Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:41 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the 7th Vote Count of DOOM: :twisted:

2 - kilmenator (Rosso Carne, MrBuddyLee)
2 - Ozymandius (Turbovolver, Patrick)

1 - friday-13th (ShadowLurker)
1 - ShadowLurker (Adele)

Not voting: friday-13th, Ozymandius, geraintm, kilmenator

Remember with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch before the deadline and 4 to lynch at the deadline!
The end justifies the means.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:57 am

Post by geraintm »

ShadowLurker wrote:
geraintm wrote:Shadow - considering you haven't mentioned Friday in a post since the 11th, seems odd to try and get a quick band wagon going now.
What are you talking about? I've been pushing on Friday this whole game and she still hasn't answered questions. How am I trying to get a quick bandwagon going on her
now
?
its Xmas now, and i am away from work where i get teh most time to read through the thread and write long posts. Wife won't like me spending too much time on mafiascum so the lenght of my posts and stuff is going to slow down till after NEw YEars. Sorry for this.

Shadow - when i wrote that i think what i had done was look at all your posts and noticed that you hadn't mentioned Friday for a long time, ten days or so. so then you suddenly brought up Friday again i found it odd was all.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:01 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

geraintm wrote:Shadow - when i wrote that i think what i had done was look at all your posts and noticed that you hadn't mentioned Friday for a long time, ten days or so. so then you suddenly brought up Friday again i found it odd was all.
In the first place, I hadn't posted in 6 days, and there weren't many posts at all in that 6 days anyway. And second of all, it was 8 days.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by Adele »

Given Ozy's response to Turbo's analysis,
vote: Ozy
. He shows signs even in this post of wanting to learn by rote how to appear townie; this isn't the first concern of a genuine townie.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Patrick »

I went back through Mert's posts, but there aren't many clues to be gained there, he simply didn't post enough. I think Rosso is very slightly more pro town looking because Mert was trying to use his playstyle against him, and I saw he was joined in this by friday. Of course, it could have been a pre arranged distancing act, but I got more the vibe that Mert was just looking for a comfortable first target.
I agree with what Adele just said.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Ozymandius wrote:I see now that this kind of comment of mine does not help me look good. Noted for future reference.
Go on then, explain how.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:17 am

Post by Ozymandius »

My comment was half sarcastic. It was taken as scummy by you. That is not helpful to me, because I am town. That only adds to the fact that you found my Fos to be scummy and poorly founded in the first place.

And I'm not trying to appear townie, I'm trying to prove my inocence. I made a mistake by saying that comment that turbo (and others) find scummy.
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Ozymandius wrote:My comment was half sarcastic. It was taken as scummy by you. That is not helpful to me, because I am town. That only adds to the fact that you found my Fos to be scummy and poorly founded in the first place.
Well, it was a crappy FOS. You cant just say "discussion is good for town", because a lot of discussion
isn't
. I can give examples if necessary.

Also, stretching "I don't want to discuss X" to "I don't want to discuss" is still misrepresentation.
Ozymandius wrote:And I'm not trying to appear townie, I'm trying to prove my inocence. I made a mistake by saying that comment that turbo (and others) find scummy.
I'm supposed to believe you were trying to prove your innocence by sarcastically brushing things aside?

Also to explain this comment:
Turbovolver wrote:
Ozymandius wrote:I'm not saying we should lynch her now. My goal was just to let her know that I think she should do a bit more thinking before she posts to avoid confusion. I was and still am quite willing to give her plenty of time to work out anything that has caused confusion.
Well, OK then. Very "don't look hard at me" posting.
It's just a feeling I get reading through the quoted text of yours. It seems to be "over-explaining".
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Oh, hold on, I think I misunderstood...
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:59 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Ozymandius wrote:My comment was half sarcastic. It was taken as scummy by you. That is not helpful to me, because I am town. That only adds to the fact that you found my Fos to be scummy and poorly founded in the first place.
So you're saying the "I see you make a big deal out of FOS..." comment was half-sarcastic.

1) You said you understand why it's scummy. You still haven't explained why.

2) Calling it half-sarcastic could easily be an attempt to absolve yourself of those words, but I guess that just comes down to whether you can be trusted or not.

Also now that I realise my mistake, some of the stuff in the last post doens't make sense any more. Namely,
Turbovolver wrote:I'm supposed to believe you were trying to prove your innocence by sarcastically brushing things aside?
This.

The rest still holds.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:35 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

Turbovolver wrote:
Well, it was a crappy FOS. You cant just say "discussion is good for town", because a lot of discussion
isn't
. I can give examples if necessary.

Also, stretching "I don't want to discuss X" to "I don't want to discuss" is still misrepresentation.
I've heard that discussion is good for town. I'll admit now I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what is.
Ozymandius wrote: Kilmenator was saying disscusion was useless. I was merely trying to point that out.
I see what you're saying. I didn't notice that. I meant that Kilmenator was saying that a form of disscusion was useless. I didn't intend to put it that vaugely.
Turbovolver wrote: Also to explain this comment:
Turbovolver wrote:
Ozymandius wrote:I'm not saying we should lynch her now. My goal was just to let her know that I think she should do a bit more thinking before she posts to avoid confusion. I was and still am quite willing to give her plenty of time to work out anything that has caused confusion.
Well, OK then. Very "don't look hard at me" posting.
It's just a feeling I get reading through the quoted text of yours. It seems to be "over-explaining".
I think I understand what you're saying. The idea was that I didn't want the whole thing to blow up, and did not expect it to, and instead it looks like that idea has helped fuel the fire.
So you're saying the "I see you make a big deal out of FOS..." comment was half-sarcastic.

1) You said you understand why it's scummy. You still haven't explained why.

2) Calling it half-sarcastic could easily be an attempt to absolve yourself of those words, but I guess that just comes down to whether you can be trusted or not.
1) Why don't you explain why it is scummy? You're the one who called it a scum tell. I'm just going off that.

2) Those words were not intended to be so serious. I'm not trying to absolve myself of those words, I didn't expect them to be made into somthing bigger than they were.[/quote]

Somehow I'm back.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:12 am

Post by geraintm »

I posted a while ago that some people were being bad posters - Rosso, MrBuddyLee and Adele. One of these has posted one line, but the others haven't.
vote rosso

i don't want to vote Ozy just to penalise him for actually taking part, even though he doesn't look great at all.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:19 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbo: That's a scum tell.
Ozy: Yes, I can see why that is considered scummy.
Turbo: I don't believe that. Why is it scummy?
Ozy: Why don't you tell me?! You're the one who called it scummy with no reasoning?

When you defend against something with "Yeah, I can see why that's bad, sorry," and you cant actually see why it's bad, then you are lying to the town, and you are just saying whatever you think will get people off your back.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:18 am

Post by Ozymandius »

I never directly said it was scummy. I said it was not doing me any good. This is because I was coming under fire for it.
Turbovolver wrote: 1) You said you understand why it's scummy. You still haven't explained why.
I also said you called it a scum tell. I said that you found it to be scummy. To be honest I don't really know why it is a scum tell. I know now that it didn't help me.

Don't put words in my mouth, please.

Somehow I'm back.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:42 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the 8th Vote Count of DOOM: :twisted:

3 - Ozymandius (Turbovolver, Patrick, Adele)
2 - kilmenator (Rosso Carne, MrBuddyLee)

1 - friday-13th (ShadowLurker)
1 - Rosso (geraintm)

Not voting: friday-13th, Ozymandius, kilmenator

Deadline in less than 48 hours. Can be pushed back if there are requests.

Remember with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch before the deadline and 4 to lynch at the deadline!
The end justifies the means.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:32 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Mod:
I believe we need a deadline extension because of the fact that several people have been inactive and need prodding and possibly replacement:
friday-13th: Last post December 12th
Rosso Carne: Last post December 15th
MrBuddyLee: Last post December 19th

Ozymandius, who do you think is scummy and why?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:54 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Well, I was actually talking about this quote,
Ozymandius wrote:I see now that this kind of comment of mine does not help me look good. Noted for future reference.
but it turns out you never said you knew
why
it was scummy there either.

So yes, I was mistakenly putting words in your mouth and I apologise.

I can also now explain why
Ozymandius wrote:I didn't know you felt so strongly about an FOS...
is scummy.

* You are suggesting because it's only an FOS it shouldn't be looked at too hard. It was still based on logic, so there's no reason not to analyse that logic. It could even be seen as an attempt to suppress discussion.

* You are calling into doubt the behaviour of those who analyse your FOS in any great detail. Basically without any solid accusation or commitment to a position, you are providing the opportunity to make players look worse.

It's not really a major tell, because I can reasonably see townies doing it (though not as much as scum), but it was still scummy to me. And when I thought you were saying you knew why it was scummy when it was quite likely you did not, I thought I had found something more solid.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

I think we probably should get the deadline changed or gotten rid of. Part or me says Turbo is making a mountain out of a molehill, but the other part says we really don't have too much to look at right now anyway with so few ppl saying anything. I think we might as well hear Ozy's suspect list.

Also, I don't like the vote on Rosso. I can't really see the basis for it.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by kilmenator »

ok, for now, with my thoughts semi-cleared... and christmas on the way along with a deadline that hopefully will soon be extended or removed. i want to vote MrBuddyLee, he hasnt said much accept a post with no logic, also, bird111 had been voting him and maybe bird had some info on him. bird111 was confirmed town as the watchman, so for now that is where my vote is.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by kilmenator »

crap
vote:MrBuddyLee
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by Patrick »

How would bird have some info on MBL? The game started in day.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

kilmenator, I believe you're mixing up games again? No one has claimed as of yet.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:48 pm

Post by kilmenator »

guess your right about the day start, and no no one has claimed but the mod killed bird and told us he was the protown watchman, maybe i am confusing what a watchman is. i forgot we started in day, regardless, maybe bird had a sixth sense, and i dont like how MBL is lurking...
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I don't like how the votes so far are:

Ozymandius, who I'm not ready to vote just yet
kilmenator, who I believe for her actions is protown
Rosso, who for meteagame reasons I believe is protown
friday-13th, who I'm the only one voting.
Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

I request that the deadline be pushed back as well. I'm going to be busy for a while, and I'll need to read through the game a bit more, which is somthing that I may not have time to do by the current deadline.

Somehow I'm back.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”