Micro : The Cult 2 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 222, AngryPidgeon wrote:Not totally caught up; shocked that the DL is almost up.

In post 206, Kid A wrote:ok it looks like nothing else is going to be gained from me self voting

What was to be gained in the first place??

it got people talking

gave me some new perspectives and sorted out some of my reads that i wasnt too sure about (yours and remembrance's)

I'd say it went pretty well
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Feel like sharing these perspectives, or do you feel like not bullshitting us anymore?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Kid A »

I already explained that I thought they came up with good reasoning that seemed genuine in #169 and #149

and on that note VOTE: deltabacon with an explanation coming right up
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Erm, at no point have you mentioned anything regarding posts #149 and #169. The 'They' in question is AngryPidgeon for #169 and Rememberance for #149. Can you clarify what you're going on about, because at the moment I don't think even you know what you're jabbering on about.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Deltabacon »

I'll also point out that I have 1 scum (Pimhel), 1 lurker (Freshman) and now one probable VI (Kid A) on my wagon. Is there anymore of you out there who feel misguided enough to hop on, or can we get down to the business of lynching Pimhel now?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 30, Deltabacon wrote:
'
We
don't have cookies, but
we
have bacon'? Who is
'we'
? Probably over-reading this, but I'm happy to join this bandwagon, for now, at least.

pretty sure everyone already analysed this one but yeah he's really reaching here

In post 67, Deltabacon wrote:
The 'We' implies a team, no-one as yet is aware of any kind of team. That you include me in the 'We' looks like either
foreshadowing
, or buddying. And yes, I understood his reason perfectly, and I agreed with it. I didn't realise I had to go so far as to paraphrase the argument again in my own words.

Why are you defending Kid A?

???

this makes so little sense
why would a cult leader pick who to recruit in RVS?
how does referring to a group of two as "we" count as buddying??

In post 76, Deltabacon wrote:
I keep my eyes shut? What? That's a great elaboration of your argument.
Why are you actually voting for me?
Is it because I'm voting for you, or is it due to some more, incredibly elaborate and far-fetched reasoning?

NINJA'd: It's the implication of 'team' that disconcerts me. You paint it however you wish, I saw it as definite buddying, and there is no reason for town to buddy so blatantly.

disregards the point about him not listening to pimhel and then in the very next sentence diregards something pimhel said

implies that pimhel has some master plan without giving any details or thoughts or anything about said plan - yet more reaching

In post 80, Deltabacon wrote:I disregard the rebuttal from a person whom I believe to be scummy, and as such, I am scum? No. If you had a legitimate argument, I have an open mind. But you don't.

You find me scummy, purely because I find you scummy. That is the basis of your vote on me.

more of that disregarding and strawmanning

also i like this

In post 76, Deltabacon wrote:I keep my eyes shut? What? That's a great elaboration of your argument.

In post 80, Deltabacon wrote:I disregard the rebuttal from a person whom I believe to be scummy

In post 82, Deltabacon wrote:
Kid A hasn't offered an explanation.

Given that you clearly think I'm the scum (your vote is on me), why are you saying Kid A's vote on Rememberance is a Good Vote? Seriously, do you not care about who gets lynched, because you're still yet to provide a case on me.

come on its not hard to do an ISO
attempting to paint pimhel as a liar

seems to think having two suspects is scummy as well ???

also apparently pimhel hasnt provided a case on him but if you look at his ISO he's been giving arguments against him since his 8th post, thats misrepping

In post 85, Deltabacon wrote:Why don't you summarize it for me, you know, so that it's not completely fucking invisible to anyone.

Furthermore, now that you've pointed out Kid A's explanation, do you want to point out the bit where it co-aligns with AP's and yours? With AP, he says it meant the entirety of the wagon on him, whereas with you, you make only specific reference to you and me. Kid A doesn't even make reference to the important part of the post, instead dismissing it as joke, which is convenient, given that you made the post early enough to still be considered RVS. You clearly think that it's me, and given that you aren't even trying to convince anyone else, it tells me that you're happy for ANYONE to be lynched other than yourself.

we're on post 85 here and his vote is still based on a post in RVS

he apparently didnt pay attention to all of pimhels rebuttals because suddenly the case is "completely fucking invisible"

In post 119, Deltabacon wrote:I'd love someone to post a coherent case against me at some point.

yeah its not like anyone's been doing that for the past 50 posts

In post 122, Deltabacon wrote:It's entirely possible that I'm simply looking for a fight, but I feel like PimHel is the scum, if not for the original post, then for the posts afterwards and his reluctance to post a case on his vote target (me). His
sole reason
for voting me so far, is that I voted for him. That's not a town thing to do under any circumstances, and no-one else jumps out at me so wildly as scum.

hey its another misrep
gg

In post 124, Deltabacon wrote:But a townie wouldn't panic so much as to divert attention so promptly onto their attacker, especially given Pimhel's experience with the game (5 years). I think it's pretty awful for him not to have supplied a case, then claim that he has. (He hasn't)

(he has)

In post 130, Deltabacon wrote:
In post 126, PimHel wrote:@Bacon.

*snip*
I've given my summary.
*snip*

See, thing is, you haven't.

In post 59, PimHel wrote:Bacon. If he gives a bad response to my questions, he'll have my vote.

Yeah that's not a case. You never defined what a bad response would be, you just went right ahead and OMGUS voted me after I responded to your questions. Just because other people have provided you with a convenient excuse which you're now hiding behind, doesn't mean my interpretation is invalid else I might as well replace out, given that my opinions are apparently irrelevant.

BUT WAIT - THATS NOT EVEN MY CASE ANYMORE.

Let's have a look at how many times I've asked Pimhel to supply me with a case, shall we?

In post 80, Deltabacon wrote:I disregard the rebuttal from a person whom I believe to be scummy, and as such, I am scum? No.
If you had a legitimate argument
, I have an open mind. But you don't.

You find me scummy, purely because I find you scummy. That is the basis of your vote on me.

Here, I softly try to nudge him towards making a case and/or rebuttal aaaaand he ignores it.

In post 82, Deltabacon wrote:Kid A hasn't offered an explanation.

Given that you clearly think I'm the scum (your vote is on me), why are you saying Kid A's vote on Rememberance is a Good Vote? Seriously, do you not care about who gets lynched, because
you're still yet to provide a case on me.

Being more forceful now aaaaaand nope, no case given.

In post 85, Deltabacon wrote:
Why don't you summarize it for me, you know, so that it's not completely fucking invisible to anyone.

*snip*

Yeah this is me outright telling him aaaaand nope, still no case given.

But wait, look at this next post!

In post 126, PimHel wrote: *snip*
I've given my summary. And I'm not nthe type of player who posts a giant case. I look at posts that are made, point out what I don't like about it and collect data before going on a rampage. *snip*

I'll translate this for you all: 'Pimhel has given his summary, and cannot be arsed with trying any harder.'

If he's not scum, then he's a fucking unhelpful townie who needs lynching. My vote isn't moving.

hey look he even made a big post of all the times he disregarded everything from pimhel

hes doing my job for me

also i like that subtle seed for a policy vote there at the bottom

seriously why the fuck would you try and push a policy vote when we can end the game at d1 if we get the scum

In post 136, Deltabacon wrote:That's your case? That's laughably pathetic.

maybe this one is a bit more suited to your tastes ;)

In post 150, Deltabacon wrote:
In post 147, RandomYoshi wrote:For me, Scum is in {PimHel, Freshiscoolman}.

Discuss.

I totally agree - you should vote for PimHel <3

wheres your fucking case the whole thing is still

a) he voted me after i voted him which could only be OMGUS - no other explanation for it
b) he did that one post in rvs that i didnt like

In post 201, Deltabacon wrote:
In post 199, Remembrance wrote:Let me say this better:

1. Where did you go to drink (I mean, a bar, or at home, etcetera).
2. What brand of drink did you have?
3. Why did you drink so much?

Feel free to be vague about these questions, if personal/or uncomfortable.

1. Houseparty
2. Malibu, Smirnoff and... snaps?
3. Woman.
4. Lynch Pimhel.

still no case

seriously wheres the case
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 151, Kid A wrote:

also now that remembrance has actually posted something with more content to it I think he has a pretty towny way of thinking that didnt come across in the shorter posts (im sure he'll tell me this is buddying though)

are you even reading this game or just making shit up as you go
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Deltabacon »

'Townie way of thinking' and 'Good Reasoning' are completely different concepts. Since you're so adament that Pimhel has supplied a case, why don't you go ISO him and quote it in full for me. Until then, all your claims of misrepresentation are void.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 59, PimHel wrote:Bacon. If he gives a bad response to my questions, he'll have my vote.
Furthermore, you may slap my puppets.
To a lesser extent, AP and GIF.

@Kid A
who are the others with bullshit reasons in your opinion and why not question them?

well here is the initial reasoning for his vote

In post 73, PimHel wrote:
@Bacon
At least AP gets it. We were voting the same player, that's why I said ' we' .
And you keep your eyes shut for some scummy reason.

2 more reasons

In post 78, PimHel wrote:
In post 76, Deltabacon wrote:I keep my eyes shut? What? That's a great elaboration of your argument. Why are you actually voting for me? Is it because I'm voting for you, or is it due to some more, incredibly elaborate and far-fetched reasoning?

NINJA'd: It's the implication of 'team' that disconcerts me. You paint it however you wish, I saw it as definite buddying, and there is no reason for town to buddy so blatantly.

With the ninja, you show exactly what I mean. You disregard any possibility. And that's scummy.

further evidence of the previous reason

In post 81, PimHel wrote:
In post 80, Deltabacon wrote:I disregard the rebuttal from a person whom I believe to be scummy, and as such, I am scum? No. If you had a legitimate argument, I have an open mind. But you don't.

So you even disregard AP's and Kid A's explanations as well. Congrats.

@Kid A
Good vote. I'll look at the case later though

another reason, albeit a similar one

In post 131, PimHel wrote:
In post 78, PimHel wrote:
In post 76, Deltabacon wrote:I keep my eyes shut? What? That's a great elaboration of your argument. Why are you actually voting for me? Is it because I'm voting for you, or is it due to some more, incredibly elaborate and far-fetched reasoning?

With the ninja, you show exactly what I mean. You disregard any possibility. And that's scummy.

Because obv, I haven't mentioned why I find you scummy :roll:
There's a big difference between not answering and noit accepting an answer. You're doing the second and keep repeating it. No matter what's done, no matter what's said, you keep having your eyes shut. The only thing you're doing is tunnelvisioning. Call me anj unhelpful townie, at least I'm looking at every possibility. Something you're missing.
Now answer my question what your definition of buddying is.

another reason

In post 139, PimHel wrote:Oh, I thought I had mentioned it already. The vote is good, the case I don't believe in.

1. Buddying. I don't see how I buddied :S But thanks for the definition. Nice to know you're only calling me out, when it happens several times. Like I said, tunnelvision.
2. defending. Nope, calling AP out on something.
3. Reassurance. If you want to see it like that. My vision is that it's not OMGUS wehn you have good reasons.
4. Complimentary. Yes, because remembrance is scummy.

and heres even further reasoning about why your attack on him doesn't add up

seems like a case to me
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Remembrance »

But he drunk posted :(

UNVOTE: Unvote

...Tend to in general think "I was fishing for a reaction" as a scum tell, but then you built a case.

Give me a sec.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Remembrance »

Delta, are you town? And can you prove it?
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Deltabacon »

I am, but it's unprovable, which is decidedly inconvienient.

@Kid: You're relying on his definitions. However, he's disregarding what I said, being hypocritical. Apparently I'm disregarding everything he says, which is a fair enough stance.
And in your quotation of his Post 139, he does the same.

I'll also argue that alot of what you quoted was simply rebuttals, not a case, other than 59 and 73, given that they've been given a bit of context.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Remembrance »

Okay, i'm going to ask you a whole lot of questions.

a short list of questions.

1. If you were the cult leader would you rather recruit GIF or Yoshi
2. If you were town, would you be willing to move on and vote someone more active?
3. Can you restate your case against PimHel, now that it has perculated.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Remembrance »

Of course you can prove you're town. All you need to do is vote yourself. Hurr.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

What do you hope to achieve by asking question #1?
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Rem, why did you introduce so much WIFOM?
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am

Post by Remembrance »

^ beetle juice tells
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Fair enough:

1: Probably Yoshi if I was in that situation, he's further above suspicion I think to the players as a whole which makes him a better choice.
2: If I find reason to, yes. I don't believe that my case against Pimhel has been rebutted fully - It's certainly lost a bit of credibilty, but I still believe it to be legitimate. I am acutely aware that I do, on occasion, suffer from confirmation bias. However, given the state of the game, I don't see anyone else (who is active, at least) being scum. For a moment there, before Kid complied with my request for a full and frank quote of Pimhel's case I was starting to lean VI/Scum on him, however he then proceeded to pit himself against me with some degree of clarity in his reasoning which wasn't forced. Freshman is a concern, however I'm not a proponent of Lynch-All-Lurkers, so whilst I am vastly disappointed in his lack of any real contribution, I still quite firmly believe in my read on Pimhel being scum.

3: To summarize it as briefly as possible:

He buddied Kid A to garner support (which I believe to have worked), which is an optimal strategy for scum, given that all he needs to do is to survive until Day 2, and he can win the game even if he is lynched tommorow by culting someone else. (Should this happen, we should search for his target, since they may continue to recruit whilst he cannot, effectively sealing the game) Secondly, he's happier to go back-and-forth in arguments than end them as decisively as Kid A did, which is a lazy way of lead the town to confusion. Kid A was happy to put the work in and try and cut my argument down, whereas constant requests for Pimhel to supply a case we met with a stubborn laziness. He was happy to respond to my calls of 'OMGUS, OMGUS' with a simple declaration that I was wrong - a hypocritical statement, given that that's what I've been doing all game, apparently. Why would a member of the town:

A) Refuse to cut down arguments against them in favour of creating confusion.
B) Buddy extensively with one person, who then feels compelled into defending them for them.
C) Congratulate Kid A (the buddy 'victim' as it were) on a vote for someone whom he isn't voting for, given the number of people that are saying that 'Policy lynches are bad'?

It wasn't a mistake for me to put the clause about 'unhelpful townie' in there, because scummy townies are just as damaging to the town as scum, even more so I would argue. However I think there is very, very little chance of me being wrong in this instance. There is no single argument which can completely dispel the above case - that's not gloating, it's not confirmation bias. Pimhel has done scummy things, and I believe that to mean that he is the Cult leader. Like it or loathe it, that's how my view on the game stays until I am satisfied with a rebuttal that deconstructs what I'm saying, rather than being stubborn and argumentative which serves no purpose except to frustrate which then undermines the credibility of my arguments.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Remembrance »

^ K he's town.

@ What do you guys thinks?
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

I've had him as Town since last page or so - nothing has changed my read on him so far.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Remembrance »

You're not everyone Yoshi!

But you're the one, in the every!

Also, yeah. The scummiest people are all lurkers. or semi-lurkers. So my vote is worthless. Because I think the rest are lean town.

And no, Kid A just tried to shut Delta down and trap him. So no, what he did was not so pro-town. Also, I've looked at his meta and the unvote he made when he got voted, is consistent with his one (completed) game of scum play. Nacho gave him advice about it. VOTE: Kid A

Open to PimHel.

....No read on Freshman.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 241, Remembrance wrote:^ beetle juice tells
What is a beetle juice tell?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Remembrance »

You don't know?

It is when a player only comes up when their name is called.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Remembrance »

Reasons for questions:
1. Wanted to know if you guys were lurking. Bit that bait~
2. Wanted to see if he was going to be stubborn town or idiot scum.
3. Has restated his case, and is consistent in the rebuild. He also rebuilt it quickly. But scum need to go over it for scum tells.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 240, RandomYoshi wrote:Rem, why did you introduce so much WIFOM?

Well this is actually good. Cult leader MIGHT panic on who to recruit

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”