Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1070, RandomYoshi wrote:Why do you think that I'm scum? Summarise it before the Day ends.

Post 92, Post 160, Post 217, Post 259, Post 269, Post 339, Post 650.

Pretty much sums it up on a play-by-play basis.
And if you mean -when- NS Flips town, vote Fuzzy so scum wins, kk.

But honestly, I'm regressing to my Yoshi Fuzzy scumteam.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1054, fuzzybutternut wrote:Alright, if i had to guess, I'd say at least one scum was on that wagon, which leaves four people as possible scum to pick through.

Four people not including you?
Convenient.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

varsoon
if you thought RY was scum
why did you hammer the guy RY put to L-1?
in what realm of logic does that make any semblance of sense?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

be slow tomorrow. don't act quickly.
if you do one fucking thing this game. take. your time. in lylo.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

nacho how are you so sure that it'll be lylo next day?
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 7, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:This would start the same time as my other game.

VOTE: Nobody Special

Clearly has nothing to offer!

sounds fake as shit

In post 11, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:
In post 9, kuror0 wrote:Hello everybody, let's have a nice game. I'm one of your SE's, so if you have any question about rules and stuff like that you can ask me and i will try to guide you in the right way.

VOTE: Normal Guy

He is creepy.

You're breaking my heart :cry:

subtle AtE

In post 17, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:I have only played one newbie game before this one, so I'm about as close to newbie as you can get.

And I'm sorry yoshi, but I have to agree with NS here.

...he says as he continues to vote NS
the apologizing to Yoshi also feels off, could be a buddy tell, could not be a buddy tell

In post 40, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Super eager and ready to get the ball rolling. I like this guy.

And it's a great plan! Discussion is our greatest weapon. In my first newbie game I started getting really frustrated because the game wasn't active enough for me. It makes it nearly impossible to move forward when it's day 3 and most of the people in the game aren't even saying anything.

Let's not forget that people do have real lives, however. So it should be something within reason. I'm thinking like 4-5 posts per day?

sucking up hard to varsoon

In post 65, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Well, kuror0 makes valid points. Forcing people to talk could create unnecessary fluff for scum to hide behind.

@SE's/IC (can't remember who..I'm on my phone right now and looking back would be a hassle): has anything like this been done before, that you've seen? I can see both the pros and cons, but it would be good if I could look at a past game where the town did this.

holding back to much, no vote down still

In post 110, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Nobody Special seems like he is either uninterested or frustrated. That could be due to scum alignment but there is nothing that makes me dislike him to this point.

Nacho is really difficult to read. I don't think he's really said much (I'm posting on my phone, so I'm doing what I can from memory, as going back and forth for every player isn't worth the time nor the effort right now)

hate when people are just like "Nacho is hard to read", but I grin and bear it most of the time
NS bit is odd because he is null, could be scum, but there's nothing wrong with him
scum are afraid to take positions on buddies a lot of the time, NS strong partner tell

In post 183, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:Whoa. I missed the No lynch vote because it came between my catching up posts.

Yeah, you should not do that. No lynching just gives scum a free kill and we gain no information from the day.

cool this gives us nothing

In post 244, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:UNVOTE: NS

I'm not quite sold on fuzzy being scum here. To me it reads more like he's just got the wrong idea about no lynch. If this was some crucial part of the game, like tied lynches or something, and he refused to pick a side, then that would be a much bigger concern for me. I could be biased because I'm also struggling to form a solid scum read on anyone, but I can at least see why fuzzy would argue the position.

@fuzzy, 1) why did you claim? Nobody stated intent to hammer, nor did anyone ask for a claim. If there is anything about the whole exchange that makes me not like you, it's that. It felt rushed.

2) You really should just let it go. No lynch obviously isn't going to happen today, so you're just wasting your time with it.

no idea why he unvoted
seems like an awkward hop of a wagon followed with posturing and getting ready to jump on the next one
not scum with fuzzy

In post 627, Goku wrote:
In post 603, Varsoon wrote:
Scum won't Lynch itself
Scum is playing it safe
Scum is making us doubt each other
Scum is building cases for future mislynches

I disagree with most of these on principal.

Scum will actually lynch itself, and in some situations, it's best if scum lynches itself.
Scum will sometimes play it safe, but it's also common for scum to be very vocal and pro-town. Those are, infact, the worst kind of scum, because they're hard to read and harder to lynch.
Scum doesn't always play deceptive games. Newb-scum specifically has a tendency to lie low so hard that they forget to scumhunt. Town tends to feel the most deceptive because they believe in what they say, and sometimes they say ridiculous things, and make lapses in judgement. Most town-lynches are actually lead by town, funny enough. Scum are the ones cheering on the sidelines.

nitpicky as fuck, useless as fuck
IIoA

In post 1066, Goku wrote:So wait, you don't like that he put you at L-1, so you put him at L-1?

this has essentially been Goku's whole game outside of that
potshot, potshot, potshot
what are your reads?

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 1076, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1054, fuzzybutternut wrote:Alright, if i had to guess, I'd say at least one scum was on that wagon, which leaves four people as possible scum to pick through.

Four people not including you?
Convenient.

Actually, I was including myself in there.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1079, RandomYoshi wrote:nacho how are you so sure that it'll be lylo next day?

generally fucktarded hammers don't hit scum
maybe it did
i certainly was happy with the lynchee although it was way too fucking early, so probably not

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 1082, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1079, RandomYoshi wrote:nacho how are you so sure that it'll be lylo next day?

generally fucktarded hammers don't hit scum
maybe it did
i certainly was happy with the lynchee although it was way too fucking early, so probably not

okay

but let's say he flips town, what will you do during lylo? who would you vote? if he flips scum, what would you do next day, and who would you vote?
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i don't know that's what i'm figuring out now

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

....bullshit Varsoon. What the actual fuck?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:56 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

can we lynch goku on day 3

i'm pretty sure he's scum
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 83, fuzzybutternut wrote:Figured the game needed a little boost of action.

Side note-I love that avatar, Yoshi.

haven't had time to do proper meta research, but I glanced a little bit and fuzzier is not so loose as scum. he also doesn't fall back on no lynch as much as scum, so both are signs of him being town this game. his attack on varsoon is something completely out of left field from a scum player and liable to self-destruct hard as shit, so that's a good sign triumvirate right out of the gate.

In post 230, fuzzybutternut wrote:Anyone else who thinks I'm scum because I don't believe in stats-LOL.
That's truly laughable.

Irrational, doesn't make sense, makes even less sense from a scum position.
(SEE: What I was saying about Remembrance yesterday)

In post 237, fuzzybutternut wrote:Some things are better kept to yourself, kuror0.
Say I was to explain everything right now. That'd surely cause trouble for us.

I will, however, say this. I'm becoming more and more set on Varsoon being scum, again. His posts have been reading off to me for a while.
Would you like a claim?

bolded is stupid town paranoid thought process
you can say whatever the fuck you want, too much information isn't generally a bad thing unless it's not actually information

don't need too much more, probably town

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

varsoon are you honestly just logging the fuck out after a quickhammer?
don't let him get off the hook for that so easily.

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

also i didn't like it how goku just had his vote parked on me for no reason at the end of the day

anyway, if ns flips town, the scumteam has to be varsoon/goku, and goku is the one to be lynched first
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

He won't. I just want to see the flip. May or may not indicate Varsoon's alignment.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Y'know, with you sheeping Nacho like you did, I'm actually fairly sure that Nobody Special will flip Scum. Commenting on whether I'd like to explain why is detrimental to the Town, for the matter.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 499, GuyInFreezer wrote:It's a scumbluff. By saying that "you're gonna call me out on doing this again," one is trying to justify his continuous scummy action with "I don't give a hoot about you think of me. I am what I am."

I liked this.

In post 536, GuyInFreezer wrote:Rem, you're next.

@RY: That's not helping at all. If you're a town, give us your final reads, etc.

This is also good, concern for consolidating things is a double plus good thing.

In post 544, GuyInFreezer wrote:Looks better.

@Rem: now THIS is how you reaction test.

P-Edit: ikr?

+
In post 572, GuyInFreezer wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm confident calling RY town now. The reaction from him was genuine.

transparent thought process, I can buy this easily

In post 648, GuyInFreezer wrote:I would like to ask Rem what made him get a townread on me all of the sudden.

a little bit of quality paranoia

i also like the activity monitoring, the resentment of me for being a non-presence, the flip-flopping on Rem
also town

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 535, RandomYoshi wrote:
R.I.P.

RandomYoshi

Vanilla Townie

Mislynched Day 1 for stupid reasons.

May he win the game for the Town from his grave.

RY can be town.
For this, and consistent follow-up. He handled my pressure decently, and all I can get from his posts afterwards is town, town, town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 97, Varsoon wrote:
In post 95, Nobody Special wrote:I find Varsoon very suspect for not finding me scummy, but rather pointing out that scum could use me for an easy target. Could be a scumslip.

unvote

Vote: Varsoon

See what I said about reads?
Scum's just trying to turn town on itself.
If you scum make town lynch me, it will only turn out poorly, because then town will see how obvious it was that they were being manipulated.

Sorry about saying that you'd be an easy target. I'm just trying to pre-empt any scum moves.

this is a bit strange, actually
it's an appeal to emotion, combines with other nasty things

In post 92, Varsoon wrote:From an outsider's standpoint, I could see how I seem scummy. I was trying to get out RVS with some suggestions. Guess it worked, if not for the best.

eh
too worried about defense

In post 94, Varsoon wrote:Aaah. Again, sorry, this is my first game.

too apologetic

In post 101, Varsoon wrote:
In post 100, Varsoon wrote:
In post 99, fuzzybutternut wrote:What's got you set on NS as scum?

I don't think NS is scum.

Just an asshole, lol.

almost definitely not scum w/NS

In post 229, Varsoon wrote:Except, regardless of explaination, it doesn't change the fact you continued to do those actions.

Regardless, I think that Fuzzy's NoLynch is a definite indicator that he's scum, but I'll hold my vote until he's L minus 1 or 2 and let him make a case.

no reason to wait if town

In post 348, Varsoon wrote:fuzzybutternut - Scum. Especially evident in the No Lynch and breakdown of rhetoric when at L-1.
Approximately Normal Guy - Null. Helpful, if a bit of an ass. Posts in shotgun blasts.
GuyInFreezer - Null. Not enough posts to discern. Seems pro-town, but could be misleading scum.
Remembrance - Null. Same read as GuyInFreezer.
RandomYoshi - Scum. Since both he and Fuzzy voted for Kuror0, I'm feeling more confident on this read. He's too defensive, sheepy, and indecisive.
kuror0 - Null. Really pro-town, but could always be misleading scum. He lurks too hard, but we've been over this. Did an ISO and leaning town on him.
Nobody Special - Null. Leaning town. Posts are short, but pretty pro-town, does some things that could be real scum-bluffing, but that's likely me over-thinking it.
Nachomamma8 -Null. Leaning town. I want to outright say he's town, but he's like the Vegeta of this game--such an anti-hero.

too many nulls

In post 594, Varsoon wrote:I'm not so quick to write Yoshi off, but it feels like he's lynch-proof now.

:/

In post 709, Varsoon wrote:Just so everyone gets the memo.

Nobody Special is at L-2. If anyone votes for him before he makes his case, you will immediately be scum-suspect. NS, please make a case for yourself.

:/

In post 910, Varsoon wrote:UNVOTE: Random Yoshi
VOTE: Remembrance

I'm lynching your play-style.

policy lynch is strange but make sense coming from someone who is getting frustrated with the day

In post 1061, Varsoon wrote:I'd rather the hammer not be dropped so instantly.

and I don't understand why he hammered so instantly

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But if Varsoon is town, he generally has natural thought processes going for him, he has sticking his neck out a lot, he has natural reads, he has natural interactions with me, he has a hard-to-fake tone that draws people to calling him town as fuck. However, with the quickhammer he falls down pretty fucking far in the good books, and during the next day he needs to be pinned down and forced to give a full reads list with no nulls and explain why the fuck he quickhammered. What I hate most about this whole situation is how he was willing to be active and engage UNTIL I called him out for the bullshit quickhammer.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 0, Jackal711 wrote:1) Varsoon
2) fuzzybutternut Eepzy
3) Goku Approximately Normal Guy*
4) GuyInFreezer Nabber*
6) RandomYoshi
8) Nobody Special* (SE)
9) Nachomamma8 (IC)

SO
reads are according to order(T->S)

RY --> fuzzy --> GuyInFreezer ---> (gap) ---> Varsoon --> (gap) ---> Goku.

If NS flips scum, Goku lynch won't be that much of a question. But if he flips town, I would definitely treat Varsoon with caution.
And if NS flips town.
Take.
Your.
Time.

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

freezer what do you think of this quickhammer

please respond before night 2 happens
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

fuzzy, what do you think about gif's play?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

freezer is V/LA.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”