Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:LuckayLuck: I expect he’s not scum from the sheer number of players he’s marked off as townie to highly townie, I would expect a scum player to mark off fewer townies in order to keep more viable lynch candidates around. I also don’t believe he’s working to get people to not suspect him by saying he thinks they are townie because he’s simply cast too many of those connections.
Agreed. His posts so far look very pro-town to me.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Mastermind of Sin
He starts off by saying he’s never going to vote till he’s King, certainly something I’d expect from MoS, it doesn’t really change whether he’s more or less likely to be scum because this guy honestly doesn’t care about what role he is when he does things, if he wants to do it, he’ll do it regardless of which side he’s on.

He honestly doesn’t say very much this game, he doesn’t push very hard for the people he thinks are guilty or defend adamantly the people he thinks are innocent. Basically he won’t be saying much, this is type of behaviour is more in line with general MoS behaviour, he will pursue it regardless of alignment. I’m more willing to put him in my townie column because I’ve just seen so many games where MoS psuedolurks through and will defend his lurkish strategy.
I still don't like his "I won't vote" stance, and he hasn't done as much as I would like this game, but he has committed to strong non-logical stances on several people, just flatly declaring that cardboardbox, PJ, and Phoebus were town for no apparent reason. This actually is pretty typical behavior from a pro-town MOS, he often "goes on gut", is absolulty convinced he's right, gives no arguments to back himself up, and then is frustrated no one listens to him. I'll take another look at him later if some of the people he's defended turn out to be scum, but for now, I'm slightly leaning towards him being pro-town. Want to hear more from him though, and it'd be nice if he'd answer my questions (such as "who would be on your LOE right now if you were king?").
Pooky wrote: Mert
The guy doesn’t really say much of substance, I can say the same thing for plenty of players so far. The easiest way for scum to hide is to stay within the current, when they see most players lurk, they will follow along and do the same.
Agreed.

In general, I like Pooky's analysis posts so far, his logic is quite similar to what I've been thinking, and he's moved up to about neutral in my eyes (he was around "slighly scummy" before, back during the pre-crash bird wagon).
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

I like Pooky now too!
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:25 pm

Post by pablito »

I liked reading Pooky's post. It showed insight and it gave us a good indication of where he's coming from. It's not making me feel he's any more pro-town, but it's telling me that I look forward to more posts like that in the future. I suggest a stay of execution for now.

Although the replacements just got in, there is kinda a deadline, so I hope they say anything rather than waiting two days before deadline to post a full analysis. In other words, a partial analysis sooner is better than a full analysis later.

I'm saddened that Mert is still absent. But I still think he's our best lynch option. At least I've been pushing him since early D1 and he never convinced me he's pro-town since then. But is it worth it to wait for Mert to come back/be replaced and focus on others or are we simply (or rather, will the bandwagon that will ensue) gun for Mert because it's the least offensive and most convenient option right now?

And also, now that Mert's on the LoE, I'll vote some more suspects
vote: StallingChamp, Zindaras
who I've already said I'd like to see on my own version of the LoE (one of the questions Yos asked).

And whatever happened to people answering Yosarian's questions? Seems like that suddenly dropped off.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by pablito »

and a whole day without posts so close to a deadline? not productive at all. five days people. get to work.
Sup, later.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:29 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

The only acceptable execution I see on the LOE is Mert.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:15 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm back from camp, break-camp was delayed due to floods. Catching up coming soon.
Blank.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by Glork »

Yeah, I'm still looking at Pooks and Yos as my top two executees.

They'd better start convincing me otherwise.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Glork wrote:Yeah, I'm still looking at Pooks and Yos as my top two executees.

Obviously, I look incredibly scummy if I turn out to be wrong here, but I'm willing to stick up for these two. I can give my explanation of Pooky in one line: he's been afk and I am inconclusive about him, and he came back with an excellent post. My explanation of Yos is a bit more complex and I'm a little busy with finals at the moment, but if you really feel like executing Yos, you must hear me out.

Mert is the only execution I like of this list.
The only only execution that I even view as reasonable, in fact. And yes, it's a pity that he's not around to defend himself, but I think his day1 actions are enough to execute him.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hey, if you've got an actual case to make against me that I haven't already responded to, I'd love to hear it. If not, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to "convince you otherwise", other then keep scumhunting and trying to get more information for the town like I have been.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:41 am

Post by Glork »

LuckayLuck wrote:

Obviously, I look incredibly scummy if I turn out to be wrong here, but I'm willing to stick up for these two. I can give my explanation of Pooky in one line: he's been afk and I am inconclusive about him, and he came back with an excellent post. My explanation of Yos is a bit more complex and I'm a little busy with finals at the moment, but if you really feel like executing Yos, you must hear me out.
I can see that you're one of those people who can be swayed by big, long, analytic posts. Though I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by Pooky's sudden spurt of participation, I still think that he's probably scum.
LuckayLuck wrote:Mert is the only execution I like of this list.
The only only execution that I even view as reasonable, in fact. And yes, it's a pity that he's not around to defend himself, but I think his day1 actions are enough to execute him.
Could you sum up in exactly three sentences why you think that Mert is scum?
Yos2 wrote:Hey, if you've got an actual case to make against me that I haven't already responded to, I'd love to hear it. If not, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to "convince you otherwise", other then keep scumhunting and trying to get more information for the town like I have been.
Gut? I'm tempted to call "Glorkdar" on this one, but I'm not
that
sure that you're scum. If I were at the point where I'd be guaranteeing that my angry little Glorkdar had settled on you, you'd have been executed weeks ago.

I also want to make a quick response to something Pooky said about me that left me somewhat unsettled:
Pooky wrote:The top reason I believe Glork to be innocent is because I would have expected him to throw a noncontributive scumbuddy under the bus quite a while ago(I honestly don’t expect all of the scumbags we’re dealing with to be type A personality psychopaths who are putting up the air of looking for scum). I’ve seen how Glork reacts to pressure in terms of high expectations in scumchat and his reaction so far is analogous as far as the medium of talk is concerned. I can see that some might say he would put on a 2 month farce and keep it running while making it look like he is trying to find scum but I honestly don’t see anyone who is scum putting on a 2 month farce and putting the sheer amount of effort I’ve witnessed from him into this game.
He says that he doesn't think GlorkScum would "put on a 2 month farce" to keep the day open. Apparently Pooky has forgotten the fct that nearly a month ago, I had already made an execution list and I even stated that
I knew who I was going to execute
. Now, depending on your point of view (read: MBL, PJ, Yos, possibly others... I forget), that effectively ended the day right there and then. In fact, I had actually written up execution posts twice, only to refrain from posting them because I figured people would get mad at me for "rushing things." Oddly enough, he says he would expect me to throw a noncontributive scumbuddy under the bus. And if I had executed him as scum a couple of weeks ago, that would've basically been what I did.

Pooky, if you're still around, I have to ask: Why the sudden inpsiration? Why have you decided, out of nowhere and on the brink of execution, to suddenly do an entire re-read and post thoughts on everybody? What does this do to the nutkicking theory about Bird1111, who essentially did the same thing?
'Cause I'm seeing a pretty clear parallel. Bird goes AWOL while under a bunch of pressure then after an extended time off, decides that he's going to post thoughts on everyone in the game. Pooky goes basically AWOL while under the threat of execution then suddenly decides to post thoughts on everyone in the game. Really, how different is Pooky from Bird? Are you (and/or others) really going to use the excuse that Bird's
overnight
inspiration indicates that he was nutkicked?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Glork wrote:I can see that you're one of those people who can be swayed by big, long, analytic posts.
They're the easiest people to read the souls of, since they have so much of a story to keep straight and generally are the type to gradually shift an opinion. Easy to pick up on anything suspicious from them, I argue, so yes, to some extent, big, long, analytic posts hold sway to me.
Glork wrote:Though I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by Pooky's sudden spurt of participation, I still think that he's probably scum.

[...]

Pooky, if you're still around, I have to ask: Why the sudden inpsiration? Why have you decided, out of nowhere and on the brink of execution, to suddenly do an entire re-read and post thoughts on everybody? What does this do to the nutkicking theory about Bird1111, who essentially did the same thing?

[...]

Pooky goes basically AWOL while under the threat of execution then suddenly decides to post thoughts on everyone in the game. Really, how different is Pooky from Bird?
I don't know what caused him to leave, but since I was in a couple games with him in other places, as well as browsing randomly games sometimes, I noticed Pooky disappeared from all games simultaneously. So Pooky is definitely the wrong move here with such a short deadline.

Glork wrote:Could you sum up in exactly three sentences why you think that Mert is scum?
I'll get that to you later, boss. Possibly in one or two days, due to finals. Call it "Luck-dar."
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:26 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Sneak preview of my attack on Mert / defense of Pooky+Yos, though:
it's going to be nearly entirely WIFOM / gut. But what the hell do you expect in this game?

Now, in another game, I just received worde that PJ made the folowing statement...
spectrumvoid wrote: PJ has an excellent post somewhere about how everything in mafia is WIFOM anyway...
I agree wholeheartedly, and I'll show you why the wine in front of Mert is mafia and the wine in front of Pooky+Yos is villager. It may be convoluted, it may be the sole opinion and reason of anybody here, but I seeeee it.

Anyways, to be continued...
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:56 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:Really, how different is Pooky from Bird? Are you (and/or others) really going to use the excuse that Bird's
overnight
Pooky's actions can be explained by a multitude of in-game factors we can all see in thread. He got threatened publicly; he posted big.

Bird's actions cannot be explained by anything in thread. He was threatened, he DIDN'T post, someone else got executed, and with no intervening events in game, bird posted massively to start D2. The two situations are massively different. And I'm stunned Glork that you never even put bird on your execution list. The only thing I can think is that I was the one who proposed nutkicking and Pooky bought into it, you had us on your LOE, so you "thought bird was innocent cause scummy people found him 'scummy'".

I'll reread your posts in a sec, so please ignore this if you've already done it, but Glork, please post anything bird's done personally to make you think he's pro-town.
Glork wrote:Oddly enough, he says he would expect me to throw a noncontributive scumbuddy under the bus. And if I had executed him as scum a couple of weeks ago, that would've basically been what I did.
This reads oddly no matter how many times I read it.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm not very good at replacing into games, as I have trouble reading back and making sense of things.

What I did was start at page 30 and read through those 11 pages. Sorry if that's not good enough for people, but I seriously don't have the energy to do more. Basically I read through posts, putting a "+" next to someone for a good post, and a "-" for a scummy one. I have a few notes to go with them, but not many. I'll list my suspects from top (most town) to bottom (least town). Those who arent on the list are ones who haven't posted content since page 30.

This list is brief and not very explanative. If you want clarification on something, post to that effect.

Zindras
The most pro-town player so far. In my notes I've listed posts 841 & 842 as coming off as pro-town, but there are certainly several others after that. I just stopped writing them down when I decided I was convinced. I think he'd be a good choice for KING, actually, on Day 3 or in the future, just because I really can't imagine him being scum and he seems to have formed detailed opinions of most players.

MrBuddyLee
I have posts 812, 826, and 844 listed in my notes, but I don't know why. Suffice it to say, they all come off as very townish to me, and I think in general he's done a good job of calling people on their nonsense. Many people alluded to susupicious things he's said, but whatever they are I didn't see them.

CTD
For him I have listed posts 821 & 923. Again I don't know why, other than that I consider them townish posts. He has several "+'s" in my largely arbitrary scale.

Phoebus
Count me convinced by his "angry townie" tirade of posts 945 and 949, as well as subsequent ones.

MoS
Similar. He hasn't posted much (recently, anyway, of course), but I'm sold on him. Posts 898 and 899 are why, if I had to choose. I do NOT like his blatent attempts to become king, however.

Nightson
Nothing in particular to say, other than this is where I put him on my list.

Pooky
Also, no real opinion.

SV
I like post 839. Again, I don't remember why. Sorry. Generally neutral towards her, however, as more than once she seems to meta-game in a scummy way.

PBJ
Something about his style seems a bit distant. As if he's trying to be present but absolve himself of a failed Day 1 lynch. However, he's useful enough to just miss my cut....

VOTE: Yosarian, Pablito, LuckayLuck

LL
His style is odd, yes. But more concerning are posts 850 and 861. In the first, he is deliberately vague in his accusations and slings around qualifiers as if to convince us that he's "not sure." The latter post is a blatent attempt to be named King. The whole "I don't expect to be King" but have bold (kingmaker read: FUN) ideas just reeks of posturing.

Yosarian
Four posts caught my eye: 778, 843, 872, and 877. The first I have no notes on. In 843 he offers vague directions on how to proceed. This looks like an "I'm part of the team!" post more than a useful one, which I don't like. In 872 he links to games in which he's scum, saying he had forgotten to do so until then. Something about this action seems too desperate, almost begging someone to absolve him and say "oh, you're right, you're playing differently this time." As if playing differently matters! In 877 he wants people to answer his questions. Yeah this could be what it looks like (scumhunting), but it could be something worse (diversionhunting).

Pablito
Posts 884, 890, 1002-1003. 884 is a very strange post, in which he seems to be trying to set up Pooky and Yosarian without being too obvious about it. Also, the fact that he focuses on other likely candidates (Glork's LoE) suggests he's trying to set up someone he thinks he can get executed. 890, out of nowhere, goes after lurkers, which again looks like a diversion. 1002-1003 open up a little in tone, which would be good, except that they come not long after Glork absolves him. I very much get the feeling that Pablito was relieved to not be a suspect... too much so to be a townie.

Two Discussions I'm Sure Happened But I Missed:

1) Why don't we have the Kingmaker out him/herself and use that person basically as a proxy for the King? That way, we can be sure we have, at the very least, a PRO-TOWN player "directing" the executions. If the reason is no more than "the kingmaker won't want to out himself because he doesn't want to die in the night," that's a crappy reason.

2) When people give their List of Suspects, why don't they also give a List of People Who Would Make a Good King? I feel that choosing the King is as important as who the king executes. So why are we leaving this decision for one anonymous townie to make during the night without help?

A brief explantion/summary for each would be fine.

(ps- I didn't include Glork on my list because (1) I'm bad at getting a read on him, and (2) I dont' particularly care whether he's scum at this point as long as he's the king)
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:20 am

Post by Zindaras »

1) No doc. I don't think it's a good strategy for the Kingmaker to just come out and claim. This basically means that we're going to doom a random player to death every day. It's possible, but it seems a bit...odd. I'm not Professor Mafia, though, so my theory may be off.

2) I think because we don't want to let the Mafia pick off the King targets. For example, if we decide that either X or Y should be king, and one of them is scum, the other's going to die.

I'm not sure, though. I can see a combination of 1 and 2 working out. If we have the Kingmaker claim, the Mafia will kill him. We'll get a new Kingmaker, he'll claim. This way, the Mafia can't go around killing off the best players. Which also gives us the opportunity to talk more freely about who we think should be King.

I could be horribly wrong though.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:11 am

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Glork wrote:Really, how different is Pooky from Bird? Are you (and/or others) really going to use the excuse that Bird's
overnight
Pooky's actions can be explained by a multitude of in-game factors we can all see in thread. He got threatened publicly; he posted big.

Bird's actions cannot be explained by anything in thread. He was threatened, he DIDN'T post, someone else got executed, and with no intervening events in game, bird posted massively to start D2. The two situations are massively different. And I'm stunned Glork that you never even put bird on your execution list. The only thing I can think is that I was the one who proposed nutkicking and Pooky bought into it, you had us on your LOE, so you "thought bird was innocent cause scummy people found him 'scummy'".
I don't like how quickly everyone seemed to wagon Bird at the very start of the day. Considering that some people I had considered reasonably scummy (MBL, Pooky, Twomz) were pushing and/or aboard that wagon, I didn't think that Bird could be scum. I'm still rather neutral about the whole situation, but I don't think Bird is the play today. Basically, I'm pulling rank and saying "even though there are a few people who would like to see Bird executed, I'm not going to do it because I don't want to."
Interestingly enough, at this point Bird only has two votes on him. As of the last vote count, Pooky and Mert were leading with 3+K. Pablito has picked up a 4th vote courtesy of Lowell. Samus/Twomz also has three. So basically, I didn't see reason to execute Bird before. I still don't see enough reason to do so, and there's not even enough town pressure for me to even consider going against my own personal suspicions.
MBL wrote:
Glork wrote:Oddly enough, he says he would expect me to throw a noncontributive scumbuddy under the bus. And if I had executed him as scum a couple of weeks ago, that would've basically been what I did.
This reads oddly no matter how many times I read it.
Yeah, I changed those sentences around a few times because I didn't like the wording, and I think it came out even more convoluted. I meant to say something like this:
Pooky said he would expect me to bus a noncontributive scumbuddy as scum fairly quickly. If I were scum, considering how little Pooky had done over the course of Day One and early in Day Two, he would've been the ideal sort of candidate for me to have bused.
When I said "had I executed him as scum...that would've basically been what I did" probably should've had a "(kill a noncontributive scum)" at the end of it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Lowell »

Zindaras wrote:I'm not sure, though. I can see a combination of 1 and 2 working out. If we have the Kingmaker claim, the Mafia will kill him. We'll get a new Kingmaker, he'll claim. This way, the Mafia can't go around killing off the best players. Which also gives us the opportunity to talk more freely about who we think should be King.
This is more or less what I advocate, in fact. Glork may end up making better judgements than the Kingmaker, but I don't know why we take this chance when we don't have to. The Kingmaker should "rule" by proxy and make the final choice. Then at least we have an innocent making kills. Someone has to die during the night anyway, so what difference does it make if it's the kingmaker.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Zindaras »

It just feels a bit...wrong, to be honest. It really should be the King making the decisions.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:10 am

Post by Glork »

The thing about having the Kingmaker make decisions is that it takes away from the responsibility of the King. It won't matter who the king is on any given day, and it won't help us to go "well so-and-so executed two townies, and so-and-so has executed two scumbags."

Look at me, for example. I've had people lobby for me to make specific executions, but ultimately the decision comes down to me. I'm responsible for that decision. This kind of mechanic, as long as we don't focus on it
too much
, gives us fuel for discussion on future days. In fact, even today a couple of people questioned PJ's execution chioce yesterday. If we have Kingmakers continue to claim and be killed, we're taking away that element of discussion and interaction.

Then there comes the possibility of a very weak player being the Kingmaker. If we have them rule by proxy, the mafia may choose to keep him alive since his scumhunting skills aren't as up-to-snuff.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:38 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yosarian2 wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:LuckayLuck: I expect he’s not scum from the sheer number of players he’s marked off as townie to highly townie, I would expect a scum player to mark off fewer townies in order to keep more viable lynch candidates around. I also don’t believe he’s working to get people to not suspect him by saying he thinks they are townie because he’s simply cast too many of those connections.
Agreed. His posts so far look very pro-town to me.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Mastermind of Sin
He starts off by saying he’s never going to vote till he’s King, certainly something I’d expect from MoS, it doesn’t really change whether he’s more or less likely to be scum because this guy honestly doesn’t care about what role he is when he does things, if he wants to do it, he’ll do it regardless of which side he’s on.

He honestly doesn’t say very much this game, he doesn’t push very hard for the people he thinks are guilty or defend adamantly the people he thinks are innocent. Basically he won’t be saying much, this is type of behaviour is more in line with general MoS behaviour, he will pursue it regardless of alignment. I’m more willing to put him in my townie column because I’ve just seen so many games where MoS psuedolurks through and will defend his lurkish strategy.
I still don't like his "I won't vote" stance, and he hasn't done as much as I would like this game, but he has committed to strong non-logical stances on several people, just flatly declaring that cardboardbox, PJ, and Phoebus were town for no apparent reason. This actually is pretty typical behavior from a pro-town MOS, he often "goes on gut", is absolulty convinced he's right, gives no arguments to back himself up, and then is frustrated no one listens to him. I'll take another look at him later if some of the people he's defended turn out to be scum, but for now, I'm slightly leaning towards him being pro-town. Want to hear more from him though, and it'd be nice if he'd answer my questions (such as "who would be on your LOE right now if you were king?").
Pooky wrote: Mert
The guy doesn’t really say much of substance, I can say the same thing for plenty of players so far. The easiest way for scum to hide is to stay within the current, when they see most players lurk, they will follow along and do the same.
Agreed.

In general, I like Pooky's analysis posts so far, his logic is quite similar to what I've been thinking, and he's moved up to about neutral in my eyes (he was around "slighly scummy" before, back during the pre-crash bird wagon).
I take offense to this. I would argue that I generally DO make arguments (outside of scumchat) and present reasoning why I think someone is scum. This game is an exception. Perhaps if you could link me to other games where I have exhibited this behavior, it would lend weight to your claim, because i certainly don't remember doing something like this often.
Permanent V/LA.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:46 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Glork wrote:Could you sum up in exactly three sentences why you think that Mert is scum?
I find that it's easier to sum up why someone is NOT scum. Your LOE is currently Pooky/Yos/Mert, so I'll say why Pooky and Yos aren't scum.

for Pooky, I'm not sure, as he's been relatively inactive - but he's back(?) now and came back with a good post. So you can't execute him.

Yos in three sentences:
Several of the people I consider very very townie argue specifically against a Yos execution. You can say that this is a slippery slope, but I am willing to go down this path. Also, Yos's arguments while on your LOE while being one of your top suspects don't quite make sense as scum: he pushes for Twomz and Phoebus, two people that aren't/weren't even on the execution list, and his defense style is just one that is townie.

Mert in three sentences:
Similarly, a lot of people I consider very very townie argue specifically for a Mert execution. Reading his posts, in day1, Mert did not accuse anyone of scummy behavior but rather for "unhelpfulness" - which is something I consider scummy. In day2, he similarly conveniently chose two easy picks: Twomz and Pooky.

Down with Mert!
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:02 am

Post by pablito »

Honestly, LuckayLuck. Even though I'm one of the biggest supporters for a Mert execution, your reasons are very unconvincing. You say that others who you like are arguing for a Mert execution. So? What reasons have you found independent of others' opinions to take out Mert? Or at the least, why have those reasons been of more value to you than anything else - since you're so on board for a Mert execution?

There are a lot of "unhelpful" people in the town still, so I'm not entirely convinced that you're on board the Mert wagon yourself. And Twomz and Pooky are easy picks, yeah, but Mert was not in isolation in choosing those two early on.

For wanting Mert dead so badly, your reasons are a bit off.

I think Luckay's analysis relies too much on the opinions he's created on people he considers townie, but hasn't truly seen the reasons behind his own opinion on scumminess. Even though Luckay was one of the people I used to find trustworthy, I'm not so sure he'd be the best king because he relies too much on other's opinions.

Honestly, in light of the deadline, I'm all for a Pooky execution. That one post was good, but it's not enough to justify not executing him over Yosarian.

I'd rather neither gets executed, but due to the deadline, something's gotta happen and I'd rather it be Pooky. Also, Mert has no replacement, and I don't know what to think of it.

I like Lowell right now. He's extremely misguided in some of his analyses (especially regarding his stance on the kingmaker), but he seems to have taken an independent thought on what he's seen so far. Which is the fresh breath of replacement that we need right now. Regarding the kingmaker stuff, I think the kingmaker has made decent enough decisions on who to make king and I'd rather we stay consistent with this kingmaker until more severe times arise. Wouldn't be good for a newly replaced player to have to jump into kingmaker mode because we outed our old one and s/he got NKed.

I hope to see posts soon from Samus and Nightfall as well.
Sup, later.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:05 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm curious Glork, did my post strike you as a post designed to save my own hide?

If so, how? Do I defend myself from your nonexistent accusations? Do I push at another person with incredible vigor and lay out a strong case against them?

No, I have accepted the fact that I can not possibly dissuade you from thinking I am scum because your case against me is entirely gut based so far as I can see, I have accepted the fact that I can't convince you to execuete someone else that I think is scum.

I am fine with the fact that you will execuete me today, I was quite angry when you made that post about how you had already made your choice because I was quite sure you had chosen me for execuetion and it pretty much let everyone off the hook in terms of posting. I am fine with that now because I'm fairly certain at this point that you're townie and you will probably feel terrible about being wrong about me. You will probably be angrier at yourself than I have been at you for the past month.

I'm sure when this is all over, we can share a drink and have a laugh about what made you think I was scum.

As for why I've chosen to post the analysis, well I'd think you guys would be better off with the fairly indepth analysis of a confirmed protown player than without it. Good luck, I'll be rooting for ya'all.

I'll finish on Tuesday if I can find the time, I have final in 3 hours.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:24 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'd be disappointed with a Pooky execution, personally.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:25 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Since that's the second time someone's reference me as king, let me just clarify the meaning of this post.
Random note to the kingmaker:

1. I do not expect to be elected king within the next 3 days. This note is just in case.
2. If I am made the king within the next 3 days, I will be doing something very radical and controversial. This radical / controversial thing will not involve a quick execution. It will include some parts dictatorship, some parts democracy. I believe it will be the best way to proceed, but to others, it will seem like a crazy way to proceed. Maybe to some, it will be an ingenius way to proceed. I don't know.
It's not lobbying, it's fact-stating. If anything, this is a cry to "not make me king unless you want something strange to happen."
Pablito wrote:I think Luckay's analysis relies too much on the opinions he's created on people he considers townie,
My playstyle is a double-edged sword. Yes, I -do- rely heavily on the opinions of those I've considered townie, yes this -could- bite me later hard, and yes, it allows me quite a lot of flexibility if I'm scum. It ends up being good if I'm either townie or scum because as townie, I feel that I've pinned down certain people as townie PARTLY because of their argument against someone, which then I sort of absorb as my own. And whenever I'm scum, this is pretty good camoflauge. As townie, I have the additional "my own check" to see if I really think the people I believe are townie are actually atttacking possible scum. I believe this is true. I would and usually do add my independent thoughts on my targets (Mert) if I had any, but based on his meager posting, I have listed somewhat of a unique reason already...at least as unique as one can get given that amount of posts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”