Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

That's fairly reasonable.

As said, I will reply in due time, but I have some VC analysis to post before anything happens.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:02 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

EBWOP: I mean that the question in and of itself is reasonable.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Doing ISO's now. I suggest everyone else ISO the other players and build their cases.

Remember, at this point, it's only 3 to lynch. This means that if you vote for someone, and both scum players vote for someone, we lose.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

So if anyone parks a vote, I will slap them.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:04 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

3) that's because me and Rem are friends :D the reason that I replaced in this game in the first place was to play mafia with him. My "antagonism" was to get his reaction most of the time. I began to dislike his reactions. I pushed him more. That's what was happening D1.

4) he obviously asked me specifically to present my read because I wasn't around D2. I didn't see anything wrong with it. So you justify your OMGUS with reaction testing? Justifying one's scummy action with the excuse of reaction testing is scummy.

5) "I'm VT and you're scum because you're attacking me." Hmm... Guess who found that scummy D1?
You did? Why would you do something that you yourself found scummy?
Speaking of claims, why did you claim yesterday? You had no reason to claim at all yesterday.

@RY: that popcorn was for fos. Not claim.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1153, Varsoon wrote:So if anyone parks a vote, I will slap them.

VOTE: Varsoon

Slap me.

UNVOTE:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1154, GuyInFreezer wrote:3) that's because me and Rem are friends :D the reason that I replaced in this game in the first place was to play mafia with him. My "antagonism" was to get his reaction most of the time. I began to dislike his reactions. I pushed him more. That's what was happening D1.

4) he obviously asked me specifically to present my read because I wasn't around D2. I didn't see anything wrong with it. So you justify your OMGUS with reaction testing? Justifying one's scummy action with the excuse of reaction testing is scummy.

5) "I'm VT and you're scum because you're attacking me." Hmm... Guess who found that scummy D1?
You did? Why would you do something that you yourself found scummy?
Speaking of claims, why did you claim yesterday? You had no reason to claim at all yesterday.

@RY: that popcorn was for fos. Not claim.

You should avoid playing games with your friends.

I think you don't understand the point behind my response.
Another nice strawman, though.
However, my exact response was more along the lines of 'I am claiming VT and, by mounting an offense based on such little evidence and so much hyperbole, you are simultaneously making yourself an easy target and looking more scum.'

It's clear why I made a claim in the very post that I made a claim in. Good try, though. For those who don't want to ISO and look at post 1106, Nacho calls me out on my quickhammer and I make my claim for VT.

Hilarious that scum then kills Nacho in order to
1) Silence the most experienced player left in the game.
2) Make me look like scum by killing the last person to really question me.

In fact, GIF calling attention to my claim is probably him laying the tracks for making this argument against me. However, you should understand a few things about me.
My playstyle is methodical and is wrapped in very close attention to everything that I write and submit.
If I was scum, do you really think I'd make such a stupid move as killing the player who mounted the best claim against me?
It'd be a petty and obvious NK, and so, I feel some pity for the scum in this game, since they clearly think so little of me that they figure they can paint me as the sort of player who would make such a night kill.

Reading over this, Yoshi's going to hate how WIFOMesque this sounds.

As far as finding role-claiming D1 scummy, yeah, it is. I made my claim in lylo. Role-claiming with 9 players on board is scummy because there is the benefit of the doubt as well as the fact that it has no credibility. Role-claiming after making a quickhammer on D2 and putting the game in lylo? An entirely different situation.

GIF, could you please look at the other players as well? You do realize that there are two scum players, right? I could never be both of them, no matter how much I'd like to be.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:35 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

That same post 1106 is what's making your claim scummy - it's not just a claim, but a claim with AtE.

For other ppl, I'm still waiting for fuzzy and RY to answer my question (other than the #5) and my other scum suspect isn't even here. So till then, we can continue discussing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

My ISO of ANG:

In post 17, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:I have only played one newbie game before this one, so I'm about as close to newbie as you can get.

And I'm sorry yoshi, but I have to agree with NS here.

Positions himself as a noob-player. Somewhat of a buddying move with me.

In post 40, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:
In post 38, Varsoon wrote:
In post 37, RandomYoshi wrote:
In post 36, Varsoon wrote:In fact, if you were town, wouldn't you want to discuss things that might possibly lead to our success?

Yes, of course I'd want to discuss things that are beneficial for us Townies to win. I just wanted you to highlight how it could be contributing to our success as Town. In fact, all I wanted to know was your mindset behind the topics you brought up. Now that you have explained satisfactorily how it can help our success as Town, my question has been thoroughly answered.

Fairnuff, but I won't change my vote until we get some more discussion rolling.
I feel like I might be too chatty, but I think it's really important that we all chat as much as possible.
The best way we can route out the scum is to talk a lot. This way, the people who aren't as active are under scrutiny and scum is forced to be more social, leading to a higher chance of slipping up. We should hold a quota of so many posts per real-time day. Falling under the quota doesn't benefit town at all, and so those are people we can lynch if we don't agree on a definitive mafia target.

Does this sound like a good plan, everyone?

Super eager and ready to get the ball rolling. I like this guy.

And it's a great plan! Discussion is our greatest weapon. In my first newbie game I started getting really frustrated because the game wasn't active enough for me. It makes it nearly impossible to move forward when it's day 3 and most of the people in the game aren't even saying anything.

Let's not forget that people do have real lives, however. So it should be something within reason. I'm thinking like 4-5 posts per day?

Here, more buddying. I don't like that he agrees with my plan so quickly, then retracts when everyone else points out that it was a bad one. If anyone failed my litmus test, it was ANG.

In post 110, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:
In post 81, fuzzybutternut wrote:@ANG- Never think that scum WON'T do something. Ever. Scum are actually more inclined to claim a PR, and I can point you to games where that HAS happened. IF we do have a cop, do not claim if you get an innocent, and if you get a guilty, subtly claim. I made this mistake in a game of mine, and was lynched (town still won though). Keep in mind, this was Day 2. Newb scum are less inclined to do it, but it's still there as an option. Never underestimate scum.

I mean, I can see why scum would want to claim a pr if they could get away with it. I just thought in this setup it would be a big risk, and a 1-for-1 in a 9 player game seems to be better for town.

My reads so far:

Varsoon I think is likely town. The subject matter of his posts isn't always helpful to town, but his attitude and mindset just seem town to me. He's kind of dominated the conversation, and I struggle to imagine a guy who was scum in his first game ever being that confident.

Yoshi is null at this point. I liked him out of the gate, but his read on varsoon seemed to change suddenly when fuzzy came in and voted him. He forgot me in his first post, then suddenly remembered I was his biggest scumread for supporting an idea he also supported. That just doesn't seem natural.

Nobody Special seems like he is either uninterested or frustrated. That could be due to scum alignment but there is nothing that makes me dislike him to this point.

Fuzzy is a slight town read for me. I like how he came in and got the game moving somewhat. He seems like he is trying to help us all out, but at the same time it's a newbie game so I'm paranoid of more experienced players.

Nacho is really difficult to read. I don't think he's really said much (I'm posting on my phone, so I'm doing what I can from memory, as going back and forth for every player isn't worth the time nor the effort right now)

Nothing stands out about anybody else so far. I might make a follow-up post after this one once I read back over some more

The initial doubt of Yoshi looks to be shifting weight onto him, which could be a tactic post-varsoon buddying, ergo, getting me and other players to pay more attention to Yoshi. He acknowledges here that I am one of the most 'pro-town' players and that I am active, and so by shifting focus, especially my focus, onto Yoshi, he may be setting up for an early Mislynch, provided that Yoshi is town and he is scum.

Calls NS out as scum. We all now know NS is town. Not that big of a slip, though. Everyone's considered NS to be scum at one point.

He gives Fuzzy a town-read, despite Fuzzy's introduction reading as really scummy to me. This is the biggest slip, to me, as it comes at a point when things were pretty heated about Fuzzy. It seems almost too much like he's trying to diffuse a situation. I'll pay more attention to Goku/Fuzzy's relationship after the switch.

In post 183, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Whoa. I missed the No lynch vote because it came between my catching up posts.

Yeah, you should not do that. No lynching just gives scum a free kill and we gain no information from the day.

Allying with town, but using good logic to do so.

In post 244, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:UNVOTE: NS

I'm not quite sold on fuzzy being scum here. To me it reads more like he's just got the wrong idea about no lynch. If this was some crucial part of the game, like tied lynches or something, and he refused to pick a side, then that would be a much bigger concern for me. I could be biased because I'm also struggling to form a solid scum read on anyone, but I can at least see why fuzzy would argue the position.

@fuzzy, 1) why did you claim? Nobody stated intent to hammer, nor did anyone ask for a claim. If there is anything about the whole exchange that makes me not like you, it's that. It felt rushed.

2) You really should just let it go. No lynch obviously isn't going to happen today, so you're just wasting your time with it.

Still seems to be trying to diffuse the entire Fuzzy situation, especially after the No Lynch happened.

Anyway, if there's anything that I'm getting from this, it's that ANG practically ignored people who lurked and only focused on his interactions with the active players of the game, with whom he's seen buddying with people who are still alive today and claiming scum on those who are not.

However, nothing here betrays a hard scum-slip to me. In fact, a lot of this reads similarly to how I considered NS when I made the case for him being town in D1.

ISO'ing Goku soon.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also i'd really want to know why you claimed yesterday. I'm not seeing why.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1157, GuyInFreezer wrote:That same post 1106 is what's making your claim scummy - it's not just a claim, but a claim with AtE.

For other ppl, I'm still waiting for fuzzy and RY to answer my question (other than the #5) and my other scum suspect isn't even here. So till then, we can continue discussing.

I can see the AtE when I say "If you trust me on anything, trust me on this."

However, it's a bit weak to say that my entire claim of being VT relied solely on that.

Another thing I'm noticing--
What I said about the NK on Nacho, with it possibly working in favor of painting suspicion on townies who Nacho made strong cases against:
Nacho also made a very good case against Goku/ANG. I'm going to be paying more attention to my own ISO of Goku as well as Nacho's case against him, but, please, keep in mind that the NK on Nacho is a possible scum tactic to have attention put onto one of us.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1159, GuyInFreezer wrote:Also i'd really want to know why you claimed yesterday. I'm not seeing why.

I quickhammered someone.
He flipped town.
We were put in lylo.
The most experienced player in the game began to build a case against me.

I'd love it if you'd actually read my posts. I've said all of these things at least once before.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Goku and fuzzy are the Scum.

Discuss.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

When I'm asking you a question like that, that's because I really can't find the answer among your post. Telling me to ISO won't work. Because I already read them and I still won't be able to find it. (Well maybe sometimes I just forget.) So just telling me would be faster for both you and me.
/englishismysecondlanguage

That's the only reason? You were just afraid that IC was making a case against you? Noted.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

Before I ISO Goku:

In post 1095, Nachomamma8 wrote:But if Varsoon is town, he generally has natural thought processes going for him, he has sticking his neck out a lot, he has natural reads, he has natural interactions with me, he has a hard-to-fake tone that draws people to calling him town as fuck. However, with the quickhammer he falls down pretty fucking far in the good books, and during the next day he needs to be pinned down and forced to give a full reads list with no nulls and explain why the fuck he quickhammered. What I hate most about this whole situation is how he was willing to be active and engage UNTIL I called him out for the bullshit quickhammer.

In honor of Nacho, I am doing this with my ISOs. There will be NO Null reads, and I will explain in full detail, every reason why I quickhammered after this ISO. Honestly, re-reading this is what makes me put GIF in town-territory pre-ISO. GIF is currently pinning me down, and is trying everything he can to get the best read on me as is possible. I engaged with this in order to try to get a good read on GIF, and I was leaning pretty town before reading what Nacho posted here. Like I said, this might change when I ISO, but for now, I'm seeing GIF as town. You're very right to pressure/tunnel me the way you are doing, and I will continue to engage and respond, as I feel that it gives everyone really good information to work on in regards to both of us.

In post 1080, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 7, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:This would start the same time as my other game.

VOTE: Nobody Special

Clearly has nothing to offer!

sounds fake as shit

In post 11, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:
In post 9, kuror0 wrote:Hello everybody, let's have a nice game. I'm one of your SE's, so if you have any question about rules and stuff like that you can ask me and i will try to guide you in the right way.

VOTE: Normal Guy

He is creepy.

You're breaking my heart :cry:

subtle AtE

In post 17, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:I have only played one newbie game before this one, so I'm about as close to newbie as you can get.

And I'm sorry yoshi, but I have to agree with NS here.

...he says as he continues to vote NS
the apologizing to Yoshi also feels off, could be a buddy tell, could not be a buddy tell

In post 40, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Super eager and ready to get the ball rolling. I like this guy.

And it's a great plan! Discussion is our greatest weapon. In my first newbie game I started getting really frustrated because the game wasn't active enough for me. It makes it nearly impossible to move forward when it's day 3 and most of the people in the game aren't even saying anything.

Let's not forget that people do have real lives, however. So it should be something within reason. I'm thinking like 4-5 posts per day?

sucking up hard to varsoon

In post 65, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Well, kuror0 makes valid points. Forcing people to talk could create unnecessary fluff for scum to hide behind.

@SE's/IC (can't remember who..I'm on my phone right now and looking back would be a hassle): has anything like this been done before, that you've seen? I can see both the pros and cons, but it would be good if I could look at a past game where the town did this.

holding back to much, no vote down still

In post 110, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Nobody Special seems like he is either uninterested or frustrated. That could be due to scum alignment but there is nothing that makes me dislike him to this point.

Nacho is really difficult to read. I don't think he's really said much (I'm posting on my phone, so I'm doing what I can from memory, as going back and forth for every player isn't worth the time nor the effort right now)

hate when people are just like "Nacho is hard to read", but I grin and bear it most of the time
NS bit is odd because he is null, could be scum, but there's nothing wrong with him
scum are afraid to take positions on buddies a lot of the time, NS strong partner tell

In post 183, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Whoa. I missed the No lynch vote because it came between my catching up posts.

Yeah, you should not do that. No lynching just gives scum a free kill and we gain no information from the day.

cool this gives us nothing

In post 244, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:UNVOTE: NS

I'm not quite sold on fuzzy being scum here. To me it reads more like he's just got the wrong idea about no lynch. If this was some crucial part of the game, like tied lynches or something, and he refused to pick a side, then that would be a much bigger concern for me. I could be biased because I'm also struggling to form a solid scum read on anyone, but I can at least see why fuzzy would argue the position.

@fuzzy, 1) why did you claim? Nobody stated intent to hammer, nor did anyone ask for a claim. If there is anything about the whole exchange that makes me not like you, it's that. It felt rushed.

2) You really should just let it go. No lynch obviously isn't going to happen today, so you're just wasting your time with it.

no idea why he unvoted
seems like an awkward hop of a wagon followed with posturing and getting ready to jump on the next one
not scum with fuzzy

In post 627, Goku wrote:
In post 603, Varsoon wrote:
Scum won't Lynch itself
Scum is playing it safe
Scum is making us doubt each other
Scum is building cases for future mislynches

I disagree with most of these on principal.

Scum will actually lynch itself, and in some situations, it's best if scum lynches itself.
Scum will sometimes play it safe, but it's also common for scum to be very vocal and pro-town. Those are, infact, the worst kind of scum, because they're hard to read and harder to lynch.
Scum doesn't always play deceptive games. Newb-scum specifically has a tendency to lie low so hard that they forget to scumhunt. Town tends to feel the most deceptive because they believe in what they say, and sometimes they say ridiculous things, and make lapses in judgement. Most town-lynches are actually lead by town, funny enough. Scum are the ones cheering on the sidelines.

nitpicky as fuck, useless as fuck
IIoA

In post 1066, Goku wrote:So wait, you don't like that he put you at L-1, so you put him at L-1?

this has essentially been Goku's whole game outside of that
potshot, potshot, potshot
what are your reads?

I largely agree with Nacho's assessment of ANG, especially after my ISO. At first, I saw it as possible scum-targeting, but with Nacho confirmed as town, it seems a lot more credible. I'll speak towards my read on Goku post-ISO.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1162, RandomYoshi wrote:Goku and fuzzy are the Scum.

Discuss.

Getting towards this with my ISOs. Way to spoil all the suspense. Then again, this play is pretty Yoshi. You've always been one to point out the obvious, and while I've felt that it was super-scummy to do so, I will have to reconsider it a little. I don't know if this is Yoshi saying he truly thinks Goku and Fuzzy are scum, or if it's scumYoshi saying that because Varsoon thinks that's the most likely scumteam, let's focus our town-power there. I'm going to go with the first of those, but let me finish my ISOs before I start to truly decide who is and who isn't scum.

In post 1163, GuyInFreezer wrote:When I'm asking you a question like that, that's because I really can't find the answer among your post. Telling me to ISO won't work. Because I already read them and I still won't be able to find it. (Well maybe sometimes I just forget.) So just telling me would be faster for both you and me.
/englishismysecondlanguage

That's the only reason? You were just afraid that IC was making a case against you? Noted.

Stopping my ISOs here to explain, in full detail, every bit of my decision to lynch NS.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

Reasons behind my Quickhammer:

I hope that I can explain this in a step-by-step manner from the onset of Day 2.

1. Rem flips town.
2. NS is the person who hammered Rem. This makes me heavily suspicious. Especially since he did so without very much explanation as to why.
3. Kur0 is killed at night. One of the last posts Kur0 made was that he was going to go after NS if Rem flipped town. This plays to my earlier theory that scum is NK'ing targets who build suspicion against other townies. The same thing happened to Nacho, who started to build a case against me at the end of Day 2. If I'm lynched, scum wins via this tactic. On day 2, however, I fell for it, and suspected that NS was the one behind the NK of Kur0.
4. Nacho, who I believe to be the voice of reason in this game, voted for NS.
5. I respond on post 1057 by voting NS, speaking towards point #3 and point #1.
6. Post 1059. NS disengages and leaves to dinner. Say's he'll make posts later that night. He never does.
7. I pull back on the NS wagon, suspecting that Nacho could be pushing it for that early lynch. It's here that I begin to suspect that Nacho is scum and I go back to my initial reasoning that NS is just inactive town.
8. I see Yoshi put NS back at L-1. Having built cases against Yoshi in the past, I see this as a chance to quickhammer NS, who could be scum, and if he flips town, to have pretty definitive evidence that Yoshi is scum for putting NS at L-1.
9. I was frustrated with the length of our game.
10. I wanted to move on to other games. (This and 9 are evident in post 1106)
11. I was pressured IRL to get off the computer by a friend, who wanted to record more of a LP series we were doing, since he had to leave in about an hour or so.
12. With all of this in mind, I quickhammered NS, crossed my fingers that he was scum, and was hopeful that if he flipped town, it'd give me vital info on my usual scum-suspect, Yoshi.

Reviewing this, it seems quite strange that Yoshi is pushing for Fuzzy/Goku lynches so hard after I dropped the hammer. Why wouldn't he be pushing a lynch on me, or on Nacho, or even GIF?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Sounds reasonable, except for #8.

So you quickhammered NS, who you oscillated between him being town and scum, because you can push RY today? Wat?
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

I still don't get how Nobody Special being Town ⇒ RandomYoshi being Scum is true. With his final words, he even admitted to tunnelling me more than he was happy to admit. He spoke of the scumteam being fuzzy/Goku, and if nobody came up as obvscum, Nacho was supposed to be scrutinised with attacks of various degrees.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

You still didn't tell me why you think I'm town, RY.
Also what is "scruntinised?"
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Expect that post being up i an hour, GuyInFreezer.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:06 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

EBWOP: *in (goddamnit phoneposting)
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

This is why GuyInFreezer is Town:

In post 530, GuyInFreezer wrote:VOTE: RandomYoshi

When he made this post, I was at L-1. But he was already voting me. Me being aware that the next vote I received would hammer me, I reacted like I was
actually hammered
— on top of that, I posted my fake gravestone as a claim, and put the line "Mislynched for stupid reasons". Following along with that, we have the next post from GuyInFreezer:
In post 536, GuyInFreezer wrote:Rem, you're next.

@RY: That's not helping at all. If you're a town, give us your final reads, etc.

If his vote really
was
the hammering vote, he would have wanted the hammered person to share his final reads. While this isn't a tell in and of itself, his intention behind it was not scum-driven at all. During this particular part of the game, he exactly knew why he voted me: it was to test how I would react to having one more vote on me, so he
knew
I wouldn't be lynched if I got another vote on me.
In post 572, GuyInFreezer wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm confident calling RY town now. The reaction from him was genuine.

Reasoning that his reaction test bore fruit, he closed it. According to him, he had acquired satisfying results from the test. He had tested how I would react if I was hammered, which I obviously wasn't. He was also inclined to give me
a second chance
. There is absolutely no Scum-motivation behind doing so. If he was Scum, he would just have steamrolled over the reaction test, and called me Scum anyway.
In post 600, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Somebody's mad for RY not getting lynched.

While he had Varsoon as a townread of his, he is able to attack those who he considers to be Town when they bring up statements that he does not agree with. Were he Scum, he would just have dismissed that, using their trust of him during an eventual state of LyLo to vote a Townie. There just is no Scum-motivation behind this post whatsoever.
In post 648, GuyInFreezer wrote:I would like to ask Rem what made him get a townread on me all of the sudden.

Town can become really, really anxious if somebody suddenly has an unexplained townread on them. Scum could townread a Townie, get lynched, subsequently shifting blame upon the townread Townie. Again, this has Town-motivations behind it, and I cannot see Scum asking this question. In fact, Scum
loves
to get townreads. In conclusion,
it makes no sense for Scum-GuyInFreezer to question a townread on him, and therefore he cannot be Scum
In post 742, GuyInFreezer wrote:......

And I was so close to put you into my townlist

This post perfectly portrays the mindset of a Townie who wants to make his reads as good as possible. As of that post, Remembrance was one of his suspects. But when Remembrance made a comment that GuyInFreezer didn't like, he was not confident in calling Remembrance Town, believing that having a wrong read on somebody would be his doom. The only players who didn't think Remembrance was Scum were Nacho and I, but I can understand GuyInFreezer's mindset behind making this post.
In post 752, GuyInFreezer wrote:Agreed. We need a general consensus (or however the hell you spell it.)

I want Rem lynched today tbh. I don't see NS scum either except for that one awkward RY vote.

In this beautiful post, he shows that he can be an independent voice. He wants to discuss how Nobody Special is aligned with the Mafia, but it appears that he cannot get his word through in an efficient way. Again, there is no Scum-motivation behind this post, and any attempts at saying the opposite is misrepresenting him.
In post 971, GuyInFreezer wrote:I'm currently thinking about Nacho/Rem being possible scumteam.
Rem as newbscum could be helplessly sheeping more experienced scum.

Also, I think it's about time for me to stalk RY's previous games.

In this post, he even considers looking at my meta to finalise his reads on me. This is to ensure that he is correct with his read on me. Again, there is no Scum-motivation behind this move at all. To me, it screams Town and nothing else.
In post 1025, GuyInFreezer wrote:I thought you thought him as a town. What gives?
Me offering to hammer Remembrance, GuyInFreezer reacts to my sudden change of heart of my read on Remembrance. He wants to unearth my
motivations
behind offering to hammering Remembrance. While it doesn't strike as a towntell on first sight, consider that Scum loves to twist words into their favour. But asking somebody to clarify their motivations behind a move puts them in a position where they cannot use what the asked person said against them. He is, in no way at all, trying to set up a counterwagon on me in that post, and it has
stong
Town-motivation behind it.

In short, this is why GuyInFreezer is Town
  • He can give somebody a second chance.
  • He wants players to clarify their intentions behind their moves.
  • His play makes no sense from a Scum point of view.
  • With nearly every single question he asks, he knows that backpedaling would result in an immediate doom. But he has not attempted to backpedal, or even say anything that might hint towards it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry about the gap in activity. Got off of work half-way through my ISO of Goku.

In post 711, Goku wrote:Currently You and kuror0 are my top scumreads. You for just following whoever appears to be the most town at any given time, and kuror0 for passive-aggressive efforts to attack people's credibility rather than actually scumhunting.
While Varsoon is my top townread thus far, he could benefit greatly from learning how to be succinct and concise. Most people aren't going to listen if they have to sift through a wall of text to find two great points.

We already know Kur0 was town. Buddying here with me, just as ANG did.

In post 781, Goku wrote:
In post 746, Remembrance wrote:That was just another town slip goku, don't worry about it, I'm not the lynch today. It's just simply a bad idea at this point.

Would now be a great time to mention that there's no such thing as a town slip? Good scum can mimic town almost exactly, so any slip they make to prove their towniness could just as easily be faked. You're really insistent on confirming town that isn't confirmed. I'm watching you.
We have just under a week, this is way to close to deadline for votes to be scattered everywhere. Pick a wagon and move it.
I am unwilling to vote NS as the case against him is not well-supported by the facts in the least, and I do not believe he is scum. There is most likely one scum on his wagon, my guess is RandomYoshi. The next biggest wagon, FBN, who's wagon is also ill-supported is, once again, probably on town.
VOTE: RandomYoshi
If if comes down to those other two wagons, I would hammer FBN but not NS.

Really anxious for a wagon to be pushed, points out Yoshi here. Puts a vote on him and considers FBN. This echoes how I think, and is buddying with me, but at the same time, it's an interesting point, because since then, Yoshi has been all about the Goku wagon.

In post 782, Goku wrote:
In post 749, Varsoon wrote:This is actually a countermeasure for me to discern scum from town. I won't go into the semantics.

I'm actually very interested. If you don't get to it in-game for whatever reason, I'd love to know after.

More buddying.

In post 841, Goku wrote:Fuzzy earns townpoints for withdrawing a vote when he could have feigned not paying attention.
RY earns scumpoints for sneaking in a vote after two quickvotes and no explanation.

Here, he steps back from fuzzy and puts more 'scumpoints' on Yoshi. Seems like Bussing/starting wagon on Yoshi, who most other players are divided on.

In post 865, Goku wrote:Actually the important thing is to convince everyone
else
that it worked. And seeing as nobody actually knows what on earth the gambit actually
was
, I wish you the best of luck. Oh, and creativity, you'll need it.

Need creativity for what, exactly? Seems too much like coaching/scumbluff, but I could be over-reading.

In post 887, Goku wrote:You said
In post 873, fuzzybutternut wrote:You do realize that means you're almost guaranteed an NK now, unless we have a doctor or JK here, which would be great.

Which heavily,
heavily
implies you know his alignment. For certain. Besides being a little threatening, that was a scumslip. Like, a real, legitimate scumslip. The only way you'd know his alignment is if you were the informed minority.

He is right, and we did have a doctor, after all.
Which is hilarious, because it's more of a scumslip on his part. I can buy that Fuzzy was just making a point.
But the fact that Goku was so quick to pick up on the VT/Doctor role-drop makes me think that Goku -knew- the alignments and was saying "HAH! You know the alignments! You're scum!," because, honestly, no one else would have called him out on that.
This strikes me the hardest, especially as a moment of either trying to start a wagon on Fuzzy, who may or may not be VT/scum. Regardless of Fuzzy's alignment, Goku slips up here and, furthermore, speaks towards something else that I've been paying a lot of attention to.

Rem was right. Goku buddied with me and I played towards everything he's said. And Goku's been trying to get me to lynch Yoshi/Fuzzy all game.
While this doesn't clear their names, this read, along with the pattern behind the NK's and Nacho's own reads, makes Goku one of my top scum suspects. I'm hesitant, with how gung-ho everyone else seems to be about it, but Rem, Nacho, and Kur0 thought he was scum and now they're all dead.

The question that bugs me now is...
Is Goku scum and he's been knocking out his opponent while relying on me being his town-buddy in lylo?
or was Goku framed by the scum due to the night-killings, since he's such an easy target to lynch?

My answer?

He's scum.
Onto the next.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:28 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In addition to my reason as to why GuyInFreezer is Town, keep in mind that I only used information that was generated from Day 1. During Day 3, he wants to be able to correctly read everyone. During this phase of the game, it is against his win condition to read anyone incorrectly. Therefore, he is taking his time with everything, and his current pressure on Varsoon is incredibly genuine. I literally cannot see this play coming from a Mafioso at all, which is because
it makes no sense if he was Scum

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”