Micro : The Cult 2 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Freshmaniscoolman
Freshmaniscoolman
Townie
Freshmaniscoolman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Freshmaniscoolman »

AngryPidgeon, you didn't put yourself on that list. So I'll automatically assume you want to be placed under "Tigers be here".
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by PimHel »

@Bacon.
Kid A: It's complicated, but it looks like it was a joke.
AP: It's awkward, but it's a joke.
Pim: It was a joke.

That's the similarity.
Anyway, I'd like to know what your definition of buddying is.
I've given my summary. And I'm not nthe type of player who posts a giant case. I look at posts that are made, point out what I don't like about it and collect data before going on a rampage.
And what I see from you is that you keep your eyes shut as to keep justifying your vote, while the reason has been disputed by some players already.

@TheNE
I disagree with your thoughts about clearing Bacon and remembrance for some speculation about the cult. We all know what we signed up for. And Bacon later showed that he knew that there was no team yet.

P.S. Bacon
Obv, you know my join date. Can you also tell me how many games I've completed?

@Yoshi, GIF (And remembrance?)
Could you guys elaborate for me why their playstyles make them town?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Post by Kid A »

if it proves im town i am happy to put myself at l-1
UNVOTE: remembrance
VOTE: kid a[/vote?
dont agree with freshman being scummy tho
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Inb4 everyone votes for himself
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by Kid A »

oops
VOTE: Kid A
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Deltabacon »

In post 126, PimHel wrote:@Bacon.

*snip*
I've given my summary.
*snip*

See, thing is, you haven't.

In post 59, PimHel wrote:Bacon. If he gives a bad response to my questions, he'll have my vote.

Yeah that's not a case. You never defined what a bad response would be, you just went right ahead and OMGUS voted me after I responded to your questions. Just because other people have provided you with a convenient excuse which you're now hiding behind, doesn't mean my interpretation is invalid else I might as well replace out, given that my opinions are apparently irrelevant.

BUT WAIT - THATS NOT EVEN MY CASE ANYMORE.

Let's have a look at how many times I've asked Pimhel to supply me with a case, shall we?

In post 80, Deltabacon wrote:I disregard the rebuttal from a person whom I believe to be scummy, and as such, I am scum? No.
If you had a legitimate argument
, I have an open mind. But you don't.

You find me scummy, purely because I find you scummy. That is the basis of your vote on me.

Here, I softly try to nudge him towards making a case and/or rebuttal aaaaand he ignores it.

In post 82, Deltabacon wrote:Kid A hasn't offered an explanation.

Given that you clearly think I'm the scum (your vote is on me), why are you saying Kid A's vote on Rememberance is a Good Vote? Seriously, do you not care about who gets lynched, because
you're still yet to provide a case on me.

Being more forceful now aaaaaand nope, no case given.

In post 85, Deltabacon wrote:
Why don't you summarize it for me, you know, so that it's not completely fucking invisible to anyone.

*snip*

Yeah this is me outright telling him aaaaand nope, still no case given.

But wait, look at this next post!

In post 126, PimHel wrote: *snip*
I've given my summary. And I'm not nthe type of player who posts a giant case. I look at posts that are made, point out what I don't like about it and collect data before going on a rampage. *snip*

I'll translate this for you all: 'Pimhel has given his summary, and cannot be arsed with trying any harder.'

If he's not scum, then he's a fucking unhelpful townie who needs lynching. My vote isn't moving.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 78, PimHel wrote:
In post 76, Deltabacon wrote:I keep my eyes shut? What? That's a great elaboration of your argument. Why are you actually voting for me? Is it because I'm voting for you, or is it due to some more, incredibly elaborate and far-fetched reasoning?

NINJA'd: It's the implication of 'team' that disconcerts me. You paint it however you wish, I saw it as definite buddying, and there is no reason for town to buddy so blatantly.

With the ninja, you show exactly what I mean. You disregard any possibility. And that's scummy.

Because obv, I haven't mentioned why I find you scummy :roll:
There's a big difference between not answering and noit accepting an answer. You're doing the second and keep repeating it. No matter what's done, no matter what's said, you keep having your eyes shut. The only thing you're doing is tunnelvisioning. Call me anj unhelpful townie, at least I'm looking at every possibility. Something you're missing.
Now answer my question what your definition of buddying is.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 am

Post by PimHel »

P.S. Almost right after Yoshi started attacking me, I mentioned it was a joke. I even capatalised BACON to make it clear.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:05 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 128, thenewearth wrote:Inb4 everyone votes for himself

Not everyone. His idea might work, but only on those who have a case on them. Why would a player bother with L-1 when there is no lynch intent against them?
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Deltabacon »

I'll start looking at other possibilities when you convince me you aren't scum. Backpedalling and coming up with a case against me would be a nice start.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:24 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 131, PimHel wrote:
In post 78, PimHel wrote:
In post 76, Deltabacon wrote:I keep my eyes shut? What? That's a great elaboration of your argument. Why are you actually voting for me? Is it because I'm voting for you, or is it due to some more, incredibly elaborate and far-fetched reasoning?

NINJA'd: It's the implication of 'team' that disconcerts me. You paint it however you wish, I saw it as definite buddying, and there is no reason for town to buddy so blatantly.

With the ninja, you show exactly what I mean. You disregard any possibility. And that's scummy.

Because obv, I haven't mentioned why I find you scummy :roll:
There's a big difference between not answering and noit accepting an answer. You're doing the second and keep repeating it. No matter what's done, no matter what's said, you keep having your eyes shut. The only thing you're doing is tunnelvisioning. Call me anj unhelpful townie, at least I'm looking at every possibility. Something you're missing.
Now answer my question what your definition of buddying is.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Deltabacon »

That's your case? That's laughably pathetic.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:32 am

Post by PimHel »

Says the one who can't accept that I was joking in the RVS?
P.S. Definition of buddying?
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Deltabacon »

In post 130, Deltabacon wrote:

BUT WAIT - THATS NOT EVEN MY CASE ANYMORE.

Buddying - when overtly or subtly, a player tries to carry favor with other players to make themselves look more town.

In post 51, PimHel wrote:
So you vote Kid A basically for trying to look pro-town, yet you say this. Hypocricy?

Defending Kid A.

In post 73, PimHel wrote:@Kid A
There's nothing wrong voting a player who's voting you if you have good reasons, so why worry.

Direct address and reassurance.

In post 81, PimHel wrote:
@Kid A
Good vote. I'll look at the case later though

Complimentary statement, makes it look like you agree and will look at his opinion in more detail. You still haven't.

Kind of like that.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:50 am

Post by PimHel »

Oh, I thought I had mentioned it already. The vote is good, the case I don't believe in.

1. Buddying. I don't see how I buddied :S But thanks for the definition. Nice to know you're only calling me out, when it happens several times. Like I said, tunnelvision.
2. defending. Nope, calling AP out on something.
3. Reassurance. If you want to see it like that. My vision is that it's not OMGUS wehn you have good reasons.
4. Complimentary. Yes, because remembrance is scummy.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Deltabacon »

But you don't have good reasons.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Remembrance »

Since Kid A is at L-1 I will now actually build a case given what I have. Let's evaluate if he deserves to be hammered for his actions so far. And yes, my vote isn't random.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:44 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Deltabacon can now safely jump into the Town-pile.

Rem, what is your case on Kid A?
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Kid A trying to 'conftown' himself by self voting is really scummy.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:50 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 126, PimHel wrote:@Bacon.
Kid A: It's complicated, but it looks like it was a joke.
AP: It's awkward, but it's a joke.
Pim: It was a joke.

That's the similarity.
Anyway, I'd like to know what your definition of buddying is.
I've given my summary. And I'm not nthe type of player who posts a giant case. I look at posts that are made, point out what I don't like about it and collect data before going on a rampage.
And what I see from you is that you keep your eyes shut as to keep justifying your vote, while the reason has been disputed by some players already.

@TheNE
I disagree with your thoughts about clearing Bacon and remembrance for some speculation about the cult. We all know what we signed up for. And Bacon later showed that he knew that there was no team yet.

P.S. Bacon
Obv, you know my join date. Can you also tell me how many games I've completed?

@Yoshi, GIF (And remembrance?)
Could you guys elaborate for me why their playstyles make them town?

Meta

In post 125, Freshmaniscoolman wrote:AngryPidgeon, you didn't put yourself on that list. So I'll automatically assume you want to be placed under "Tigers be here".

Ur joking, right?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 143, AngryPidgeon wrote:Kid A trying to 'conftown' himself by self voting is really scummy.

cant win with some people

if someone hammers me while im gone and when i inevitably flip town you power roles should have a good clue as to who you need to use said roles on
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Then unvote yourself, wtf.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:58 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

For me, Scum is in {PimHel, Freshiscoolman}.

Discuss.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Kid A »

id rather get lynched so we can use power roles to stop the scum n1 and then kill them d2

scum is someone out of AP & remembrance as far as i can see but i wouldn't rule out deltabacon or pimhel - they've both had a mix of weird scummy plays and solid town plays
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Remembrance »

In post 19, Kid A wrote:VOTE: deltabacon

wanted to vote AP but it looks like everyone else did already

AP picked up on this, but let me further explain the reasoning. While he later explains his reasoning, for why does not put AP at L-2, the problem is, why mention it at all? He is directing our attention to his pro-towniness, which makes me think it is fake and he is trying to fit in.

Next we have the Yoshi vote. In RVS:

In post 31, Kid A wrote:/unvote]
VOTE: RandomYoshi
trying to read everyone based on one or two posts, not volunteering any explanation for his reads,
even when he does explain we get weak stuff like

In post 27, RandomYoshi wrote:Well the only one I'm slightly iffy about is AP, but AP's post is townish.

over
In post 10, AngryPidgeon wrote:ya. I sent a confirm in over pm, saw the thread open anyways and was like - lol JK.

how do you get any read from that - town or otherwise

I agree that you can get a read of GiF, but I can't see where he's coming from on any of his other reads
Pim's post is complicated, sure, but he was just pretending to overthink everything for a joke the way I see it

TNE's post was neutral too

^ the post itself is natural, but he gives Pimhel a way out by stating it is a joke. He also defends PimHel from here on out. Pimhel Reciprocaes and starts defending Kid A. Basically, these types of actions make me uneasy.

In post 56, Kid A wrote:ok apparently a pro town play is a scumtell
im going to
UNVOTE: randomyoshi
since i voted him for coming up with bullshit reasons but it looks like a few other people are doing similar bullshit so its not really a reliable scumtell

also the thing is a great movie whoever mentioned that

^ This is a reaction to the new votes on him. He backs off and it's unnatural to do so, he is saying, "Well if people will vote me for stupid reasons then I guess my reasoning is less valid, so I will unvote. Also, unvote me guys." He tries to looked relaxed by mentioning the movie, trying to fit in and get along.

In post 61, Kid A wrote:
In post 57, Remembrance wrote:
@Who are these most suspicious people? If you say me, I'mma have to slap you across the noggin and hit the other muppet.

well right now im seeing you casting suspicion on me (who i know is town) and pimhel who im reading as town
so id say you're looking suspicious or at least misled

^ Declares he is town, so this means I am the cult leader or misled.
But misled by who?
This got my scumdar going. Why mention the possibility of being misled, at this stage of the game? It's so early there's almost no way for me to be misled in the first place.

In post 62, Kid A wrote:
In post 59, PimHel wrote:
who are the others with bullshit reasons in your opinion and why not question them?

well as I said angrypidgeon seemed to think that a protown play was a scumtell but i don't really want to vote him and go in to omgus territory. <- Why doesn't he want to go into OMGUS territory? I should have asked this, so I'll ask it here..

In post 30, Deltabacon wrote:
'
We
don't have cookies, but
we
have bacon'? Who is
'we'
? Probably over-reading this, but I'm happy to join this bandwagon, for now, at least.

this is ridiculous as freshman rightly pointed out.

so with 3 people coming up with what i think is dumb reasoning i cant really vote anyone for it. <- This makes no sense, the trick is to find out who actually thinks their dumb reasoning is valid and finding the cult leader who may have jumped on, he's not too interested in this cult leader hunting business.

although id say angrypidgeon is leaning town because this
In post 36, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 27, RandomYoshi wrote:Well the only one I'm slightly iffy about is AP, but AP's post is townish. tne voted me to get some sort of reaction — say, if I was the Cult Leader, I probably would have framed tne at that point

Wait, you _know_ that tne was reaction testing you because you _would have_ reacted differently as scum? Or am I misunderstanding that?

was a nice catch

^ This is buddying #3

In post 71, Kid A wrote:i dont see the benefit in buddying someone in cult

if you thought someone was a strong player and wanted them to back you up wouldnt you just recruit them instead of get caught buddying them
'
^ Challenges the assertion that buddying is not suspicious on a day where the cult leader has no ability to protect themselves outside of their own cleverness and ability to misdirect people. They have no minions to lie for them. They're vulnerable, and they need assets to work with.

In post 79, Kid A wrote:think your vote on bacon is pretty sound but id rather go with remembrance now, he wasn't in the 3 i mentioned before but i reread and noticed something
VOTE: Remembrance

In post 58, Remembrance wrote:
Unvotes Yoshi when suspicions come upon him. Tries to discredit "bullshit reasons" for being voted. WIFOMS it. :facepalm: Packed with suspicious activity.

dont know if theres a proper term for it but ive seen a few people try and do this where they use facepalms and stuff like "packed with suspicious activity" to make it seem like someone is really scummy when he's actually only made one point there <- Anecdotes make me angry.

In post 57, Remembrance wrote:I already gave reasons. He is feigning being town. There's an awkwardness there that Town don't have.

In post 57, Remembrance wrote:
@Who are these most suspicious people? If you say me, I'mma have to slap you across the noggin and hit the other muppet.

and this is kind of "wow you'd have to be an idiot to vote me!",
I know it's a jokey post but the undertone is definitely there. Comes off as a little /too/ defensive since nobodys even accusing him of anything at this point <- There is an undertone, I announced I was town and since he might be the cult leader, I noted that he would naturally try to redirect a wagon, it would of course, be pathetic to turn that wagon on me, who just got here

In post 127, Kid A wrote:if it proves im town i am happy to put myself at l-1
UNVOTE: remembrance
VOTE: kid a[/vote?
dont agree with freshman being scummy tho

^newbie gambit? Possibly.

In post 145, Kid A wrote:
In post 143, AngryPidgeon wrote:Kid A trying to 'conftown' himself by self voting is really scummy.

cant win with some people

if someone hammers me while im gone and when i inevitably flip town you power roles should have a good clue as to who you need to use said roles on

^ This sounds familiar.

In post 148, Kid A wrote:id rather get lynched so we can use power roles to stop the scum n1 and then kill them d2

scum is someone out of AP & remembrance as far as i can see but i wouldn't rule out deltabacon or pimhel - they've both had a mix of weird scummy plays and solid town plays

^More martyrdom, but it makes no sense because he should be trying to continue to hunt, but instead is focused on this posible gambit. He'd rather power roles do their thing, (but what is likelihood the power roles will win the game for us?)

Personally, I think I have insufficient evidence as there are town tells in there too and it's a bit early to lynch someone. But maybe other people will notice things and we can decide from there.

Pimhel is number 2 for being a manipulative person.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”