Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:41 pm

Post by Jack »

Maz Medias wrote:Needs more Jack dying for trying to lynch a claimed cop.
Hooey. I've seen plenty of false cop claims. I thought his role description sounded fabricated so I voted him. I see the reason behind letting him live and I've looked into more role descriptions from other games which have made his more believable, but he is in no way proved innocent, there's a lot of people I think are less likely to be scum.
IH wrote:If I said anything about Jack and this, it would only be because he had supported HackerHuck's idea.
For whoever it was that asked what the point behind the IH wagon was, this is it. I can't believe this kind of misrepresentation is unintentional. I never supported his idea in the slightest, I said I didn't see the point in pooky's thing because we could just vote for people and that Hacker's idea wasn't significantly different from pooky's and that neither were scummy because peoples suspicions are already out there.

If you wish, I will go through the thread, and try to present more of a case on him, other than "lynching a claimed and uncontested cop",
Please do.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:35 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Wow, I didn't realise the discussion my comment would bring out. While it's very interesting to see how everyone interpretreted it, I'll shed some light on what I really meant.

Yes, I didn't really understand what Pooky was trying to do and I have never played with him before. I also can't be bothered to look at any of his previous games, so I was just looking at his post as an unbiased observer. To me, he was saying: "This is going to take us forever to find scum if we just keep at it the way we have been. I'm going to help get the ball rolling and set up a questionnaire that will get everyone to tell us who their top suspect is."

I was surprised at the overall enthusiasm in joining Pooky's club. Like Maz, I didn't see the point in the first six questions, but the last one was obviously important. I also agreed with Jack that asking question seven was rather pointless since our votes should be answer enough.

My main point was that if Pooky really wanted to get the ball rolling, it makes sense to ask for a top two or three, since our votes already answered number seven and repeating them won't do anything to further discussion.

I'm still not following IH's logic for why asking for two or three versus the one suspect is scummier. To me, putting out more names will draw additional scrutiny versus allowing someone to simply follow the crowd with the leading wagon.

As to MoS' concerns. If my comments were scummy, I don't see why Pooky's wouldn't be scummy as well.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:39 pm

Post by Zindaras »

HackerHuck wrote:I was surprised at the overall enthusiasm in joining Pooky's club. Like Maz, I didn't see the point in the first six questions, but the last one was obviously important. I also agreed with Jack that asking question seven was rather pointless since our votes should be answer enough.
Always the whole pointless debate with things like these. I'm here to have fun, and I found Pooky's suggestion amusing. That was all.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Arafax »

Happy New Year all.

I'm still happy with my vote on Twito.

Jack does give scum vibes for voting someone who claims cop....And yes Jack, I know why you say you did it...I find it scummy anyway.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Jack, there's no reason to lynch a claimed cop Day One, EVER. As I said, immediacy is not neccessary, and with him claiming Day One, he'll be revealed as a liar in time.

As to "more of a case"... This is all I need. It's a huge offense in my eyes, and seems like you were trying to stretch the momentum against him into a lynch despite a claim that should never be lynched on Day One. It also makes me much more likely to believe him, now, since I now believe you are overanxious scum.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Jack »

Maz Medias wrote:Jack, there's no reason to lynch a claimed cop Day One, EVER. As I said, immediacy is not neccessary, and with him claiming Day One, he'll be revealed as a liar in time.
I don't see why you wouldn't lynch him if you're almost positive he's scum.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:37 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Because he's not the only scum in the game. By finding some
other
scum to lynch you give yourself the opportunity to learn you were wrong about the claim being a fraud before it's too late. And you lose nothing by it because you're still lynching scum.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:04 am

Post by IH »

Like Maz said, we'll know one way or another soon enough. Why lynch a claimed power role, if we can lynch him later and discover he's lying?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Maz Medias »

IH wrote:Like Maz said, we'll know one way or another soon enough. Why lynch a claimed power role, if we can lynch him later and discover he's lying?
Reverse that. Discover he's lying, THEN lynch him.

My point is this:

Canuckle is telling the truth:
1) Scum are dissuading from killing him, hoping for a mislynch.
2) He's a fucking cop.

Canuckle is lying:
1) He can either:
a) claim repeated innocents/dead results, after enough of which we lynch him;
or b) out a partner to increase his own chances for survival.
2) The real cop has time to work undercover.

How are any of these bad?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:13 am

Post by IH »

Alright, this is Jack's third post I believe, and the other two were in the random stage I believe.

Post 87, Jack is confused about LL and his mason offer to someone "So those guys are masons?" not a scummy point, but worth notice.

Post 103, notifies of rereading, makes a statement about LL's playstyle.

Post 198, Jack votes for LL saying "We might as well lynch someone that's posting alot, then we can know if they're lying or not." What a great way to join a wagon!

lawl. lawl indeed. -_-;

Post 201, TSS asks "wtf" Jack responds "What?"

Post 209, Jack responds to STD's "If I were vig, Jack wouldn't be alive tomorrow" with "What? If we have to lynch someone, lynch someone who we'd learn the most of there posts and status!"

Post 224, Response to C-heads "Lynch jack, if he turns up town we have a reason to lynch LL", and then continues to be confused by STD's desire to vig him if he was a vig, and complains that we've been in day one a month.

ooooooo a moooonnnnttthhh.

Post 237, he says "I should have read the posts more" clearly you should have. Not only that, his one excuse for wanting a lynch, the length of day one, was shot down by saying... well... we hadn't even reached a month, especially with crashes. He responds with "details Details"

ODD BREAK FROM THE JACK

In post 247 it looks like C-head is ready to claim. Another point in his favor of his claim imo. His claim would change something, and he knew it.

END ODD BREAK FROM THE JACK

Post 274, he says he's wary of being defensive as scum.

Post 297, a vote on Nightson for having finals and not being able to post I'd assume. = /

Post 339 was an unnecessary picture? <.< Curious as to why MoS agreed with LL that Jack or Bogre must be scum.

Post 355, clarifying our wonderful mods intentions

Post 377, Good reasoning. woo!

Same for 379

Nothin much in 389 IMO

Post 402 is an obvious statement.

Post 410, ehhh

Post 428 was either a very bad joke, or something more sinister.

Post 464, Jack would rather go ahead and vote people.

Post 468, I was either Misinterpreted or Misrepresented. Either was possible.

Post 483 is in fact correct. I thought you had agreed with HH. Forgive me. Another note, how are we to know that anyways?

Post 494, confusion from him.

Post 534, Trying to get the claimed cop lynched

Post 542.

1)He was at lynch -1 or 2. That was the time
2)He's carrying things back and forth. Why not? Besides, why are you trying to outguess the mod?
3) You really didn't give him much choice = /
4)The omgus has been explained
5)errr, it was true?
6)......Because I didn't need to be on it. If I wanted to get off, I would get off. I don't want to lynch our claimed cop.

Post 553, either misunderstanding or.... something

Post 558, clarity. Answered above from 542

Post 566, Counterclaim point is valid. Something going uncontested? That doesn't mean you have to keep pushing for his lynch.

Post 577, alright, why are you voting me. = D Should I feel the omgus?

Post 605, We're not positive he's scum! Thats the point! We'll know for sure if we wait! Stop being stupid!

confirm vote:jack

Ether is the only one to provide ample reasoning of the wagon on me. = P I'd like an explanation from Jack and Zindaras, OTHER than "I agree with Ether LAWL"
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Jack »

Maz Medias wrote:
IH wrote:Like Maz said, we'll know one way or another soon enough. Why lynch a claimed power role, if we can lynch him later and discover he's lying?
Reverse that. Discover he's lying, THEN lynch him.

My point is this:

Canuckle is telling the truth:
1) Scum are dissuading from killing him, hoping for a mislynch.
2) He's a fucking cop.

Canuckle is lying:
1) He can either:
a) claim repeated innocents/dead results, after enough of which we lynch him;
or b) out a partner to increase his own chances for survival.
2) The real cop has time to work undercover.

How are any of these bad?
I've never heard this strategy before. It makes good sense mind you. I've always gone for l"ynch whoever is scummiest". Most of the games I've played in have 24 hour deadlines, and if there's a chance a claimed cop is mafia then it's mathematically advantageous to lynch him and risk missing out on his investigations. That's where I was coming from with my vote for C-head, your strategy is apparently the standard here and I do agree with it now...that's why I'm not voting for him anymore.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Twito »

Looks to me that Jack is scum based on IH's post which is only one I read since it was the last one at the time.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Jack »

IH wrote: Post 87, Jack is confused about LL and his mason offer to someone "So those guys are masons?" not a scummy point, but worth notice.
Why is that worth notice?
*lynching LL just to learn*
We went over this I think. The game was dead boring with a bunch of long meaningless posts. I didn't think we were learning anything and thought we could learn something from lynching him. The round had been going on for a long time. The game became more interesting once people started to vote for me.
Post 428 was either a very bad joke, or something more sinister.
:roll: Something more sinister? Are you serious? What exactly could be sinister about that. Pray tell.
Post 464, Jack would rather go ahead and vote people.
It's the same as pooky's list.
Post 468, I was either Misinterpreted or Misrepresented. Either was possible.
This is where you were making a big deal about how scummy HackerHuck was for his suggestion and I said you were scum trying to muddy the waters.
Post 483 is in fact correct. I thought you had agreed with HH. Forgive me. Another note, how are we to know that anyways?
Forgiven but not forgotten :)
Post 494, confusion from him.
I wasn't confused, you often make posts that have no point, see what I said earlier about muddying the waters.
Post 534, Trying to get the claimed cop lynched

Post 542.
See above post.
Post 553, either misunderstanding or.... something
Or what? Say it.
Post 566, Counterclaim point is valid. Something going uncontested? That doesn't mean you have to keep pushing for his lynch.
Neither should you drop it entirely.
Post 577, alright, why are you voting me. = D Should I feel the omgus?
Explained a long time ago.
Post 605, We're not positive he's scum! Thats the point! We'll know for sure if we wait! Stop being stupid!
I was quite sure at the time. See above post.
confirm vote:jack
I don't suppose you'd mind summing up why you think I'm scum in a sentence or two? You don't actually say anywhere in your post.
Ether is the only one to provide ample reasoning of the wagon on me. = P I'd like an explanation from Jack and Zindaras, OTHER than "I agree with Ether LAWL"

Already given but I don't mind summing up. As scum you have to avoid being found out. You can and seem completely innocent but this is hard. You can lurk but this can bring negative attention. You can also try and confuse the town by going after a lot of people and keeping attention away from yourself. You consistently, and I believe deliberately, misread peoples posts to mean something suspicious. You say things like "this was a joke...or something more sinister" without any more explication. All the while you appear to be looking for scum like a good townie.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Jack »

I still don't get the Twito wagon. He's been lazily and jokingly going going along with LL but it's not particularly different then he acts in the other games I'm in him with.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Mariyta »

He hasn't been "jokingly going along." He's admitted to flat-out following whatever LL says, regardless of its merit.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by IH »

When I say that, I don't mean "I said the first one just to play around, and the second one is what I mean LAWL" I mean "Either this is a bad joke, or it's something scummy"

Twito had just said something about "Don't vote me for rolefishing"

You voted him.

I couldn't tell if it's a joke, or if it's something scummy.

From post 464, I didn't say it was anything bad, it's just a pbp.

When I say something, I also mean it's something, but I'm not sure what to describe it as.

I just found it worthy to note.

Finally, why do I think you're scum?

I've already explained about the C-head position, but you've also tried to just get a general lynch, and until the c-head issue appeared, you weren't going after anyone who was the scummiest, but who would "Give us the most information on death" or our prolific posters.

Sorry, but that and the general feeling I get from the rest of your posts make me the most suspcious of you.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Jack »

IH wrote:When I say that, I don't mean "I said the first one just to play around, and the second one is what I mean LAWL" I mean "Either this is a bad joke, or it's something scummy"

Twito had just said something about "Don't vote me for rolefishing"

You voted him.

I couldn't tell if it's a joke, or if it's something scummy.
How could that possibly be scummy?

Finally, why do I think you're scum?

I've already explained about the C-head position, but you've also tried to just get a general lynch, and until the c-head issue appeared, you weren't going after anyone who was the scummiest, but who would "Give us the most information on death" or our prolific posters.
This is blatantly false. I've been saying I thought you were scummy for ages, and not because you post a lot. Get your facts straight :roll:

@Mariyta: I don't think he's serious. How could he be? You're still just saying it's scummy and not why it's scummy.
Canucklehead17
Canucklehead17
Goon
Canucklehead17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by Canucklehead17 »

Jack wrote:I still don't get the Twito wagon. He's been lazily and jokingly going going along with LL but it's not particularly different then he acts in the other games I'm in him with.
Just as simple as this my friend:
Twito, post 129 wrote:I just read everything since page 2.. All I got is a headache.

LL has to die.

unvote
Vote: LL
Twito, post 271 wrote:Why didn't I decide to follow STD instead of this wacky LL?
Well the choise has been made and LL shall be my leader for this game.

Anyways I agree with those points but where my vote is is up to LL.
I simply want to know why Twito had such a turnaround. He hasn't yet answered that, and it's been brought up more than once, so my vote remains with Twito.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:46 am

Post by Maz Medias »

There's some serious breadcrumbing going on, I think.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Mariyta »

Jack wrote:@Mariyta: I don't think he's serious. How could he be? You're still just saying it's scummy and not why it's scummy.
Because his blatant refusal to post his own thoughts takes all the blame off him and puts it squarely on LL's shoulders. If he lynchs a townie due to his blindness, he doesn't have to take any responsibility.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:09 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Mariyta wrote:
Jack wrote:@Mariyta: I don't think he's serious. How could he be? You're still just saying it's scummy and not why it's scummy.
Because his blatant refusal to post his own thoughts takes all the blame off him and puts it squarely on LL's shoulders. If he lynchs a townie due to his blindness, he doesn't have to take any responsibility.
That's true, but if Twito's scum and LL isn't, he may end up offing one of his scum pals or his separation from LL will be obvious. I agree that he's not being very helpful to the town, but I think we're better off nabbing someone that really looks scummy.

I haven't seen a reasonable explanation from CES regarding his vote on Canucklehead. I know he hasn't had a chance to pull his vote based on Canuckle's claim, but I'm more concerned with why he placed that vote.

Unvote
Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Deadline incoming. Be prepared.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Mariyta »

We have 2 days. I'm sticking with my Twito vote.
-Susan Ertz

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Zindaras »

Confirm Vote: IH

Nothing has made me change my mind about him.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:51 am

Post by IH »

I'm still not getting the wagon on Bogre, he just hasn't made any posts for us to tell. He should be on the neutral list according to LL, as he hasn't gotten a read, but he's siding with him being scum.

Why not Jack, if he's the other person on your suspicions LL? You don't feel like voting for him? You should be able to get a better read on him since he's posted. I find it curious that you are focusing on Bogre instead of Jack...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”