mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:36 am

Post by mathcam »

You have all the details. I can use this ability once a night, in case that wasn't clear.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:37 am

Post by mathcam »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Can you office switchers please give us the full details of your role? As in, can you blow up offices? What happens if a target of a move dies? Can you be moved out of your office? Anything else that's relevant would be helpful and I don't believe at this point would be detrimental to town.
Sorry, let me answer your question directly. I'm only answering for my role - I can't speak for MMoD.

I cannot blow up offices.
I don't know what happens if my target moves. I'm sure Yaw has an intricate ruleset designed to handle these scenarios.
I think this has already been answered by Uraj moving himself.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

mathcam (4): Coron, Yosarian2, Save The Dragons, spectrumvoid
Fuldu (3): ibaesha, PookyTheMagicalBear, mathcam
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Mastermind of Sin
Uraj45 (1): MrBuddyLee
Oberon (1): Fuldu
PookyTheMagicalBear (1): Oberon
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, Uraj45

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Yaw »

Quagmire replaces Harry_Potter.
Thok replaces ibaesha.

Still looking for armlx and Oberon. Illumina's on my list from pre-crash, so looking for confirmation about that replacement.
Success breeds suspicion
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

I am not a role switcher, nor have I ever been a role switcher. As a matter of fact, I've never even changed offices.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

To clear things up, I just take two people who exist, and switch them, and their names, Jack whatever, changes (as well as their roles). When their names change, Jack A to Jack B, their offices switch too, since I'm pretty sure that offices are bound to the names.

I'm pming the mod right now to clarify something.
Buy mystery meat.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by Thok »

I am here. I need to read the thread, but I approve of the mathcam lynch, and I find it curious that he's trying to use a role to defend himself given that he started attacking BJ for doing the exact same thing.

(As a side note, I noticed early in the thread that BMQ/Pooky were pondering the alphabet stuff meaning something. Maybe I'm being silly to even consider this, but a J-A-C-K mafia might be possible and fits with mathcam/bluemonick scum).
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Uraj45 wrote:I am not a role switcher, nor have I ever been a role switcher. As a matter of fact, I've never even changed offices.
Oh, yeah, mathcam switched with armlx most recently. I'd like to wait for the replacement so fauxarmlx can verify that this isn't just a goof on mathcam's part, but it seems reasonably likely that he's lying.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by Fuldu »

armlx wrote:
Vote Colonel Kurtz

Something just doesn't tick here.... Lordy I've seen act this way before i think and his role makes sense.
armlx wrote:I'm confused, I thought he claimed role swapper. OR did he claim his role was swapped. Or did anyone claim role swappers?????

I'm so confused......
Nope, armlx wasn't the role-swapper. Voting someone (Colonel Kurtz) for voting for someone (lordy) that you (armlx) believe has claimed your own role isn't credible. I still want to wait for the replacement, but this doesn't seem like a plausible claim on mathcam's part.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Quagmire »

hey guys, i'm here! what's happened so far?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:15 pm

Post by Thok »

I should put my vote someplace useful.
unvote Fuldu, vote mathcam
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Post by mathcam »

Thok wrote:I am here. I need to read the thread, but I approve of the mathcam lynch, and I find it curious that he's trying to use a role to defend himself given that he started attacking BJ for doing the exact same thing.
That's hardly the case. In fact, I explicitly disavowed thinking this:
mathcam wrote:I can prove I have this ability tonight, but it's no proof of my motive.
Even if you missed this line (not that there have been *that* many new lines as of late), then I find it surprising that you would even assume I was making this argument, when there are no posts to support it. I'm having a hard enough time defending myself against the stupid things that I *do* do, so I don't have much chance if we also chuck in things that I *don't* do.

Cam
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:59 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I believe mathcam's claim. However, his claim is not his alignment. In light of recent information about switches, I'm preparing myself to reread the game when I'm free (it's 55 pages) to see if I think anyone is more scummy.

unvote
for now.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:00 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Edit: I meant to say his claim doesn't show his alignment.
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:42 am

Post by Thok »

mathcam wrote:Even if you missed this line (not that there have been *that* many new lines as of late), then I find it surprising that you would even assume I was making this argument, when there are no posts to support it. I'm having a hard enough time defending myself against the stupid things that I *do* do, so I don't have much chance if we also chuck in things that I *don't* do.

Cam
You mean, other than the fact that you've said "Don't lynch me, I'm a useful power role!"

Given what Fuldu said, would you being willing to lynch armlx? The behavior Fuldu pointed out doesn't make sense as a protown role swapper, but it does make sense as an antitown role swapper, and I could fairly reasonably see there being both a pro and anti town roleswapper in the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fuldu wrote: Nope, armlx wasn't the role-swapper. Voting someone (Colonel Kurtz) for voting for someone (lordy) that you (armlx) believe has claimed your own role isn't credible.
Sure it is, if Armlx knew there were two role-swappers. Which he would, if some roles got swapped that he didn't do. In fact, if he knew there was another role swapper he might be more likely to defend another person who claimed that role.

MMOD: For the second time; is mathcam's claim plausable? Are there some role-swaps that happened that you didn't cause?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Thok wrote:but it does make sense as an antitown role swapper, and I could fairly reasonably see there being both a pro and anti town roleswapper in the game.
I've been under the impression that all roles and alignments were asigned randomally this game, so there could be two pro-town role-swappers, two anti-town roleswappers, or one pro-town and one anti-town. And of course, if the role's been swapped then it could be anything. Armlx could have been a scum trying to get a more powerful role for himself then a role-swapper, or a townie who thought mathcam was town and could do a better job, or...who knows. At this point, I'm not seeing the role as being any evidence of alingment on anyone's part, unless of course he's lying.

Mathcam: Can you confirm or deny that you were role-blocked night 1?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Coron »

mystery meat of doom wrote:EDBWODP:

On second thought that makes sense considering there was a role-switch on the night I missed my nightchoice (and the fact that he can prove he also has the ability).

This counterclaim was definately a bad move on my part.
He answered that long ago.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, thanks Coron, I misread that post.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:32 pm

Post by mathcam »

Thok wrote: You mean, other than the fact that you've said "Don't lynch me, I'm a useful power role!"
First of all, you're vastly overstating my position on this one. Second, I don't see how you can see this as constituting a defense. A reason to keep me alive, perhaps, but when I specifically say that my role has no bearing on my motive, there's just no way to read that as a defense.

I can neither confirm nor deny my blockage on night 1, since I didn't have a blockable role that night (I could converse with my fellow chatbuddies, but presumably this is not blockable).

Cam
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by Thok »

mathcam wrote:I can neither confirm nor deny my blockage on night 1, since I didn't have a blockable role that night (I could converse with my fellow chatbuddies, but presumably this is not blockable).

Cam
I can confirm that Jack Johnson's office currently only has masonish stuff in it. I think ibby mentioned this earlier. Obviously this doesn't rule out mathcam having separate killing powers.

Could you answer my question about armlx?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by mathcam »

There are only a very few people I wouldn't be willing to lynch today, and armlx is not one of them. So yes.

Cam
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:09 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I've done the read. About the only thing new I've gotten from it is making sure I know who was switched, what was in the offices, etc... just office related stuff. I'm now pretty sure mathcam is teling the truth about his ability. And I'm less certain than before that he's scummy because I blocked him and there was lesser kills. If we have people with same roles, I think it's possible for us to have another roleblocker, or something else could have happened to stop the kill.
Blank.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:54 am

Post by mathcam »

If it'll help something happen,
Unvote: Fuldu, Vote: Armlx.

Cam