Day 3, Votecount 23

Equinox (6) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, Plessiezarus, JasonT1981, Shaft

BT (5) - kuribo, Deasvail, Cerulean, Zdenek, camn
Nostredeus (1) - Benmage

Not voting (1) :
Equinox

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Deasvail is V/la

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 2468, Cerulean wrote:Actually, tempted to take Benmage out of that lynch pool since he looks really town and I've had a strong townread on him all game based off his own individual play but I'm a paranoid baby and some of his interactions w
ith absta were kinda bad from memory.

I should probably reread that too now that I think about it.

?

In post 2469, camn wrote:
Hm.
I am also entertaining the idea of Benmage scum. I know I read him as town. I know this. But that's what he would want me to think.

Hm.

He could be.

In post 2474, Cerulean wrote:Exhibit A. No one knew that absta was death fodder, until he actually was death fodder. If it is possible that the scum team is small,
then early bussing is unlikely

Thats a good point. ^This whole post is legit. Makes me reconsider BT.

In post 2551, camn wrote:What is your point Ben?
I have selfvoted as scum before.

Kuribo gets a townread for WHY he was selfvoting, not the fact that he did.

I was educating zd... Uhm yeah I know it's always about the why.. ANd the 'why's always read exasperated town. (Then again like I said outside of a selfhammer or maybe rvs nonsense I only see town selfvote)... So I say 'selfvote'... but I mean that encompassing how the self vote happened.

I don't think I have the ability in me to change a Nost read:post 2563 :( ...this was a great post. Nost. After you do look at wagons, a keynote is how someone joins a wagon.

In post 2581, Shaft wrote:
In post 2576, BT wrote:Intended for Cerulean and anyone keeping up with these arguments.

k yeah, Gonna be honest, I don't see the big back and forth thing proving anything about alignment. It looks like a disagreement, nothing more, but if one of you guys catch an inconsistent slip, you could bold it.

Yes, spolier next time please.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 2598, Equinox wrote:
In post 2597, Plessiezarus wrote:Has Equinox claimed already? Don't want anybody to hammer without a claim.

No, I have not.

Why you're L-1.

Consider this intent.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2596, Cerulean wrote:Meh he's not a better lynch probably. The last message empire left was that he wouldn't lose any tears over an equinox lynch. But, he did tell me he'd let me know what he thought about her meta fitting town more than scum when he got back from his exam, but I'm guessing he doesn't feel really confident in that. And part of that is probably there are only so many people we think are in the scum pool unless we're off on a town read somewhere.

In the last post from Empire addressing his Equinox read (#2467), we got the impression he was actually pretty confident on his town read on her. But your later posts seem to indicate you've both lost faith in it. Can you shed some light me on what is it that is making you guys waver back and forth on this meta-read? Did Empire note anything in particular that changed his mind?

~ Zar.

~Link fixed
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2603, Plessiezarus wrote:In the last post from Empire addressing his Equinox read (#2467), we got the impression he was actually pretty confident on his town read on her. But your later posts seem to indicate you've both lost faith in it. Can you shed some light me on what is it that is making you guys waver back and forth on this meta-read? Did Empire note anything in particular that changed his mind?

Erm, not sure where you're getting the impression that I was confident in that post, hence why I said it was based off really old meta that I had to go over again.

In related news, I'm going over the games you linked now.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by Cerulean »

equinox
you gonna get around to claiming this century?

My guess is if you had anything worth claiming you'd have done it already and this is just a stalling tactic.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2605, Cerulean wrote:My guess is if you had anything worth claiming you'd have done it already and this is just a stalling tactic.

Seeing how I haven't gotten all EXCITED over claiming, yeah, I don't have anything special. Also, I am stalling because I didn't want to get hammered and then thread-locked while reading, which would suck.

But, hey, since I'm responding to you, I might as well.

Avon Barksdale, 1-shot kill proof.

I'd have noted the delicious irony except I'm no longer claiming to Benmage.

While I'm here claiming, not sure how relevant this is now given that the setup speculation re: number of scum occurred a long while ago, but there's probably an Omar running around because he's mentioned, but then again so were the East Side and so far their presence hasn't been apparent, so they might not be here at all.

Gonna read for the next century or so, then.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Equinox - Flavor please, especially why you're 1-shot kill proof. Thnx.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2607, Cerulean wrote:Equinox - Flavor please, especially why you're 1-shot kill proof. Thnx.

I scoff at cops. I haven't harmed anyone who didn't deserve it. I'm sort of angry because I'm juggling police, Omar, my own guys being wusses, and East Side. I'll be fine, though, because I've got money and I've got connections, and people remember me.

I'm also a kingpin.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by Cerulean »

*wimper*
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Cerulean »

*whimper* even (I can't spell)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2610, Cerulean wrote:*whimper* even (I can't spell)

Please don't tell me you're having cold feet.

I mean, if you have cold feet because I'm being super town here or something, then that'd be rad, but if it's because of the claim then don't forget that this is a Faraday game and also don't forget that there's a wandering gun that isn't police-aligned.

...why am I even saying all this.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2611, Equinox wrote:

I mean, if you have cold feet because I'm being super town here or something, then that'd be rad, but if it's because of the claim then
don't forget that this is a Faraday game
and also don't forget that there's a wandering gun that isn't police-aligned.

yeah, empire just got a history lesson in the last year of faraday's games.

I'm just entering the stage of the game when I want to cry in a corner is all.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by Cerulean »

But speaking of Equinox, since you mention a non-police-aligned wandering gun, would you expect there to be a member of the scum team that's bp?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2613, Cerulean wrote:But speaking of Equinox, since you mention a non-police-aligned wandering gun, would you expect there to be a member of the scum team that's bp?

Sounds reasonable from a balance standpoint. I think I've seen bulletproofs of town and scum alignment in a Large once upon a time, so it's not like it's never been done before, but I don't know if it's something Faraday would do.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

Fun fact: jasonT1981 made 46 posts on Day 1, 44 posts on Day 2, and... 6 posts on Day 3. I mean, he's probably town, but holy shit.

Okay, so I might be back later tonight except I'm a bit more likely to just fall asleep phone in hand, so don't be surprised if I don't.

DeasVail is probably town based on reading his iso and then thinking spontaneously that he didn't feel like he did in Mafia in La-La Land, so that's a good sign and that's one off the list.

Pretty sure ChannelDelibird is town now. Same read as before but for a different reason, but either way he's not it, since habitual lurking as scum is hard to change, especially if it's a 7-year-old habit. Also what camn said?

I don't remember if I said this, but keep an eye on Nostredeus. He says he expects heat for pushing my wagon; make sure he gets it, please. I'm actually not sure if he's scum and I'm getting waffly because on the one hand he looks like scum but on the other he's... explainable, but I'm sure that he will make more sense tomorrow once he faces an actual result and consequence of a stance he's taken and explained. That didn't make sense, did it? Whatever, just pressure him.

...geez, I've been reading for 4 hours and that's all I've got. This is embarrassing.

Fuck sleeping. I'm going to finish what I promised to do. If I take too long though then assume I'm asleep and will likely not be able to post significance until the next afternoon, which is probably too long.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2604, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2603, Plessiezarus wrote:In the last post from Empire addressing his Equinox read (#2467), we got the impression he was actually pretty confident on his town read on her

Erm, not sure where you're getting the impression that I was confident in that post, hence why I said it was based off really old meta that I had to go over again.

"I honestly don't think Equinox is scum" sounded pretty confident to me, even with the caveat about needing to check old meta again.

(Have you linked to this old meta yet?)
In post 2606, Equinox wrote:Seeing how I haven't gotten all EXCITED over claiming, yeah, I don't have anything special. [...]

Avon Barksdale, 1-shot kill proof.

... how is Avon Barksdale not "anything special" in a game where the town is made up of
people who work for Avon Barksdale
? I mean, yes, Faraday likes having high profile characters as fake-claims, but that seems like it would be going a bit far even for him :?.

Ugh. Actually, UNVOTE: while I wait to talk things over with Zar. Because of my own set-up speculation (non-zero chance of Omar as lyncher, somebody else as vig/SK) I'm a bit wary about leaving a possible Avon at L-1 while we do that :?
In post 2611, Equinox wrote:

[...]

A good question. Do you often try to to talk people into following through with their plans to lynch you?

~ Pless
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm back I guess.

I'm sort of caught up, but I did a bit of skimming so if there's something that needs my attention that I obviously don't know about, someone should just tell me.

Despite the claim drama, I kind of still want to lynch BT. He just feels like scum to me, and I agree with what others have said about him too. I'm ok with an Equinox lynch at this stage, but preferred is BT.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:17 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I have seen 'main' characters as safe claims before. As we've speculated already, entirely plausible that there is a bulletproof scum role, given that there are two kills going around. Entirely plausible that Avon Barksdale is a safe claim for exactly that bulletproof scum role.

Equinox should be lynched.
#greenshirtthursdays
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Seriously if you were Avon why didn't you just claim your character like a ridiculous number of pages ago and we could have done something, especially given how I feel about Avon (See the post where I mentioned Avon and Stringer)... We've got less than a day to deadline, BT is a bad lynch that is no doubt going to get pushed through because of this, and you're expendable; unless I hear something special from someone I'm following through, if I do hear something special I'll potentially be cool with a wagon on camn. :/

*Whimpers also*
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:24 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 24

Equinox (5) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, JasonT1981, Shaft

BT (5) - kuribo, Deasvail, Cerulean, Zdenek, camn

Nostredeus (1) - Benmage

Not voting (2) :
Equinox, Plessiezarus

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Deasvail is V/la

Just around a Day or so until deadline.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

And still no vote from Equinox. You can't say "Nostredeus must be investigated only when I flip" while ruling out self-hammering to ensure that we get a flip. Why are you not voting for BT so that we get a different flip? And do you actually have any scumreads at all?
#greenshirtthursdays
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 am

Post by Equinox »

Plessiezarus, it's quite reasonable to use main characters as safe claims. Someone here mentioned Cersei as a safe claim before. As for your question, it's a habit of mine. Been told it's bad, still do it anyway.

ChannelDelibird, I know you're pumped for this lynch, but the more you gloat, the more you will swallow~

I actually don't have scum reads. :S

And now that sleep has happened, I will go rectify that.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 am

Post by kuribo »

Nos, you'd be cool with running camn up with like deadline tomorrow?

Is it all the softclaiming?

Here's the thing: equinox's claim and kise's claim are hard to justify as both town. Scum certainly must have a way of preventing cross kills.

Gotta admit I'm biased because I've claimed BP as scum many times. So it sets off alarms in my head
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2622, Equinox wrote:Plessiezarus, it's quite reasonable to use main characters as safe claims.

Main characters as safe-claims, sure. Absolutely what I'd expect. It was the actual
leader
of the town faction being a fake-claim that I found odd. But Zar reminds me that both Cersei and Twyin were given out as fake-claims in ASOS, even though the Lannisters were the town faction. So yeah, back to wanting you lynched.

VOTE: Equinox

~ Pless

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”