The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 am

Post by Klazam »

upgrading is never a bad thing
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

There's solar power and electric engines too. They're a big investment if you don't already have a mass fab running, but you never have to worry about them once you've made them. Just throw them down and boom, free power.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Biomass production coming together:

OK, what I've got:

1) On right side, chest for dirt and wheat to go in
2) Xycraft Fabricator pulls directly from chest set to make compost from dirt and wheat
3) Lever to turn on redstone engine to send compost to fermenter through transport pipes (can not leave on all the time because when fermenter fills compost is dumped to ground)
4) On left side, chest for saplings
5) Lever to turn on redstone engine to send saplings (or other fuel, whatever is in the chest) to fermenter through transport pipes (can not leave on all the time because when fermenter fills saplings are dumped to ground)
6) In the back, xycraft water tank, constant on redstone engine sending water to fermenter through waterproof pipes (redstone engine will run forever without exploding as long as it is working on something like a pipe whether the pipe is even connected to anything or not)
7) In the back, lever to turn on engine that powers fermenter
8) In the front, constant on redstone engine pulling freshly created biomass out of fermenter and sending it to a second xycraft tank (not shown) through waterproof pipes (redstone engine will run forever without exploding as long as it is working on something like a pipe whether the pipe is even connected to anything or not)

To be completed:
1) pump to pull water from infinite water source to constantly refill water tank
2) Choose engine to power fermenter and semi-automate fueling (probably biogas)
3) build second xycraft tank for biomass
4) construct and place biogas engine is separate machine room to power squeezer, carpenter, and centrifuge (machines already constructed)

Pretty productive evening I think. I think I'm finally starting to understand buildcraft.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #12578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by Maestro »

izak, dappy, or I can come in sometime and pull some RedPower magic up in this shiz - the RedPower Pneumatic Tubes are INFINITELY more intelligent than BuildCrash pipes. Their machines are awesome too - and the whole system basically knows when to pump and when not to pump items in and out of machines...it's fucking awesome and you need to try it
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by Maestro »

then again, now I feel like a dick because you learning BuildCraft is awesome and I shouldn't get in the way of that kbai <3
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Claus »

In post 12577, Rhinox wrote:Biomass production coming together:
3) Lever to turn on redstone engine to send compost to fermenter through transport pipes (can not leave on all the time because when fermenter fills compost is dumped to ground)
5) Lever to turn on redstone engine to send saplings (or other fuel, whatever is in the chest) to fermenter through transport pipes (can not leave on all the time because when fermenter fills saplings are dumped to ground)

There are two ways around the "dumped on the ground" problem:
1- As Maestro said, to use RP tubes instead of buildcraft pipe. RP tubes don't have the "dump to the ground" problem - if they can't deliver an item to its destination, they get clogged and just stop working until the destination is available again.

2- Buildcraft has the "gate" system: basically a BC gate is an item that is attached to a tube, and when the gate detects a condition, it sends a redstone signal, or a pulse. So, for instance, if the BC gate detects that the fermenter is empty, it will send a signal to the tube coming out of the fabricator, to extract one more compost. The problem with BC gates is that it is a bit expensive to get started with them - the block that produces gates costs a few diamonds to set up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 12579, Maestro wrote:then again, now I feel like a dick because you learning BuildCraft is awesome and I shouldn't get in the way of that kbai <3

lol I thought you were uberninja wtf is up with the avatar :P

Anyways, nah its cool thats part of the reason I posted so I could have feedback and make it better. That said...

In post 12578, Maestro wrote:izak, dappy, or I can come in sometime and pull some RedPower magic up in this shiz

...thanks but this is one thing I don't want someone just doing for me. I need to set it all up myself so I actually understand it and learn how to build other systems with it.

In post 12578, Maestro wrote:the RedPower Pneumatic Tubes are INFINITELY more intelligent than BuildCrash pipes. Their machines are awesome too - and the whole system basically knows when to pump and when not to pump items in and out of machines...it's fucking awesome and you need to try it

I did not know about pneumatic tubes but now that I do it seems I have the resources to make them and maybe I will give them a try. On one side I'll have the pneumatic tube pulling compost out of a xycraft fabricator and sending it to the fermenter and on the otherside I'll have the pneumatic tube pulling saplings and other "organic matter" out of a chest and sending it to the fermenter. For either side, will I need to power the tubes in any way or otherwise use any other machine to make sure the tubes are working and sending items how they should?

In post 12580, Claus wrote:2- Buildcraft has the "gate" system: basically a BC gate is an item that is attached to a tube, and when the gate detects a condition, it sends a redstone signal, or a pulse. So, for instance, if the BC gate detects that the fermenter is empty, it will send a signal to the tube coming out of the fabricator, to extract one more compost. The problem with BC gates is that it is a bit expensive to get started with them - the block that produces gates costs a few diamonds to set up.

I've read about gates a little but I figured I better understand the basics before trying to go more advanced.

I still want to look into another option other than the powered waterproof pipes but the 2 options I know of (liquiducts [thermal expansion] and fluid pipes [red power]) are both harder to acquire and/or set up than the simple water proof pipes.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Claus »

In post 12581, Rhinox wrote:I did not know about pneumatic tubes but now that I do it seems I have the resources to make them and maybe I will give them a try. On one side I'll have the pneumatic tube pulling compost out of a xycraft fabricator and sending it to the fermenter and on the otherside I'll have the pneumatic tube pulling saplings and other "organic matter" out of a chest and sending it to the fermenter. For either side, will I need to power the tubes in any way or otherwise use any other machine to make sure the tubes are working and sending items how they should?

Pneumatic tubes don't need power, but they don't pull items out of blocks automatically. You will need either a block that ejects items from its inventory, or - what is more common - an RP machine that pulls items from an inventory.

The simplest RP machine that pulls items from an inventory is a "transposer". A transposer needs a redstone pulse for each item pulled - you will need some sort of redstone clock sending pulses to the transposer. RP2 has a block that works as a redstone clock.

If you don't want to bother with a clock, you can replace your chest with a relay. A relay is like a small chest that automatically ejects items to RP tubes connected to its output side、but its recipe is a little more complicated.

In short, you need to connect a transposer to your chest (I'm not sure about the fabricator, I think it might output items automagically into tubes), a redstone clock to your transposer, and then connect the tubes from the transposer to the destination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Klazam »

I like bc pipes personally.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

BC pipes throw items on the ground if there's no place for them. RP tubes just clog.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 am

Post by Maestro »

...and then unclog when there's somewhere for the item to go...?

yeah, your'e right, clogging is REALLY dumb
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nope. RP2 machines only send items into a tube if there's a valid inventory for them to go to. So you DO get items stuck in the tubes, but only those that got pushed into them before the previous item filled up whatever inventory they were meant to go into.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:11 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 12586, izakthegoomba wrote:Nope. RP2 machines only send items into a tube if there's a valid inventory for them to go to. So you DO get items stuck in the tubes, but only those that got pushed into them before the previous item filled up whatever inventory they were meant to go into.

basically.

Also, I have an incredibly newbie string farm, so if anyone needs or wants string, for, i dunno, canvas bags maybe, just go to the giant chiseled stone structure behind my house.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

Post by Kinetic »

Server seems to have taken a hard crash. It isn't getting back up.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 12588, Kinetic wrote:Server seems to have taken a hard crash. It isn't getting back up.

I've hit restart, but I'm on my phone so I've got no idea if it worked or not. Someone let me know?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Maestro »

it worked, I was about to do it too - gj izak
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #12591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Maruchan »

Klaz your crash counter is pretty cool, but it appears to be counting server resets which are set to auto-happen every 3 hours, with a 2-minute prior warning, so it'll be off by a number that grows by 8 every day (we don't really crash all that often any more, the crashing is all client-side, where it knocks off every client then takes a minute and lets you keep playing, but the server itself doesn't actually crash. So TBH this counter will never work, because it won't read the client-kicking crashes as server still persists, and it WILL count planned restarts)
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Klazam »

In post 12591, Maruchan wrote:Klaz your crash counter is pretty cool, but it appears to be counting server resets which are set to auto-happen every 3 hours, with a 2-minute prior warning, so it'll be off by a number that grows by 8 every day (we don't really crash all that often any more, the crashing is all client-side, where it knocks off every client then takes a minute and lets you keep playing, but the server itself doesn't actually crash. So TBH this counter will never work, because it won't read the client-kicking crashes as server still persists, and it WILL count planned restarts)

A) I was about to ask you about how often the server restarts daily. I was planning to factor that in. So the number is 8?

B) Not much i can do about the kickoff client crashes.

EDIT: Actually, i don't feel like messing with the crash counter. I'll rename it to reset counter. that ok with ya? XD
Last edited by Klazam on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Maestro »

but since the counter itself exists on the server, shouldn't it only count the times the server itself goes offline (e.g. NOT the client/server FTB kickall thingy?)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 12593, Maestro wrote:but since the counter itself exists on the server, shouldn't it only count the times the server itself goes offline (e.g. NOT the client/server FTB kickall thingy?)

yup, which is why it is unfortunately inherently flawed.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Maruchan »

DireWolf 5.2.1 update applied.
(if you've already updated and still connceted to server, all 5.2.1 did was add a mod, didn't change anything else, thats why it worked without a hitch)
Show
Join Now!

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 12582, Claus wrote:Pneumatic tubes don't need power etc

bah

sticking with what I've built already because pneumatic tubes need brass and I can't be bothered to set up an alloy furnace now. I will turn the system on and off for now to keep items from dumping to the ground.

nevermind alloy furnace was easier than I was expecting pneumatic tubes coming right up :)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Since Thaumcraft fixed their interaction with PortalGun's Portal-To-The-Moon, I tried other methods.

lolololololollolol
Show
Join Now!

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

>.>
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Spoiler: Water Supply

Spoiler: New Biomass Setup
Using pneumatic tubes now instead of transport pipes. Still using waterproof pipes powered by engines though. But thats ok, because now it is fully automatic as long as I keep supplying saplings, wheat, and dirt. Still need to swap the main engine from stirling to biomass, but I needed something to produce the initial lot of biomass.

PS SEND ME ALL YOUR UNWANTED DIRT :)

Spoiler: Biomass tank. Lovely shade of green :)

Spoiler: Machines waiting for a biomass engine: Squeezer, Carpenter, and Centrifuge

I had a busy night and now I'm going to get no sleep and have a horrible day at work tomorrow why minecraft whyyyyy???

Return to “The Arcade”