/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay re-made it through the first 10 pages and think that ces/wicked are good votes. If either is scum, the other works...

CES - Why did it take you so long to start questioning Llamarble?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Someone he called scum is probably scum. Just saying. I kind of think CES is being more driving then he normally is. It makes me think town on him, probably in the same way Empire thinks he spots a town read.

Also you are forgiven but I'm watching you for Day 5 mind changes. O_O
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 772, Tammy wrote:I'm having second thoughts on my leaning town read on CES. His insistence on there being a three person scum team when Vi was saying four is rubbing me the wrong way. The thing is Faraday ran a game at Westeros that started the same day as this game and it was 16 person with a 4 person scum team that was limited in the amount of kills they could make the first four days, so a 3 person scum team with a traitor follows along with the type of balance he used in the game he created at the same time. Does this make sense?

That was pre-announced + this game should be more mountainous. I'm pretty sure the important point was that 4 was too much anyway.

In post 775, Tammy wrote:CES - Why did it take you so long to start questioning Llamarble?

I was waiting for him to say he'd towninate.

I see Vi's suspicion of Johhog didn't actually extend to reading his posts.

Vote: Vi
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 2, Votecount 2

OhGodMyLife (1) - Tierce
Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum (3) - Llamarble, Empire, Tammy

Benmage (1) - OhGodMyLife
WickedestJr (2) - Shadoweh, Nachomamma8

Not voting (4) :
Deasvail, Konowa, Vi, Wickedestjr

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 21st of March at 11:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-21 19:15:44)
  • WickedestJr is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 am

Post by Vi »

In post 756, Vi wrote:Why is Konowa Town again?
Does anyone actually know the answer to this? :?

CES 777 wrote:I see Vi's suspicion of Johhog didn't actually extend to reading his posts.
This sounds like the sort of incoherent mostly-snark thing I would say. I would just
hate
it if my brand of uncool rubbed off on you.

Ideally more when I have time.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 am

Post by Konowa »

Because I am generally awesome and such.

Vote: Wicked

Note: I'm out the door in like five minutes to go take an exam for my state license today, eeek, and then work so nothing from me till tomorrow night probably.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 765, Shadoweh wrote:Sob. I can't believe I stayed off the traitor because the Tracker's vote on them looked suspicious. Gonna do some ~*~rereading~*~ but first.
Saying that CTD doesn't feel like a vig shot is ignoring that he was very nearly the main wagon yesterday and there were many people with lingering suspicion on him. Also Traitors generally don't die when they are killed, so let's just go with Johhog murdered and CTD murdered for JUSTICE okay?

Let's stop talking about who shot who, okay?

Meanwhile, I need to do a little reanalyzing. I still am watching Empire, but I don't really think he's scum this game. Still feeling fine with a Wicked lynch, but I want to focus a lot more on CES-Vi today.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 am

In post 779, Vi wrote:This sounds like the sort of incoherent mostly-snark thing I would say. I would just hate it if my brand of uncool rubbed off on you.

I think you'll find that it does, in fact, cohere.

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Empire »

Won't have internet for the rest of the day so more posting tomorrow.

Vi, CES, T/S
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 783, Empire wrote:Vi, CES, T/S
Short answer: S

I said D1 that I thought CES was Town; his means of coming around to suspecting me seemed logical and supported by a surprising amount of thought (specifically "any that he chose to share"). At this point it seems evident to me that CES is tunneling me as an end to itself; if you understand what he's said about me Today, please tell me. Something similar happened with {Vi, N, penguin_alien}; notice that not only did CES coax both of the two wagons, but he deliberately didn't choose until his vote would hold the least accountability ("just put one down for the sake of avoiding No Lynch"). Now look at this exhaustive list of people CES has pushed over the course of the game:

Vi

Llamarble (when he had the big wagon)

N

penguin_alien

CES may move in mysterious ways, much like God and that guy handing out free candy on the corner, but put in that context I don't think it's completely inscrutable.

Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
(L-3)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 pm

I may have conflated Tierce and you a bit in hindsight. My point was simply being suspicious of someone and not picking up on a fairly explicit softclaim is not all that likely to be the result of diligent scumhunting.

I don't see how anything you mentioned is supposed to be plausible anyway. Accountability, really?

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 785, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:My point was simply being suspicious of someone and not picking up on a fairly explicit softclaim is not all that likely to be the result of diligent scumhunting.
Oh, so you killed Johhog.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Or anyone else who takes the time to read Tammy's walls.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 787, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Or anyone else who takes the time to read Tammy's walls.
That definitely implicates you more than me.

Actually there's something else implicating you more than me too.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Is it dwa? Because I never thought that was a particularly well thought-out theory.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 788, Vi wrote:
In post 787, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Or anyone else who takes the time to read Tammy's walls.

Sympathy for the reader.

unvote
vote: Vi
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 784, Vi wrote:

I said D1 that I thought CES was Town; his means of coming around to suspecting me seemed logical and supported by a surprising amount of thought (specifically "any that he chose to share"). At this point it seems evident to me that CES is tunneling me as an end to itself; if you understand what he's said about me Today, please tell me. Something similar happened with {Vi, N, penguin_alien}; notice that not only did CES coax both of the two wagons,
but he deliberately didn't choose until his vote would hold the least accountability
("just put one down for the sake of avoiding No Lynch"). Now look at this exhaustive list of people CES has pushed over the course of the game:

This doesn't seem like a very valid point. I've only seen CES!scum a few times, but none of those time did he deliberately try to avoid choosing a vote so that his vote didn't have much accountability. He might still be scum here, but this is a weak.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 776, Shadoweh wrote:Someone he called scum is probably scum. Just saying.

Also you are forgiven but I'm watching you for Day 5 mind changes. O_O

This is entirely possible.

You are holding me to a higher standard than I am capable of. Silly Shadoweh haven't you noticed if I'm alive past day three, I start distrusting almost everyone? :shifty:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 791, Tammy wrote:
In post 784, Vi wrote:

I said D1 that I thought CES was Town; his means of coming around to suspecting me seemed logical and supported by a surprising amount of thought (specifically "any that he chose to share"). At this point it seems evident to me that CES is tunneling me as an end to itself; if you understand what he's said about me Today, please tell me. Something similar happened with {Vi, N, penguin_alien}; notice that not only did CES coax both of the two wagons,
but he deliberately didn't choose until his vote would hold the least accountability
("just put one down for the sake of avoiding No Lynch"). Now look at this exhaustive list of people CES has pushed over the course of the game:
This doesn't seem like a very valid point. I've only seen CES!scum a few times, but none of those time did he deliberately try to avoid choosing a vote so that his vote didn't have much accountability. He might still be scum here, but this is a weak.
Luckily, I said a fair amount more than you bolded.

Tammy wrote:
In post 788, Vi wrote:
Sympathy for the reader.

unvote
vote: Vi
We're talking about CES; it's more like this.

If it makes you feel better, I've not read several peoples' walls. (If that doesn't make you feel better, etc.)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 pm

I had a dream last Night that Glrok and OGML were accusing me based on 5-year old meta. I think that's an accurate assessment of what I think of Vi's accusations.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, I'm here! And hopefully I'll be more active, but I can't say for sure. Sorry about all this. :(

Anyway, I'm not going to spend too much time on this today, so going over ISOs will need to wait (I might go over CTD's actually, we'll see).

First, I think I'll have Konowa as a scumread. Basically I've been waiting for him to actually care about me accusing him of making up the reason for calling Tierce town after he made such a fuss over me asking for Empire's thoughts instead of his (which was also just weird by the way) but he hasn't. Why make such a fuss over it if he doesn't actually want to respond to my accusation?

Also, I actually think CES's attack on Vi is pretty town, and thinking about it I may have Vi as a scumread now too.

Here's the thing. I picked up on Johhog's softclaim and I think I'm usually pretty clueless about these things, so I think it's pretty likely that Vi would have especially if he was actually interested in reading Johhog as CES said (I actually don't remember this so I'm just trusting CES for now). Also, feels pretty forced and "look how town I am".
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Vi »

In post 795, DeasVail wrote:Here's the thing. I picked up on Johhog's softclaim and I think I'm usually pretty clueless about these things, so I think it's pretty likely that Vi would have especially if he was actually interested in reading Johhog as CES said (I actually don't remember this so I'm just trusting CES for now).
Not sure what you're saying in the parentheses.

With regard to what Johhog said that's being taken as a softclaim - on the one hand, I can kind of understand it
now
. On the other hand, N was doing the same thing, I'm doing the same thing, and the take-home message I got from Johhog's comment was more akin to this. But more importantly, you're missing the same thing CES is.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am

N gave explicit motivation for his change and you're in your own special category regardless. "Does me playing differently necessarily mean that I'm scum?" seems fairly explicit regardless.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:51 am

Post by Vi »

In post 797, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:N gave explicit motivation for his change and you're in your own special category regardless. "Does me playing differently necessarily mean that I'm scum?" seems fairly explicit regardless.
If you say so.

I'm flattered I'm in my own special category, given how recent a development
that
seems to be.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Empire »

In post 785, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:My point was simply being suspicious of someone and not picking up on a fairly explicit softclaim is not all that likely to be the result of diligent scumhunting.

A ton of people suspected Johhog despite him making that post and despite Tammy pointing out the PR possibility in her wallpost (and even I was wavering on the Johhog townread at the end of the day). I don't really see why Vi is being singled out here, especially given that this roster is fairly competent and should have caught that/considered it more.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”