/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1473, Empire wrote:I'll get back into this tomorrow (7:30 PM class got cancelled woooo). I've been thinking of stuff to post but I really don't have anything to say right now for some reason.

Anyone have things to ask me?

This is quite possibly the worst post in this game and one i don't think I have ever seen come from town.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:56 am

Post by Empire »

In post 1475, Tammy wrote:This is quite possibly the worst post in this game and one i don't think I have ever seen come from town.

Well, deal with it, it just did.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1476, Empire wrote:
In post 1475, Tammy wrote:This is quite possibly the worst post in this game and one i don't think I have ever seen come from town.

Start scumhunting.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:01 am

Post by Tammy »

For instance rather than ask for people to ask you things, be proactive.

But since you need a prompt for some reason. What is our update on OGML? Haven't you been watching him with the markers you learned?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1476, Empire wrote:

Like why take the time to comment on this piece of inanity and not what I posted about nacho last night?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 am

Post by Tammy »

*i mean you're comment is inane, not my comment about you're bad posting. #yolojustwokeup
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:05 am

Post by Empire »

In post 1477, Tammy wrote:Start scumhunting.

Pretty sure I've made my thoughts known? They haven't really changed. I thought CES calling Benmage OGML's scum partner was pretty weird but it seems like he retracted it in #1471. Aside from that, nothing really interesting has happened and I'm not going to force myself to say something when I don't have anything to say (P.S.: that post was mostly a prod dodge but I was trying to at least make it somewhat useful).

P-edit: Actually now that you've brought it up, OGML hit a couple of those in #1469 so the townread has gotten a bit stronger. And I was waiting to hear what Nacho had to say before interjecting.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1454, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 1432, Tammy wrote:
Day two was hardly a deadline panic either. If there was a deadline panic, we would have lynched shadoweh who was at l-1 at deadline and had claimed vanilla. She should have been the lynch yesterday. That lynch was a comedy of errors beginning when ut went weeeeee let's see if we can do something else in 24 hours for whimsy and ended in the clusterfuck that ended with his lynch. There was no deadline panic there either. Okay bn could have held off on the hammer, but ut also obviously wasn't actually interested in discussion or he would have, you know, just answered some of the questions I had earlier.

To be fair, though I agree Day 1 wasn't as bad, Day 2 was two deadline pannics for the price of one. A second deadline wagon forming after the first one doesn't make it any less of a clusterfuck panic lynch.

I don't appreciate the comments about how I must be scum if CES isn't. Mafia is not a If=then system. Especially not from the guy who would be the alternate explanation for the scum motive besides me.

OGML What the fuck seriously. Do you care at all who gets lynched?

I am half-asleep typing this, I think the lack of sleep is starting to catch up to me, but I am seriously having second thoughts about this based on Mr.Setup and Mr. Bemnage-Looked-Too-Motivated-So-Let's-:effort:-harder.

Your almost getting lynched wasn't panic. It was building up over time. But why are you choosing things like this to complain/whine about? What is it telling you about who is scum/town?

What don't you appreciate about llamarbles theory? What does that say about him? A good bit of his theory is based on Poe. Is there something wrong with his Poe pool?

What gives you the idea OGML doesn't care who gets lynched? Don't you guys have the same suspects? Were you just yelling at someone to yell?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1475, Tammy wrote:
In post 1473, Empire wrote:I'll get back into this tomorrow (7:30 PM class got cancelled woooo). I've been thinking of stuff to post but I really don't have anything to say right now for some reason.

This is quite possibly the worst post in this game and one i don't think I have ever seen come from town.

I'm kinda in the same spot, where I don't have anything to add beyond what I've said already.

I'd be pretty happy if the day ended with a lynch of one of CES, OGML, or even Shadoweh. (The latter two don't seem likely at this point so...)

*Cough* Lynch CES *Cough*
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1483, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 1475, Tammy wrote:

I'm kinda in the same spot, where I don't have anything to add beyond what I've said already.

I'd be pretty happy if the day ended with a lynch of one of CES, OGML, or even Shadoweh. (The latter two don't seem likely at this point so...)

*Cough* Lynch CES *Cough*

It wasn't the I don't have anything to say by itself. I've made that post a dozen times. It was that coupled with the "anyone have things to ask me" that struck a nerve.

Besides, you know who you want lynched and have made that clear. But when your last post before this is that everyone looks town, it's especially odd. (not the everyone looks town, I've been there, but the passive posting)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I get where you're coming from. I remember a post from DDD scum in apennine mafia waaaaaay back when that said basically the same thing. (He fell behind, and wanted to be directly engaged.)

I don't think Empire scum is possible without Tierce scum though. If I entertain the possibility of him being scum at this point I pretty much have to rethink everything.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:36 am

Post by Empire »

In post 1484, Tammy wrote:It wasn't the I don't have anything to say by itself. I've made that post a dozen times. It was that coupled with the "anyone have things to ask me" that struck a nerve.

Besides, you know who you want lynched and have made that clear. But when your last post before this is that everyone looks town, it's especially odd. (not the everyone looks town, I've been there, but the passive posting)

This is ridiculous and the fact that it's coming after I've posted an ISO that you of all people know damn well never ever comes from me as scum in million years is even more baffling. Asking to be engaged in the game is not even remotely as scumtell (BBmolla did something like this in Sherlock as town, from memory) so I have no idea where you're getting this from. And I don't see how my thinking lots of people look town is even relevant here considering how I play and considering how clear I've made those opinions over the course of the game.

In case you haven't realized, I've been posting passively lately out of a combination of being super busy, having nothing to say, and just generally being demoralized because of how shitty I've been playing overall lately. I hate the fact that I feel disengaged from this game but at the same time I don't really have anything to say.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 am

Post by Empire »

Like, are you trolling me into being more proactive or because you're entertaining a wonky paranoid theory about me or what? Because this is what this feels like.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1486, Empire wrote:
In post 1484, Tammy wrote:It wasn't the I don't have anything to say by itself. I've made that post a dozen times. It was that coupled with the "anyone have things to ask me" that struck a nerve.

This is ridiculous and the fact that it's coming after I've posted an ISO that you of all people know damn well never ever comes from me as scum in million years is even more baffling. Asking to be engaged in the game is not even remotely as scumtell (BBmolla did something like this in Sherlock as town, from memory) so I have no idea where you're getting this from. And I don't see how my thinking lots of people look town is even relevant here considering how I play and considering how clear I've made those opinions over the course of the game.

In case you haven't realized, I've been posting passively lately out of a combination of being super busy, having nothing to say, and just generally being demoralized because of how shitty I've been playing overall lately. I hate the fact that I feel disengaged from this game but at the same time I don't really have anything to say.

So, what you're saying is that it's perfectly fine for you to tell me you're not getting warm and fuzzy feelings from my posts, tell me to towninate and suggest I'm possibly struggling day one when I actually think I started pretty strongly and town. Then accuse me of being a negative nancy and having a bad attitude when I was in a good mood, but when you make a scum post, I'm not allowed to question it. :? Kay. Because that's the gist of what I'm getting from your how dare you question me post.

I have never, that I remember, seen town ask for people to ask them questions. I've seen it a lot from scum. If BB did it as town in Sherlock, I wouldn't know that because I didn't play Sherlock. And if I did, I would have called him out on that. What does that have to do with anything anyway? (Actually I just ran through BB's iso, and you'll have to point out for me where he went "anyone want to ask me things?" He made a wall and asked for people to respond to it. He then asked why Tierce wasn't yelling at him. Neither of which are remotely the same thing to asking people to ask you things, when what you should be doing is asking other people things.)

And bringing up you town reading everyone is relevant to the point I was making. And you need to take a step back and actually read because I think it becomes pretty obvious what I was saying if you're not blinded by OMG HOW DARE YOU. It wasn't a criticism, and even states that in the parenthesis. Zach was saying that he can see where you're coming from because he doesn't have anything else to really say either. However, Zach has a scum read. He knows who he wants lynched today. He's already said the game could benefit from the day not going to deadline. I would totally expect someone in his position to not have anything else to say today. However, you don't know who you want lynched and are reading everyone as town. This again is not a criticism because hello! and not to mention yesterday I joked that we should no lynch because everyone was town. But you not knowing what you want to do and not having anything to say is not the same thing as Zach knowing what he wants to do and not having anything else to say.

But regardless, it wasn't the not having anything to say that struck a nerve. It was that followed by you asking people to ask you things. That passive "someone ask me something or anyone want to ask me anything" type post I've only ever seen come from scum. You're acting like I started calling for your lynch immediately. I said I've never seen that post come from town, and I haven't. On the whole I have more reasons to think you're town than not, but when you make a post I've never seen town make before I'm going to point it out and question it. I don't stop reading my town reads, even the ones I feel confident in my ability to read, and you know that.

But no, I'm not trolling you. I legitimately hated that post and it made me twitchy. But, I do also want you to be more proactive.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 1474, DeasVail wrote:Actually, to those on the CES wagon, why him over Nacho?

If we lynch Nacho instead of CES, that is probably still a good move and I won't complain.
I feel good about lynching CES though.

It's true that Shadoweh's 1454 was not so good.

I agree with Zach 1485. But generally when I reread Empire or Tierce I find some reasons they are playing very well if scum.
Also 'well it did' is usually the right response.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1481, Empire wrote:P-edit: Actually now that you've brought it up, OGML hit a couple of those in #1469 so the townread has gotten a bit stronger. And I was waiting to hear what Nacho had to say before interjecting.

That post didn't look connected to the thread at all. Anger is a perfectly understandable reaction in many cases but there was nothing here that that post works as a reaction to. Recognize the shortcut you're making.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 am

'Marble, get on the side of scumhunting, please.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Llamarble »

I've read the OGML slot and I don't see it. I will try much harder to if you flip town, but I am not able to at the moment.
It's not like I'm voting you over him just because of glimpses from orbit (though I would like more others to think bigger picture); I actually am doing a lot of reading.
Maybe a little less post-by-post casemaking than I could, but eh.

Do you think Tierce and Empire are scum?
Do you think Shadoweh is scum? (if you think both of you are town, this leaves us with several awkward looking wagons)
Tammy? I think Tammy is pretty darn town.
I know you don't think Zach is scum, and it doesn't look like you think I am scum.
That leaves you Nacho OGML Benmage DV; would you say you currently believe in Shadoweh / OGML / (One of Benmage Nacho DV) or somesuch?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:55 am

You saw it yesterday. Trust your past self (or just see it again? It's not that hard - N is clearly dancing around his failure to contribute and none of OGML's content survives contact with thinking).

If you're not voting me based on glimpses from orbit, then I don't know why you're voting me at all. I wouldn't encourage people to look at the bigger picture as that's generally just bad play.

I would go with Shadoweh, Nacho and OGML as my scum team right now. Not because of wagon analysis, mind you, as that is an abomination (make an a priori assessment of what's likely, look at what happened, pretend your initial assessment still has merit because of, I don't know, magic, draw a faulty conclusion).

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 3, Votecount 10

Cogito Ergo Sum (5) - Llamarble, Shadoweh, Zachrulez, Tierce, OhGodMylife

OhGodMyLife (1) - Cogito Ergo Sum
Nachomamma8 (2) - Benmage, Deasvail
Llamarble (1) - Nachomamma8

Not voting (2) :
Empire, Tammy

• With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 7th of April at 3:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-06 23:59:59)
  • Benmage is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Tierce »

You know what's bothering me, CES?

Tammy and Empire are going at each other for participation and paranoia and, while you have voiced your scumteam picks, I find it rather odd that you have yet to intervene in that. If feels like you are far too happy about them doing it because you are at L-1, Tammy had been voting you, and you have yet to claim at less than 72 hours to deadline. It's quite the convenient situation for CES-scum.

By the way, Empire, Tammy: stop it, you two, this is probably one of the Towniest games I've seen from both of you and you have both been ridiculously busy; lower activity and participation is understandable. Yeah, you want each other to participate more, but just SAY SO instead of going on walls about it. You're either Town or GODMODE SCUM, and I don't think you're in any RL state to become GODMODE SCUM at this point. So give this game what time you
do
have and stop bickering.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Would anyone have a problem with me hammering?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm

The interventions are as boring to me as the recurring attacks on TET. I don't think it'd be productive here at any rate since Tammy's position in her last post seems perfectly reasonable (yes, that post was scummy and pointing that out is fine).

I'm confused as to what benefit I'm supposed to be deriving from this. I need people to get stuck in and see OGMLscum.

P-edit: yes.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him