Mini 387: Suicide Bombers, GAME OVER (at last)!

neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:42 am

Post by neongrey »

Yeah, I have been really useless, I'll be the first here to agree with that. :P I've been mad busy, and truth be told, kind of spacing out over this game.

And yeah, with masterchief, I'm not sure of where the line between 'scummy' and him just being kinda... well, himself. I myself wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about a pair of votes, but it'd be worth -some- sort of attention at least.

I really don't know what to think about that TCS vote; I don't particularly have a problem with anything he's done (which means jack, it seems especially lately it all goes whoosh over my head), but it did set off all this, which is undeniably good.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

TCS wrote:Twito began the Ubertimmy bandwagon, and never jumped off of it. I would call this a coptell; however, we began with Day, so there's no way that he could have known from the beginning that Timmy was scum. Still, I would bet a dimebag that he was the one protected from last night's mafia hit.
I thought the ubertimmy bandwagon was just metagaming silliness from Twito.
Pablito wrote:Again, has it not been clear that I've been jumping wagons?
So that makes it okay to do so?
MC wrote:I'm just waiting for something scummy to happen. So far, I see nothing wrong.
In other words, you're scum trying to jump on an opportunistic bandwagon?
Pablito wrote:Also I'll bother to defend KC.
Why?
DR wrote:If this was the rule all scum would need to do would be saying nonsense (like the KC vs c_d discussion) and they would survive o endgame.
What makes the discussion 'nonsense' to you?
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Masterchief »

I don't believe this. I haven't doen anything to get suspision on me, yet you all still think I'm scummy by not contributing anything
YET
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Jack »

Well pablito says he just wants you to comment. It's mole who says you are scummy, which is itself scummy to me.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Jack wrote:Well pablito says he just wants you to comment. It's mole who says you are scummy, which is itself scummy to me.
Why is this scummy?

I have decided that I don't want to lynch inactives or lurkers. I cannot pick out who is scummy myself - even after TCS's excellent post. I decide to vote for the person who helps out least - at least then, if the lynch does go through and Masterchief is town, it won't be as big a loss as if we lynched a very active and thoughtful townie.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by pablito »

Well Masterchief surely isn't gaining pro-towniness posts. But he clearly fails to see that scum don't need to actively do anything to be scummy. Sometimes good scum get away by actively not doing anything at the most opportune times. And right now, MC, you sure are looking scummy by the way you keep avoiding the pertinent points around you and regarding you.
Masterchief wrote:I don't believe this. I haven't doen anything to get suspision on me, yet you all still think I'm scummy by not contributing anything YET.
Yes you have done something to get suspicion on you - and that is "saying essentially nothing in all posts". You fail to see that what's scummy is the act of "actually not contributing anything yet".
Sup, later.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'm on board. Masterchief, you're going to have to say
something
. Maybe you will with three votes.

vote: Masterchief
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:00 pm

Post by Jack »

molestargazer wrote:
Jack wrote:Well pablito says he just wants you to comment. It's mole who says you are scummy, which is itself scummy to me.
Why is this scummy?

I have decided that I don't want to lynch inactives or lurkers. I cannot pick out who is scummy myself - even after TCS's excellent post. I decide to vote for the person who helps out least - at least then, if the lynch does go through and Masterchief is town, it won't be as big a loss as if we lynched a very active and thoughtful townie.
Because it's not really useful to lynch someone who "wouldn't be a great loss" we have to try and lynch scum.

This whole thing looks like a witch hunt.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 pm

Jack wrote:
molestargazer wrote:
Why is this scummy?

Because it's not really useful to lynch someone who "wouldn't be a great loss" we have to try and lynch scum.

Fos: Jack

What do you think we are, stupid? Mafia
is
a "witch hunt." That's the point of the bloody game.
possibly
comment."
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:29 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Bad logic on TCS's part.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Post by Jack »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Jack wrote:
molestargazer wrote:
Why is this scummy?

is
No it isn't, look up witch hunt. We don't say "Burn the Witch!!!!!!" and then rush someone off to gallows after they don't float or some nonsense. Which is the equivalent of what's happening to masterchief. I don't think it's productive.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:16 pm

chaotic_diablo wrote:Bad logic on TCS's part.
In what way? My point was that it is unproductive to claim that we shouldn't bandwagon someone at all, which is essentially what Jack is doing. Masterchief is not even close to a lynch at the moment, and Jack is crying foul.

On second thought, this is not suspicious at all, so I'd
un-Fos: Jack
. I think it unlikely that a mafia would be dumb enough to defend his buddy in this manner.

But my point is this: "witch-hunting" is the game of Mafia. We bandwagon people, we get information, we look for tells, and we try to lynch scum. Decrying a bandwagon on the grounds that we're on a "witch hunt" is not pro-town behavior. Every game of mafia involves multiple bandwagons just like this, and to act like it's some sort of phenomenon is positively beyond the pale.
possibly
comment."
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

VOTE COUNT - 6 to lynch

3 Masterchief (pablito, molestargazer, The Central Scrutinizer)
1 pablito (Jack)
1 The Central Scrutinizer (Kelly Chen)
Not Voting: Save The Dragons, Twito, Masterchief, Dead Rikimaru, neongrey, chaotic_diablo
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Comparing mafia with a witch hunt is bad logic. "Witch hunting" is a synonym to "lynching mob." There is no looking for information in a witch hunt. You get accused, you undergo a trial, then you die if you survived the trial. The *trial* are a series of tests that only witches can survive through.
Ex. Witches can float, right? What happens if you don't? Well, you sink and drown.

I do see your point though. I can't say I agree with it, but I do see it.

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Post by pablito »

So witches float then? That must mean they're full of hot air. *ba dum*

Therefore, I think I'm justified in voting Masterchief then because surely he would float to the surface.
Sup, later.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:06 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

The Masterchief wagon looks scummy. That is, the specific people voting him.

Do the individual members of the wagon agree with that?

@mole, TCS, pablito
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:10 am

Post by pablito »

Would it be harmful for me to say that half of the reason I started the wagon is to incite pressure on MC who I believe to be pro-town and the other half of the reason was to see who would join and how others would react?
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:12 am

Post by pablito »

unvote
of course.
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:53 am

Post by Jack »

pablito wrote:Would it be harmful for me to say that half of the reason I started the wagon is to incite pressure on MC who I believe to be pro-town and the other half of the reason was to see who would join and how others would react?
Granted this is something townies do, but it's also an easy way for scum to distract the town. You were being accused prior to starting the masterchief wagon I believe, and the fact that mole is going along with it makes me think it's a scum diversion tactic.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:20 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:The Masterchief wagon looks scummy. That is, the specific people voting him.

@mole, TCS, pablito
I will agree that I do look very scummy in the eyes of others, taking this from what other people have said, and from TCS's list earlier. I won't comment on the others, but I do understand.

I have explained my reasons, and did my best not to try and use someone else's excuse to vote as I have done before.

However, I doubt there's gonna be 4 scum members.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:21 am

Post by molestargazer »

Whoops, I forgot to add this.

My vote still stands. If I see something, I'll look upon it individually and make my decision. I'm going to try not to bandwagon again.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:42 am

Kelly Chen wrote:The Masterchief wagon looks scummy. That is, the specific people voting him.

@mole, TCS, pablito
Does Kelly Chen repeatedly accusing people of being scummy without actually saying anything look scummy to anyone not Kelly Chen?
possibly
comment."
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

It's time for the >< report with your host, STD!
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Still, I would bet a dimebag that [Twito] was the one protected from last night's mafia hit.
><
The Central Scrutinizer wrote: At this point in time I think pablito is our best bet. He's been acting like the scummiest scum all game. He'll accuse one person and then four posts later vote for someone else. He's acting so scummy at this point that I wonder if he's a Jester. But anyway, I'm going to wait for more discussion before settling on a vote.
><
Masterchief wrote: I'm just waiting for something scummy to happen. So far, I see nothing wrong.
><
molestargazer wrote:TCS, that was an excellent post. I also liked the way you put yourself in and saw yourself from other points of view - you weren't trying to avoid suspicion.
><
Masterchief wrote:Your voting me because I see nothing worth mentioning so far. Great voting plan.
><
chaotic_diablo wrote:
Pablito wrote:Again, has it not been clear that I've been jumping wagons?
So that makes it okay to do so?
><
Masterchief wrote:I don't believe this. I haven't doen anything to get suspision on me, yet you all still think I'm scummy by not contributing anything
YET
><
Jack wrote:Because it's not really useful to lynch someone who "wouldn't be a great loss" we have to try and lynch scum.

><

is
><
The Central Scrutinizer wrote: Does Kelly Chen repeatedly accusing people of being scummy without actually saying anything look scummy to anyone not Kelly Chen?
><

C_D's attack based on shoddy information is ok if he thought the information lead to scum but not really if it was just conversation driven. Kelly Chen arguing with C_D because of this doesn't tell us much because it's like taking your pants off in public. Someone's going to say something, because something's up. I don't think either are scummy for it, but I don't see it as particularly helpful.

Mole, why did you FOS Pablito for voting Masterchief, which is what you did right after FOSing Pablito?

Vote: The Central Scrutinizer

maybe you'll see why in a bit.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:13 pm

Post by Masterchief »

pablito wrote:Well Masterchief surely isn't gaining pro-towniness posts. But he clearly fails to see that scum don't need to actively do anything to be scummy. Sometimes good scum get away by actively not doing anything at the most opportune times. And right now, MC, you sure are looking scummy by the way you keep avoiding the pertinent points around you and regarding you.
Masterchief wrote:I don't believe this. I haven't doen anything to get suspision on me, yet you all still think I'm scummy by not contributing anything YET.
Yes you have done something to get suspicion on you - and that is "saying essentially nothing in all posts". You fail to see that what's scummy is the act of "actually not contributing anything yet".
I think your missing the point. Mafia
DO
contribute so that the "if he doesn't post good, he's mafia" thing can be avoided. Think about it.
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:46 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

@mole, TCS, pablito
Does Kelly Chen repeatedly accusing people of being scummy without actually saying anything look scummy to anyone not Kelly Chen?
You know what looks scummy, is suggesting that other people look scummy (e.g. myself and pablito ("our best bet")) without voting, but going ahead and adding your vote to a bandwagon that already has steam.

@mole: Why do you decline to comment on the scumminess of the other people on the Masterchief wagon?

Masterchief wrote:I think your missing the point. Mafia DO contribute so that the "if he doesn't post good, he's mafia" thing can be avoided. Think about it.
That just means mafia have some incentive to contribute. It doesn't mean town players have some incentive to not contribute.

Players who contribute could be either scum or town.
Players who don't contribute are either scum or bad town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”