Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Another long one...
Canucklehead17 wrote:It was bad terminology to say I wanted to "knock off LL". What I meant is putting all his "Townie Tells" and "Scum Tells" behind us, and paying them no heed from henceforth.
I want to knock off you and I sure as hell don't mean ignore you for the rest of the game. Forgive me if I fail to see the connection between the two terms.
Canucklehead17 wrote:I beg your pardon, but you were SUSPICIOUS of Jack, and your SUSPICIONS only confirmed MINE. So, I voted for Jack, and explained why, and suddenly your my SCAPEGOAT?
True dat. Like I said, I'm not coming after you for what you said.

Picture this. Johny says, "The moon is made of green cheese!"
Nathan says, "I agree! Johny said it, so it must be true!"

In this case, Nathan is not saying that he believes the moon is made of green cheese, but that Johny is correct. That way, when Johny is shot down, Nathan can blame Johny.

In any case, one of us voted for Jack, while one of us didn't. I was actually more inclined to vig Jack based on apparently poor + possibly scummy play.
C to the nuckle to the head wrote:Umm, yeah? Isn't that what I already said? I think I specifically said that I was trying out LL's "Townie Tells", and if they were wrong, then we could officially forget about LL.

So you think it's better to lose control of your own thoughts just to prove someone wrong?

"I'm going to prove to people that cars are dangerous by letting go of the wheel and pedals in the middle of the freeway! It's the car's fault if I screw people over!"

BTW,
IGMEOY Twito
for the same thing. Letting others think for you gives the scum a blank check for mayhem, even if you are following a pro-town member.
CaKNUCKLE wrote:WRONG. You can translate that, rather, that I was using your suspicions to explain my vote. Which(and gee, I guess I was wrong), I thought you were supposed to defend your postition.
Nothing wrong with defending your position. Nothing wrong with siding with someone. Nothing wrong with saying someone else's reasons. Something wrong with setting up the other person with the fall. This point is not my strongest against you, but coupled with "knock off" and "regret," this paints a telling picture.
Canucklehead wrote:WRONG again. I said I may end up regretting it cause I figured there would be someone like YOU and Maz out there who'd find it suddenly suspicious. But I had(and have) my suspicions, and I stood and stand by them.
It is interesting to note that you regret getting caught rather than regret possibly icing a townie to prove your point.

In fact, you seem to be weilding a double-edged sword.

Either Jack is scum and you're following me, or Jack is a townie and you want to prove LL wrong.

But instead, you've taken initiative to cover your own ass.
Canucklehead17 wrote:Now, I know this may only further suspicions against me, but I won't sit around while people mis-interpret my posts. Don't you THINK if I was scum I'd be a bit more careful? Sure, I've only played online mafia for a couple of months, but I've been scum in other games, and through several days, no one has a clue. I KNOW what I'm doing, so don't give me the "oh, the newb is scum, so he slipped up" crap.
You use a WIFOM to defend yourself, you appeal to emotion, and your use of n00b is intreguing.

First of all, I'm unaware of anyone hosing you because you are a n00b.

Second of all, you have been very careful. I'd say you've gone under my radar for most of the game until that point.

Third of all, when people are scum, they make mistakes. When people are townies, they make mistakes. I can't say for sure, but the fact you say "I made a mistake in my wording" makes me think you're backtracking. Because it would be a good idea to discredit/remove LL as town if he's leading the town astray.

My roomate is running in and out of the room...anyway...that is all for now.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Three announcements:

1) Under NO* condition whatsoever will I be voting for Canuckle today (day1), tomorrow (day2), nor the day after tomorrow (day3).

2) If Canuckle hits 8 votes today, I will be all-out defending him.

3) If, by some fluke, my defense does not work on Canuckle and he DOES get lynched, I want it noted on the record that I peered into his soul and saw him as a townie. Maybe that will give me some more credibility in future days.

I don't have anything else of particular note at the moment, but though I'm quieter than normal, rest assured, I am still peering deep into your souls
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:16 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

I forgot to complete the *

*unless a cop investigates him as evil, he roleclaims the queen, whatever

actually, I wouldn't lynch him even if he roleclaimed the queen

anyways...Canuckle = townie, guys. Go for somebody else.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:21 am

no.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Fritzler »

[quote="LuckayLuck"]2) If Canuckle hits 8 votes today, I will be all-out defending him.[/quote]you're not all out defending him now?
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

Fritzler wrote:
LuckayLuck wrote:2) If Canuckle hits 8 votes today, I will be all-out defending him.
you're not all out defending him now?
I have not even begun to defend him
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Fritzler »

LuckayLuck wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
LuckayLuck wrote:2) If Canuckle hits 8 votes today, I will be all-out defending him.
you're not all out defending him now?
I have not even begun to defend him
real townies defend any one the y think is pro town while they're getting run up

so you're not a real townie...
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:47 am

Post by Arafax »

VitaminR : Your defense of Canucklehead17 is noted.

LuckayLuck : How many people did you actually "see" in the night?
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:51 am

Post by IH »

Wait wait wait. LL never claimed cop. By peering into their soul, he means "seeing scum and town tells"

make sure to look at his other posts instead of dropping in and out and seeing this.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Canucklehead17 wrote:
Maz Madias wrote:Also C-head....Why would you mention role claiming?...You have 2 votes on you (maybe 3)....IMO there is no reason to even mention claiming....I mean who doesn't role claim when they're about to get lynched?...Your posts just screams more over defensiveness.
Actually, I believe I was up to four.

At any rate, I think you're reading too much into it. Honestly, calm down eh?
I'm pretty sure that wasn't me.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:59 am

Post by Maz Medias »

^quotes are fucked

This game sucks.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by Arafax »

Canucklehead17 wrote:Canucklehead, if you aren't a townie, you are the best mafia-role new mafia player of all time. You would be a prodigy.

You do not even need to be peeked by the seer to be a confirmed townie at this point. You're a townie. Townie townie townie.

By the way, if I die, and I'm a seer, I peeked Canucklehead17. Canuckle is a townie.
I was just reading this wrong I guess.....I thought that he said "When I die and I come up a seer, Canucklhead is a townie."

My apologies.
- Emery
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:02 pm

Post by Arafax »

EBWOP - Err....In my last post I quoted LuckayLuck, not Canucklehead...Sorry... :oops:
- Emery
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by Twito »

There is nothing new in blindly following someone completely insane.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Canucklehead17
Canucklehead17
Goon
Canucklehead17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by Canucklehead17 »

STD wrote:Picture this. Johny says, "The moon is made of green cheese!"
Nathan says, "I agree! Johny said it, so it must be true!"

In this case, Nathan is not saying that he believes the moon is made of green cheese, but that Johny is correct. That way, when Johny is shot down, Nathan can blame Johny.

In any case, one of us voted for Jack, while one of us didn't. I was actually more inclined to vig Jack based on apparently poor + possibly scummy play.
But that is
not what I said

You pointed out a suspicion in Jack...I noted the suspicion, and added it to my own suspicions.

I never said "STD think Jack is suspicious, so it MUST be true!"

I was simply referencing what turned my vote. You hadn't even voted yet, so how could I be blaming it on you? You just pointed something out, you didn't take any definite action, not even a finger of suspicion!

Again, I say, don't you think I KNOW what I'm doing? If you don't want me referencing anything you say through the rest of the game, then by all means, tell me to stop now.
STD wrote:So you think it's better to lose control of your own thoughts just to prove someone wrong?
Nooo, is that what I said? No, it's not!

I simply suggested we give LL a chance(cause he's been begging for one forever now). I wanted to see if his "Townie Tells" have anything to them at all. Better now than late in the game, don't you think?

How else do we know if he's crazy or if he's actually got a point?
STD wrote:Something wrong with setting up the other person with the fall.
Again, I wasn't setting you up. I was simply referencing what swung my vote. If Jack turned out to be a townie, and I popped up and said "Ohh, well I was just following STD" then you might have a case against me. As it stands, you don't.
STD wrote:It is interesting to note that you regret getting caught rather than regret possibly icing a townie to prove your point.
What exactly did you expect me to do? Apologize to Jack for voting for him? What if he IS actually scum?

Something tells me you haven't even thought of that.
STD wrote:First of all, I'm unaware of anyone hosing you because you are a n00b.

Second of all, you have been very careful. I'd say you've gone under my radar for most of the game until that point.

Third of all, when people are scum, they make mistakes. When people are townies, they make mistakes. I can't say for sure, but the fact you say "I made a mistake in my wording" makes me think you're backtracking. Because it would be a good idea to discredit/remove LL as town if he's leading the town astray.
Firstly, no one has been hosing me for being a newb. What I was referring to was all the folks saying "Ohhh, well he's new, it was just a slip up".

Second, I think you'll find I've been one of the leading posters in this game, so if I've been going under the radar, I must be awfully good at it.

And third, yes, I'm backtracking to tell what I originally meant. Did you have another idea in mind for me to explain myself? Even you are telling me I've made mistakes in my wording, but somehow, when I say I made a mistake, it's scummy?
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Twito »

CH wrote:I simply suggested we give LL a chance(cause he's been begging for one forever now). I wanted to see if his "Townie Tells" have anything to them at all. Better now than late in the game, don't you think?

How else do we know if he's crazy or if he's actually got a point?
Maybe read the link provided. It has his old game where you can see that many of his townie tells are completely wrong.

And what I find extremely scummy is that you are now saying how experienced you are, that you are not a noob, that you know what you are doing. And using that as your defence.
Before when LL counted you as town based on you being newish you said nothing about this.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Canucklehead17
Canucklehead17
Goon
Canucklehead17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:58 pm

Post by Canucklehead17 »

Twito wrote:Maybe read the link provided. It has his old game where you can see that many of his townie tells are completely wrong.

And what I find extremely scummy is that you are now saying how experienced you are, that you are not a noob, that you know what you are doing. And using that as your defence.
Before when LL counted you as town based on you being newish you said nothing about this.
I regret to say that I didn't read the link he had provided. If this is the case, then all of this may have been avoided. :oops:

However, in response to your second point, I actually did say something when LL said I was newish and counted me as a townie. It's post 66 I believe:
Moi wrote:LL, thanks for the defense thus far. I hope you won't think less of me, but seeing as mafia is a game of suspicion...

I suspect I may be getting set up. Let's say, theoretically, that you're scum. It would be a sneaky strategy if you were to protect me all day from IH, and then kill off IH tonight. Suddenly, tomorrow, people are thinking the new guy slipped up and killed off the main guy accusing him. So there I go.

FoS: LL
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by IH »

I've never liked that LL quote about "If I come up cop"

I'll probably say something about that later, I need to think about it some.

Also, STD, why have you put your eye on Twito? You were defending him strongly not to long ago. Is that IGMEOY meaning you've really started watching him, or scolding him for doing the same thing as Canuckle?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Cardinal Ibelly
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by Cardinal Ibelly »

The Official “Bananaphone!” Vote Count!

Jack – 5 – LuckayLuck, Twito, Canucklehead17, Ether, IH
Canucklehead17 - 4 - Maz Medias, Mariyta, Fritzler, Save the Dragons

Ether – 2 – Bogre, Cogito Ergo Sum
LuckayLuck – 2 – HackerHuck, TheEyeofMordor
Twito – 2 – the silent speaker, Thok

Arafax – 1 – PookyTheMagicalBear
bird1111 – 1 – bird1111
IH – 1 – Nightson
Mariyta – 1- Arafax
the silent speaker – 1 – VitaminR

With
alive, it takes
to get together and sing!

Busy playing pingpongpingpongpingpongping – 2 – Jack, Sotty7

Mod Note: Prods are being sent on Bird1111, Nightson, and PookytheMagicalBear.

Sotty7 has failed to pick up her last prod, and will be replaced.

Edit: Prod also sent on Bogre.
Last edited by Cardinal Ibelly on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardinal Ibelly says:

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983]Replace into Royal Family Mafia Today![/url]
Cardinal Ibelly
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:31 pm

Post by Cardinal Ibelly »

Mastermind of Sin replaces Sotty7. Everybody welcome him to the game!
Cardinal Ibelly says:

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983]Replace into Royal Family Mafia Today![/url]
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:42 pm

Post by Nightson »

I know, I need to post, but I'm busy preparing for finals week, I dunno about the twovote leaders.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 pm

Post by Thok »

Since LL for better or worse has dominated the thread, I just wanted to add a couple of paragraphs about my thoughts on him/his style of play.

LL has claimed that he has a system of finding townie tells that are useful to him. I find that reasonable; it's not a standard style of play, but it may be one that works for him. I don't expect him to 100% accurate (nobody can be 100% accurate), but if he is town and if his instincts are simply better than average, his input can be useful.

I will say that his townie spreadsheet is not helpful in some respects; while LL gives his impressions of who he thinks is protown, his spreadsheet doesn't tell us for the most part why he thinks people are protown. Saying "lots of townie tells" is something of a copout that avoids explaining why somebody is protown or antitown. (Not that LL should explain the townie tells for each person in all the full gory details, as if he's town that could help scum decide what sorts of things he is looking for. But if LL is town, simply making some of his reasoning more apparent would make him more useful).

It also strikes me as strange that much of the discussion of LL has been fairly theoretical (discussing if townie tells really exist), but that it feels like very few people have asked LL to give some example of what he is looking for.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm

Post by Jack »

Vote:Nightson
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:27 am

Canucklehead17 wrote: But that is
not what I said

You pointed out a suspicion in Jack...I noted the suspicion, and added it to my own suspicions.

Arg. my analogy was flawed.

I am meerly implying that you have set up someone else for the fall.

I'm not trying to say that you definatively were, I think i mentioned this wasn't my strongest point against you.
Canucklehead17 wrote:Again, I say, don't you think I KNOW what I'm doing? If you don't want me referencing anything you say through the rest of the game, then by all means, tell me to stop now.
I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I'm scum hunting. I don't have a beef with you, so I don't know why I would want you to stop refrencing me.
Canucklehead17 wrote:
STD wrote:So you think it's better to lose control of your own thoughts just to prove someone wrong?
Nooo, is that what I said? No, it's not!
Of course it's not what you said. Scum don't sit there and go "I'M SCUM" all day (well, most of them don't). I am giving my interpretation of your action.
Canucklehead17 wrote:I simply suggested we give LL a chance(cause he's been begging for one forever now). I wanted to see if his "Townie Tells" have anything to them at all. Better now than late in the game, don't you think?
You were still following LL to follow LL AFAICT, which can be disaterous, unless you are Twito. Then it's ok, because people don't follow Twito.
Canucklehead17 wrote:Again, I wasn't setting you up. I was simply referencing what swung my vote. If Jack turned out to be a townie, and I popped up and said "Ohh, well I was just following STD" then you might have a case against me. As it stands, you don't.
Tru, I took a pre-emptive strike. Still, I can still say that you left that option open. Yeah, it's possible you were never planning on pursuing it, townie or scum.
Canucklehead17 wrote:What exactly did you expect me to do? Apologize to Jack for voting for him? What if he IS actually scum?
It's possible he's scum. However that's not the issue. It's not being sorry for Jack. It's what you regret.

It's called an appeal to emotion. It makes you look human, and therefore, townie.

However, when prodded about it, you're not regretting the fact you might be wrong, you're regretting the fact you might not survive.

I see town more likely to do the former and scum more likely to do the latter, although I'll admit that either alignment could do either action.
STD wrote:First of all, I'm unaware of anyone hosing you because you are a n00b.

Canuckle wrote:Firstly, no one has been hosing me for being a newb. What I was referring to was all the folks saying "Ohhh, well he's new, it was just a slip up".
That was my point.
Who's
doing that?
Canuckle wrote:Second, I think you'll find I've been one of the leading posters in this game, so if I've been going under the radar, I must be awfully good at it.
You haven't been going under the radar (unless you are refering to my scumdar), and as far as I can tell, the only person worried about whether you are a n00b or not is you.

I don't care how GOOD you are. You've played a few games. Awesome.

YOU ARE NOT A N00B.
Canucklehead17 wrote:And third, yes, I'm backtracking to tell what I originally meant. Did you have another idea in mind for me to explain myself? Even you are telling me I've made mistakes in my wording, but somehow, when I say I made a mistake, it's scummy?
Your choice of words is interesting, but possibly harmless. Not too sure what to make of it, to be honest.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't recall defending Twito strongly, but if I was, my memory isn't working well at the moment.

Anyway.

Basically I realized Twito's doing a behavior I don't like. Therefore I will watch him. I don't know what to think of him alignment wise, but I still think he's probably town.
Canucklehead17
Canucklehead17
Goon
Canucklehead17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:31 am

Post by Canucklehead17 »

me wrote:But that is not what I said.

STD wrote:Arg. my analogy was flawed.

I am meerly implying that you have set up someone else for the fall.

I'm not trying to say that you definatively were, I think i mentioned this wasn't my strongest point against you.
Actually, it was another point you said wasn't your strongest. That makes two I guess.
me wrote:Again, I say, don't you think I KNOW what I'm doing? If you don't want me referencing anything you say through the rest of the game, then by all means, tell me to stop now.
STD wrote:I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I'm scum hunting. I don't have a beef with you, so I don't know why I would want you to stop refrencing me.
Yes, I know. I was simply pointing out that you were overreacting to my referencing you. I didn't really think you wanted me to stop referencing you.
me wrote:Nooo, is that what I said? No, it's not!
STD wrote: Of course it's not what you said. Scum don't sit there and go "I'M SCUM" all day (well, most of them don't). I am giving my interpretation of your action.
Ok, but that wasn't actually about me saying if I was scum or not. You had said that by following LL for this round, I was saying it was better to lose control of my own thoughts just to prove LL wrong. And of course I addressed this in the last post I made.
me wrote:I simply suggested we give LL a chance(cause he's been begging for one forever now). I wanted to see if his "Townie Tells" have anything to them at all. Better now than late in the game, don't you think?
STD wrote:You were still following LL to follow LL AFAICT, which can be disaterous, unless you are Twito. Then it's ok, because people don't follow Twito.

:? They don't follow me either do they??
me wrote:Firstly, no one has been hosing me for being a newb. What I was referring to was all the folks saying "Ohhh, well he's new, it was just a slip up".
STD wrote:That was my point. Who's doing that?
Alright, I've gone back and looked over the past few pages, and I read some things wrong. No one said what I thought they were saying. I officially drop the newb thing.
me wrote:Second, I think you'll find I've been one of the leading posters in this game, so if I've been going under the radar, I must be awfully good at it.
STD wrote:You haven't been going under the radar (unless you are refering to my scumdar), and as far as I can tell, the only person worried about whether you are a n00b or not is you.
Ok, you say that, but in your above post you said:
STD wrote:Second of all, you have been very careful. I'd say you've gone under my radar for most of the game until that point.
Care to explain?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”