MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:31 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I can usually smell the difference between scum legitimately suspecting me and scum trying to misdirect attention away from their partners. I think kilmenator's suspicion of me is overblown, and the timing and intensity makes me suspect he is protecting Ozy.

I don't have a problem with gerain or Patrick at all.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

That's geraint, sorry. And I am also wary of Adele, who I believe has maintained a single focus thus far in this game.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Patrick »

MBL wrote:I can usually smell the difference between
scum
legitimately suspecting me and scum trying to misdirect attention away from their partners.
lol
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:54 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

First of all, what is voting on Rosso helping? It is obvious he is NOT lurking, but rather hasn't been at the site judging by him being replaced in all his other games and his mini being abandoned. Voting him is not helpful, especially when we're under a deadline.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Sigh, Rosso and friday-13th still haven't picked up prods. I will start seeking replacements now.
The end justifies the means.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:39 am

Post by kilmenator »

more to come a little later, need to do some thinking and my husband is asking about supper...
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Adele »

MrBuddyLee wrote:And I am also wary of Adele, who I believe has maintained a single focus thus far in this game.
Well, of course, that's a less dramatic statement than it would be for most; I've only been in the game for a couple weeks. At first, I wasn't liking what Ozy said and I wanted him to defend himself; now I'm apprehensive that unless he comes out in force it'll come down to Ozy or no-lynch, and I take major issue with no-lynch, so I want him to present the strongest defence that he can, including claim, as soon as humanly possible so everyone has a chance to respond
and
we have time to hunt out someone bettet
and
have enough time to build a bandwagon to the point that we don't end the day, not with a bang, but a whimper.

...run-on sentences ftw? Sorry
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Patrick wrote:
kilmenator wrote:i also dont like that patrick doesnt find it a big deal to put a vote on him and uses the logic that if ozy had a power role he would have told us already.
Actually I said the opposite:
Patrick wrote:Not really. If he has a powerole, he would try and keep it hidden if at all possible, not reveal it the minute he has a few votes. As with a newbie game, a claim should be the last line of defence so to speak.
sorry there Patrick, this is the quote I meant to be responding to
geraintm wrote: why the push towards a claim now though, ozy has been on 4 votes, enough to get him lynched if we go to a deadline, for ages. If Ozy had felt under threat wouldn't he have mentioned a role earlier?
ok, so here are my thoughts, I also think Ozy needs to claim so that we can decide about a lynch. Ozy hasnt had the best defense and right now appears to be scummiest (although MBL IMO is pretty scummy too). If I had to chose right now, I would lynch Ozy, but I dont feel comfortable not knowing his role and possibly lynch an important power role. A no lynch to me isnt really a bid deal but I would much rather scum hunt than I would no lynch anyday.

And to MBL- I didnt mention Ozy, because everyone else already had and I had nothing new to add to the conversation. What I dont like about you is your basically one line posts where you give no logic to at all, just opinion with nothing to back it up. You have basically been lurking since you replaced with three posts with not much there. If you think I am misdirecting attention away from Ozy, what is it that you find scummy about him being that you really havent posted and why then were you voting me when you found him scummy? The timing of me saying something comes from the Mod saying you picked up your prod yet failed to post and then when I say something about you lurking you post. Interesting correlation. What do you think Adele single focus has been and why do you think she has had that focus. You give ambiguous statements and then do not back them up.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:First of all, what is voting on Rosso helping? It is obvious he is NOT lurking, but rather hasn't been at the site judging by him being replaced in all his other games and his mini being abandoned. Voting him is not helpful, especially when we're under a deadline.
who is voting on rosso? i thought i was the only one who was, and that has been moved now
Adele wrote:Well, of course, that's a less dramatic statement than it would be for most; I've only been in the game for a couple weeks. At first, I wasn't liking what Ozy said and I wanted him to defend himself; now I'm apprehensive that unless he comes out in force it'll come down to Ozy or no-lynch, and I take major issue with no-lynch, so I want him to present the strongest defence that he can, including claim, as soon as humanly possible so everyone has a chance to respond
and
we have time to hunt out someone bettet
and
have enough time to build a bandwagon to the point that we don't end the day, not with a bang, but a whimper.

...run-on sentences ftw? Sorry
If i were really clever, i would start analysing letters after each comma and seeing if it spells out something :-)

am of the opinion that ozy needn't claim, and especially now we are waiting for 2 replacements. need them to chip in before anything drastic happens.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:30 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

kilmenator wrote:What do you think Adele single focus has been and why do you think she has had that focus.
Pretty sure you're not reading the game carefully. Scum is much more likely to read carelessly.

Scum is also not likely to write that sentence you wrote to attract attention to a relationship between them and their partner. So I'm going to operate for now on the belief that Ozy and kil are scum and Adele is not.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:35 am

Post by kilmenator »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Scum is much more likely to read carelessly.

Scum is also not likely to write that sentence you wrote to attract attention to a relationship between them and their partner. So I'm going to operate for now on the belief that Ozy and kil are scum and Adele is not.
MBL you are completely avoiding giving any logically reasonings for any of your opinions. If your logic holds true about the relationship with Adele and I, then why doesnt it hold true with Ozy and I? Hmm??? And I have been reading the game more carefully, everyone is entitled to mistakes. Do you think someone carelessly reading the game is a scum tell? Because if it is, then maybe you should give more opinion about what is going on rather than making off hand statements like you are.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the 10th Vote Count of DOOM: :twisted:

4 - Ozymandius (Turbovolver, Patrick, Adele, ShadowLurker)
2 - kilmenator (Rosso Carne, MrBuddyLee)

1 - Patrick (geraintm)
1 - MrBuddyLee (kilmenator)
1 - ShadowLurker (Ozymandius)

Not voting: friday-13th

Remember with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch before the deadline and 4 to lynch at the deadline!
The end justifies the means.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
kilmenator wrote:What do you think Adele single focus has been and why do you think she has had that focus.
Pretty sure you're not reading the game carefully. Scum is much more likely to read carelessly.
I really don't buy the "not reading properly = scum" routine. There is nothing to suggest that townies wouldn't be lazy, nothing to suggest townies have better reading comprehension than scum, etc etc. The argument about scum only reading what concerns them isn't particularly true either, because there are definitely 'naturally defensive' townies.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Scum is also not likely to write that sentence you wrote to attract attention to a relationship between them and their partner. So I'm going to operate for now on the belief that Ozy and kil are scum and Adele is not.
I don't get it.

And you're "operating on the belief"? This sounds ridiculously sure of alignments, it doesn't have the 'townie doubt'. And unlike when people say stuff like "pretty sure X is scum", you don't seem to be saying it to provoke a reaction or be dramatic.
Townies don't "operate on beliefs", they keep their mind open and remain eternally curious until the scum are dead.

Still waiting for Ozymandius but I would also support votes for MBL at this point.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

Hmmm... Adele and Kil want me to claim, and gerantim does not.
Patrick also said that a claim should be as a last line of defense. Damn. I gotta go again. I'll be back though in probably a little over an hour to complete my thoughts, sorry.
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

Alright, here we go. I'm still sketchy about claiming. With my current votes, I am not at lynch -1, but if nothing changes, I'll be lynched by the deadline. I will claim soon if nothing changes. If I get at 5 votes, or others ask me to claim, I will do so sooner.

I don't think geraint is particularly scummy at this point. I don't happen to like the lurking/dissapearing that this game has been plauged with. Personally I'd like to hear from others, but it looks like there may not be anyone else to speak at this point. Gee...

I don't know what to think about Patrick at this point. I'm trying to get a read on him...

Arg... I'm so stupid. I just almost tried to translate Patrick's avatar from Greek... *smacks head* Sorry, that's unrelated.

Somehow I'm back.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:57 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

I have stated my opinion that you should claim already.

The longer you delay about claiming, the less time we have to make a decision (we only have a little over 3 days left)
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

So Ozymandius, you didn't want to explain that weird post you made before you came back?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Ozymandius wrote:Arg... I'm so stupid. I just almost tried to translate Patrick's avatar from Greek... *smacks head* Sorry, that's unrelated.
This seems really fake, like it was included just to inspire sympathy.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Patrick »

It says Mafia Scum in the symbol font. Add me to the list of ppl who want a claim.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

kil wrote:MBL you are completely avoiding giving any logically reasonings for any of your opinions. If your logic holds true about the relationship with Adele and I, then why doesnt it hold true with Ozy and I?
Here's the most interesting post of the game to date. I never commented on a relationship between you and Adele, kil. Why would you have that relationship in mind if I didn't mention it?

Checking your posts, you've avoided mentioning Adele/falc and your only comment about them is a weird scummish fence-sit.

I'm now willing to believe you've either made a freudian slip and are partners with Adele or are scum drawing a favorable connection. Much more likely the former.
Turbovolver wrote:I really don't buy the "not reading properly = scum" routine. There is nothing to suggest that townies wouldn't be lazy, nothing to suggest townies have better reading comprehension than scum, etc etc. The argument about scum only reading what concerns them isn't particularly true either, because there are definitely 'naturally defensive' townies.

Townies don't "operate on beliefs", they keep their mind open and remain eternally curious until the scum are dead.
This is horsecrap. Scum know who scum are and have to fake the effort to make it look like they're curious. It's not easy to do and I think most lazy scum simply skip it. Town is curious but may be lazy about it. There's a difference, and it's sometimes REALLY easy to spot.

And I'll stick with my scumhunting techniques that work for me, tyvm. I'll treat scum like scum and town like town until and unless my hunches change.
Still waiting for Ozymandius but I would also support votes for MBL at this point.
I suppose if I'm busing Ozy, I should vote for him.
vote: Ozy

And Turbo, why the kilmenator protection? You truly saw no merit in my observations and decided a counterattack was appropriate? Your post history regarding kilmenator looks like a vicious attempt to flog him with kid gloves.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:08 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

MrBuddyLee wrote:This is horsecrap. Scum know who scum are and have to fake the effort to make it look like they're curious. It's not easy to do and I think most lazy scum simply skip it. Town is curious but may be lazy about it. There's a difference, and it's sometimes REALLY easy to spot.

And I'll stick with my scumhunting techniques that work for me, tyvm. I'll treat scum like scum and town like town until and unless my hunches change.
Of course the key to townieness is curiousity, but in my experience you cant simply work out who is curious by who is up to date with the thread.

And sure, I wouldn't expect everybody to conform to the same principles of scumhunting. But when someone comes to the opposite conclusions you do, it looks suspicious.
MrBuddyLee wrote:And Turbo, why the kilmenator protection? You truly saw no merit in my observations and decided a counterattack was appropriate? Your post history regarding kilmenator looks like a vicious attempt to flog him with kid gloves.
I saw no merit in your observations, so I attacked them. It's got nothing to do with protecting kilmenator.
kilmenator was initially quite scummy in my eyes, but then it turned out she was confusing games and a lot of my suspicion of her died then and there. I haven't really agreed with a lot of her logic but I don't think she is very scummy at the moment.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

Patrick, I realized what your Avatar was, and I find it clever.
Turbovolver wrote:
Ozymandius wrote:Arg... I'm so stupid. I just almost tried to translate Patrick's avatar from Greek... *smacks head* Sorry, that's unrelated.

The thing was unrelated to everything. I don't see how it would inspire sympathy. I don't need your sympathy anyway because I am Unlynchable.
claim: Unlynchable Townie

Basically, I cannot be lynched, but I had hoped I would not have had to claim this on day one. But I am at lynch -1 and am automatically "lynched" at the deadline. If this so happens, I will not be killed and night will ensue.

Somehow I'm back.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:15 pm

Post by Adele »

Classic improbable role. Scummy to claim, but then sometimes people actually get that role. Dammit.

...My vote stays. I'm not gonna unvote on that basis. Not today.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:58 am

Post by geraintm »

vote ozy

#mafia>#cops
cop has better odds of finding mafia than they do of getting him.
so lynch ozy and give the policeman time to do his thing.
And will test ozys claim...

Or is that logic awful?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:22 am

Post by Patrick »

Unlynchable townie is a rare role. I can't particularly see scum claiming it, because it is usually going to be tested at some point. I highly doubt Ozy would claim it in this situation if he wasn't unlynchable. He could be unlynchable scum I suppose, but that's bastardmoddery and unlikely.

It is probably still worth testing. If Ozy survives, I would call him pretty much confirmed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”