Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Post by RandomYoshi »

GIF. Reads. Now.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In D2, I was leaning on either Nacho/Varsoon or Nacho/Goku, mainly because as I mentioned in D1, I began to have suspicion on Varsoon and Nacho went too inactive 2 be town. Goku we all know why. But I was mainly suspicious of Nacho because he is IC. Now that scumteam with Nacho is impossible, I would say Goku/Varsoon team.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:22 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

What's your thoughts on fuzzy, then?
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

And why Varsoon/Goku?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Ok. It sounded lazy as hell. Let me elaborate.

For Varsoon, I began to suspect him since that one comment on not caring about RY because he wasn't gonna get lynched. I know he gave reason to his sentence. But that comment got stuck deep in my mind. And then there was a quick-hammer. IIRC, his quickhammer was done with "let's get this over with" mindset. Um hello. Lolhammer on the day that mislynch creates LyLo? Also his reaction to NS's death statement didn't look genuine.

For Nacho, it was mixture with his inactiveness and my paranoia on IC in general. I didn't like how he suddenly liked my comment on RY's "scumbluff" when he disagreed with me on same topic D1. But then, he's confirmed town now.

For Goku, it's pretty much PoE for me, since I was thinking of Rem/(fuzzy/Nacho/Goku) D1, and Nacho/Varsoon/Goku D2. Because d1 I remember Nacho calling Goku a "useless joke alt scum" and nothing more. I had a feeling that Nacho and Goku is distancing each other, but then I was so sold on Rem-scum. D2 Nacho attacked Goku heavy so that's when I figured Nacho and Goku can't be a team.

For fuzzy, he pretty much is town 4 me via PoE. At this point, the only thing that bothers me is kuror0's death n1. But then, NK is like the most wifom-y thing to talk about.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Popcorn fuzzy
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1122, RandomYoshi wrote:Varsoon, why did you quickhammer?

Intuition, bias due to Rem's claims, desperation due to the length of the game, anxiousness after the long night, frustration when our doctor was killed.

It's clear that the scum are doing their nk's based off of the most experienced opponents. From this, I can deduce that scum is someone who has been in previous games/seen previous games with these players--and is intimidated by them.

Do you think Goku is scum, Yoshi?

I think that we lost this game (so far) because of Rem's playstyle, to be honest. He distracted the players too much and made D1 40 pages long.
So, I need to re-evaluate things from the ground up.
I've got class in about 20 minutes, but after that, I'll be at work, and I can give a more thorough account of how I think this game is going and who I think scum really is.

I understand we are in lylo. This is the ideal game state. Three of us are town. Two are scum.

I want you all to forget everything about each other and start fresh today. Same goes for me. I know -a lot- of players have called me obvious/noobtown since the game began: My quickhammer was given to shatter that illusion that anyone could be
confirmed
town before they are lynched/killed. I want you all to ISO the four other players in the game and give your honest responses to them. This is the best way to start the day, as we get fresh information and we can honestly gauge where each player stands. On top of that, keep in mind that two of these players are scum, and that they're going to likely manipulate what they have to say about the other players in order to do one of two things:
Kill town with a mis-lynch
Earn town favor by lynching the other scum.

Please, be critical of EVERY other player, regardless of if you think they're town/scum. Everyone should be a suspect, including me.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Varsoon, I believe that Goku is scum. There's something about him that just doesn't sit well with me. I want to discuss things with him before I place down my vote, though.

But what I don't get is why this is the ideal game state. Care to explain this, Varsoon? And what are your stances on the rest of the players in this game?
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:07 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 1129, GuyInFreezer wrote:For fuzzy, he pretty much is town 4 me via PoE.

Why are you putting people in Town via PoE when that could be the one thing that screws the Town over in LyLo?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

2 scums and 3 town. I have 2 scums on my list. Am I not allowed to put someone via PoE?
What's your opinion on Fuzzy, then? Sounds like you have him as scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1132, RandomYoshi wrote:Varsoon, I believe that Goku is scum. There's something about him that just doesn't sit well with me. I want to discuss things with him before I place down my vote, though.

But what I don't get is why this is the ideal game state. Care to explain this, Varsoon? And what are your stances on the rest of the players in this game?

It's the ideal game state because there are real consequences for town should they make a mistake. Before this, as town, we could relax and allow ourselves a 3-lynch buffer of security before the real game began. With only 5 players, the stakes are much, much higher, and with 2/5 of the players as scum, there's a good chance to find scum as well. This forces town to play well, but it also forces scum to do their best--since there's such a high chance of them being lynched.

I'll ISO and give my stances when I'm at work. Here's a quick run-down of how I feel pre-ISO, though.

fuzzybutternut- I really don't like how the entire L-1 situation was handled. I think that he was caught at that point and the way he started posting afterwards betrays a really scum-vibe to me. I wish I would have pushed his wagon harder on day 1.

Goku- He lurks far too much, and he better start posting soon. I didn't pay a lot of attention to ANG, who I think he replaced. I'm a bit on the fence about this one, but I think an ISO will give me a much better call on it.

GuyInFreezer- Same issue. He lurks a lot, but as we proved with NS, lurking =/= scum. I'll have to ISO him to get a clearer read, but I didn't like how he came into the game with antagonism towards Rem, especially now that Rem flipped town. Regardless, we'll see where this road leads.

RandomYoshi- You're another player I wish we lynched earlier. I've built my case against you time and time again, and it will be really painful if you flip town. You're too eager to shift blame and wag fingers, and the start of this day is not in your favor. It seems really scum to reiterate my quickhammer and to pressure GIF for scum-reads. In fact, it points towards a Yoshi/GIF scumteam, especially since his reads were that Goku and I were scum. I know that I'm VT and we all know that Goku's had somewhat of a recent wagon pushed against him as well. Regardless, I will ISO you and provide an up-to-date read on if I think you're scum or town.

I know this reflects my original call of Yoshi/Fuzzy as the scumteam, but I think that GIF and Goku are just as likely to be scum. It'd be great if you guys could vindicate yourselves in the next few posts and prove that you're town instead.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Lurk? I was on V/LA. If you didn't lolquickhammer D2, I would've been there to comment.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 1134, GuyInFreezer wrote:
What's your opinion on Fuzzy, then? Sounds like you have him as scum.

He's been in the middle of the Day 1 bandwagons, where Scum loves to reside. That way, they won't be called out on being late on the bandwagons, but they will still be on them. Look at the VCs, analyse them, and maybe that'll be a conclusion. I don't know, though. I want to thoroughly discuss this matter with him before I make any moves.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1136, GuyInFreezer wrote:Lurk? I was on V/LA. If you didn't lolquickhammer D2, I would've been there to comment.

Sorry, didn't realize this.

Regardless, you need to start posting pretty fast, and with posts that give a better read on who you are. Frankly, this post that I'm responding to seems evasive and quick to shift blame onto me for the quickhammer. If you're town, you'd think you'd refrain from such scummy behavior.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:22 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

So yeah.

FoS: Varsoon
FoS: Goku
FoS: fuzzybutternut

I am quite confident with calling GuyInFreezer Town. But I need to discuss this matter with him thoroughly before making any sudden movements.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

I seriously want this Day to last for a long time. I must be fully convinced that I am doing the correct thing during LyLo, because any vote placed wrongly results in a disaster for the Town.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:39 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

V: it's evasive, shady, and scummy if my point is baseless. Is it baseless? Am I pulling it out of nowhere? I don't think so.

RY: reason for calling me town? So you believe the "3rd on wagon" theory?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:24 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Let's comment on Varsoon's reads. Weeeee.

1) basically most of his reads says "oh this guy is scummy. Let me iso him."
2) so what about fuzzy's L-1 act did you find scummy?
3) elaborate on my "antagonism" on Rem.
4) his read on RY I don't understand. Being wishy-washy I could see, but how is pressuring others to present read scummy? Also because I said V/Goku scumteam you say "oh it can be RY/Guy scumteam." OMGUS.
5) his conclusion: everyone is equally likely to be scum. My take on this is that this is too much for town paranoia. I want everyone to comment on this.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Okay, going with my gut here, but that quickhammer reads town to me. Scum wouldn't put themselves out in the open like that.

Secondly, I'm going job hunting. Will be back later.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:09 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

fuzzy, what is your take on my game?

@GiF: Will reply to your queries, but I want fuzzy to reply to my question before I do anything.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

I will also be responding to Varsoon's questions and comments. I will have an epic post in which I comment on everything said throughout this Day.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1139, RandomYoshi wrote:So yeah.

FoS: Varsoon
FoS: Goku
FoS: fuzzybutternut

I am quite confident with calling GuyInFreezer Town. But I need to discuss this matter with him thoroughly before making any sudden movements.

Why? I just made a post saying that this mode of thinking is anti-town.

In post 1142, GuyInFreezer wrote:Let's comment on Varsoon's reads. Weeeee.

1) basically most of his reads says "oh this guy is scummy. Let me iso him."
2) so what about fuzzy's L-1 act did you find scummy?
3) elaborate on my "antagonism" on Rem.
4) his read on RY I don't understand. Being wishy-washy I could see, but how is pressuring others to present read scummy? Also because I said V/Goku scumteam you say "oh it can be RY/Guy scumteam." OMGUS.
5) his conclusion: everyone is equally likely to be scum. My take on this is that this is too much for town paranoia. I want everyone to comment on this.

I'm glad that you could breakdown and straw-man my arguments for the other three players here. It helps my case against you, once again.
You're putting as much weight on me as you can, using the quickhammer as leverage to do so, should any attention be shifted onto you. Your employ of accusative rhetoric betrays a scummier approach to how you're considering me.

Allow me to approach each of your points and answer them.

1. Yes, most people here are scummy. However, this is a tactic that I employed--by discussing what I found scummy about players, I allowed the scum players to speak towards that and give up scumslips of their own. Taking the bait, perse. I could mount a good argument for any player being town or scum at this point, but by manipulating discourse that solely betrayed scum-tells, I hoped to illicit an immediate response to that.

2. Ah, I meant to say 'NoLynch'. Sorry about that. Read my original post with that in mind.

3. You both entered the game at each other's throats. I commented on this in an earlier post, ISO me to find it. In fact, ISO me to make an argument against me. I think it'd be most telling.

4. Oh, pressing others is understandable. Asking a direct question to a certain player right after the night kill? Questionable. As for my call on you being a scumteam, I wanted to see your responses to it. Yoshi ignored it a little and shifted more focus back onto you, but you spoke directly to it with the incredulous response above. If you'd like to highlight the supposed scumteam between me and Goku, go ahead and ISO us, present your case, and, I'm sure, it'll reveal plenty.

5. It seems like your response is the inverse of mine--your conclusion is that I am scum. It's so thinly veiled, too. In fact, the entire ordeal of you calling me scum so directly, then asking everyone else to "comment on this" is a subconscious tactic of buddying coupled with portrayal of your opinion as truth. The truth is that I'm VT and that you're digging a deeper and deeper hole by pushing such a sudden wagon against me. Perhaps you should consider the fact that the more and more that you make such libelous claims against someone who is town, the more that person is going to doubt your supposed role as town. This is good advice as town and as scum. Instead of being as inane as you have been, parse out some rhetorically sound investigations of my play within this game.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:44 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

For the record, I'll keep my replies short until this Day has proceeded for a long time, preferably a week or so.
In post 1146, Varsoon wrote:Why? I just made a post saying that this mode of thinking is anti-town.

I am putting suspicion on everyone who I think could be scum. I want to put every scum-suspect under massive scrutiny throughout the entirety of this Day. I want to analyse every reply I get thoroughly, and I won't vote until I'm certain that I've found Scum.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:49 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

GiF, why are you advocating a massclaim? Why are you giving the popcorn to fuzzy when you have him as Town by PoE?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1147, RandomYoshi wrote:For the record, I'll keep my replies short until this Day has proceeded for a long time, preferably a week or so.
In post 1146, Varsoon wrote:Why? I just made a post saying that this mode of thinking is anti-town.

I am putting suspicion on everyone who I think could be scum. I want to put every scum-suspect under massive scrutiny throughout the entirety of this Day. I want to analyse every reply I get thoroughly, and I won't vote until I'm certain that I've found Scum.

I was questioning why you'd label someone as town so outwardly.
It could always be a means of reaction testing, so I'm sorry if I spoiled that for you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”