NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.13:

Metal Overlord - Bulbazak, BT
The Acting Method - Titan, ms. marangal, human Destroyer, OtterHorse
Bulbazak - Reek, keybladewielder
Robocopter - rachmarie
Reek - Jennifer, Metal Overlord
Underachivers - Robocopter
keybladewielder - arcangel8, underachivers
RachMarie - Klick

Not Voting - antilles, The Acting Method

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-03-31 00:58:14) or by midnight on April 1st, 2013.

The Mastin2 head of The Underarchivers is V/LA until at least the end of March.

Jennifer replaces serrapaladin. Still searching for a replacement for Reek.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Jennifer »

Hi everyone! Looking forward to playing with all of you! (And looks like this game will be good practice at learning to read hydras, wow)

Heading into work now, but will get up to speed here later today. Let me know if there's anything in particular you think I should pay attention to.
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 am

Post by Metal Overlord »

MS: Hi Jennifer! Good luck with the game! It's only 20 pages so you could catch up real quick^.^

I see that my other head has created some... controversy and seems to have trouble appeasing the accusations from... this head's townreads.

I will try.

@BT Regarding #425, I honestly had trouble finding out what the problem was. In fact my eyes went from o.o to o.O(some arguments do not make sense)

"Nah, being all "I'm townreading this dude but I really want to vote him anyway" has 0 benefit for town because it just opens options / acts as a derailer, which means it's more likely to come from scum, like I said." I honestly do hope that you understand that KX was trolling. HD is obviously a townread, Kx and HD and me have been friends for a long time(them more than me), and a joke or two... is quite normal.

and I don't really find these accusations indicative of scum ,maybe you could explain? Bad play =/= Scum
"I think you're using MS's existence as an excuse to overdefend your slot. Not to mention it's an attempt at making people go easy on you, but yeah."

"Are you hopeful that I'm only trying to pressure you? That's cringe-worthy. I think you're scum and you're reading the justification."

Yeah those were... weird. Sorry but I have no idea how to respond to them. But for Bulbazak, since his style is rather similar to mine, I guess I can respond to him.

"So...not for scumhunting. Gotcha. Also, you were in no danger of being lynched. Explanation rejected." Yeah I didn't think I was in danger of being lynched either, but KX talked to me on the chat and said that "if he didnt post the reads I would have been lynched". So I guess that KX genuinely felt that he was in danger of being lynched(wagons build up fast) and therefore posted the "peacemaker" reads. *shrugs*

"Your reads list was not to find scum... Fascinating..." lol

"Except if you had read through the thread, you would have gotten all the context you needed. Thus, those reads should have been all that was needed. Fact of the matter is, you went about it backwards. ISOs are nice, because they give you a bit of overview on a person's actions without reading through the thread. They're good time-wise for getting quick reads or going over your reads. However, if you want the best reads possible, you go through the entire thread, because then you get everything in context. However, you're claiming to have done the opposite: looking at context for preliminary reads and then without to finalize. Like I said, backwards. Sounds like someone got caught." Sounds like noobtown instead of scum to me. I mean, lazy towns probably won't bother to go through the entire thread just to "get everything in context" I probably wouldn't either. Caught for laziness? Yeah. Caught for Scum? Not necessarily.

"And what's your point?" lol

"No there isn't, unless you're saying that we have a neutral party in the game, which is impossible given the setup. Therefore, null and neutral mean the exact same thing." Bulbazak is right. There are only 2 scum factions in this game; they are either scum, not scum or unknown. Neutral = notsure = unknown = null. But despite this, I fail to see how this is a scumtell.

"Sounds like town pacification to me." lol

"Not scumslips. Scumtells. Two different things. Scumtells are what we use to hunt scum and are the basis of our reads. Yet, you never judged anyone's alignment base on scumtells of any kind. It was entirely based off of playstyle, which makes it read fake.

Can we please lynch this guy now?" Well, for starters you're going to need more evidence than that. I agree that most of your points here are true and accurate, but the problem here is that they aren't scumtells. Not at all. I have seen a majority of (bad) town players guilty of such things, one or another, and once again I repeat that bad play =/= scum. Bad play are grounds for a policy lynch, but you are incorrect that there is mounting evidence and scumtells to lynch me and my other head.

Once again I support you for your attempt at the self-vote and I support you for the useful reads and finger pointing you have done for the town.

I hope we can work together for the town. We would make a great scumhunter team. There are no night kills so I believe it is safe to play my best without fear of sniped in the night.
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 am

Post by Metal Overlord »

^When I said lol I meant that I agree with his point.

Just some clarification
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Titan »

Woah metal sonic - when responding to someone please either use the quote feature or put a link or something to what you're quoting. Something to make it more readable.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 am

Post by Titan »

In post 451, Metal Overlord wrote:Sorry MS, but Cool Story Bros. Lynch me. I want you all to know what it's like to be wrong. GL mafia, but with this lot, you have nothing to fear.

:facepalm: I feel like you deserve a trophy or something for writing the worst post in the thread thus far.

Weren't you the head going on about quality post nonsense? You should probably let your other head do the posting.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Titan »

In post 465, OtterHorse wrote:
In post 464, Klick wrote:@OtterHorse: What's your opinion of TUA?

Null-scum for me, no clue on other half of this 'hydra'. I would be fine enough with the lynch but I think a lot of it is "NC is just horrible at this game" more than anything else. Kinda reminds me of when I hydra'd with Whiskers a long time ago, one competent player who has to try and bail out their other half.

TAM/Antilles/KBW are just far superior for all being scummy AND anti-town/VI/etc.

I don't get the impression people are all "nc" is bad at the game. Mastin's posts were pretty meh, and Nero not really jumping in is worrisome to me.
Half troll/Half wall.

TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

Let the alt think what he wants. Anyone with half a brain knows that I'm actually pretty darn good. I mean yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in myself that I'm having a hard time getting into this game. I promised Tammy a post where I'd yell at folks and I fully intend to see that through.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

Let the alt think what he wants. Anyone with half a brain knows that I'm actually pretty darn good. I mean yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in myself that I'm having a hard time getting into this game. I promised Tammy a post where I'd yell at folks and I fully intend to see that through.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Jennifer »

I'm on page 12! My eyes started glazing over, so I need a break.

tl;dr At this point people I'd consider lynching would be BT, Titan, Keybladewielder, Titan, Robo, MO. Initially Bulb as well but I'm starting to come around on him. People I'd definitely not lynch are HD and AA (maybe because I've played with them before.. getting same vibe).

Notes:
Spoiler:
Post 11 - hate Bulbazak's self-vote. If I started playing from the beginning, I would have voted him after this post. I like that Robo and Reek did vote him and Titan addressed it, I don't like that the people that followed ignored the self-vote (Underachievers, OtterHorse, RachMarie, Metal Overlord)

Becomes a discussion sparked by Reek over whether to policy vote a self-voter.
- post 31 Arc says no and votes Reek. Weird to vote Reek even if don't agree with policy lynches.

p33 - I don't like Titan calling Bulbazak scum but then voting Rachmarie in next post. Even in the post where he calls Bulb scum, he's hedging.

p 35 - I don't understand BT's posts. He votes for Bulbazak but he seems to be defending against a PL.Don't like his follow-up response in 37/39

43 - Finally Bulb starts playing and votes BT. Explains his 'gambit' in 47... still don't like it. Voting yourself is playing against your win-con :/

56 - I don't agree with Underachievers that BT-Bulb is "incredibly town." BT's posts at that point aren't townie ones. Also don't agree with his Reek-scum read on p.59

Mention of AA and whether she reads town here based on meta. I just finished playing with her and don't have a good feel for whether that translates here (my play that game was awful..).

71 - Not a fan of Bulb vote here because he's already voted someone else and starting to show signs of scumhunting. I think best vote is either Titan or BT at the moment.

72 - I like AA calling him out and pushing for reads.
76 - I like HD calling Titan out and subsequent posts. Getting town read.

87 - I don't really get the whole asking-hydra-to-claim scumtell. I've only played with one hydra before which was confusing when they had conflicting reads, so it helped that I knew who thought what., so I could see if inconsistency was by one person or because they have a difference of opinion.

88 - don't agree with Underachivers that Titan/BT lean town

Discussion re RVS hydra-voting as scum tell between Unarchivers (I keep wanting to write underACHIEVERs, ugh) and AA.
- Not feeling this debate on either side
Discussion on value of meta from hydras

120 - I like the pressure back on Keybladewielder started by AA. BT joins pressure though no explanation.

125/126 - not liking Titan's "content" - unexplained vote on BT post 129 (scum partners?)

Discussion on BT sheeping btw Titan/AA.
-
Robo asking for town reads on himself :/
- don't like Robo's lack of involvement and fluff posting
- don't like Titan ignoring Robo's fluff while posting

Discussion re Marangal being scum (essentially for not contributing). her response okish. seems busy but trying, time will tell.

161 - TAM not involved.

163 - Titan brings up newbtown v. scum argument again.. .why? Nice detailed thoughts though. Though not sure why after all that analysis he would would vote a lurker (TAM).

175 - "Hmmm" from Jeybladewielder... insightful. Followed by 180.. insightful again. :/
176 - How does Bulb get a town read from BT again?

177 - Otterhorse defending Titan over not realizing game nightless. I don't agree it's a town tell. Null at best.

186 - POST CONTENT!!! My vote would be on Keybladewielder by now.

MM is feeling town to me. (though don't agree on Titan)

TAM - more fluff 201

225/227 ??

235 - MO complaining about quality of posts while adding nothing of substantive itself. :/ Advocating policy lynch.

RachMarie - not sure what to think of her yet

245 - good post by Bulb

[MORE THAN HALF WAY DONE... WOOHOO!]
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Klick »

I really like that post.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 328, Antilles wrote:Human Destroyer and Bulbazak feel town.

Who do you think is scum? Vote or do something. It's like you and TAM and KBW are in competition to see who can be the scummiest and get lynched first but at least KBW is voting.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 333, RachMarie wrote:

MM we know you think TAM is scum, but you are tunneling, what about the rest of the players?

UA WTF??? What is your reasoning.

How is she tunneling?

What are your reads?

And, why, 20 pages later is your vote still on the vote you laid down in rvs?
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 361, BT wrote:
In post 229, Titan wrote:
Because it's arthur? He probably missed it, and yes even though he quoted the very post it was asked in, he has a tendency to miss things or overlook them. As do I, but probably less than Arthur does. If you want a specific question answered, sometimes you just have to ask it again.

Still bothered me. Even some kind of hint that he registered the question would have sufficed, but, actually, thinking about it now, if he reads me as null and it was more of an earlygame thing, he MAY have chosen to ignore it due to reaction-fishing-related reasons. So yeah, okay.

Okay. I know he answers this later on, but if someone misses something or forgets about it they can't really register the question and address it. You have played with Arthur so I'm not sure why it surprises you that he might miss or forget a question like this.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 401, Ms Marangal wrote:@Titan

IDK? I can put it back if you want? I'll probably get that vibe again when I read (is thinking that was Tammy)

Actually that was arthur. I actually didn't notice you hadn't included us in the later post.

But, why would you put it back if we want? If you're town and your read changed it did, you could point out why, but I don't know why you would just want to put it back because arthur called you out.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 412, Metal Overlord wrote:
All of MO's reads are based off of playstyle and not scumtells. It feels manufactured. It looks as if its only purpose is to placate town. Also, those reads do not match his previous post of reads on which I originally questioned him about.
Well obviously it was manufactured, the whole point of it was to keep MS here from being lynched.

wha? *looks up at vote count at time of reads* You had one vote on you and were hardly a topic of a front runner to being lynched. Why did you think manufactured reads would actually help your slot (which didn't look overly bad in the first place?)?

kx wrote:
Also, the question is, based on the reads, what do you assume my alignment is?

I hate to break it to you, but posting a list of reads in a large which says a little something about everyone and looks like your just assigning alignments to everyone for the sake of it, doesn't look town. What it looks like is someone who is trying to appease town. Some people do it as part of their playstyle, and I looked and you as town did do this in a non-large game, but it's something that looks scummy from the outside if it's not known to be part of your particular playstyle. Just saying. And the reads were kinda meh.

kx wrote:
And, in case you missed it, I didn't say I had null reads, I said people read neutral. It's an important distinction considering I specifically said I planned on posting farther.

And this is a semantic debate. The two things are the same as far as reads go, and this does happen to be a scumtell of sorts. Scum love to get into this kind of debate because it has nothing to do with alignments. If you're town, in the future, just give your strongest reads and reasons if you want. There's no reason at all to manufacture or push something if you're not sure, and there's no reason to mention it if you aren't sure. You don't have to give reads lists to keep from getting lynched, just look natural.

kx wrote:
Also, the post wasn't made to "answer your questions" they were made since the original part was incomplete, and didn't fully accomplish what I wished. You say that my reads seem based more on playstyle then scumslips. I'm sorry, but how does that make them any less valid, at least when I consider content and content quality as part of playstyle? Also, I happened to see any scumslips that could be called such, I believe I pointed them out. On the subject of changing reads, with the exception of Robo, I think my reads actually remained congruent throughout. Forgive me for not making my posts so manufactured that I went back to make sure they matched with all previous ones. As for the neutral reads, sorry if that wasn't made clear, that was for people who nothing specific stood out about upon a brief read through, so effectively consider no reads at all there. Check the second post for actual neutral reads. ~KX

But, you did say they were manufactured. And playstyle does not equate to alignment, that is why some of your reads look scummy. Playstyle is pretty much something that is neutral; most people develop their playstyle within about 10-15 games and it doesn't change a whole lot regardless of their alignment beyond things like lurking or tone. How can you judge content quality when you don't know anything about a person. For instance, I think my posts have been quite content quality for the most part though you don't agree. Have you looked into my scum v town meta to see if my quality here matches how I play regularly as each alignment? Or Arthur's? Until you have a baseline to judge on that sort of thing you really can't make an alignment decision on things like that.

That is why your reads look like they're scum motivated because they look like they're nitpicking on playstyle things rather than actually alignment relevant things. And scum often have a difficult time really trying to make town people look scummy, so they tend to pick up on weird things like that.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Titan »

BT - Can you explain to me what your problem is with Ms Marangal because I don't see it. Also, can you not quote stripe and comment on just posts, it's making me antsier about you.
Half troll/Half wall.

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 489, Titan wrote:
In post 401, Ms Marangal wrote:@Titan

IDK? I can put it back if you want? I'll probably get that vibe again when I read (is thinking that was Tammy)

Actually that was arthur. I actually didn't notice you hadn't included us in the later post.

But, why would you put it back if we want? If you're town and your read changed it did, you could point out why, but I don't know why you would just want to put it back because arthur called you out.

my read didn't change, though I had found it a little strange that he had called out on the fact that I didn't add you guys into my T/S list. I was interested in how he would have reacted to my response.

I'm town-reading your reaction alot stronger then Arthur's one though
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 416, BT wrote:
So I do think Marangal is scum (TITAN this reminds me of Maenara from Mafiastuck after I'd already caught him and every one of his posts were meh and no one was listening to me) and I don't see the overflowing towniness from this towntell discussion. I think my vote will be better on MO though.

Don't even tell me about Maenara and mafiastuck, we had her as a scum read before shenanigans, but how much hell did we go through to get Sanjay/DGB gone when no one believed us?
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Titan »

*Crap hit enter, but I don't see the same thing with Marangal, so I'd like you to explain it.
Half troll/Half wall.

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

BT thinking that I'm scum because of something Mae did a couple games ago is highly amusing.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 495, Ms Marangal wrote:BT thinking that I'm scum because of something Mae did a couple games ago is highly amusing.

tbf I don't think he's saying that. He's saying he thinks you're scum and is telling us it felt like when he caught scum in another game and no one listened to him. (Although it's kinda faulty because a lot of people thought that person was scum but shenanigans were involved.)
Half troll/Half wall.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Keybladewielder and The Acting Method have been prodded.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 448, RachMarie wrote:Question are we sure it is one scum team of 5? Or could it be 2 scum teams? I wondered because in Author Mafia, that threw me off.

Gods I want to call this a fake dumb tell, but in Ladies Night I was a driving force behind your lynch for a very similar thing...so I'm just going to sit here and silently *twitch*
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Titan »

*mislynch even
Half troll/Half wall.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”