Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'm Perry, and I'm a VT. I'd say Jason next... but that could be forever. So CDB claim.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 4, Votecount 2

JasonT1981 (2) - Benmage, camn

Not voting (7) :
Cerulean, Plessiezarus, JasonT1981, Deasvail, kuribo, ChannelDeliBird, Shaft

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 25th of March at 3:40am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-24 23:40:28)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I am, appropriately, Bird. VT.

Now Jason (cue three-day wait).
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Mod
can we player request a prod on Jason?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I'm Brianna Barksdale, goon with Barksdale organisation. So I am VT.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I'm Brianna Barksdale, goon with Barksdale organisation. So I am VT.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2728, Benmage wrote:
Mod
can we player request a prod on Jason?

given I had posted 12 hours before hand, why? lol
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Benmage »

Sorry Jay.. given your contribution this game... thats why.

ANywhose you didn't pick next. Is Plessie in the neighborhood? Neighboorhoods up, aye?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

aye, popcorn to Plessie it is then.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2732, Benmage wrote:Sorry Jay.. given your contribution this game... thats why.

ANywhose you didn't pick next. Is Plessie in the neighborhood? Neighboorhoods up, aye?

yeah, I neighborized Plessie last night
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2732, Benmage wrote:Is Plessie in the neighborhood? Neighboorhoods up, aye?

Yeah, we're in the neighborhood. Haven't claimed in the QT though, so it makes sense we go first.

We're Wintell "Little Man" Royce, VT/Goon.

Don't think it matters which of Cerulean and DV claim next. DV, I guess, just to pick somebody.

~ Pless
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm Wallace. Daytalk enabler and 1-shot Bodyguard.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Cerulean »

To finish it off...

We're Roland "Wee-Bey" Brice, X-Shot Vigilante.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Excellent, more certain than ever of Cerulean's towniness. I have to think about DV a little bit in light of the claim but I don't think it'll change anything - I'm reasonably happy that we're in a good position to blaze through this with PoE; having reread some overnight, I'm very confident that the remaining scum are camn and Benmage.

I have no doubts at all about Cerulean, kuribo and shaft. I have only the paranoia that comes with seven consecutive dead town against Pless but I'm not listening to it; it's just a natural response. They're not cleared but this is not the sort of townread that you second-guess for no reason.

I'm happy-ish with Jason as town but might reread there just to be sure.

The main focus of my overnight read was Day 1 and I feel there's plenty of reasons to look at camn and Benmage.

camn

camn's 147 is a bit pointless and cherry-picking. 60 posts have come since her last offering and it's composed only of non-alignment-related hydrastyle and a line of questioning to SAD that I simply don't believe she believes in. camn really pushes the post restriction thing past the point of sensibility. I mean, really? Who fakes a generic "street talk" post restriction in a Wire themed game where nobody else is doing the same? Why does camn make this almost the only thing she talks about for several key early pages? She has more sense than that.

Zdenek's 623 & 624 are delicious anti-camn moments, with 670 hammering it home.

With camn's multiple WIFOMy insistences of "oh I'll bus anyone however hard" I have no trouble buying that she saw weakness in her buddy absta and decided to crush him like a bug.

Oh, and you know who makes a great point about camn? absta in 725. and camn just tells him to "tighten up his questions" to discredit his line of attack, confident that she'll soon force his flip and therefore make it harder for town to later push the same valid point.

Then there's all the succession of bullshit she throws at people all game, as discussed at length yesterday.

Benmage

TheGreatestAmericanHero votes Benmage in his first post - if the traitor knew the whole scumteam, this makes me want to vote Benmage. Scum are psychologically more likely to "randomly" vote a buddy because from their POV it becomes a direct choice between voting a buddy and not voting a buddy, a 50-50 rather than just going after whoever like town. It's a point against Benmage.

Benmage's 39: "Yes we are against the cops." - see I'm pretty sure that the natural response here is to say "yes, the cops are the scum" or "Barksdale is town, police is scum". He goes out of his way to say "we". I think you have to do that deliberately.

I could definitely see his 138 as a buddy interaction.

Benmage picks absta up on functional issues like where he is in his catchup and addressing his jason townread as too subjective - feels kinda like a safe interaction.

absta's 900 is begging for the "one-in-three" treatment. Out of Ben, DV and Cerulean I think Ben is clearly the likelier pick (for being at the top of the list as well as scumminess).

-------------------

VOTE: camn
#greenshirtthursdays
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

I really really don't like DV's claim at all. And I don't like how eager he was to claim it (he was asking ActionDan if the latter wanted him to claim his role in the neighbourhood since ... well, since ActionDan was still in the game). The rest of the neighborhood seem to think his willingness to claim "daytalk enabler" at all is a town-tell, apparently, but I can't agree. It's only a town-tell if "daytalk enabler" is his actual role, and I don't think it is. Zar and I suspect DV was just pleased with himself for coming up with the claim and wanted to get it out. He might well enable something else (perhaps the ability of the scum to eavesdrop on the Neighborhood QT I speculated about yesterday?). That might be what gave him the idea.

I don't like the fact DV's claimed role seems to contradict the wording of kuribo's role PM (in the QT, kuribo says his role PM promises he can talk to the people he neighborizes "at all times" which obviously isn't true if DV can prevent daytalk by dying). And, frankly, I don't believe Faraday is the sort of mod to include a "daytalk enabler" in the first place. Faraday loves daytalk and hates encryptors. Since it doesn't fit in with the flavour at all, why would Faraday go against his own previously expressed tastes and include this sort of role now?

~ Pless
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2739, Plessiezarus wrote:I don't like the fact DV's claimed role seems to contradict the wording of kuribo's role PM (in the QT, kuribo says his role PM promises he can talk to the people he neighborizes "at all times" which obviously isn't true if DV can prevent daytalk by dying)

the way I see this, is that as long as DV is alive, the neighborhood has day talk. If he dies, the neighborhood lose their day talk, but still have it at night. At the minute the Neighborhood can talk at 'all times' so the wording is probably right as things stand right now.

But *Shrug*

DV, can you clear that up a bit if you can?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I can't clear it up. Also, A town daytalk enabler is quite different from a scum encryptor?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by camn »

I dont see how day-talk enabling would be necessarily town sided... what if it works for both the neighborhood AND the scum?

UNVOTE
VOTE: DEASVAIL.

In re: CDB- I am not buying his cases. The push on me is shortsighted, and I think he is likely scum- but I am not interested in a 1:1 right now... You guys can jump on me if you want, but it leads to a town-lynch with very little info to be gained, IMO. I wont be defending against peoples 'interpretations' of my D1. If you
actually
want to know what I was thinking, Ill try and answer- if I even remember.

HOWEVER, I think we need to clean up the townscape a little today.
Jason, be he town or Scum, is a bad choice to take into endgame. He had so little in the way of content, which means meager pickings when it actually matters.
DeasVail is less bad, but still suboptimal. Also, I am with Pless- I hate the claim.

My thinking at this stage of games is this: The lurkers, the light-content players.. they are either scum who are hiding, or they will totally be mislynched by active scum in endgame. I have seen it 1000 times, and I hate both outcomes- thus, the rope.
In short- I would rather have a 3:2 with all 5 having left full trails of posts to analyse than a 2:1 with one of the townies being a lurker- because the last is a town loss, almost every time. And a 2:1 with TWO lurkers? one town, one scum? Disaster.

Thus, I support a DV or Jason lynch today- and OF COURSE I support a CDB lynch.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2742, camn wrote:what if it works for both the neighborhood AND the scum?

It does.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2741, DeasVail wrote:Also, A town daytalk enabler is quite different from a scum encryptor?

Not really? (I mean, yes, they're different roles, but to a mod who's on record as saying...
In post 16, Faraday wrote:full daytalk or nothing

(preferably full daytalk)

... I don't think the distinction is that important?) A mod who hates encryptors and thinks scum should have "full daytalk or nothing" is unlikely to include a role whose death would prevent the scum having daytalk. Not when there's no sensible flavour justification for such a thing.

~ Pless
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by camn »

In post 2743, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2742, camn wrote:what if it works for both the neighborhood AND the scum?

It does.

As in, when you die the scum no longer daytalk?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2745, camn wrote:
In post 2743, DeasVail wrote:

It does.

As in, when you die the scum no longer daytalk?

Yes.

(Pleas don't kill me)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by camn »

you are a scum power role.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Man, when empire claimed he was supposed to point out my awesome
feeble
crumb. There were a couple Weebay crumbs, but I thought for sure this one was obvious:

In post 127, Cerulean wrote:Oh hey Arthur - Two things. Did you really pick the strung out drug addict for your avatar. Bubbles is cool and all, but man you couldn't pick someone really cool?

I aint the type of person to deny a man his fun, and you look like you be having fun and all, but
if I don't see real content
product
delivered between your shitposting and rp, Imma pop a cap in your ass. You feel me?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Cerulean »

If it was given to deasvail by the mod as a fake claim it was intended to be a safe claim. I don't like that pless is insinuating that deas made up his role himself and is congratulating himself for being so clever. I also dislike trying to claim a mod dislikes a particular role so it's impossible for him to have this role. Mina's crushing independent thought game had an encyptor, and since Mina is the backup mod and works with faraday on setups I don't think it's completely out of the question that this role could exist.

If you want to find deasvail suspicious on play, then make that case but I'm. It willing to lynch someone because his role might sound like a scum role. People did that to staeg in adwd because he was a Frey cop and that just couldn't be town, but it was.

Also, I'd like to ask you all. If he is scum, why bother admitting to daytalk enabler? Why not just claim one shot bodyguard, which wouldn't be questioned?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”