molestargazer
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Since dead rik isn't going as planned, is it okay if I present my top three and reasons instead?
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Jack »

Yes, let's keep it moving.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I'll just get to the main points. I do have some minor ones, but they have either been discussed already or are just stupid.
Top 3
1. Pablito
2. TCS
3. Twito

Pablito
261 wrote:Again, has it not been clear that I've been jumping wagons? And why is this suddenly big news?
Pablito has been jumping wagons for quite a while now, so that fact should only reinforce the case against him, not provide an alibi. The way that Pablito tries to twist basic logic so that he can continue to do something scummy in front of our noses just means he's trying to give himself an advantage over everyone else.
289 wrote:So witches float then? That must mean they're full of hot air. *ba dum*

Therefore, I think I'm justified in voting Masterchief then because surely he would float to the surface.
Translation: my vote is justified because MC is surely scum.
291 wrote:Would it be harmful for me to say that half of the reason I started the wagon is to incite pressure on MC who I believe to be pro-town and the other half of the reason was to see who would join and how others would react?
Translation: OMG! The MC bandwagon is going downhill so I need to hop off it fast!
That is a clear 180 degree turn on his stance.

TCS
260 wrote:Twito began the Ubertimmy bandwagon, and never jumped off of it. I would call this a coptell; however, we began with Day, so there's no way that he could have known from the beginning that Timmy was scum. Still, I would bet a dimebag that he was the one protected from last night's mafia hit.
The first thing we should do is suspect Twito, not praise him and drop all suspicion. The point is that Twito was correct that ubertimmy was scum, so why was he? As TCS pointed out, Twito could not have been a cop since he didn't have a chance to investigate. Considering that there are many possilibities on how Twito was right, there is no reason to put Twito into favorable light.
In addition, TCS slips and says that Twito was the possible "night target." Although there is no certainty in the post, if it's true, then the first thing we should do is suspect TCS.
303 wrote:Ok then.
unvote, vote: Kelly Chen.
At least I'll be consistent now. Pablito has convinced me by his actions since my long post that he isn't mafia, just insanely erratic. Maybe he has a post restriction that says he has to change his vote every five posts or get modkilled? Razz (Joke!)
Poor excuse to vote KC over Pablito. "Pablito isn't scum because he acts scummy, but he isn't."

Twito

Twito had been shooting for ubertimmy's lynch for the entire day one period. I have four scenarios for this.
1. Twito is scum who sold out his partner.
2. Twito is a lyncher.
3. Twito got lucky.
4. Some undiscovered game mechanic.

chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Jack goes next.

Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Hi, I'm finally back home.
It's late at night so I will post properly in my games from tomorrow on.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Jack »

Pablito
: Sherlock was acting scummy and asked to be replaced. Pablito felt the need to exclaim several times how scummy he thought Sherlock had acted.

molestargazer
seems to be terrified of taking an unpopular position.

Kelly Chen
got into that long argument that I disagreed with and just seems scummy.

So basically, not much has changed since I first replaced into this game.

I'd like to hear Kelly Chen.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Jack wrote:
Kelly Chen
got into that long argument that I disagreed with and just seems scummy.
Would you still disagree with it if you suppose, as I did, that there was no evidence in advance to think that chaotic_diablo's argument was deliberately shoddy?

TCS
: Look back to this post for why I first voted him.

Later thoughts:
I assume in response to receiving two votes, TCS made his big analysis post. He suggested pablito was the best bet for scum. In his next post, he also rated me pretty high, saying "See, that's why I ranked Kelly Chen so high on my list. I think for this whole game she's been making mountains out of molehills and that just plain stinks to me." But no vote comes from this analysis. It makes me feel that the post really was an effort at self-defense (which TCS has definitely seemed concerned about) but didn't mean business as far as scum-hunting.

I could see this as a playstyle thing, but he had no qualms about jumping on the Masterchief bandwagon. He voted and unvoted me when I called him on not placing any movement-making votes, and then invited people (specifically Jack) to join in on lynching me, but he didn't vote even here. I don't see a lot of conviction behind what TCS says.

I already said this, but "are you voting me because you're a cop?" is a bad sign.

molestargazer
: This guy is weird. Paranoid about rocking the boat and being considered scummy.

He hasn't done that much, but he did also join in voting Masterchief, a very easy thing to do. And it's a small thing, but he preceded this with "I think I've found my vote" which strikes me badly. I don't know if it's because it still sounds a little uncertain or because it seems to be a promise of unhelpful inflexibility for the rest of the day. Like you can only vote for one person in a day.

This response to me seems off... Surely I can call a three-person bandwagon scummy without implying there are four scum. I have to say I don't much like that he took my question as asking about his feelings about his own scumminess. It
is
clear he understood I was at least in addition asking about the other two.

I asked him why he wouldn't comment on the scumminess of pablito or TCS, and he replied
Because I know from past experience in this game that if you FoS or Vote for someone for someone else's reasons (TCSs, which would be most of what I'd use), then it leads to people thinking I'm more scummy. Obviously, I don't want that.
So he will withhold opinions he actually possesses? Or is he saying he would copy TCS's reasons because they're valid, not because he agrees with them?

I guess we should interpret that molestar thinks pablito is suspicious due reasons TCS gave in his big analysis post. The amount of praise molestar heaped on that post is pretty alarming, by the way. He compliments it or seems to be relying on it in five posts that I counted.

molestargazer called Masterchief the #2 person he "wouldn't mind lynching," unvoted, and then said as an explanation "The lynch won't work." I don't understand what that means or how it's consistent. (I also don't understand what Jack claims to have misread in post 355. It does seem to me that
at best
mole was saying that he unvoted Masterchief because he stood little probability of being lynched.)

For #3 I'll pick
neongrey
. Her posts are empty. When I singled her out for commenting on CD's shoplifting metaphor but nothing else, she replies:
194 wrote:Yeah, I felt like commenting on that, because it seemed entirely tangential. To be perfectly frank, I'm more inclined to look at -you- for how you ran with it so far.
209 wrote:Look, he practically yelled 'look, a distraction!' at you and you not only looked at the distraction, you ambled along after it.

That -is- suspicious to me, on both your parts, him for trying to throw you off track like that, and you for letting him.
Way to cast suspicion around and also not take a side. Not to mention that I never commented on the shoplifting metaphor slash distraction at all.

neongrey
goes next.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Twito »

chaotic_diablo wrote:I'll just get to the main points. I do have some minor ones, but they have either been discussed already or are just stupid.
Top 3
1. Pablito
2. TCS
3. Twito

Pablito
261 wrote:Again, has it not been clear that I've been jumping wagons? And why is this suddenly big news?
Pablito has been jumping wagons for quite a while now, so that fact should only reinforce the case against him, not provide an alibi. The way that Pablito tries to twist basic logic so that he can continue to do something scummy in front of our noses just means he's trying to give himself an advantage over everyone else.
289 wrote:So witches float then? That must mean they're full of hot air. *ba dum*

Therefore, I think I'm justified in voting Masterchief then because surely he would float to the surface.
Translation: my vote is justified because MC is surely scum.
291 wrote:Would it be harmful for me to say that half of the reason I started the wagon is to incite pressure on MC who I believe to be pro-town and the other half of the reason was to see who would join and how others would react?
Translation: OMG! The MC bandwagon is going downhill so I need to hop off it fast!
That is a clear 180 degree turn on his stance.

TCS
260 wrote:Twito began the Ubertimmy bandwagon, and never jumped off of it. I would call this a coptell; however, we began with Day, so there's no way that he could have known from the beginning that Timmy was scum. Still, I would bet a dimebag that he was the one protected from last night's mafia hit.
The first thing we should do is suspect Twito, not praise him and drop all suspicion. The point is that Twito was correct that ubertimmy was scum, so why was he? As TCS pointed out, Twito could not have been a cop since he didn't have a chance to investigate. Considering that there are many possilibities on how Twito was right, there is no reason to put Twito into favorable light.
In addition, TCS slips and says that Twito was the possible "night target." Although there is no certainty in the post, if it's true, then the first thing we should do is suspect TCS.
303 wrote:Ok then.
unvote, vote: Kelly Chen.
At least I'll be consistent now. Pablito has convinced me by his actions since my long post that he isn't mafia, just insanely erratic. Maybe he has a post restriction that says he has to change his vote every five posts or get modkilled? Razz (Joke!)
Poor excuse to vote KC over Pablito. "Pablito isn't scum because he acts scummy, but he isn't."

Twito

Twito had been shooting for ubertimmy's lynch for the entire day one period. I have four scenarios for this.
2. Twito is a lyncher.
3. Twito got lucky.
So you are voting me based on me perfectly nailing yesterdays lynch?
3. I got lucky in the sence of random voting scum.
4. Maybe you haven't discovered it yet but I usually catch scum based on their posting style.

Vote: c_d
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Twito »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:I'm going to stop this ridiculous hopping and OMGUSing and wait for a bit before casting another vote. I'm quite worn out with offering my opinion and having people like StD vote for me with less than half of a reason offered, all because I'm willing to stick my neck out and actually discuss who might be mafia.
Au contrair, I have a good reason for voting for you, I'm just not revealing it at this time.

Mole, can you give me a list of players from most suspicious to least suspicious? I would be very happy if you did so.
Back on the streets a day early.

Are you claiming cop? Because if you are, you're an insane cop.

Otherwise, a bit of reasoning would be nice. Thanks.
FOS: The Central Scrutinizer
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Twito »

c_d first protecting ubertimmy and trying to make alternative wagon based on shitty reasons. It's so obvious c_d and ubertimmy are scum together.

Why isn't he dead yet?
Show

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Twito »

Oh btw didn't bother reading all the new posts since I was able to nail the next scum without doing so.
Show

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Twito »

Masterchief wrote:I'm just waiting for something scummy to happen. So far, I see nothing wrong.
FOS: Masterchief
Show

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Twito »

Jack wrote:
molestargazer wrote: I find it odd that no-one has died, although I've never played any mafia variations before. Any ideas, anyone?
Vote:molestargazer
for role fishing.
FOS: Jack

Also fits in the same scumgroup with ubertimmy and c_d
Show

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Twito »

FOS: Jack

But I prefer lynching c_d the scum first and looking in to this dude later.
Show

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Twito »

Twito wrote:I don't ask you to understand my methods I'm just saying that they work.
Show

Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Hi,
My life is back to normal, so I will start participating again.
Since some people have already posted their top3 I apologize in advance for the multiple posts that are soon to follow while I catch up.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

molestargazer wrote: Next, I'd like to see yours, Dead Rik.
bad choice, mole.
I said I would have limited access. :roll:
I will go back to line and wait for my turn to come again.
I too want to hear from neongray now.
chaotic_diablo wrote: Twito
2. Twito is a lyncher.
3. Twito got lucky.
Don't let me forget to comment this when my turn comes.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Twito wrote: So you are voting me based on me perfectly nailing yesterdays lynch?
3. I got lucky in the sence of random voting scum.
4. Maybe you haven't discovered it yet but I usually catch scum based on their posting style.

Vote: c_d
and you "nailed" ubertimmy luckly while random voting or caught him based on his "posting style"?
Twito wrote: Oh btw didn't bother reading all the new posts since I was able to nail the next scum without doing so.
and you "nailed" c_d luckly while omgus voting or caught him based on his "posting style"?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”