Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 316, Remembrance wrote:You know what, I think Nobody Special meant Varsoon is not obv. Town, not Butter (who is in no way obv. town).

Yes, I was talking about Varsoon. Sorry for any confusion.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by RandomYoshi »

Rememberance, I believe . Well, simply put, I haven't been in the mood for Mafia lately (this was because I was mislynched in a game off-site for ridiculous reason), but I'm feeling in the mood right now so I'll see if I can't find something to comment on (which is very likely, seeing as there's some more content to comment on).

So yeah, will produce reads today probably.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by RandomYoshi »

kuror0 is still scummy. I don't know about you, but his looks like bussing. I might be wrong about that, though.

I am also starting to become less confident in my scumread of fuzzy. He's a null read ATM.

GuyInFreezer has only been making generic comments that haven't helped Town that much. But he hasn't posted that much so he's null for me at the moment.

Nobody Special is also a nobody in my reads: a null.

Varsoon is still Town.

My guts say that Rememberance is slight Town.

Nacho isn't as Town as I had thought him to be.
In post 265, Nachomamma8 wrote:If you would like to be useful, you could take a position on one of those two!
This totally isn't you buttering up Varsoon. Nope, not in the slightest.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

@RY: why do you have weaker scumread on fuzzy as before?

(Sorry if my grammar is horribad. English is my 2nd language after all.)
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

More reads.

First of all
@Mod: ANG needs to be prodded.

ANG: he's being reasonable all right. But he haven't voted anyone. (He just unvoted his RVS vote) also, I can't find his scumreads at all. I don't know that's a scumtell or not. Otherwise, not much to go on. I can't get solid read on him 'til he posts more. Null

NS: his post 79 is....wut. I believe that post was for fishing out tractions and stuff. Generally, his posts are short and clean and I like that. Generally, he's scumhunting and stuff and he makes his opinion clear. Leaning town.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

EBWOP: reaction, not traction. Where the hell did word traction came from? -.-
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Post by kuror0 »

Yoshi thought you said you would contribute now... all i see is a bunch of nulls reads. Contributing is not just posting your reads on people, especially when over half the players are null.

In post 327, RandomYoshi wrote:kuror0 is still scummy. I don't know about you, but his looks like bussing. I might be wrong about that, though.

Besides all the nulls this is your only read. Calling bussing when you don't even have a flip on me is kind of weird to say the least. And now that we are on this, I will let you know that, if you or fuzzy flip scum, I will go directly for the other at the next day.
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 328, GuyInFreezer wrote:@RY: why do you have weaker scumread on fuzzy as before?
That's because he's stopped being so stubborn with his No Lynch. He's actually willing to contribute (which was seen in his and Rememberance's small little exchange), and he's putting up a good defence plus that he's actually starting to voice his thoughts.

kuror0 wrote:Yoshi thought you said you would contribute now... all i see is a bunch of nulls reads. Contributing is not just posting your reads on people, especially when over half the players are null.

That's because there is literally nothing alignment-telling in the thread at the moment. I can't see any strong town vibes from anyone, and I can't see any strong scum vibes from anyone - everyone has had his ups and downs.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry about being relatively silent this whole weekend.
It was a busy handful of days for me, without much sleep.
I've been checking the thread, though, and I'll put in my two-cents when I get to work and have some time to post.
For now, gotta go to morning classes.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

Huff, here we go:

In post 285, kuror0 wrote:
In post 284, fuzzybutternut wrote:
That's the thing. You ONLY say something when someone directs something at you.
You're not posting your thoughts, you're only defending yourself.

Nice try. But this is the first time someone talks directly to me.

Also, I haven't post my thoughts? lol. I have voiced my opinion and posted my reasons every time someone take a decision that may have a big impact on the game(you and your no lynch, Varsoon and the quota, etc). None of those were directed to me particularly but i was actively discussing it and posted my thoughts about it. Also as i said in a previous post I've been following my own leads I don't need to sheep someone to scumhunt.

Now, I find hilarious that YOU accuse me of "You're only defending yourself", you got to L-1 because all you were doing was that, and you went from "I've no idea who is scum" to "Oh yeah, now I'm thinking kuro is scum" in 2 posts.

If you really think I am scum then make your case based on facts, if you just jump on anyone someone suggested to try and save your ass, it just makes you look bad.

Yeah, talk when talked to, am I right? You're being really fucking scummy. It's hilarious to watch you backpedal with "I give reasons and only post important posts!", then trip all over yourself to misdirect lynches and point fingers. You've done practically nothing pro-town all game. All you've done is lurk, selectively post, and make town fight itself. You started this game really relaxed and safe, but, lately, you're really antagonistic. It makes reading you a real pain in the ass, because I'm fairly certain that Yoshi is scum, but you keep socking him in the shoulder. I can't decide if this is you trying to subtly get a wagon rolling or if you're trying to get your partner to straighten out or get lynched. Either way, it makes me distrust you.

In post 289, Remembrance wrote:Hi,

Nobody! *hugs* I'm town this game, no one tell you otherwise. They're lying and scum.

Hi Nacho, please don't be scum, I need to learn the ways of scum hunting.

Kuror! Why are you so scummy this game? Will read game again, but not liking your artificial play.

Heya, Remembrance. This is my first game, but, as you can see, it's off to a rough start with lots of inactives and not very much decisive scumhunting. I'm skeptical of your cheerful, "I am not scum, guys, hohoho" introduction, but it's whatever. I'm not going to put you in the box of any alignment until you're a couple posts deep and I can really get a solid read on you.

In post 296, Remembrance wrote:
In post 83, fuzzybutternut wrote:Figured the game needed a little boost of action.

^ See this, pro town.

But you have a good excuse and I believe you. :]

Same question @ everyone else, minus Nacho and Nobody.

I've tried to get the game to be active, and, now that we're over 10 pages in, we can really start scum hunting since we have a pretty solid amount of posts to go off of on each player.

In post 300, Nobody Special wrote:Not so obvious; see here.

Lighten up and post more often.
Maybe you'll thank me for defending you, eventually.

In post 307, kuror0 wrote:So you never checked the thread before the replacements started posting?

Kur0, it's this shit that makes me think you're more and more scummy than before. You're building a case out of evidence that no one can prove other than you. I mentioned Fuzzy's offline/online status as a red herring to see if scum would latch onto it and use similar logic to get Fuzzy to L-1 again, and it seems to have worked.

In post 309, Remembrance wrote:We are not lynching someone over where they go or do not go on certain days. :mad:

I'm not going to defend Fuzzy more than this, he's not worth it. :( Maybe he'll be worth more later. Be more town fuzzy, you have the power.

This is how I feel, more or less.

In post 317, GuyInFreezer wrote:It's too late night here so I'll be posting reads of who I ISO'd so far.

Fuzzy - first of all, his post 137. It looks like a scumbluff to me(psh, I'm not scared of your vote!). many of his actions looks scummy during that NL discussion. Constant "meta me" defence (193,202) didn't look good. With 4 games, meta doesn't help people much. Also, I see the "meta me" defense as llazy defense. Also with the nl vote and saying "is there any scums this game?" Strikes as he wasn't actively scumhunting. (176). Post 278 looks like he is happy that he escaped the pressure that was on him. Leaning scum.

Varsoon: I don't like his "I'm a newb. Understand me" stuffs. It sounds like he's setting up so that he might cover his "slips" with the "I'm a newb" excuse. I didn't like his reaction against NS's reads AT ALL. Also at one point he calls over-eager to scumhunt a scumtell. What? His post 121 looks weird (the part about he being sorry for making a case on RY.) However, his play in general seems pro-town, such as trying to generate more discussions and stuff. So for now, null.

I'll do the rest tomorrow.

@Rem: coaching your scumbuddy fuzzy in post 309? :P

Welcome to the game, GuyInFreezer!
I still feel like Fuzzy and Yoshi are scum, which -really- puts a foul taste in my mouth now that I am considering Kur0 as scum as well. I agree wholly with your points about Fuzzy, but now that I'm considering Kur0 as scum and re-reading Fuzzy's post, it seems more and more like Fuzzy is just really shitty at defending himself. Regardless, he's been really scummy and he's my second choice for scum right now, tied with Yoshi.

I'm sorry if it feels like I've been playing the noob card a bit much. There is -a lot- to learn about this game. If I make any slips, feel free to call attention to them. I will defend myself to the best of my ability. I think this is something everyone should do, as it'll make scum more transparent.

UNVOTE: RandomYoshi
VOTE: kuror0

I think this puts kuror0 at L-1.

I'm doing this because this game needs to go somewhere, and you're being scummier than Yoshi has ever been. It does bust my balls that my two previous scumreads are currently voting to lynch you, but, keep in mind, this play is also to see how they react to this.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 310, GuyInFreezer wrote:So is that mean you won't ever talk unless someone talks to you directly?

Notice how kuror0 has more than one post. This means that your attack is a strawman and patently false.

In post 327, RandomYoshi wrote:This totally isn't you buttering up Varsoon. Nope, not in the slightest.

That's me finding a possible scumteam and prodding for feedback on it. What makes you think I was buddying up to Varsoon, and why would I need to do that as scum?

In post 334, Varsoon wrote:I'm doing this because this game needs to go somewhere, and you're being scummier than Yoshi has ever been. It does bust my balls that my two previous scumreads are currently voting to lynch you, but, keep in mind, this play is also to see how they react to this.

I don't think kuror0 is scum at this point in time, please unvote. His reaction to getting some votes is town as fuck, RY is still scum, and Guy in Freezer might be a great choice for the scum I missed before.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:39 am

Post by Remembrance »

UNVOTE: Kuror
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Remembrance »

Good job Varsoon. You've generated 3 evidence posts by making that post. And clearly indicated your total lack of newbie town self-awareness. If he's not town, I will cry gameplay tears.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Remembrance »

Evidence I have for Nabber:

Nabber never said a single thing indicative of alignment(that I could discern). This is pretty related to his meta (his only other game) where he said, a total of two things indicative of his alignment. He has not said one this game. Which might be scummier than usual, and this person (GuyinFreezer) has replaced him.

Stupid LOGIC: In my last, and only completed game so far, both I and another play replaced out near the same time. I replaced back in, I was town and he was scum.

Since I am town this game, ergo, Guyinfreezer is scum. :neutral:

VOTE: GuyInFreezer Why'd you have to go and misrep Kuror? :(
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 335, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 334, Varsoon wrote:I'm doing this because this game needs to go somewhere, and you're being scummier than Yoshi has ever been. It does bust my balls that my two previous scumreads are currently voting to lynch you, but, keep in mind, this play is also to see how they react to this.

I don't think kuror0 is scum at this point in time, please unvote. His reaction to getting some votes is town as fuck, RY is still scum, and Guy in Freezer might be a great choice for the scum I missed before.

I was about to say to put a vote on Yoshi or make a case if you think he's scum, but you already have done those things, and so have I.

In post 337, Remembrance wrote:Good job Varsoon. You've generated 3 evidence posts by making that post. And clearly indicated your total lack of newbie town self-awareness. If he's not town, I will cry gameplay tears.

Generated 3 evidence posts (so far).
We'll see what he turns up, but it's surprising how hesitant everyone is to lynch in this game. Votes and Lynches are the only power that town has. Mafia's going to try to have us misuse our power, but that's because it scares them.

While it is a little unsettling that the second anyone gets to L-1 or L-2, everyone shifts votes around, I'm going to chalk this up to town hesitation over a mislynch rather than manipulation via scum to keep scum from being lynched.

Back to where I was a few posts ago, but now with a little more learned.
UNVOTE: kuror0
VOTE: RandomYoshi

Also-also, Remembrance, you bring up a point I made earlier--I was skeptical to make reads because of the inactives and I feel that one of them was highly likely scum. You seem a bit quick to call out GuyWithATouhouIcon, but I understand where you're coming from. I'm keeping an eye on both of you, though.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Remembrance »

^FYI, I liked your old Avatar more. Dark souls is a good game, but that avatar sucks.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 340, Remembrance wrote:^FYI, I liked your old Avatar more. Dark souls is a good game, but that avatar sucks.

Thanks! Send me a PM about stuff not related to the game, though. Otherwise, it is distracting fluff.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 341, Varsoon wrote:
In post 340, Remembrance wrote:^FYI, I liked your old Avatar more. Dark souls is a good game, but that avatar sucks.

Thanks! Send me a PM about stuff not related to the game, though. Otherwise, it is distracting fluff.

no outside communication
:(
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Remembrance »

Psh, Against the rules. You trying to get me mod killed? And you started it by mentioning the Touhou Avatar.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Remembrance »

Ah. Don't do that again Varsoon. It's not bannable, but be more careful next time.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

Eep, didn't realize you can't even discuss -avatars- via PM.
Sorry, man. Brohous before Touhous.

Anyway, can we focus on the game?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Now continue with my reads (more like notes now XD).

RY
: post 63 seems town-ish. his post 86 skips the read about ANG, and then immediately votes ANG in post 88 saying "oh I forgot about him. also, he's my biggest scumread." It looks kinda awkward. His post 82 seems like he's just riding the general flow of the game. Oh. He admits that in post 112. In post 148, he points out fuzzy on not telling people fuzzy's change on V's read. Neither did RY at that point. His read changes in post 152 and.... V is in town again suddenly? And that was after Nacho pointing out that RY changed his read too quickly. First town-ish post in Post 216 from him imo. In post 218, he calls Nacho's post 207 as "obvious town post" and calls him a big townread. As far as I can see, I only see post 207 as IC post. In post 272.... uh... where did that Kuror0 vote came from? Post 274 he suddenly decided to "keep on eyes on nacho."

He seems flip-floppy, tends to ride the general flow of the game and stuff. Overall, leaning scum.

Rem
: I've been
stalking him
following some of his games and he seems like he really hates people calling him scum. So far, I see it as a personality stuff. (It's fun to poke him though :twisted: ) No reads on him so far. Kitie really didn't post much, and it seems like Rem haven't finish his re-read so far. I guess Null for now.

Nacho and Kuror0 left.

P-edit

Note to self: never joke-comment.

Notice that I haven't pushed him further regarding that or even placed a vote on him. I wasn't planning on attacking him with that one silly quote as that would be dumb. I just forgot to unvote at the last post I made, and just a unvote seemed kinda empty so I made a joke post.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 345, Varsoon wrote:Eep, didn't realize you can't even discuss -avatars- via PM.
Sorry, man. Brohous before Touhous.

Anyway, can we focus on the game?

yeah no not when you met someone if a game.
if it's your friend or whatever it's fine, but not when you just met someone

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

GuyInFreezer, who do you think is more scum--Yoshi or Fuzzy? I feel like they're both really scummy, but I'm leaning more towards Yoshi.
As for my rationale, my earlier posts speak to why I think both of them deserve a lynch.

Speaking of, here's my current reads:

fuzzybutternut - Scum. Especially evident in the No Lynch and breakdown of rhetoric when at L-1.
Approximately Normal Guy - Null. Helpful, if a bit of an ass. Posts in shotgun blasts.
GuyInFreezer - Null. Not enough posts to discern. Seems pro-town, but could be misleading scum.
Remembrance - Null. Same read as GuyInFreezer.
RandomYoshi - Scum. Since both he and Fuzzy voted for Kuror0, I'm feeling more confident on this read. He's too defensive, sheepy, and indecisive.
kuror0 - Null. Really pro-town, but could always be misleading scum. He lurks too hard, but we've been over this. Did an ISO and leaning town on him.
Nobody Special - Null. Leaning town. Posts are short, but pretty pro-town, does some things that could be real scum-bluffing, but that's likely me over-thinking it.
Nachomamma8 -Null. Leaning town. I want to outright say he's town, but he's like the Vegeta of this game--such an anti-hero.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

If I have to choose between RY and Fuzzy, I would choose RY. But let me finish my analyzing first.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”